Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Hotel Snobbery

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Ok so I'm looking to book a hotel room for an evening as I'm unable to accommodate, but I think I may well be a hotel snob!

Looking at late rooms and the cheap cheap ones all have 2 stars or less.

I know it's not a holiday but I like nice surroundings to have fun in.

So am I the only one who would rather pay a little more for a nice room or do people just book in to the cheapest available for your meets?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"Ok so I'm looking to book a hotel room for an evening as I'm unable to accommodate, but I think I may well be a hotel snob!

So am I the only one who would rather pay a little more for a nice room or do people just book in to the cheapest available for your meets? "

Depends on so many things.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Can't go wrong with Premier Inn. Makes no odds where in the country you are, shut the door they're all the same.

By *idsAndyMan
over a year ago

Worcestershire

Nope, I think it's important to have a nice room, in a nice hotel.

I'm not a snob but it's so much sexier if it's not bargain basement.

over a year ago

"Can't go wrong with Premier Inn. Makes no odds where in the country you are, shut the door they're all the same. "

Iv necer stayed in a shity prem, travelodge however, I have.

over a year ago

I have spent most of the time looking at the decor of these places. I know I'm not gonna give a damn once I get my hands on him or him on me but it's first impressions, I don't want to walk in and think "urgh minging curtains " ...you get the point lol

By *andy6677Man
over a year ago

crewe

Personally id prefer nice surroundings than just some room. I normally only go for travelodges or premier inns. So long as you book in advance travelodges cost from £19 and premier inns from £29.

Pl us premier inns are a bit nicer and have a good night guantee if you dont get a good nights sleep due to noise ( except any noise you make in the room lol). Im staying in a premier inn in birmingham this week as the hotel i was going to stay at had poor reviews on tripadvisor and there was only a £40 difference in price!

over a year ago

Ibis have good quality room as do Holiday Inn but have to agreed Travel lodge has been left behind.

over a year ago

"Can't go wrong with Premier Inn. Makes no odds where in the country you are, shut the door they're all the same.

Iv necer stayed in a shity prem, travelodge however, I have. "

Yes we stay in travelodges quite often in London and the quality varies massively.

With regards to the op we occasionally use LateRooms and the cheap ones (certainly in London) are usually only worth bothering with if you are desperate for somewhere to crash

over a year ago

"Personally id prefer nice surroundings than just some room. I normally only go for travelodges or premier inns. So long as you book in advance travelodges cost from £19 and premier inns from £29.

Pl us premier inns are a bit nicer and have a good night guantee if you dont get a good nights sleep due to noise ( except any noise you make in the room lol). Im staying in a premier inn in birmingham this week as the hotel i was going to stay at had poor reviews on tripadvisor and there was only a £40 difference in price!"

I'd be more concerned for the other guests getting a good night sleep lol x

By *andy6677Man
over a year ago

crewe

most travelodges have been modenised now but others do offer things such as hairdryers in the rooms.

over a year ago

Thankyou everyone, I'll keep looking

over a year ago

"Can't go wrong with Premier Inn. Makes no odds where in the country you are, shut the door they're all the same.

Iv necer stayed in a shity prem, travelodge however, I have. "

Travel lodges vary, stayed in one in Civent Garden area, total crap, premier inns are all the same, comfortable, quiet and clean, not sure what more you'd want for those prices or any prices unless snobbery is taken to the limits?

over a year ago

Booked one through lastminutrooms last week in Olham cost 40 squids n turned out to be a four star country Manor.

Tallyho Gimp

By *andy6677Man
over a year ago

crewe

Lol true depends how noisy you are. I had a bunch of students next door to me once making a racket i reported them but still was able to get my money back as i didnt get any sleep because of them

over a year ago

Covent Garden**

over a year ago

Travel lodges vary, stayed in one in Civent Garden area, total crap, premier inns are all the same, comfortable, quiet and clean, not sure what more you'd want for those prices or any prices unless snobbery is taken to the limits?"

Ok maybe snobbery was the wrong choice of words, I just like modern and stylish

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"Booked one through lastminutrooms last week in Olham cost 40 squids n turned out to be a four star country Manor.

Tallyho Gimp"

I got a winter break once and was amazed to end up at a country manor near gretna for 30 for two people !

By *evaquitCouple
over a year ago

Catthorpe

We're a bit like that. The Urban Village resorts are great decor wise and bonus they have spot lights on the bed, great for pics. The holiday inns also have spot lights on the bed and are more the budget type, you can get some good bargains at that particular chain. Ramada is pretty nice decor wise especially their suites, good bargains at their Coventry hotel. Novotel are good Wembley comes to mind as well as the Jury's Inn. A nice setting for us is always a factor when choosing rooms, a bit of snobbery I guess but you can get them at good prices if you shop around at the same price as a premier inn for example, not too keen on those don't like the purple, how snobby, lol.

Ooh, the Hampton by Hilton, Luton is fantastic cost wise and good quality.

By *ee VianteWoman
over a year ago

Somewhere in North Norfolk

Travel lodges vary, stayed in one in Civent Garden area, total crap, premier inns are all the same, comfortable, quiet and clean, not sure what more you'd want for those prices or any prices unless snobbery is taken to the limits?

Ok maybe snobbery was the wrong choice of words, I just like modern and stylish "

Discerning

By *andy6677Man
over a year ago

crewe

premier inns deffo have the modern and stylish element down. so do most of the others.

over a year ago

ive been in a lot of good hotels over the years, across the world.

i dont go on holiday, or business - to stay in a hotel room.

like 'romantic restaurants' - there is nothing romantic whatsoever about hotels.

its a scam for the feeble minded

over a year ago

I've stayed in both the Ramada and Hampton by Hilton but not locally, maybe have to broaden my search area a little further x

By *andy6677Man
over a year ago

crewe

"I've stayed in both the Ramada and Hampton by Hilton but not locally, maybe have to broaden my search area a little further x"

Maybe but theres not many ive found i was dissapointed with only some privately owned ones and one or two travelodges x

By *ocketrocket80Man
over a year ago

Walsall

There are a few search engines to try. As well as laterooms you can try hotelscombined or lastminute and go for the secret hotels if you're thinking Birmingham.

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

I like surroundings that are not very different to home. I do 4 and 5 staR, but not snobby. If I'm barely in a room, a Travelodge is ok.

By *andy6677Man
over a year ago

crewe

so long as it meets the 3 s's secure, safe and smells nice then its ok with me.

over a year ago

"Ok so I'm looking to book a hotel room for an evening as I'm unable to accommodate, but I think I may well be a hotel snob!

So am I the only one who would rather pay a little more for a nice room or do people just book in to the cheapest available for your meets? "

No you are not alone. We try to get the best quality hotel whenever possible. Nothing against Ibis, Holiday inn etc but when we get a night or two away from the madness of older teenage kids we like to be in very nice surroundings, with service to match.

If that makes us Hotel Snobs then so be it..... Ask Me If I'm Bovvered?

over a year ago

Are you bovvered?

By *ovely CummingsWoman
over a year ago

Peaky Nipples

Travelodge are starting to refurbish some of their more dodgy ones, so if you look for the ones that are either new, or state they have the new refurbished look, it should be ok

Any of the chain hotels near airports tend to be ok, as the competition is high so rates and rooms tend to be of a similar standard

over a year ago

Thanks all gonna finish the roast and feed the tribe and get back on it

By *artytwoCouple
over a year ago

Wolverhampton

Four in a bed must be on some channel or other, watch it while doing the dinner and pick a winner.

By *untimes729Man
over a year ago

Cambridgeshire

I couldn't agree more - always like somewhere a little bit nicer - just adds to the atmosphere a bit I think

over a year ago

It's not snobbery, it's just having standards.

I'm happy to go for Premier Inns, Holiday Inns and Travelodges because you know what to expect, although funnily enough one of my favourite hotels to stay in is actually in Cannock where you can blag the honeymoon suite for a little extra and get yourself a five room apartment.

over a year ago

there is a site were you can hire better places

over a year ago

"It's not snobbery, it's just having standards.

I'm happy to go for Premier Inns, Holiday Inns and Travelodges because you know what to expect, although funnily enough one of my favourite hotels to stay in is actually in Cannock where you can blag the honeymoon suite for a little extra and get yourself a five room apartment."

Where where where!

over a year ago

As long as it's clean I'm not that bothered. I only go there to have sex I'm not there for a holiday. Once I'm in the arms of a gorgeous man I don't notice the surroundings anyway

Premier inn or travelodge works perfectly well for my purposes.

over a year ago

I'm happy to go for Premier Inns, Holiday Inns and Travelodges because you know what to expect, although funnily enough one of my favourite hotels to stay in is actually in Cannock where you can blag the honeymoon suite for a little extra and get yourself a five room apartment.

Where where where! "

check the site where you can get peoples flats and suites for cheap

over a year ago

I'm happy as long as it's a hotel run by a proper company. Every family run hotel I have been in has looked lovely on the outside with a nice looking reception. Once you get in the room it's been a different story. I still had a great time but for £10 more we could have had a Travelodge,that would at least have been decorated and roomy. I've left the Hilton because I wanted my own bed before,it's the man I'm there for.

over a year ago

I know what you mean, I've stopped on some right dives that look like they've come straight out of a 'Carry On' film.... Without the " ooooo matron!" ...if you're noticing mildew on the walls mid swing then it's a bit of bummer!

over a year ago

Nope i am the same

if i book a hotel i still like some nice surroundings

By *appycouple8543Couple
over a year ago

Milton Keynes

I think the key nowadays is to book in advance. There's always deals to be had on most chain hotels. We do like Premier Inns. You know what you are going to get.

over a year ago

"Booked one through lastminutrooms last week in Olham cost 40 squids n turned out to be a four star country Manor.

Tallyho Gimp"

By *L RogueMan
over a year ago

London

"so long as it meets the 3 s's secure, safe and smells nice then its ok with me."

Yep! I've stayed in four and five star accommodations and trust me, a bed's a bed.

By *o30Woman
over a year ago

Lincoln

The hotel isn't too important to me, the company is

over a year ago

I think people should spend their money as they see fit.....

However speaking as someone whose spent far too many nights staying in hotels of varying standards all over the world..... as far as I'm concerned, a room is a room, is a room......and for me, as long as its a clean any room, its good enough...

By *ertsguy2000Man
over a year ago

hertford

I totally agree with OP, has to be a decent standard otherwise I'm thinking about taking home bed lice and not concentrating on what I should be lol...

over a year ago

"Are you bovvered? "

Not in the slightest dear lady

over a year ago

Try a chain called the Village hotels...fantastic rooms..and you can get them cheap

By *ere-for-my-convenienceWoman
over a year ago

West Midlands

Try the Whitehouse Hotel in Foregate Street Worcester

The Fownes hotel city walls road in Worcester

Both I regularly book to fuck others in often off late rooms too

Both stylish independent hotels

Maybe I'll come buy you a drink just to be sociable

over a year ago

So am I the only one who would rather pay a little more for a nice room or do people just book in to the cheapest available for your meets?

Try a chain called the Village hotels...fantastic rooms..and you can get them cheap "

Can definitely recommend the Village hotels, been to the Farnborough one a couple of times and it is really lovely. HHx (fellow hotel snob)

over a year ago

Try a chain called the Village hotels...fantastic rooms..and you can get them cheap

Can definitely recommend the Village hotels, been to the Farnborough one a couple of times and it is really lovely. HHx (fellow hotel snob)"

Oh i love the Village hotels...i'll book them any time over the rest if there in the area im staying in at the time

over a year ago

I am sure the lucky gentleman will be happy with your choice regardless!

I'm also sure it is one decision he will allow you to make, as I'm certain he knows your expectations!

As long as it is clean, fresh and has a bar with stools I imange he will be happy!

Good luck in your search!!!

over a year ago

Definitely not snobbery. More like a bare minimum standard

over a year ago

If your looking for a hotel in cannock area pm me as I used one a while back that was a hidden gem and very reasonable

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

Tallyho Gimp

I got a winter break once and was amazed to end up at a country manor near gretna for 30 for two people ! "

I'm a fan of secret hotels and late room booking sites. I got a great four star in Glasgow for two nights for £47.50 all in.

For meets and Fab socials it's usually a Prem as they are standard enough to know what you're getting and the sheets don't feel too cheap.

By *elfastDMan
over a year ago

belfast

It's hard to beat a horny meet in plush surroundings

A walk in rain shower can help too

over a year ago

"It's hard to beat a horny meet in plush surroundings

A walk in rain shower can help too

"

Ah so that's what these clouds are every one talks about!?!

over a year ago

"As long as it is clean, fresh and has a bar with stools I imange he will be happy!"

Bar stools you say?

What a strange request

over a year ago

"As long as it is clean, fresh and has a bar with stools I imange he will be happy!

Bar stools you say?

What a strange request "

Well I'm guessing you're meeting for a drink in the bar first!?!

over a year ago

"As long as it is clean, fresh and has a bar with stools I imange he will be happy!

Bar stools you say?

What a strange request

Well I'm guessing you're meeting for a drink in the bar first!?!"

I prefer comfy seating areas and as I'm only ickle I'd probably need a leg up to get on a stool

over a year ago

Bar stools you say?

What a strange request

I prefer comfy seating areas and as I'm only ickle I'd probably need a leg up to get on a stool "

Nowt wrong with likkle

By *reelove1969Couple
over a year ago

bristol

"If your looking for a hotel in cannock area pm me as I used one a while back that was a hidden gem and very reasonable"

why not just tell us which one it was ?

over a year ago

Bar stools you say?

What a strange request

I prefer comfy seating areas and as I'm only ickle I'd probably need a leg up to get on a stool "

I'm sure who ever you meet will take this into consideration and let you sit where ever he chooses

over a year ago

"If your looking for a hotel in cannock area pm me as I used one a while back that was a hidden gem and very reasonable

why not just tell us which one it was ?"

I was thinking the same..perhaps hes after a crafty pm lol

over a year ago

I like to stay at 4 and five star hotels. I usually find good deals and its always been a fab meet.

over a year ago

"If your looking for a hotel in cannock area pm me as I used one a while back that was a hidden gem and very reasonable

why not just tell us which one it was ?

I was thinking the same..perhaps hes after a crafty pm lol "

I did think the same but pm'd anyway and got recommendation.

As I point out to anyone I'm not looking for meets anyway at the moment (says so on the profile) like chatting to folk though so all good

over a year ago

I am a Hotel snob yes.

When I'm meeting I want to have a good time, I want to escape the "norm" of my life.

Typically I only ever stay in:

Hilton

Jury's Inn

De Vere Venues.

I have stayed in budget chains but that is only when I've been pushed for time.

over a year ago

I usually use late rooms to find a gorgeous hotel. But, not sure how much many are willing to spend on a room.

I usually meet for a weekend or overnight. So, is usually worth it.

Depends on each person and their budget.

over a year ago

I did arrange a meet one night when i had a meeting at the Raddison Blu hotel on Manchester airport..now thats a hotel and half..glad i wasnt paying haha

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 05/04/15 17:02:48]

over a year ago

Put it this way..

I'm looking at a Glass Igloo in Finland for a weekend.

So work that one out...

over a year ago

"Put it this way..

I'm looking at a Glass Igloo in Finland for a weekend.

So work that one out... "

Yup that's me, just completely not satisfied. Budget is not really an issue would rather have a good time

over a year ago

"I did arrange a meet one night when i had a meeting at the Raddison Blu hotel on Manchester airport..now thats a hotel and half..glad i wasnt paying haha "

I want local and nice, seems those 2 don't go hand in hand around here

over a year ago

providing a setting is clean and it has a shower and the beds comfy i'm not too fussed.

Is the person your sharing the room with on a budget though cos there would be a financial impact on his part if he just wanted budget and you wanted lavish

over a year ago

"I did arrange a meet one night when i had a meeting at the Raddison Blu hotel on Manchester airport..now thats a hotel and half..glad i wasnt paying haha

I want local and nice, seems those 2 don't go hand in hand around here "

Theres a nice Holiday Inn at i think Jct 6 of the M6..ive stayed in there a few times..as well as The Premier Inns in Wolverhampton

over a year ago

Yes we stay in travelodges quite often in London and the quality varies massively.

With regards to the op we occasionally use LateRooms and the cheap ones (certainly in London) are usually only worth bothering with if you are desperate for somewhere to crash"

The travelodge near Abfabs is the pits, a real dive.

over a year ago

"providing a setting is clean and it has a shower and the beds comfy i'm not too fussed.

Is the person your sharing the room with on a budget though cos there would be a financial impact on his part if he just wanted budget and you wanted lavish "

As I said, not an issue x

over a year ago

"I've stayed in both the Ramada and Hampton by Hilton but not locally, maybe have to broaden my search area a little further x"
. Ramada at cannocks good,higher up the better!

over a year ago

"I've stayed in both the Ramada and Hampton by Hilton but not locally, maybe have to broaden my search area a little further x. Ramada at cannocks good,higher up the better!"

Last time I went the flipping bar was closed for refurbishment! Ended up in a local supermarket buying copious amounts of alcohol and munchies

By *andy6677Man
over a year ago

crewe

So long as you find a nice hotel where everyone feels safe and happy in the rest just falls into place x Thats been my expierence x

over a year ago

All sorted and booked, thankyou folks

over a year ago

"All sorted and booked, thankyou folks "

over a year ago

I'm happy to go for Premier Inns, Holiday Inns and Travelodges because you know what to expect, although funnily enough one of my favourite hotels to stay in is actually in Cannock where you can blag the honeymoon suite for a little extra and get yourself a five room apartment."

Wow ...... More details please

Post new Message to Thread