Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

fish

Jump to newest

By *iamondsmiles. OP   Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

Do you like fish, seems to be the only thing I will eat anything of at the moment.

The only fish I don't fancy trying is skate, think the bones put me off, I have a penchant for cockles, whelks, shrimps, ect. From a really early age I remember my dad teaching us how to eat whelks and open up shrinks.

I once tried sea urchin on sushi and probably the worst thing I've ever had in my mouth.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I love fish especially mackerel & sea bass.

I've always wondered what cockels and whelks taste like, I love seafood so I'm guessing I'd probably like them?

By *orkieLassCouple
over a year ago

York

I have a sea urchin in my fish tank. He's called Clive

By *rcticFoxxxWoman
over a year ago

Hereabouts

I'd kill for tescos own brand white fish, with spaghetti and parsley sauce

over a year ago

"I love fish especially mackerel & sea bass.

I've always wondered what cockels and whelks taste like, I love seafood so I'm guessing I'd probably like them?"

whelks are very rubbery but a bit of salt and vinegar and they really are nice. Cockles don't have much of a taste but much neater, again with salt and vinegar

over a year ago

*meater*

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

I prefer fish to meat I love it

over a year ago

"I prefer fish to meat I love it "
what's your favourite fish?

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

"I prefer fish to meat I love it what's your favourite fish?

"

I'd have to say salmon but I love a seafood platter with prawns etc

over a year ago

Scallops and black pudding. .dressed and presented on a honister slate...

over a year ago

I'd have to say salmon but I love a seafood platter with prawns etc "

I love salmon but it depends how the fish is cooked, had tipila in a restaurant and it was bloody gorgeous how they did it, also sea bass just in foil with herbs

over a year ago

And i am aware its not classed as fish , or is it?

over a year ago

I love the Anglesey sea bass at the Jamie's Italian restaurant in Nottingham, stuffed with roasted vegetables it's one of my favourites.

over a year ago

"And i am aware its not classed as fish , or is it?"
what black pudding I would class scallops as fish

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

I'd have to say salmon but I love a seafood platter with prawns etc I love salmon but it depends how the fish is cooked, had tipila in a restaurant and it was bloody gorgeous how they did it, also sea bass just in foil with herbs"

I also like sardines done on the BBQ with lemon and a drizzle of olive oil

By *ranthamThroatMan
over a year ago

Grantham.

"Do you like fish, seems to be the only thing I will eat anything of at the moment.

The only fish I don't fancy trying is skate, think the bones put me off, I have a penchant for cockles, whelks, shrimps, ect. From a really early age I remember my dad teaching us how to eat whelks and open up shrinks.

I once tried sea urchin on sushi and probably the worst thing I've ever had in my mouth.

"

You sure about that missus?

over a year ago

When we went to Ireland the only thing I ate all week was seafood chowder, I had it for every meal and each place did their own recipe

over a year ago

Agree

If you put the fish in foil,then a tray small depth of water,whatever butter and herbs are inside your parcel will poach nicely on a slow heat. .

Gino out!lol x

over a year ago

"Do you like fish, seems to be the only thing I will eat anything of at the moment.

You sure about that missus? "

lol, taste it and see lol

By *ranthamThroatMan
over a year ago

Grantham.

You sure about that missus? lol, taste it and see lol

"

LOL, nice escape!. if you like seafood try Morrison's baby squid, lightly scored, dipped in tempura batter and deep fried then topped with chilliand salt, garlic too if you like it, yummy.

By *lutmeup500Woman
over a year ago

London

fishy fanny :/

over a year ago

LOL, nice escape!. if you like seafood try Morrison's baby squid, lightly scored, dipped in tempura batter and deep fried then topped with chilliand salt, garlic too if you like it, yummy. "

I love tempura squid, fancy a huge seafood platter now

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

LOL, nice escape!. if you like seafood try Morrison's baby squid, lightly scored, dipped in tempura batter and deep fried then topped with chilliand salt, garlic too if you like it, yummy. I love tempura squid, fancy a huge seafood platter now"

Me too

over a year ago

LOL, nice escape!. if you like seafood try Morrison's baby squid, lightly scored, dipped in tempura batter and deep fried then topped with chilliand salt, garlic too if you like it, yummy. I love tempura squid, fancy a huge seafood platter now

Me too "

or a piella

By *ranthamThroatMan
over a year ago

Grantham.

LOL, nice escape!. if you like seafood try Morrison's baby squid, lightly scored, dipped in tempura batter and deep fried then topped with chilliand salt, garlic too if you like it, yummy. I love tempura squid, fancy a huge seafood platter now

Me too or a piella"

Went to get some squid today but they didn't have a delivery , gutted, check out web for Tilapia though, most from Vietnam and from heavily polluted rivers.

I bought some once and binned it after checking it out.

over a year ago

I only eat fish from the fish shop

over a year ago

Me too or a piella

Went to get some squid today but they didn't have a delivery , gutted, check out web for Tilapia though, most from Vietnam and from heavily polluted rivers.

I bought some once and binned it after checking it out. "

I mentioned tilapia further up but spelt it wrong lol. I had it in an Indian infused restaurant and the way it was cooked was gorgeous, I think you can get them in rivers in England down south but was aware of them coming from heavily polluted rivers but not until after I ate it

By *ranthamThroatMan
over a year ago

Grantham.

Me too or a piella

I bought some once and binned it after checking it out. I mentioned tilapia further up but spelt it wrong lol. I had it in an Indian infused restaurant and the way it was cooked was gorgeous, I think you can get them in rivers in England down south but was aware of them coming from heavily polluted rivers but not until after I ate it "

heh heh,you could have had it in "piella" too, me bad!

over a year ago

Me too or a piella

I bought some once and binned it after checking it out. I mentioned tilapia further up but spelt it wrong lol. I had it in an Indian infused restaurant and the way it was cooked was gorgeous, I think you can get them in rivers in England down south but was aware of them coming from heavily polluted rivers but not until after I ate it

heh heh,you could have had it in "piella" too, me bad!"

good job I don't get shagged for my spelling skills

By *ranthamThroatMan
over a year ago

Grantham.

Me too or a piella

I bought some once and binned it after checking it out. I mentioned tilapia further up but spelt it wrong lol. I had it in an Indian infused restaurant and the way it was cooked was gorgeous, I think you can get them in rivers in England down south but was aware of them coming from heavily polluted rivers but not until after I ate it

heh heh,you could have had it in "piella" too, me bad!good job I don't get shagged for my spelling skills "

Well I must say your spelling is normally a lot better, so those wee errors made me smile, how's the Th Cheshire Cheese btw?

over a year ago

Me too or a piella

heh heh,you could have had it in "piella" too, me bad!good job I don't get shagged for my spelling skills

Well I must say your spelling is normally a lot better, so those wee errors made me smile, how's the Th Cheshire Cheese btw? "

Stilton cheese lol, funnily enough thinking of paying it a visit to see if its changed

By *ranthamThroatMan
over a year ago

Grantham.

Me too or a piella

heh heh,you could have had it in "piella" too, me bad!good job I don't get shagged for my spelling skills

Well I must say your spelling is normally a lot better, so those wee errors made me smile, how's the Th Cheshire Cheese btw? "

Th Cheshire Cheese btw...m

typo's are catching it seems! lol

*The.

over a year ago

I can't get my winkle out , isn't it a sin.

The more I try and poke it out , the more that it goes in.

over a year ago

I'd have to say salmon but I love a seafood platter with prawns etc I love salmon but it depends how the fish is cooked, had tipila in a restaurant and it was bloody gorgeous how they did it, also sea bass just in foil with herbs

I also like sardines done on the BBQ with lemon and a drizzle of olive oil "

I am with you on that one cheeky,also cannot beat a bit of red mullet.. quite like sea bream as well

over a year ago

"I love fish especially mackerel & sea bass.

I've always wondered what cockels and whelks taste like, I love seafood so I'm guessing I'd probably like them?"

Try them with some vinegar but being Acidic you don,t want many.

over a year ago

Mackerel, sea bass, salmon and trout along with most shellfish

over a year ago

"Mackerel, sea bass, salmon and trout along with most shellfish "
now trout is a fish I don't like, doesn't matter how its cooked which is a shame as people here give it away as I'm next to Rutland water

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

I love fish and seafood. My favourite restaurants are seafood ones.

I can't do oysters and squid though.

Grey mullet stew...yummy!

over a year ago

Fresh water fish tastes totally different to sea fish.I always find fresh water fish has an earthy taste to it,which I don't like.much prefer sea water fish,skate(someone said earlier they didn't like it) being g one of my favourites

over a year ago

"I only eat fish from the fish shop "

You're not going to get it at the cobblers

over a year ago

Me too or a piella

I bought some once and binned it after checking it out. "

We had a fish farmer once who use to work on my Old factory site and among the fish species he bred were tilapia he sold Them on to posh restaurants in london But If the storys I heard were true Some tilapia may have got into the Local river they would have to find Source,s of warm water but could survive in such conditions but I have Never heard of any caught from the river and thats over 15 years ago now But stranger things have happened..

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

I've just bought some mussels and prawns to eat for me dinner

over a year ago

"I've just bought some mussels and prawns to eat for me dinner "

Alive alive O

over a year ago

I like shell fish, smoke fish & fish in things ie fish curry, but plain fillet is just so dull!

over a year ago

"Mackerel, sea bass, salmon and trout along with most shellfish now trout is a fish I don't like, doesn't matter how its cooked which is a shame as people here give it away as I'm next to Rutland water

"

Fresh brown or rainbow trout any Being given away is a must have the Price in the shops for fresh trout is Extortunate any from rutland going for Free I,d fill my chest freezer up With it one side of it at least..

over a year ago

Japanese for me, sashimi tuna and salmon, tempura prawns, black cod.....yum yum

over a year ago

"I love fish and seafood. My favourite restaurants are seafood ones.

I can't do oysters and squid though.

Grey mullet stew...yummy!

"

I remember once when at faro in Portugal right along the harbours surface grey mullet were gasping for Breath or oxygen and that was in december just before christmas I admit They are a lovely fish to eat, some Fishermen were spinning for sea bream just out of the harbour on some rocks The bream caught were the same shape As dinner plates so would fit nicely..

over a year ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kybyy1EkoOE&feature=youtube_gdata_player

over a year ago

"Japanese for me, sashimi tuna and salmon, tempura prawns, black cod.....yum yum"
This easter for The first time I went to a japanese Restaurant in notts and before sitting Down for our meal I was admireing These Black lobsters in this fish tank among other fish perhaps just for show, but when sitting down for the meal the cook Who was serveing us had the same kind of lobsters on The hotplate in front of us served to Other people you don,t need much food To feel full thats for sure.

over a year ago

I had my first sushi in a restaurant in Dublin, prepared by an Australian chef. Interesting. Not sure I would go for raw cod again.

over a year ago

Love fish, love mussels and prawns, I could eat it all the time if it wasn't so expensive

over a year ago

I've really enjoyed this thread, it was a good chat

over a year ago

Peppered Mackerel on toast for lunch - Yep yummy

over a year ago

Since turning veggie I've only licked Kippers....

over a year ago

"Love fish, love mussels and prawns, I could eat it all the time if it wasn't so expensive "

I'm not a big fan of anything smoked,but smoked mussels are delicious.

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

We're having fish tonight but I don't know what sort until it's presented to me. I should get the "chef" to give me a daily menu.

By *igandanneCouple
over a year ago

Cheltenham

Grilled dover sole is so good

over a year ago

I like Salmon, Mackerel, Plaice & Cod.

Not tried much else, I've always been tempted to try lobster though.

over a year ago

"

Skate don't have any bones. They are cartilaginous fish!

over a year ago

I like cod plaice haddock and i love lemon sole if i can afford it .. seems scarce these days tho

over a year ago

Had a lush prawn cocktail for lunch love cod haddock tuna n salmon had red snapper n lobster in Kenya they were beautiful not to keen on white bait x

Post new Message to Thread