Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

cat cafe

Jump to newest

By *iamondsmiles. OP   Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

Has anyone ever been to one? They have them a lot in Japan and places where people live in small apartments.

You can go and relax with a coffee and are surrounded by cats to play with.

There is o e in London called Dinah's which has 10 cats, its all to do with the cats wellbeing and there are proper play areas where you can play with the cats.

The one in London is near brick lane and jay says we can go next time we are in london

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I'd like to visit a Japanese Trap-café...

over a year ago

"I'd like to visit a Japanese Trap-café... "
had to look it up I'd like to go to one as well and welcome back soxy you've been missed

By *issmorganWoman
over a year ago

Calderdale innit

"Has anyone ever been to one? They have them a lot in Japan and places where people live in small apartments.

There is o e in London called Dinah's which has 10 cats, its all to do with the cats wellbeing and there are proper play areas where you can play with the cats.

The one in London is near brick lane and jay says we can go next time we are in london "

I'd love to go to one ,sounds amazing.

over a year ago

Ooh I would love to go to one that has lots of puppies

over a year ago

It should of been not

over a year ago

Only the Japs could be surrounded by Pussy like that....

over a year ago

"I'd like to visit a Japanese Trap-café... had to look it up I'd like to go to one as well and welcome back soxy you've been missed"

Thankies.....xxx

over a year ago

"Has anyone ever been to one? They have them a lot in Japan and places where people live in small apartments.

The one in London is near brick lane and jay says we can go next time we are in london "

Stuff that London is minging ... I have 6 cats come over to visit me lol

By *rsIdiotWoman
over a year ago

Bedworth

There's one opened up in nottingham a few weeks ago. It's proved to be really popular so far. It has been courting controversy though, mainly because they have now introduced an entry fee, despite advertising in all the local media that entry is free. It now means that coffee and cake costs as much per person as a three course lunch at many city centre restaurants.

My mum and sister cancelled their booking for today because they disagree with the fee and the way that the owners have handled it

over a year ago

The one in London is near brick lane and jay says we can go next time we are in london

Stuff that London is minging ... I have 6 cats come over to visit me lol"

I've got 4 we could join forces

over a year ago

"There's one opened up in nottingham a few weeks ago. It's proved to be really popular so far. It has been courting controversy though, mainly because they have now introduced an entry fee, despite advertising in all the local media that entry is free. It now means that coffee and cake costs as much per person as a three course lunch at many city centre restaurants.

My mum and sister cancelled their booking for today because they disagree with the fee and the way that the owners have handled it"

the one in London is £6 but goes to the cats but then its just normal prices for coffee and cake, where in Nottingham is it?

By *er himWoman
over a year ago

Essex

"There's one opened up in nottingham a few weeks ago. It's proved to be really popular so far. It has been courting controversy though, mainly because they have now introduced an entry fee, despite advertising in all the local media that entry is free. It now means that coffee and cake costs as much per person as a three course lunch at many city centre restaurants.

My mum and sister cancelled their booking for today because they disagree with the fee and the way that the owners have handled itthe one in London is £6 but goes to the cats but then its just normal prices for coffee and cake, where in Nottingham is it?

"

Coffee,cake and pussy to play with sounds good to us

over a year ago

My mum and sister cancelled their booking for today because they disagree with the fee and the way that the owners have handled it"

I have some connection with Pets As Therapy - cats and dogs, it really is mind blowing how they can change someones mood and create well being - although disagree that you should pay for the privilege. An animal sanctuary near us has a 'cat room' with sofas and people can sit on the sofas and just have cuddles with the cats - it's used for people who are ill too.

over a year ago

I've got two. Purr purr

By *rsIdiotWoman
over a year ago

Bedworth

The one in nottingham is on friar lane, right in the city centre.

They charge £3 on weekdays and £5 at the weekend and bank holidays. With coffee and cake coming in at around £8 per person it makes it an expensive way to spend an hour.

They state that it is a welfare charge to go to the care of the cats. The controversy stems fron the fact that those who visited in the first two weeks paid nothing. Also, those who had pre booked were now told on arrival that they had to pay this fee to go in.

Another thing that has upset many potential customers is the difference in price dependung on what day you want to visit. As many stated on their facebook page, the welfare needs of the cats doesn't change depending on the day so neither should the welfare fee for customers

over a year ago

"The one in nottingham is on friar lane, right in the city centre.

They charge £3 on weekdays and £5 at the weekend and bank holidays. With coffee and cake coming in at around £8 per person it makes it an expensive way to spend an hour.

They state that it is a welfare charge to go to the care of the cats. The controversy stems fron the fact that those who visited in the first two weeks paid nothing. Also, those who had pre booked were now told on arrival that they had to pay this fee to go in.

Another thing that has upset many potential customers is the difference in price dependung on what day you want to visit. As many stated on their facebook page, the welfare needs of the cats doesn't change depending on the day so neither should the welfare fee for customers"

I can understand that, as you say welfare is the same price any day, also I wouldn't be happy to book then be told I had to pay.

However, Nottingham is easy for me to get to and I know where friar lane is so may be tempted

over a year ago

Another thing that has upset many potential customers is the difference in price dependung on what day you want to visit. As many stated on their facebook page, the welfare needs of the cats doesn't change depending on the day so neither should the welfare fee for customers"

You can get a three course meal in Nottingham for £11

over a year ago

Diamondsmiles if you do go to the London one unless the initial interest has worn off you have to book several weeks in advance

By *rsIdiotWoman
over a year ago

Bedworth

Another thing that has upset many potential customers is the difference in price dependung on what day you want to visit. As many stated on their facebook page, the welfare needs of the cats doesn't change depending on the day so neither should the welfare fee for customersI can understand that, as you say welfare is the same price any day, also I wouldn't be happy to book then be told I had to pay.

However, Nottingham is easy for me to get to and I know where friar lane is so may be tempted "

Make sure you book ahead, I believe they are still not accepting walk in customers yet due to popularity

over a year ago

Another thing that has upset many potential customers is the difference in price dependung on what day you want to visit. As many stated on their facebook page, the welfare needs of the cats doesn't change depending on the day so neither should the welfare fee for customersI can understand that, as you say welfare is the same price any day, also I wouldn't be happy to book then be told I had to pay.

However, Nottingham is easy for me to get to and I know where friar lane is so may be tempted

Make sure you book ahead, I believe they are still not accepting walk in customers yet due to popularity"

I will, six weeks in advance for the one in London

By *rsIdiotWoman
over a year ago

Bedworth

Another thing that has upset many potential customers is the difference in price dependung on what day you want to visit. As many stated on their facebook page, the welfare needs of the cats doesn't change depending on the day so neither should the welfare fee for customers

You can get a three course meal in Nottingham for £11 "

You certainly can. Most restaurants in the city centre offer lunchtime specials for around that price.

Just last week I went over there shopping and met my sister for lunch. Our bill came to £23 including drinks

By *ucyfur77Woman
over a year ago

Pleasuretown

Not yet, but I really want to go *smiles sweetly

over a year ago

I'm sensing a business opportunity here.....

By *ere-for-my-convenienceWoman
over a year ago

West Midlands

Even better

My friend's has cats protection cats in her huge garden

There's rarely less than 40

A shed is for the kittens

Then she has a massive fenced off run with branches

Then a separate shed for mums to be

And I get a free coffee and a meal

over a year ago

"Ooh I would love to go to one that has lots of puppies "

so what happens to them when they are no longer puppies?

over a year ago

I went to this one last year Diamond. I loved it with being a cat person. Check on the website though as I had to book to go

By *icky999Man
over a year ago

warrington

Is this any thing to do with all the cats heads they found in a back alley outside the curry mile?

over a year ago

My friend lives in London and she goes to Dinahs quite a bit because she can't have cats in her flat and misses having a pet. i think it's a great idea

By *uby0000Woman
over a year ago

hertfordshire

sounds great but I go to the rspca rescue centre and play with the cats and kittens there they are always looking for volunteers

By *ot monkey71Couple
over a year ago

middlesbrough

"Even better

"

so cool, two of my cats are from cat protection

over a year ago

"Even better

"

Ahh I would love that too, I always come home from shelters wanting to adopt ALL the cats though

By *jandjbCouple
over a year ago

Nr Manchester

I'd love to go to one ,sounds amazing."

I'd hate it as I'm extremely allergic to cats!

over a year ago

Couldn't think of anything worse! Cats = cunts

over a year ago

"Ooh I would love to go to one that has lots of puppies

so what happens to them when they are no longer puppies? "

I would go back every week and still see them - love watching dogs and getting to know their characters

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

Near me (London) there is a cat cafe, dog cafe, and a Nana cafe!

If you fancy spending time chatting to older people rock up to the Nana cafe.

Diamondsmiles, you need to open a Nana Cat Cafe.

Post new Message to Thread