Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

restoring my faith in humanity

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

OK so it may start off as a mini rant but its really a nice thread I just have to wade through the shit to get to the niceness at the end

So

Yet again I've had my bike pinched, as some who know me know I do community nursing and as I don't drive I cycle round my calls, so my bike spends a lot of time outside peoples houses

Anyway was in a call at 6pm yesterday when 3 teenage looking lads jumps over the gentleman's fance and took it, I know this because one of the neighbours saw them and told me

Right that's not the reason for this thread I've had enough stolen now to know its not worth getting pissed off about

So anyway, was walking round my calls this morning and went back to the bungalow of the man where I had the bike pinched last night, on my way out an elderly gentleman stopped me and asked if it was me who had my bike stolen last night I said yes to which he replied my daughter has one in the garage, she bought it a couple of months ago as she decided to start biking to work, used it twice thought bugger that and started using the car again, its been in the garage ever since she said you can have it if you want it

Now nice is that

The best bit was when I asked if they wanted anything for it she said

No you do a wonderful job and they should be ashamed steeling from people like you, have the bike you'll put it to better use than me

Fair bought a lump to my throat

Just thought I'd share that humanity is alive within some people

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

There are some truly lovely,caring people in the world

By *ittle Pocket PerveWoman
over a year ago

Portsmouth

That's really lovely

over a year ago

That's pretty awesome. What a generous thing to do. Gives a warm n fuzzy feeling about life when one hears stories like this.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

bless his heart.

By *ivemeyoursoulWoman
over a year ago

Easter just around the corner!

People like that make up for the monsters in this world.

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

Good for them. When we do something for others we get much more back.

NN, enjoy your new steed and ride her well.

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

Awwww NN that's lovely there are some nice folk around our way...

By *issmorganWoman
over a year ago

Calderdale innit

Aww how lovely ,there are still people who can suprise you in a good way .

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

If karma existed this is how it would work.

over a year ago

thanks for that - I now have to discreetly wipe away a tear without attracting attention while at work!

I seem to fill up at almost anything these days - is it an age thing?

still - a lovely tale and I hope these lovely people get some great karmic payback. A small lottery win for them would be nice (while, for those that did the nicking, a nasty, itchy rash in the nether regions should do it)

xxx

By *vbride1963TV/TS
over a year ago

E.K . Glasgow

I hope karma bites the thief in the ass

over a year ago

There are very nice people out there and I am glad they have blessed you with this feeling of good will.

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

"thanks for that - I now have to discreetly wipe away a tear without attracting attention while at work!

still - a lovely tale and I hope these lovely people get some great karmic payback. A small lottery win for them would be nice (while, for those that did the nicking, a nasty, itchy rash in the nether regions should do it)

xxx"

You saft sod

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

What nice people

Do the theives cut through your bike locks?

over a year ago

"thanks for that - I now have to discreetly wipe away a tear without attracting attention while at work!

xxx

You saft sod "

saft - combination of daft and soft? in which case yep, guilty as charged lol xx

over a year ago

"Awwww NN that's lovely there are some nice folk around our way..."

There's some thieving twat as well

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

"Awwww NN that's lovely there are some nice folk around our way...

There's some thieving twat as well "

I know someone stole my wheelie bin

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"Awwww NN that's lovely there are some nice folk around our way...

There's some thieving twat as well "

balances out nicely then

over a year ago

Lovely people xx

over a year ago

"What nice people

Do the theives cut through your bike locks?"

Humm no, this is were everyone tells me its my own fault, it wasn't locked up it was on his back garden so I though it would be OK, I can only assumed who took it had been watching me other wise there is no way they wouldn't have known it was there

over a year ago

I dropped 120 quid in cash on a pavement outside a job I was on last month... Gone you'd think.

Three teenagers found it and posted a sign in the local newsagents for lost money!

Teenagers hey...

I was that taken by their honestly I gave them 40£

over a year ago

"OK so it may start off as a mini rant but its really a nice thread I just have to wade through the shit to get to the niceness at the end

So

Yet again I've had my bike pinched, as some who know me know I do community nursing and as I don't drive I cycle round my calls, so my bike spends a lot of time outside peoples houses

Anyway was in a call at 6pm yesterday when 3 teenage looking lads jumps over the gentleman's fance and took it, I know this because one of the neighbours saw them and told me

Right that's not the reason for this thread I've had enough stolen now to know its not worth getting pissed off about

So anyway, was walking round my calls this morning and went back to the bungalow of the man where I had the bike pinched last night, on my way out an elderly gentleman stopped me and asked if it was me who had my bike stolen last night I said yes to which he replied my daughter has one in the garage, she bought it a couple of months ago as she decided to start biking to work, used it twice thought bugger that and started using the car again, its been in the garage ever since she said you can have it if you want it

Now nice is that

No you do a wonderful job and they should be ashamed steeling from people like you, have the bike you'll put it to better use than me

Just thought I'd share that humanity is alive within some people "

So now invest in a good lock and you should be okay

over a year ago

That's brilliant to hear, really is....

I used to be into my bikes when I was younger and remember getting shoved off my rather nice orange p7 in lancaster town centre and watching the lad ride off on it, as I stood back up not quite knowing what to do, a local lad and boxing coach who used to come into our chippy (my parents had a shop back then) came walking round the corner pushing my bike in one hand and holding the scrote who mugged me by the scruff of the neck in the other....

He'd seen him pedalling like a mad man, spotted the bike, put two and two together and gripped him off it.....when he confirmed the bike was mine, he gave said scrote a heavy slap around the jaw and sent him on his way....happy days.

It's a lovely place at times this world of ours.

By *innamon!Woman
over a year ago

no matter

"What nice people

Do the theives cut through your bike locks?"

In London they certainly do. My son has lost several bikes.. He used to use and carry with him a moterbike chain and also a lock to hold saddle to bike which attached through the wheels . Cos anything that wasnt attached was taken.. The go equiped these days.

Good to hear someone has a heart and replaced the bike. Hope this one stays put.

over a year ago

xx

By *inaTitzTV/TS
over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

That's lovely

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

That's lovely and I'm glad you're mobile again.

We can all make our world a better place and life sweeter for others, from just a little effort. Definitely worth it and hope that girl has good things coming her way soon too.

over a year ago

over a year ago

That is such a cool example of good people making up for the crappy things others do, there are definitely still good people about who will go above and beyond, and they are the best people too surround yourself with as it tends to rub off and remind you that we all impact others lives and it is up too choose what impression we leave.

over a year ago

"OK so it may start off as a mini rant but its really a nice thread I just have to wade through the shit to get to the niceness at the end

So

Now nice is that

Just thought I'd share that humanity is alive within some people "

over a year ago

thats was a really nice read

there are still good people out there for sure

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"thats was a really nice read

there are still good people out there for sure "

Yes. I am.

over a year ago

How lovely!

over a year ago

Aww NN. Not another one nicked.

Good news though. x

By *romageFraiseWoman
over a year ago

London

invest in a decent non fiddly lock - If you visit the same houses on a regular basis, youre more likely to be targeted

Post new Message to Thread