Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

fighting oaps.

Jump to newest

By *orethancurves OP   Woman
over a year ago

Liverpool

Laat nite i was picking up an eldery relative from a easter bingo nite. It was held at some allotmemts that a bunch of oldies have hung on to for years, they have there own little social club attatched too it (that tbh should be knocked down before it falls down)

Anyway im waiting in the little hall way when on the notice board i see

"Dear members,

It has come to our attention a high number of instances of bullying, name calling and vandelism between members and their plots.

The board would like to say that we find this behaviour totally inexcuseable and have decided it is no longer a commitee issue. Any futer incidents should be reported to the police before informing us.

We will not tolerate tbis kind of behaviour. Tenants found damaging other tenants plots or harrassing will loose their plot with no reimbursment of plot fees"

So im reading this with eyes wide open and my jaw nearly hitting the floor, when i look round at all the oap's playing the slowest game of bingo, drinking tea and sucking on peanuts!

Its not just the youth of today everyone.....even the oldies fight over whos marrow is the biggest and whos got more runner beans growing.

Just proper made me chuckle

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *obbytupperMan
over a year ago

Menston near Ilkley

There's life in the old dog yet!

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I'm trying envisage oaps hitting each other with handbags

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

Haha allotments are well known for sabotage etc. Especially if there is a big show coming up and eric's onions look better than Bert's!!

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

I've come across some very rude and not particulary very nice older people. They also seem to push in the queue than anybody else.

By *orethancurves OP   Woman
over a year ago

Liverpool

"I'm trying envisage oaps hitting each other with handbags "

Me too.....they all looked so sweet and innocent. Id say the youngest was into late 70s!

over a year ago

They don't stop scrapping they just become more scheming

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

Personality doesn't change just because years advance, there isn't a magic age at which people suddenly become sweet, elderly ladies and gents with a werthers in their pocket. If you were a belligerent, aggressive bully you will still be one, just older.

over a year ago

You would be surprised what goes down on the dog eat dog world of the allotments. Motability scooter drive bys! (Well killer) vandalism the works.

Old people can sometimes be a little touchy over hierarchy I was on e introduced into the cut throat world of Bingo and made the mistake of sitting in an established members regular seat. I thought I was going to get stabbed to death with a bingo dobber

over a year ago

Don't for the life of you think all old people are nice, they are not.

There is one old lady who drinks in the same pub as me has one of these mobility scooters who's absolute menace and a total bitch.

I was walking on the pavement, suddenly she shot out of an alley like Lewis Hamilton straight into my ankle and it hurt, then had the audacity to tell me to watch where I was going. I told her a few home truths and kicked the thing, she went ballistic and got out and laid into me with her umbrella, I decided to scram, yet she had no trouble chasing after me to lamp me again.

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

no fool like an old fool.....

over a year ago

"Personality doesn't change just because years advance, there isn't a magic age at which people suddenly become sweet, elderly ladies and gents with a werthers in their pocket. If you were a belligerent, aggressive bully you will still be one, just older."

The onset of dementia can cause aggression. Strokes can also cause changes in personalities. So they may have been sweeter in their earlier days and years.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

There is so much ageism in the world AND on these forums.

I think this thread IS funny but I would like to point out.

A C*NT is a CU*T not a young CU*T a middle aged C*NT or an old C*NT but simply a CU*T.

Older people are EXACTLY like you. Just born before you.

They dance, laugh, love, lust and hate as much as any other. Intelligence makes some of them very wise but the rest are no more intelligent than they were when young.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"Don't for the life of you think all old people are nice, they are not.

There is one old lady who drinks in the same pub as me has one of these mobility scooters who's absolute menace and a total bitch.

I was walking on the pavement, suddenly she shot out of an alley like Lewis Hamilton straight into my ankle and it hurt, then had the audacity to tell me to watch where I was going. I told her a few home truths and kicked the thing, she went ballistic and got out and laid into me with her umbrella, I decided to scram, yet she had no trouble chasing after me to lamp me again."

You sound utterly charming. xx

By *rank EinsteinMan
over a year ago

Burton upon stather

Fact: the older you get, the less fucks you give.

Elderly people are scary because they give zero fucks about what anyone thinks.

Trousers pulled up to their armpits, brolly wielding nutters the lot of them

By *ust RachelTV/TS
over a year ago

Horsham

You can mock them, but it is serious business growing vegetables. Especially as someone stated during the run up to a competition.

By *obbytupperMan
over a year ago

Menston near Ilkley

"Fact: the older you get, the less fucks you give.

Trousers pulled up to their armpits, brolly wielding nutters the lot of them "

Get your 'FACTS' right

over a year ago

We didnt have this problem during the Blitz,

We just ate any bugger over 60

Harold Gimp

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"Fact: the older you get, the less fucks you give.

Trousers pulled up to their armpits, brolly wielding nutters the lot of them

Get your 'FACTS' right "

He doesn't mean FUCK tupper. He means 'be arsed'

He recognises your superior prowess.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"We didnt have this problem during the Blitz,

We just ate any bugger over 60

Harold Gimp"

Thank God im not a bugger

By *ee VianteWoman
over a year ago

Somewhere in North Norfolk

"There is so much ageism in the world AND on these forums.

A C*NT is a CU*T not a young CU*T a middle aged C*NT or an old C*NT but simply a CU*T.

They dance, laugh, love, lust and hate as much as any other. Intelligence makes some of them very wise but the rest are no more intelligent than they were when young. "

Everybody knows as soon as you reach 50 your DNA changes and you mutate into a new species

over a year ago

"You would be surprised what goes down on the dog eat dog world of the allotments. Motability scooter drive bys! (Well killer) vandalism the works.

Old people can sometimes be a little touchy over hierarchy I was on e introduced into the cut throat world of Bingo and made the mistake of sitting in an established members regular seat. I thought I was going to get stabbed to death with a bingo dobber

"

been there! lost a bet so had to take ex to gala bingo fri night wow the dirty looks i got off the old women if i looked like i was gonna sit near em drove me to the bar!!

over a year ago

"There is so much ageism in the world AND on these forums.

They dance, laugh, love, lust and hate as much as any other. Intelligence makes some of them very wise but the rest are no more intelligent than they were when young.

Everybody knows as soon as you reach 50 your DNA changes and you mutate into a new species "

Now i understand! thanks doc

By *lligator3Man
over a year ago

Dundee

In Scotland we'd call those oaps 'Still Game!'

up to no good just like us younger ones

Nice post!

Post new Message to Thread