Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Footballers comments

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Watching an after match interview with a footballer who played today when asked what he thought of the game he said and I quote

"Yeah, no it was massive obviously"

Is that text speak for I am as numb as a pit pony?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Goodness me ,,,,, whatever next,,,,,, well I'm outraged..... a professional footballer who lacks the verbal dexterity required to articulate his thoughts both clearly and concisely during post match interviews,,,,, tut-tut....

Sheeeesh, I suspect he'll cry all the way to the bank.....

over a year ago

"Goodness me ,,,,, whatever next,,,,,, well I'm outraged..... a professional footballer who lacks the verbal dexterity required to articulate his thoughts both clearly and concisely during post match interviews,,,,, tut-tut....

Sheeeesh, I suspect he'll cry all the way to the bank..... "

Yeah, no obviously it will be a massive bag of money I take to the Sherman?

By *L RogueMan
over a year ago

London

"Watching an after match interview with a footballer who played today when asked what he thought of the game he said and I quote

Is that text speak for I am as numb as a pit pony?"

Who was the player?

over a year ago

"Watching an after match interview with a footballer who played today when asked what he thought of the game he said and I quote

Who was the player? "

It was a Watford player

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

It will be a game of two halves and at the end one team will be over the moon and the other will be as sick as parrots.

By *L RogueMan
over a year ago

London

Who was the player? It was a Watford player"

Some players are better at dealing with the media than others. I'd imagine he doesn't get a lot of the limelight. what was his name?

over a year ago

Who was the player? It was a Watford player

Some players are better at dealing with the media than others. I'd imagine he doesn't get a lot of the limelight. what was his name? "

over a year ago

Who was the player? It was a Watford player

Some players are better at dealing with the media than others. I'd imagine he doesn't get a lot of the limelight. what was his name? "

they asked him but he said "yes, no well it would be wouldn't it?"

By *inaTitzTV/TS
over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

I still like Julio Geordio best

over a year ago

Is that text speak for I am as numb as a pit pony?"

To be honest a lot of people on here can hardly string a coherent sentence together either!

Whenever anyone points it out though they are normally shot down in flames by the anti-grammar police.

There are people in all walks of life who struggle with the Queen's English, not only footballers

over a year ago

"I still like Julio Geordio best "

A tha tha thah, krissie woddle.

Stick in the back a tha net laike.

By *L RogueMan
over a year ago

London

To be honest a lot of people on here can hardly string a coherent sentence together either!

Whenever anyone points it out though they are normally shot down in flames by the anti-grammar police.

There are people in all walks of life who struggle with the Queen's English, not only footballers"

To be fair.

Some footballers can speak quite a few languages as well, given some play for different leagues across the world.

over a year ago

There are people in all walks of life who struggle with the Queen's English, not only footballers"

Very fair comment. On the other hand F1 drivers are all very good at public speaking (except Kimi Raikkonen and that is personal preference)

By *ythenshawefredMan
over a year ago

stockport

Slightly in defence of sports men (and women) quite often they are interviewed very shortly after a game/race/event etc so might not always be of the clearest mind and be a bit mystifying with their replies but generally agree some errrmmmm ya know like yeah ermmmmm sooo like yeah ........ Jibberish

By *inaTitzTV/TS
over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

I like one I once saw on It'll be Alright on the Night.

It involved an English interviewer and an American boxer, ringside, just after a fight:

Reporter: 'What state were you in by round 7?'

American boxer, looks dumfounded, then replies, 'Illinois!!'

By *ain n MableWoman
over a year ago

Milton Keynes

I remember Ron Atkinson was asked after a game what did he think of some of the referee's decisions and he replied

"I make a consious decision never to talk about referee's after a game, and I'm not going to make an acception for that twat" classic

Post new Message to Thread