Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Essex Beaches

Jump to newest

By *airy_Hetty OP   Woman
over a year ago

Greater London

What are the good beaches around the area that's suitable for preteen boys & a dog and have close cafe facilities please?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *edangel_2013Woman
over a year ago

southend

All of the Southend beaches are dog free March to October. I think most beaches are.

over a year ago

Greater London

I thought it was May?

over a year ago

Greater London

What's Thorney Bay beach like?

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

It's just further up than Southend so lose lots of the facilities for drinks and such like. Top end there is uncle toms cabin. It's mostly stones that end I think as well.

By *lactontogMan
over a year ago

Clacton on Sea

Clacton, Walton and St Oysths are no dogs between March and October too as are most of the beaches.

Dogs are usually allowed up to when Easter starts as thats the beginning of the holiday season.

By *lactontogMan
over a year ago

Clacton on Sea

"What's Thorney Bay beach like? "

Its a big sea wall but not much of a beach from what i saw but you can have dogs on there as my brother took his dog when he had a van on the site.

over a year ago

Greater London

"What's Thorney Bay beach like?

Its a big sea wall but not much of a beach from what i saw but you can have dogs on there as my brother took his dog when he had a van on the site."

I popped there briefly. Big mistake, boys and dog covered in mud. So we then went to Southend were we washed the mud off at least! Lol

over a year ago

"All of the Southend beaches are dog free March to October. I think most beaches are."

They must have changed the rules regarding dogs, as I remember it used to be that between March and October Dogs were still permitted on the beach but had to be kept on a lead.

Mind you, it's been over 12 years since I last took a dog for a walk on the beach and about two and a half years since my dog died so I don't really pay much attention to the notices regarding dogs anymore.

over a year ago

Greater London

Dogs not allowed but I never saw the sign until we left after we washed the mud off!

By *lactontogMan
over a year ago

Clacton on Sea

The council will fine you if you are caught on the beach with a dog during holiday season, Clacton have had their blue flag for quite a while so the beach & water ain't too bad now.

over a year ago

Shoeburyness East is lovely. Don't know about dogs but it's a nice sandy beach, there's a big grass bit (no sand in your picnic!!) small kids play area & a crabbing pool.

over a year ago

Greater London

Thanks folks for your suggestions.

By *ebecca10Woman
over a year ago

Yeovil

Maldon front isn't a beach but lots to do x

By *ebecca10Woman