Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

BT Vs Sky

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I want to leave SKY as my broadband keeps failing and I am sick of trying to get it sorted.

I cannot get Virgin in our area.

Has anyone got a BT TV and internet bundle? Is it any good? What dont you get on BT, that you get on SKY?

Thanks in advance

Ben xxx

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

BT Infinity is quite unreliable too. Although the speed most of the time is much better, the service on normal broadband was more reliable. BT Vision doesn't offer the same choice as Sky either, but it does depend on your _iewing habits.

By *ngel n tedCouple
over a year ago

maidstone

BT broadband is much better than sky, but the telly package is basically free _iew, with a couple of extra channels. We found BT infinity very reliable and definitely worth the telly tradeoff. If you look at sky's channel listings, they're a fucking joke. .....about 640 odd channels, 599 of them being made up of +1s,+2s and repeated channels. You should definitely switch.

By *eforfuncplCouple
over a year ago

Morecambe

We leaving Sky too ! Not for anything other than the greedy bastards pushing up the price again !

Virgin here we come heard both good and bad things about BT neighbours have it and they love it x

over a year ago

I'm on BT however Iv stopped paying the payments as the customer service is absolute rubbish!!! They are always increasing the prices.

My internet kept going aswell with BT .. Even someone that works for BT says the company is shit!!

I'm going over to sky.

over a year ago

"We leaving Sky too ! Not for anything other than the greedy bastards pushing up the price again !

Virgin here we come heard both good and bad things about BT neighbours have it and they love it x "

Virgin up their prices too! They are all the same. I was told to go with a plan then when it increases after a year or hiwever long to threaten to leave and they will give you a better deal. I don't that when I was on Virgin.

Virgin have no English customer service operators too.

over a year ago

Just a lil bit of advice, sky broadband runs through the BT network and framework so basically other than exchange equipment you will have the Same problems as you have now, best advice get it fixed then leave other wise your problems will leave with you.

By *remiumChocolate_milkMan
over a year ago

Milton Keynes

My sky contract ends on may 10th. Decided to cancel yesterday because of the price - £75 a month and that's just with sports and the broadband/phone line. Gonna go with Plusnet, who I was previously with phone wise.

By *remiumChocolate_milkMan
over a year ago

Milton Keynes

Plusnet are based in the UK too

over a year ago

So in summary, all service providers are equally as good or bad as each other.

Some will get excellent coverage, performance and customer service from each of them, others will find them all rubbish...

The way it always has been and always will be

For what it's worth I'm on BT and always found them fine from a customer service perspective but download speed can be variable (but I'm quite a way from the nearest exchange)

over a year ago

BT Infinity and Vision+ subscriber here -

I'm lucky I suppose, in that I'm within 50 yards of a junction box so I've got speeds of 40 Mb download and 20 Mb upload at my pc - just tested - which is some way from the hub

Never had a problem with their customer services, and have had installation guys out quickly etc.

The TV package is quite good, and a lot of catchup services, but they're dropping their TV box set and Film service, instead offering a Netflix subscription.

Also get free BT Sport so a lot of the Premier League footy, Rugby Motorsport, and American Sport

over a year ago

BT told me they would sort everything out with the last provider... Only to find they hadn't so had to pay for both Virgin and BT because BT didn't do their job properly.. I phoned up 4 times to try and get this sorted, but no avail. BT apparently do not have the authority to stop some of virgins services when you change provider. So in my eyes BT don't have a clue what they are doing.

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Thanks folks

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

BT are shocking they have caused me so much grief when I left thrm

over a year ago

When I moved into my place about 4yrs ago I was told by Sky that they could only supply my internet through a 3rd party and it would cost me an extra £10 a month. I was still under contract to them and had little choice but to accept. They quoted me speeds of between 5 & 8mbps which was acceptable to me at the time. What I actually got was 0.6mbps on a regular basis and no matter what they did I never got above 1mbps. I was able to cancel my contract with them due to them breaching their contract. Since then I've been with Virgin and although it's slightly more expensive the service I've had has been exceptional. I've never had any faults or drop-outs and although I pay for 100mbps internet I regularly see speeds in excess of 110mbps and soon having a free speed increase too.

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

I have both. I have telephony from BT and TV package from Sky.

I have enjoyed great service from both and I have no complaints.

Post new Message to Thread