Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Wish me luck

Jump to newest

By *inaTitz OP   TV/TS
over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

I'm going to have another stab at watching the final two series. I lost interest the first time round when I realised I'd got absolutely no idea what was going off with the main mystery and the non big-story stuff seemed small beer.

I'm hoping that this time I'll end up caring what is happening.

Has anyone else lost interest after following a series for a long time?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

What show?

By *ere-for-my-convenienceWoman
over a year ago

West Midlands

"What show?"

I wondered that too

over a year ago

GoT?

over a year ago

Got was my guess. With new series around the corner great time to catch up.

By *ittle Pocket PerveWoman
over a year ago

Portsmouth

Good luck... But have no idea what show

By *inaTitz OP   TV/TS
over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

Whoops, got that wrapped up in putting it in the dvd player and skipping through all the selections I forgot to say.

The X Files

over a year ago

"Whoops, got that wrapped up in putting it in the dvd player and skipping through all the selections I forgot to say.

The X Files

"

A blast from the past.

It was little green men.........

over a year ago

O yeah baby xfiles was great but your right dropped off terribly towards the end. I think they ran out of ideas. Shame because it was awesome.

over a year ago

The truth is out there.

Watch out for the smoking ma.

over a year ago

"O yeah baby xfiles was great but your right dropped off terribly towards the end. I think they ran out of ideas. Shame because it was awesome."

It was best when each episode delt with a different case.

Rather than the whole series getting sidetracked with the whole aliens conspiracy theories, smoking man, oily eye's thing.

Then it dragged on and on.

By *ickawitchCouple
over a year ago

Away with the fairies (Liverpool to you)

Awwwww I thought it was Wish Me Luck about the girls sent as spies during the war......I remembered that

Good luck with X Files.....I only watched a few because they were kinda scary

By *inaTitz OP   TV/TS
over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

I abandoned series 8, as it turns out I had watched it, but it was supremely forgettable. I'm on series 9 and frankly I've got no idea what is happening and I'm struggling to overcome apathy.

Does no one ever turn the ruddy light on when going into a tricky location?

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

"I abandoned series 8, as it turns out I had watched it, but it was supremely forgettable. I'm on series 9 and frankly I've got no idea what is happening and I'm struggling to overcome apathy.

Does no one ever turn the ruddy light on when going into a tricky location?

"

Are you in self-flagellation mode? Why would you keep watching something you don't enjoy?

By *inaTitz OP   TV/TS
over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

"

Are you in self-flagellation mode? Why would you keep watching something you don't enjoy?

"

I'm hoping it gets better and I want to complete it. However, it is proving hard. I'm not bothering to pause it when I go to make a brew, which is never a good sign.

over a year ago

"

I'm hoping it gets better and I want to complete it. However, it is proving hard. I'm not bothering to pause it when I go to make a brew, which is never a good sign. "

If I found myself not pausing when making a pot of tea, I'd give up on the show.

over a year ago

"

I'm hoping it gets better and I want to complete it. However, it is proving hard. I'm not bothering to pause it when I go to make a brew, which is never a good sign. "

FF it.

I can't remember which series I got up to, I just remember it got really weird and no matter how hot DD is I just couldn't face it anymore.

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

"

I stopped watching 24 when I was "watching" most of it through my fingers and fast-forwarding the bits I found scary.

By *inaTitz OP   TV/TS
over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

I've given up. I'm finding it unwatchable. It's a collection of impenetrable plots, dark rooms, serious looking dudes in suits and total indifference from me.

If the reboot the X Files, I hope it is better. I'm now watching The Eagle has Landed. You know where you are with that. Special edition, of it, too.

over a year ago

Turn the sound down and fast forward through the bits that don't contain Gillian Anderson

By *inaTitz OP   TV/TS
over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

"Turn the sound down and fast forward through the bits that don't contain Gillian Anderson "

lol that would just be a montage of her looking baffled

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"

I stopped watching 24 when I was "watching" most of it through my fingers and fast-forwarding the bits I found scary."

noooo....... we ended up watching the whole lot specially because we had a "jack bauer kill count" sweepstake each week..... the scenario's got more and more "out there" every season......

maybe we should have a "spoiler" thread... people who watched a tv programme can find out how it ended and whether it was worth staying with it....

Post new Message to Thread