Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

noisey neighbours

Jump to newest

By *orneyashell87 OP   Couple
over a year ago

stockotn on tees

Got a real problem with noisey neighbours. Every weekend partying till 5am loud music and plenty of noise. Thought I was having a break cos was quiet last night but guess not rave beats blasting the lot.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

You can report them,it can have a detrimental effect on your health. We solved the problem by my husband knocking on the door and threatening to throw the sound system out of the bedroom window. I know that isn't the best advice but it worked for us.

over a year ago

stockotn on tees

We did that last week which ended up in the boyfriend who doesn't live there slapping me bearing in mind I'm 5 months pregnant. Really getting me down now and it's not fair on kids been disturbed. Will be calling the police the tonight etc

over a year ago

"We did that last week which ended up in the boyfriend who doesn't live there slapping me bearing in mind I'm 5 months pregnant. Really getting me down now and it's not fair on kids been disturbed. Will be calling the police the tonight etc "

You didn't call the police when he slapped you? They can have their music equipment confiscated if they don't comply with a noise abatement order.

By *uby0000Woman
over a year ago

hertfordshire

years ago I knocked when we had bad neighbours and asked if I could borrow an aspirin for my headache

call the police and good luck

over a year ago

stockotn on tees

"years ago I knocked when we had bad neighbours and asked if I could borrow an aspirin for my headache

call the police and good luck"

Haha quality.. I have no problem with taking it up the next day but they all drugged up now which I'm sure the police will be interested in class a drugs xx

over a year ago

stockotn on tees

"We did that last week which ended up in the boyfriend who doesn't live there slapping me bearing in mind I'm 5 months pregnant. Really getting me down now and it's not fair on kids been disturbed. Will be calling the police the tonight etc

You didn't call the police when he slapped you? They can have their music equipment confiscated if they don't comply with a noise abatement order. "

My husband and ppl in the street sorted it out but it's too much now. Also gonna contact there landlord on Tuesday

over a year ago

"We did that last week which ended up in the boyfriend who doesn't live there slapping me bearing in mind I'm 5 months pregnant. Really getting me down now and it's not fair on kids been disturbed. Will be calling the police the tonight etc "

Why didn't you call tge police then?

By *ig1gaz1Man
over a year ago

bradford

for private tenants its different to the council ones for loud noise

the only way is through the landlord however within leeds the council get involved to evict these type of tenants

check your councils policy as the council can force the landlord to evict if the police are called often like within leeds it does happen

im one of the quiet ones but i can be bloody noisy if I want to be as i do like it loud

so a bit of advice they play it at night sleep all day you play it loud during day

an old song drives some insane called poing and its annoying at that

with flashing lights

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqD1OohY2to

without

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQ6jZgMaZk4

over a year ago

Go smash his stereo !!!

over a year ago

we have an ongoing problem with a barking dog next door - the surrounding neighbours have all reported and eventually they got some sort of warning but its taken a ridiculously long time - and it reduced for a time then started again - wears you out the effort and constant noise all day

By *icked weaselCouple
over a year ago

Near Edinburgh..

we once went away for the weekend with the hifi plugged into the Timer Socket that the lights should have been plugged into..

Total accident of course.. even the council and police accepted it as a genuine mistake..

(Just noticed that spell checker don't even know what a hifi is) fuck I feel old now..

over a year ago

"We did that last week which ended up in the boyfriend who doesn't live there slapping me bearing in mind I'm 5 months pregnant. Really getting me down now and it's not fair on kids been disturbed. Will be calling the police the tonight etc

Why didn't you call tge police then?"

Don't think you can call the Police. You need to report to your local council ( I assume) That's how it's done here in my local Borough of Waltham Forest.

over a year ago

stockotn on tees

"for private tenants its different to the council ones for loud noise

the only way is through the landlord however within leeds the council get involved to evict these type of tenants

check your councils policy as the council can force the landlord to evict if the police are called often like within leeds it does happen

im one of the quiet ones but i can be bloody noisy if I want to be as i do like it loud

so a bit of advice they play it at night sleep all day you play it loud during day

an old song drives some insane called poing and its annoying at that

with flashing lights

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqD1OohY2to

without

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQ6jZgMaZk4"

Lol that is annoying.. When it happens on a Friday I go out early sat morning n leave music on full blast also I hoover all day long xx

By *ilmiss75Woman
over a year ago

Thornton

I had a pair of alkys next to me for about 8 years... It was quite entertaining... I miss them.

By *B9 QueenWoman
over a year ago

Over the rainbow, under the bridge

Don't think you can call the Police. You need to report to your local council ( I assume) That's how it's done here in my local Borough of Waltham Forest. "

If someone slaps you you can.

over a year ago

Call the Police, they can make them turn it down now, tell them about being assaulted too. Then you go through the Council.

The problem with them is that you have to keep a diary as to when the noise happens. Take recordings on your phone. It will take time but you have to start somewhere.

over a year ago

Got 1 bad neighbouer in 21 places an its only wen she fucks hr bf u can here her screams of orgasm

over a year ago

Don't think you can call the Police. You need to report to your local council ( I assume) That's how it's done here in my local Borough of Waltham Forest.

If someone slaps you you can. "

an u can call police its assault ur pregnant

over a year ago

few year ago i lived in a tower block and every weekend a guy 2floors below had partys, i got the porter to have a chat on the imtercom! no reply! wouldnt answer the door! so i got police out! and it stopped but started as we walked away! grr i went to the door n shouted to turn the music off(the guy was stud on other side gigglin as they watched us thru the door viewer) the copper told me to move away n calmdown and he would try to sort it in a hour when he could get help and a van ! at that i ran at the door givin it a.good kick!

it bounced open n hit the guy watching us and his mate! as i got cuffed!

the copper was checkin make sure the guys were ok, ppl started to leave!over forty of them!

he said to the guy that mabe evicted when the council here of his latest party and the hassle and damage caused ect! guess he felt guilty as he didnt have me charged! and moved a month later!

the police and councils have more powers now so get them to sort it! keep a record of events is a good idea.

over a year ago

If someone slaps you you can. an u can call police its assault ur pregnant

"

It's assault on any level to be attacked by another.

Seriously though I really think the councils and police really need to come down harder on these types of people.

We have a major housing shortage and I'm sorry these types should be kicked out swiftly and the homes given to decent people who deserve them.

Let the lowlifes go rot in cardboard city.

Rant over.

over a year ago

keep a record - also email and report every time - become a nuisance yourself - we got a reaction after about 8 households were emailing daily to the point they tried to pass the book over some issues -

talk of the devil the dog has started just now

over a year ago

OP most importantly try not to loose heart I know its very hard not too but remember it want last forever at some point it will come to a end.x

By *ig1gaz1Man
over a year ago

bradford

heres a few more as I like bass tracks

noisy neighbours beat them with bass i tend to have the 100 watt rms amps that really kick out the base the speakers clock in at around 150 watt rms old term not new

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61kc3Rs_xNQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-iSdhTrW3Hw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=330BMMfnqGs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEngYWNOAMI

By *est Wales WifeCouple
over a year ago

Near Carmarthen

Noise nuisance enforcement is the responsibilty of the Environmental Health Dept of the local council (not the Police). Speak to them about the issue.

By *uby0000Woman
over a year ago

hertfordshire

on a wednsday and Fridays we have a number to call if we have a problem and they send police round

if you call the police everytime they get noisy they may think twice

By *inaTitzTV/TS
over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

Noise is actionable through the courts only as a tortious claim and not as a criminal offence. As others have said, keep a diary, report everything, become a pain to the council. Create paperwork at their end. Speak to your council, MP and so on.

over a year ago

stockotn on tees

Thanks everyone. Music lasted until 3.30 fortunately didn't wake the kids up. I called the police and they came within about 15 mins and music went off. I'm off to the council on Tuesday n they landlord. Why should I leave my beautiful home n start again for the likes of them ppl x

over a year ago

It's a noisy country,

men + their machines banging / drilling / sawing - it's a national disease. Then there are washing machines, dogs, hoovers, motorbikes/cars/lorries. Go into a supermarket and you have the moronic announcements, get on a tube/ train + constant announcements for the next stop * don't forget your bag. Stand on the platform + listen to some loud message about the next train blah fucking blah,

Try living in London- that's why everyone is so loud

Count your blessings it's music+ buy ear plugs. They work very well. Or play your music when they're sleeping. That usually works.

Ps wonder if the hammer is like some psychological extension of the penis?

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

"It's a noisy country,

men + their machines banging / drilling / sawing - it's a national disease. Then there are washing machines, dogs, hoovers, motorbikes/cars/lorries. Go into a supermarket and you have the moronic announcements, get on a tube/ train + constant announcements for the next stop * don't forget your bag. Stand on the platform + listen to some loud message about the next train blah fucking blah,

Count your blessings it's music+ buy ear plugs. They work very well. Or play your music when they're sleeping. That usually works.

Ps wonder if the hammer is like some psychological extension of the penis? "

I was thinking the same thing even though I empathise with the op. I didn't truly realise til last week when I was off sick and just wanted to sleep.

I leave home at 7 when most are still in bed and get home at 7 when it's still peaceful. Being at home whilst both my neighbours, plus two opposite have loft extensions built was cruel and unusual punishment.

over a year ago

"Thanks everyone. Music lasted until 3.30 fortunately didn't wake the kids up. I called the police and they came within about 15 mins and music went off. I'm off to the council on Tuesday n they landlord. Why should I leave my beautiful home n start again for the likes of them ppl x "

over a year ago

stockotn on tees

"It's a noisy country,

Ps wonder if the hammer is like some psychological extension of the penis? "

And place ear plugs in my 3 year old and 2 yea old. There is a difference between day time noise and music at 5 am xx

over a year ago

"We did that last week which ended up in the boyfriend who doesn't live there slapping me bearing in mind I'm 5 months pregnant."
Have you reported that to the Police now? If you have, then that could support your claim to the council.

"I'm off to the council on Tuesday n they landlord. Why should I leave my beautiful home n start again for the likes of them ppl x "
Good on you, and no of course you shouldn't!

I kept a noise diary once in a place I rented and handed it in to the local council.

But other people in the building had complained too; to the Police, Social services and to the property management company. The nuissance causing tenants lasted 8 months in all and then got evicted by their landlords.

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

Who are their landlords do you know?

over a year ago

Its very difficult depending on your neighbours

I had nightmear neighbours about 15 years ago, dogs barking all the time as they were just left outside 24/7, music loud, kids running in and out at all hours slamming doors etc if you complained they did it all the more, I called the police which were no help what so ever, and as a result my kids ended up getting bullied at school by theirs

I ended up moving homes to get away from them as I couldn't take their abuse any more and noone seems to give a shit, regardless of what people say the police don't really care about such things and I was told that by one of the police officers he told me they had more important thing to do than sort out neighbours and couldn't we just get on

Sometimes its best to weigh up the odd and decide if getting the police involved will just make things worse, we don't know your neighbours so only you can decide that

over a year ago

stockotn on tees

"Who are their landlords do you know? "

A local private landlord it won't do any good but worth a try x

over a year ago

stockotn on tees

Seems that egging my windows is the punishment for police involved so mature. Good job I love washing windows xx

over a year ago

Put cctv up if anyone complains say they are dummy cameras

Do a land registry search on property see if a mortgage Is on it and write to mortgage company and landlord on a weekly basis

May well be he does not have the correct mortgage for letting and he will be forced to evict tenants

over a year ago

If you have landlords phone number, ring him at 3am everytime they make noise.

Go knock on door hand them phone say.

It's your landlord wants a word.

I doubt he will be chuffed being woken up at that time.

What you need to realise some people just don't give a fuck about anyone.

Our neighbours are noisy fuckers and regularly updated till early hours shouting head's off making a racket.

Complained to them and landlord not made a blind bit of difference.

Bear in mind that they live in a maisonette and their daughter and young grandson live below them, his bedroom is directly below their front roo. It they don't give a shit about waking him, they sure as hell don't give a Crap about us.

Threats just don't work on people like this, most seem to be above the law always manage to worm their way out of stuff claiming some sort of mental illness or drug problem.

Then not only will the council not do anything they will probably slap a restraining order on you for being so nasty asking them to turn music down at 4 am caused them anguish etc...

Sadly and this is the cold reality. The law is not on the side of the law abiding citizens these day's, as the red tape involved in catching certain types goes unpunished.

Hence why so many bike thefts, burglaries, etc..

Are not followed up.

However karma has a way of levelling thing's out and they will get theirs one day.

In my mean time.

Write everything down.

Log every little incident

Go to doc's saying it's making you Ill, build a strong case.

With the general election coming up, paying a visit to local councillor maybe a good idea.

Good luck

Nuisance neighbours are not a joke and can make your life hell.

over a year ago

Complain to environmental health. We did this for a noisy dog and eventually they moved. Keep on at them.

Police wont care I'm afraid.

Note all times and incidents and just keep hassling landlord too.

X

over a year ago

stockotn on tees

"If you have landlords phone number, ring him at 3am everytime they make noise.

Go knock on door hand them phone say.

It's your landlord wants a word.

I doubt he will be chuffed being woken up at that time.

What you need to realise some people just don't give a fuck about anyone.

Our neighbours are noisy fuckers and regularly updated till early hours shouting head's off making a racket.

Complained to them and landlord not made a blind bit of difference.

Bear in mind that they live in a maisonette and their daughter and young grandson live below them, his bedroom is directly below their front roo. It they don't give a shit about waking him, they sure as hell don't give a Crap about us.

Threats just don't work on people like this, most seem to be above the law always manage to worm their way out of stuff claiming some sort of mental illness or drug problem.

Then not only will the council not do anything they will probably slap a restraining order on you for being so nasty asking them to turn music down at 4 am caused them anguish etc...

Sadly and this is the cold reality. The law is not on the side of the law abiding citizens these day's, as the red tape involved in catching certain types goes unpunished.

Hence why so many bike thefts, burglaries, etc..

Are not followed up.

However karma has a way of levelling thing's out and they will get theirs one day.

In my mean time.

Write everything down.

Log every little incident

Go to doc's saying it's making you Ill, build a strong case.

With the general election coming up, paying a visit to local councillor maybe a good idea.

Good luck

Nuisance neighbours are not a joke and can make your life hell. "

Yes they do make my life hell. God help me in the summer. Hopefully it will pass she used to be such a gd neighbour but has recently had a baby n found new partner. That's wot gets me she is a parent herself and doesn't give a shit.

I wouldn't be lying if I said it's making me ill it's a living nightmare to think I've got to bring a new born bk to this xx

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

Contact the council as they will have means to find out who the landlord is. They will also carry out noise nuisance checks. There is a lot a local authority can do and do take action. It might not be overnight but it does happen.

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

The council will also give you diary sheets to record incidents and put noise detecting equipment but there maybe a wait for that as LA have limited equipment.

over a year ago

We had a problem At old house. Couple next door bed obviously backed on to ours. Many a Sunday morning woke up to her screams lol

over a year ago

stockotn on tees

"We had a problem At old house. Couple next door bed obviously backed on to ours. Many a Sunday morning woke up to her screams lol"

Lol that's gd noise to get woke up to x

over a year ago

stockotn on tees

"Contact the council as they will have means to find out who the landlord is. They will also carry out noise nuisance checks. There is a lot a local authority can do and do take action. It might not be overnight but it does happen. "

I no the landlord but he one of these who couldn't care less who he has in as long as the rent is paid by council. I'm gonna contact my landlord tomorrow and tell him what's going on.x

over a year ago

"We had a problem At old house. Couple next door bed obviously backed on to ours. Many a Sunday morning woke up to her screams lol

Lol that's gd noise to get woke up to x"

Yes but they weren't the cleanest of people. (That's the nicest way I can put it) but your right in any other circumstance x

over a year ago

Not sure about the noise I'm no expert on legal matters. For the slap on a pregnant woman though the bloke needs reporting to the police. Cowardly and vile act.

over a year ago

stockotn on tees

"We had a problem At old house. Couple next door bed obviously backed on to ours. Many a Sunday morning woke up to her screams lol

Lol that's gd noise to get woke up to x

Yes but they weren't the cleanest of people. (That's the nicest way I can put it) but your right in any other circumstance x"

Oh well not lol xx

over a year ago

stockotn on tees

"Not sure about the noise I'm no expert on legal matters. For the slap on a pregnant woman though the bloke needs reporting to the police. Cowardly and vile act."

Police just make things worse to ppl like Them. Others in the street have stuck up for me. If I hadn't of been pregnant I'd of decked the weakling lol xx

over a year ago

"Noise is actionable through the courts only as a tortious claim and not as a criminal offence. As others have said, keep a diary, report everything, become a pain to the council. Create paperwork at their end. Speak to your council, MP and so on.

"

with respect, that's not correct. check out sections 78, 79, 80, 81 and 82 (from memory) of the Environmental protection Act 1990 (as amended). Councils have a statutory duty to investigate and enforce, and non compliance with a nuisance abatement notice is a criminal offence, not a civil matter.

but your other advice is sound

over a year ago

"Noise nuisance enforcement is the responsibilty of the Environmental Health Dept of the local council (not the Police). Speak to them about the issue."

correct, but if the behaviour can also be classed as ASB its not that simple.

the E Health dept and neighbourhood policing team should be working together to address ASB through the local crime reduction partnership (may have a different local name).

the trick is to use the correct 'trigger' words in your reports to both agencies. and then check how they are liaising. happy to help if required

over a year ago

stockotn on tees

Music starting again lol looks like another long night ahead. At least kids r in bed before it started xx

By *uby0000Woman
over a year ago

hertfordshire

"Music starting again lol looks like another long night ahead. At least kids r in bed before it started xx"

sorry to hear that mind you when I had a bad lot next door I couldn't sleep even when quiet cos I always expected it to start again really sympathise with you on this one

try health environment or ask community police to talk to you and see what can be done

over a year ago

Just think of all the payback once the baby is born, crying all the time, maybe invest in a megaphone to aim the crying at their wall at 9am when they are trying to sleep.

Also

If I saw a guy slap a pregnant woman, I honestly think I would tear his head off and shit down his neck.

Nobody, NOBODY should ever hit a woman let alone a pregnant woman.

( two regular non pregnant women wrestling in mud or jelly is cool tho, sorry I digress)

over a year ago

stockotn on tees

"Just think of all the payback once the baby is born, crying all the time, maybe invest in a megaphone to aim the crying at their wall at 9am when they are trying to sleep.

Also

If I saw a guy slap a pregnant woman, I honestly think I would tear his head off and shit down his neck.

Nobody, NOBODY should ever hit a woman let alone a pregnant woman.

( two regular non pregnant women wrestling in mud or jelly is cool tho, sorry I digress)

"

Great idea... Google shopping here I come lol.. Xx

over a year ago

stockotn on tees

Well they've won lol.. I've gone and got a new house hopefully I will be moved in 2 weeks xx

over a year ago

"Well they've won lol.. I've gone and got a new house hopefully I will be moved in 2 weeks xx"

Great news! Hope it's nicer... and quieter.

over a year ago

"Well they've won lol.. I've gone and got a new house hopefully I will be moved in 2 weeks xx"

good luck in your new house hopefully no noisy neighbours

over a year ago

best of luck

By *oobsandballsMan
over a year ago

st andrews

Hopefully you'll love your new house.

I've had to move twice because of noisy neighbours. The first were above me, had badly laid flooring and had removed doors so sound just travelled. Then he tried to kick my door in and assault me whilst d*unk, that went to court.

I moved and had a year of peace, then the guy downstairs started working offshore and would have all night parties when he came back. I kept reporting it to the noise abatement team and kept a diary. The tin lid was when his mates would have parties in his house while he was working away, knowing full well it was a problem.

I moved again, and for a while every tine a neighbour banged a door I'd feel tense and upset. Took months and some diazepam to feel normal again

over a year ago

stockotn on tees

Thanks everyone. I'm moving to a nice little grove with only one neighbour and thankfully I no him lol..xx

over a year ago

Should have called the Police and reported the assault

By *ornyspiceCouple
over a year ago

Norwich

No they have not won, you have won, your moving away from low lifes as you don't won't to come down to their level

By *uby0000Woman
over a year ago

hertfordshire

sometimes its the easiest way they will prob cause trouble with any new neighbours they get

enjoy your house

Post new Message to Thread