Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

TLC

Jump to newest

By *etillante OP   Woman
over a year ago

Feel I need some

Have just been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes and I know that in the grand scheme of things is not that big a deal, but anyone got any advice ?

Just need a bit of TLC or am I being a big girls blouse lol

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Feel I need some

Have just been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes and I know that in the grand scheme of things is not that big a deal, but anyone got any advice ?

Just need a bit of TLC or am I being a big girls blouse lol"

quick look around to make sure no-ones looking...brings softer side out...moseys over to give a hug.x

over a year ago

Nope you ain't being a great girls blouse, but you do need to take care of yourself and do as the doctor tells you.

Remember that you are now entitled to a free eyesight test and you must also have a diabetic screen carried out ever 12months in order to check wether there have been any diabetic changes to the back of your eye.

Forum Mod

over a year ago

Although it may not be big in the grand scheme of things it still means you have to take really good care of yourself......are you going to be able to control it by diet or have you got to take medication? xxx

By *etillante OP   Woman
over a year ago

"Although it may not be big in the grand scheme of things it still means you have to take really good care of yourself......are you going to be able to control it by diet or have you got to take medication? xxx "

Have been told it should be controalble by diet and exercise. Wondered if sex counts as exercise lol

By *etillante OP   Woman
over a year ago

And thanks everyone xxx

over a year ago

Sex exercise? Oh deffo - it's all I do to keep fit. Lol

But do take good care of yourself hun. x

over a year ago

Of course it counts :o)

And you're not being a big girl- you're absolutely allowed big huge hugs- but if it helps....my Mum was diagnosed 5 years ago and is fighting fit at 61- mind you- I think it'd take a direct meteor strike to slow her down!

over a year ago

huge hugs mwah xxxxxxxxxxx

over a year ago

Hell of a shock to the system, so no your not being soft.

hugs

By *lackboaWoman
over a year ago

greenock

Hugs for you....i know we havent been formally introduced but hey, what the hell.....I'm a district nurse and have to deal with newly diagnosed diabetics quite often..and what you are feeling is absolutely normal...its a shock...be kind to yourself for a while till you get your head around it..then follow all the advice you have been given...read up about it......being well informed is half the battle...dont worry.....eat well.....and have as much sex as you can fit in.....E xx

over a year ago

"

quick look around to make sure no-ones looking...brings softer side out...moseys over to give a hug.x"

You ain't so tough after all are ya.

By *etillante OP   Woman
over a year ago

AS I said before thanks everyone for your support and PMs that I have received, what a wonderful community.

xxxxx

over a year ago

I'm sure you have done some googling on it. And as someone said, knowing you have it you can help control it.

I doubt if sex will cause you any problems unless you like to cover people in sugar lick it of them

All will be well with the advice you receive

over a year ago

"

quick look around to make sure no-ones looking...brings softer side out...moseys over to give a hug.x

You ain't so tough after all are ya."

sssshhh ffs! if that gets out im ruined!

By *etillante OP   Woman
over a year ago

"

I doubt if sex will cause you any problems unless you like to cover people in sugar lick it of them

"

Thankfully I don't have a sweet tooth, just like licking lol

By *etillante OP   Woman
over a year ago

"

sssshhh ffs! if that gets out im ruined!"

Too late was the cry lol

over a year ago

"

sssshhh ffs! if that gets out im ruined!

Too late was the cry lol"

Dammit............quickly finds someone to beat to restore bitch image lol

over a year ago

my daughter has been diabet since she was 7 years of age on insulin injections. all i know is that whatever doc says diet alone, or tablets, do exactly it, u dont want to end up on injections some adults do if they dont listen to advice. Just eat healthy and always carry some glucose tabs on you in case you get hypo (low blood sugar) and do finger prick tests quite often. best of luck. you be fine

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 03/06/09 09:08:15]

over a year ago

I have type II diabetes (diagnosed 8 years ago) - if you ever need a friendly ear then feel free to PM me. At first I was a bit like an ostrich - head in the sand and ended up on a hefty dose of metformin but now I dont need any drugs at all because I got my act together.

By the way, re the glucose ... type 2s are more prone to HIGH sugar levels - I've never had a hypo in 8 years. That's where the danger lies because you don't really feel any different when your sugars soar but it can have a bad long term effect on your eyesight and circulation if it isn't addressed. As I said though, PM me if you need to chat, vent or ask anything.

And yes - sex counts as exercise (but give the post nookie munchies a miss lol)

Hugs

Sugar xx (ironic name eh? lol)

(How annoying having to delete a whole post to stick one missed word in lol)

By *etillante OP   Woman
over a year ago

"

By the way, re the glucose ... type 2s are more prone to HIGH sugar levels - I've never had a hypo in 8 years. That's where the danger lies because you don't really feel any different when your sugars soar but it can have a bad long term effect on your eyesight and circulation if it isn't addressed.

"

Yes have never felt ill was diagnosed through routine blood tests, but at least it's been caught early

Thans for the message everyone has been so kind, nice to know nice people lol

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 03/06/09 11:25:05]

over a year ago

I am an insulin dependant diabetic who has 4 injections a day.

Listen to drs advice, have all the screening offered , maybe see if there is a local support group.

Its a big shock I know, but you will cope xx

over a year ago

Hi there i know plenty of ppl that have got it and they dont let it affect their lives to much so deffo plenty of sex counts or so i have been told lol just find out as much you can and there are plenty of places/groups that will help with this as in info or to listen to any questions youve got . x

over a year ago

iam a pharmacy tec for boots babe and please dont worry its a shock but so many thing we have to treat it now but one thing as we say to everyone please please lisen to the doctor and the pharmacy to what ever advice they give you xxxxxxx (p.s you can drink a little)but i did not say that xxxxxxxx

By *etillante OP   Woman
over a year ago

Just to let all you nice folks know, been to see diabetic nurse today, things looking ok and even got a machine that gives me a small prick.

Really want a big one lol

Post new Message to Thread