Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

radioactive tobacco vs organic

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Right all tobaccos other than organic additive free tobacco is radio active.

This is fact and always has been covered up!!

Tobacco plants also absorb tiny dust particles from the air that are loaded with small amounts of radioactive material, including polonium and other radioactive elements that eventually decay into it. These radioactive dust particles clump onto the sticky, hair-like projections (called trichomes) that thickly cover both sides of tobacco leaves.

Cigarettes deliver dangerously concentrated doses of radioactivity directly into the lungs. When smokers inhale, the radioactive particles damage lung tissue, creating ‘hot spots’ of damage.

This is my personal opinion however is backed up by many reports and studies including ones by cancer research UK and several other govs.

That if you stick too only organic additive free tobacco just like the native American Indians did when they first introduced tobacco to the world...would it actually benefit your health rather than damage it. The reason people get lung cancer...

Heart disease eetc is down to the tobacco being radioactive and nothing more.

What's peoples thoughts?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

All plants are likely to be ingesting similar air borne gases and many plants don't have smooth leaf surfaces. So it doesn't sound like an issue limited to tobacco plants, but could affect food plants.

If you have valid research materials from recognized scientific journals then I'm curious.

over a year ago

"All plants are likely to be ingesting similar air borne gases and many plants don't have smooth leaf surfaces. So it doesn't sound like an issue limited to tobacco plants, but could affect food plants.

If you have valid research materials from recognized scientific journals then I'm curious. "

But it does effect all resinous plants including veg and fruit. That's why organic only 20 odd years. Most feeds they spay plants with have lead 210 and Polonium-210 but they keep this one quiet

over a year ago

"All plants are likely to be ingesting similar air borne gases and many plants don't have smooth leaf surfaces. So it doesn't sound like an issue limited to tobacco plants, but could affect food plants.

If you have valid research materials from recognized scientific journals then I'm curious. "

And yes I do...but is world of secrets concerning...all about money like everything else

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Isn't much of Devon radioactive?

Double whammy if yer a smoker there.

over a year ago

"

Double whammy if yer a smoker there. "

Yes your right sure is..intact poor nudists get a raw deal is uranium nodes all day to over the beach. When was last there was a woman sat on one. I tried to explain she would get a radioactive pussy haha but she just looked at me like was a dafty and couninued to sit on the node. (Was joking with her about radioactive pussy...seemed funny at time...maybe too much cider )

over a year ago

Meant all over the beach...everywhere in fact. Went there with my g counter... very high readings in some places. Guess some people take the nodes home lol as look strange like a fossil and a ball but dangerous to play with some of them as rather high readings

over a year ago

"

Double whammy if yer a smoker there.

Yes your right sure is..intact poor nudists get a raw deal is uranium nodes all day to over the beach. When was last there was a woman sat on one. I tried to explain she would get a radioactive pussy haha but she just looked at me like was a dafty and couninued to sit on the node. (Was joking with her about radioactive pussy...seemed funny at time...maybe too much cider )"

Does a radioactive pussy become orgasmic?

over a year ago

"

Does a radioactive pussy become orgasmic?

"

Glow in the dark pussy

By *londeCazWoman
over a year ago

Arse End of the Universe, Cumbria

Every time you eat a banana you're ingesting ionising radiation...so banana scoffing smokers have no chance

I used to use the Banana Equivalent Dose table when I was a Nuclear Safety trainer - it's a bit of fun in what's quite a dry subject

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-15288975

By *ee VianteWoman
over a year ago

Somewhere in North Norfolk

"Every time you eat a banana you're ingesting ionising radiation...so banana scoffing smokers have no chance

I used to use the Banana Equivalent Dose table when I was a Nuclear Safety trainer - it's a bit of fun in what's quite a dry subject

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-15288975"

What's the equivalent dose when people insert the bananananana rather than eat it?

By *londeCazWoman
over a year ago

Arse End of the Universe, Cumbria

"Every time you eat a banana you're ingesting ionising radiation...so banana scoffing smokers have no chance

What's the equivalent dose when people insert the bananananana rather than eat it?"

If I'm ever called upon to train a bunch of swingers in Nuclear Safety, that could be one of the exercises

over a year ago

Call me Crash Test Dummy but i thought all Plants were Organic

Googly Gimp

By *ee VianteWoman
over a year ago

What's the equivalent dose when people insert the bananananana rather than eat it?

If I'm ever called upon to train a bunch of swingers in Nuclear Safety, that could be one of the exercises "

Ooh you could use glow in the dark condoms as training props too

over a year ago

I am not a scientist or doctor but I would advise against smoking anything that's radioactive to be honest.

Perhaps lay off the isotopes

By *ee VianteWoman
over a year ago

"Call me Crash Test Dummy but i thought all Plants were Organic

Googly Gimp"

Don't be daft. They're real, which makes them Physical. Unless they're on here and then they're virtual.

Proffesional Virago

By *bi HaiveMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Cheeseville, Somerset

We're all DOOOOOOOOOMED !!!

A

By *ee VianteWoman
over a year ago

"We're all DOOOOOOOOOMED !!!

A"

What with tattoos, radioactive fags and barebackers it's a wonder we're not all already dead.

Maybe we are but haven't realised it yet.

By *bi HaiveMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Cheeseville, Somerset

A

What with tattoos, radioactive fags and barebackers it's a wonder we're not all already dead.

Maybe we are but haven't realised it yet. "

Like Lost?

Ooh - now there's a conspiracy theory!

A

over a year ago

"Call me Crash Test Dummy but i thought all Plants were Organic

Googly Gimp

Don't be daft. They're real, which makes them Physical. Unless they're on here and then they're virtual.

Proffesional Virago"

Thanks for clearing that up..I now need to go lie down in a dark room with my Plutonium enriched Crayon

Germicidal Gimp

over a year ago

A glow in the dark gimp, can see it now

By *bi HaiveMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Cheeseville, Somerset

"A glow in the dark gimp, can see it now "

Of course you can see it!

It glows in the dark!!

Duh!!!!

A

By *emonWoman84Woman
over a year ago

Hartlepool

"Right all tobaccos other than organic additive free tobacco is radio active.

Tobacco plants also absorb tiny dust particles from the air that are loaded with small amounts of radioactive material, including polonium and other radioactive elements that eventually decay into it. These radioactive dust particles clump onto the sticky, hair-like projections (called trichomes) that thickly cover both sides of tobacco leaves.

Cigarettes deliver dangerously concentrated doses of radioactivity directly into the lungs. When smokers inhale, the radioactive particles damage lung tissue, creating ‘hot spots’ of damage.

This is my personal opinion however is backed up by many reports and studies including ones by cancer research UK and several other govs.

That if you stick too only organic additive free tobacco just like the native American Indians did when they first introduced tobacco to the world...would it actually benefit your health rather than damage it. The reason people get lung cancer...

What's peoples thoughts?"

My thoughts are:

Can you cite the references for these studies you're referring to?

And if tobacco "absorbs radioactive dust particles from the air" then how would growing it organically prevent that?

By *ee VianteWoman
over a year ago

What's peoples thoughts?

My thoughts are:

And if tobacco "absorbs radioactive dust particles from the air" then how would growing it organically prevent that? "

Take a look back at his thread about killer tattoos to see how good he is at backing up his conspiracy theories with evidence.

By *ythenshawefredMan
over a year ago

stockport

If true then all plants would absorb radioactivity and as an apex predator at the top of the food chain (as humans are) we would logically consume increased amounts and have been doing forever

By *emonWoman84Woman
over a year ago

Hartlepool

What's peoples thoughts?

My thoughts are:

And if tobacco "absorbs radioactive dust particles from the air" then how would growing it organically prevent that?

Take a look back at his thread about killer tattoos to see how good he is at backing up his conspiracy theories with evidence. "

Hahaha oh god TL:DR! I wondered if something like this was the case.

I will say this.

There is a fine line between eccentricity and madness!

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

My thoughts on this, knowing Nicotiana species (tobacco plants are in this genus) very well, are that other more widely consumed plants have some similar characteristics to tobacco plants. Take tomato plants as an example. Tomatoes,( a species of Solanum) - many of us grow them - have many fine trichomes or hairs upon their plants, in a somewhat like manner to tobacco Nicotiana. If the uptake and concentration is partly from the hairs trapping particles from the air, then it's likely that tomatoes also do this. I don't know the comparison between these two species and assume that there's been little scientific testing to compare them.

All plants may potentially uptake chemicals from the soil, via the osmotic process in their roots, or if gases are released from the soil: they'd then potentially enter via the stomata, the cake holes in the leaves where gaseous exchange normally occurs.

Whether tobacco plant roots uptake radioactive chemicals more readily than other plants, including tomatoes, is something that I'm not aware of. Phosphorous is an element that exists in small quantities on earth with an extra neutron and is radioactive. Its half life is just a few days, so it decays rapidly. Roots do uptake Phosphorous, and it's primarily used to stimulte further root development. But again, without evidence, there's no reason to assume that tobacco plants are any more able to uptake Phosphorous than other plant species are, such as the tomato plant. In any event, Phosphorous is an essential nutrient requirement for plants, and if the soil contains radioactive Phosphorous (even though there's a small amount of it on the planet), all plants should uptake it, where it would remain, before decaying in a month or so.

Obviously there are other radioactive elements on earth, some having a more localised concentration than others. Whilst soil borne, they would likely be fairly similarly absorbed by plants with near equivalent characteristics. Again, tomatoes and tobacco have hairy stems, so we don't know their comparable uptake levels of radioactive materials.

Organic growing largely relates to the use of chemical additives upon plants - it doesn't mean that growing media are devoid of radioactive chemicals.

If any plant is grown in an environment that doesn't contain compounds that are radioactive and where contact with radioactive elements is prohibited, then the plants should remain similarly radioactive - or not - through their lives.

If chemical fertilisers are added, these would potentially prohibit the plant from being referred to as organic. But if the radioactivity is present in the soil, or enters the plant during its growth, from the air, rain etc, then it could still be deemed as organic, but could result in a radioactive plant, whether it is tobacco or any other plant.

So, the op should consider revealing more, rather than just provision of a teasing post. It's likely that any industry that's aware of potential risks would wish to keep some things secret - and we know the tobacco industry did that with cigarettes and lung cancer. Interested in what the op knows further, and the relative risks between tobacco and other plants with trichomes that the public consumes.

By *bi HaiveMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Cheeseville, Somerset

"My thoughts on this, knowing Nicotiana species (tobacco plants are in this genus) very well, are that other more widely consumed plants have some similar characteristics to tobacco plants. Take tomato plants as an example. Tomatoes,( a species of Solanum) - many of us grow them - have many fine trichomes or hairs upon their plants, in a somewhat like manner to tobacco Nicotiana. If the uptake and concentration is partly from the hairs trapping particles from the air, then it's likely that tomatoes also do this. I don't know the comparison between these two species and assume that there's been little scientific testing to compare them.

All plants may potentially uptake chemicals from the soil, via the osmotic process in their roots, or if gases are released from the soil: they'd then potentially enter via the stomata, the cake holes in the leaves where gaseous exchange normally occurs.

Whether tobacco plant roots uptake radioactive chemicals more readily than other plants, including tomatoes, is something that I'm not aware of. Phosphorous is an element that exists in small quantities on earth with an extra neutron and is radioactive. Its half life is just a few days, so it decays rapidly. Roots do uptake Phosphorous, and it's primarily used to stimulte further root development. But again, without evidence, there's no reason to assume that tobacco plants are any more able to uptake Phosphorous than other plant species are, such as the tomato plant. In any event, Phosphorous is an essential nutrient requirement for plants, and if the soil contains radioactive Phosphorous (even though there's a small amount of it on the planet), all plants should uptake it, where it would remain, before decaying in a month or so.

Obviously there are other radioactive elements on earth, some having a more localised concentration than others. Whilst soil borne, they would likely be fairly similarly absorbed by plants with near equivalent characteristics. Again, tomatoes and tobacco have hairy stems, so we don't know their comparable uptake levels of radioactive materials.

Organic growing largely relates to the use of chemical additives upon plants - it doesn't mean that growing media are devoid of radioactive chemicals.

If any plant is grown in an environment that doesn't contain compounds that are radioactive and where contact with radioactive elements is prohibited, then the plants should remain similarly radioactive - or not - through their lives.

If chemical fertilisers are added, these would potentially prohibit the plant from being referred to as organic. But if the radioactivity is present in the soil, or enters the plant during its growth, from the air, rain etc, then it could still be deemed as organic, but could result in a radioactive plant, whether it is tobacco or any other plant.

So, the op should consider revealing more, rather than just provision of a teasing post. It's likely that any industry that's aware of potential risks would wish to keep some things secret - and we know the tobacco industry did that with cigarettes and lung cancer. Interested in what the op knows further, and the relative risks between tobacco and other plants with trichomes that the public consumes."

Admit it.

You're Alan Titchmarsh!

A

By *heOwlMan
over a year ago

Altrincham

A

Maybe we are but haven't realised it yet.

Like Lost?

Ooh - now there's a conspiracy theory!

A"

Oh no, please don't tell me you're all AI constructs and I've been talking to myself again.

over a year ago

"A glow in the dark gimp, can see it now

Of course you can see it!

It glows in the dark!!

Duh!!!!

A"

Oi you lot ive told you before the Course of Penicillin cured that little Problem

Glowin Gimp

Post new Message to Thread