Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Great Idea - pity about the people

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Great Idea - pity about the people

I have been trying for 6 years on various sites to make contact and meet a partner after my wife died . I thought Dating Sites would be a good place to find like minded people looking to contact , meet , and make friends

Whilst I have managed to meet some very nice women but for various reasons have not developed into long term relationships .These I would class as success stories .

The downside has been all the other ones who have messed me about - raised my expectations only to have them dashed . This I find very disheartening when I try my best only to find myself at the whim of other people .

Joined 4 weeks ago hoping this site would be better than the paid sites who I suspect generate false messages to get you to pay -- then nothing .

Like lots of good ideas in the past its the people who spoil it either deliberately or because of an uncaring attitude to others or simply misfortune .

During my short stay I have come across the usual problems

Mail not replied to

Mail from people who do not even click on profile

Mail from too far away

Mail from unwanted types of contact

Mail from people who come on strong then disappear

People who arrange to meet but decline to say when or where

People who arrange to meet but but cancel at the last moment

People who arrange to meet but arrive late .

People who arrange to meet but do not arrive then disappear

Individually their reasons might be be unavoidable but when I am at the receiving end of it all it feels different .I feel devastated when I am excited about a getting a meet and have put other things off to make myself available

During my 4 weeks I have had the following actual letdowns

one couple 2hr late arrival , 2 different couples cancelling twice at last moment 4 times in all , another couple cancelling once and not showing for the second then not answering my mail .

I have decided that the pain and heartache is not worth the benefit I get from trying . So as I cannot stand the heat I will leave he kitchen and find some fresh air away from people and sadly bring my sexual career to a close . I can only take so much shit before I sink under its weight

Hope the rest of you fare better

Colin

(thread closed by moderator)

Reply privately

By *uby0000Woman
over a year ago

hertfordshire

it takes time on any site good luck

Reply privately

By *issHottieBottieWoman
over a year ago

Kent

I've experianced some of those things but can say they cause me actual heartache. If thats how you feel then leaving site is probably the best option. You might have better luck out in the real world. Good luck

Reply privately

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I think on here we have all experienced these problems at sometimes during our time on here. even with couples/singles who are well verified.

My advice for what it's worth is keep your chin up and move on from them

Reply privately

over a year ago

Happy Easter Colin this isnt a dating site mate and nobody is obligated to do anything. there are some good blow up dolls i hear and as long as you have a puncture repair kit she wont let you down! good luck

Reply privately

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

This isn't a dating site though.

Too many people take Fabswingers too seriously. Its a swinging site, to be used to augment your (hopefully already active) social life. Its not the be all and end all of a meeting site. The people who struggle on here are the ones who feel they are entitled to something. The ones who are successful are the ones who use it as its meant to be used; a tool to enhance your life.

How many socials have you attended? Have you visited any clubs at all? Most have social nights and special deals for single men new to the scene. And as someone above said, you need to be in for the long haul. Even I struggle, but since changing the way I have found its more of a social thing with extra sex, instead of just a shag n go lifestyle. Much more satisfying.

Off topic OP, but have you tried Meetup at all? Nt dating or sexual, but helps meeting new people in your area. My FB was offered a free trip to New York after our fiest meet up evening.

Reply privately

By *-4pleasureCouple
over a year ago

Belfast

"Great Idea - pity about the people

I have been trying for 6 years on various sites to make contact and meet a partner after my wife died . I thought Dating Sites would be a good place to find like minded people looking to contact , meet , and make friends

Whilst I have managed to meet some very nice women but for various reasons have not developed into long term relationships .These I would class as success stories .

The downside has been all the other ones who have messed me about - raised my expectations only to have them dashed . This I find very disheartening when I try my best only to find myself at the whim of other people .

Joined 4 weeks ago hoping this site would be better than the paid sites who I suspect generate false messages to get you to pay -- then nothing .

Like lots of good ideas in the past its the people who spoil it either deliberately or because of an uncaring attitude to others or simply misfortune .

Mail not replied to

Mail from too far away

Individually their reasons might be be unavoidable but when I am at the receiving end of it all it feels different .I feel devastated when I am excited about a getting a meet and have put other things off to make myself available

one couple 2hr late arrival , 2 different couples cancelling twice at last moment 4 times in all , another couple cancelling once and not showing for the second then not answering my mail .

I have decided that the pain and heartache is not worth the benefit I get from trying . So as I cannot stand the heat I will leave he kitchen and find some fresh air away from people and sadly bring my sexual career to a close . I can only take so much shit before I sink under its weight

Colin

"

Not really the site to seek long term relationships.

Best of luck in life however.

Ps - a little bad form to identify the couple who turned up, verified you and left a good comment as being 2 hours late .....be nice to hide their veri

Reply privately

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

Colin I think you need to harden your heart and not be as trusting.

There are people here who won't treat you that way but the fact that you've had so many meets arranged in such a short time suggests that you might be falling foul of the dreamers and pretenders.

Single men traditionally find it quite difficult to arrange one meet within four weeks of joining. Perhaps a dash of cynicism when chatting to people might be in order?

Reply privately

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

Oh and also Colin you might like to consider that all of us are the "people" you think it's a shame about.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Best way to deal with it mate - never get excited about a potential meet - keep it in your head that at the last minute it won't happen for one reason or another and that way you won't be disappointed.

I thought dating sites were a good idea until I found out that at least two of them was full of nutcases. I'm sure there are more sensible people than nutters on dating sites, but for one reason or another I seemed to attract the nutters or weirdo's.

Best to take it all at face value, be that swinging or dating sites, and read nothing into it, don't expect anything other than nothing and when you do get something more than that, look at it as an unexpected bonus.

Reply privately

By *tandingtallMan
over a year ago

york

Colin sorry to hear this, there is someone out there for you that may come somewhere close to the person you've lost...

I'd say that this site's very much a fun and frolics site, there may be someone you will want to take it further but I'd say the best thing to do is just get yourself out there and watch out for the smiles coming your way and capitalise on them

Reply privately

over a year ago

Haven't you already posted a similar thread?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Op.. Why are you meeting couples but announcing that you want a special partner?

No wonder its not going well.. 4 weeks isn't v long...

And although people do couple up.here, from experience only a low number actually end up together properly.

Reply privately

By *ee VianteWoman
over a year ago

Somewhere in North Norfolk

If you're trying to meet a partner, perhaps you are coming on a little strong for some people. You do sound rather desperate and that's never appealing.

You also sound as if you think you are owed replies to messages, which is also not appealing.

As mentioned above, it's difficult for most men here. There are far more men than women on the site.

Not wishing to discourage you, your age will make it more difficult for you and will mean you will need to be more patient and try harder. Some people don't want to meet people old enough to be their parents, or in some cases grandparents. Men in their late teens and early twenties have the same problem as some won't meet people the same age as, or younger than, their children.

Attitude has a lot to do with success on here and you sound more negative than positive, complaining about your bad luck rather than trying to work out what you can do differently.

It's never nice to be messed about, and it's not acceptable, but sometimes there are things you can do to make it less likely to happen.

As for people not looking at your profile - you can't know whether they did because it's possible to browse without showing up on the who's looked at me list.

Are you sure you are reading profiles properly and only messaging people who might be interested in you? If you get excited by a profile and message despite being outside their age range or even though they say they won't meet smokers, that will almost certainly result in your message being ignored.

There are other reasons that people don't reply but the basic guideline, which is even in the site FAQ, is that no reply should be taken as a no thank you.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Agree with all the above. Been here a lot longer than you and not had anything like the number of potential meets you seem to have had in just a few weeks. If i was you I'd take a positive outlook on the fact that you have recieved way above average interest. Your obviously doing something right and a good one by law of averages should come along soon.

Good luck.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I would use this site for what is is swinging, if something comes of a meet then great but I wouldn't expect it.

If I was single, I wouldn't use any site to find a partner to be honest, I would just expand my social circle, get out more and occasionally bring up in gerneral natter you are single and miss the companionship of a female.

Maybe if your look is down in the relationship front, you are trying "to hard" ?

Tony

Reply privately

over a year ago

Luck *

Reply privately

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
over a year ago

in Lancashire

Having too high an expectation about this aspect for whatever reason will only lead to disappointment or frustration..

its not a dating site as some assume, though people do meet and become 'an item' which is all good for them..

its not a 'fuck site' per se though some will use it for that and that is again all good if that is what they want..

its an addition to whatever ones sex life is, its not the only thing for a lot of people though again if thats what folks etc etc..

too many times one sees too many people who either don't 'get it' and whilst accepting we all started as new at some point, blaming the site or its user's is not the answer..

OP, maybe attend some socials and get to meet people at that level first..?

there are some really nice folks on here..

Reply privately

By *ee VianteWoman
over a year ago

Incidentally, you say in 4 weeks you have encountered:

"

Mail from too far away

"

How many messages have you had from others, (started by others I mean, not replies to messages you've sent)? Most men, until they establish themselves on here, at least, say they get very few messages from women/couples.

It sounds unlikely you've been inundated with messages from people who are too far away etc.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Thanks for all your comments . I appreciate where a lot of you are coming from .

As always things get mixed up between what I think -- what I say -- what you read - what you think I mean .

I am NOT looking for a partner except for fun . To me a relationship is that something between two people however short .

Living where I do there is no club scene to try without travelling a long distance .

The same difficulty is the number of members in my area .

As I said I have been on other sites for 6 years and sent over a thousand requests with little success and had the same sorts of problems . I have travelled 120 miles round trip to meet several different women who never turn up .

I am sure there are lots of very nice and genuine swingers out there but I have encountered too many of the bad ones that most of these sites appear to attract . My opinion is coloured by the people I encounter

I like to treat other people as I would like them to treat me

Guess I'm not thick skinned enough to try any more

Reply privately

By *ee VianteWoman
over a year ago

"Thanks for all your comments . I appreciate where a lot of you are coming from .

As always things get mixed up between what I think -- what I say -- what you read - what you think I mean .

I am NOT looking for a partner except for fun . To me a relationship is that something between two people however short .

Living where I do there is no club scene to try without travelling a long distance .

As I said I have been on other sites for 6 years and sent over a thousand requests with little success and had the same sorts of problems . I have travelled 120 miles round trip to meet several different women who never turn up .

I am sure there are lots of very nice and genuine swingers out there but I have encountered too many of the bad ones that most of these sites appear to attract . My opinion is coloured by the people I encounter

"

So basically you are judging us mostly according to messages and actions of people on other sites

You've been here 4 weeks. Years on other sites won't count for anything here and why would it?

You say you're looking for someone to fill the gap left after losing your wife but we're expected to know that doesn't mean you're looking for a partner?

You also say "I am sure there are lots of very nice and genuine swingers out there but I have encountered too many of the bad ones that most of these sites appear to attract." yet you said until now you've been using dating sites Dating sites don't tend to attract swingers at all.

I'm confused. I'm not sure you know what this site is, and I'm not even sure you know what you're looking for, and if you do, I'm doubtful you are expressing it clearly to others. I'm not really surprised you aren't having much success. It's easier to blame us, the site, the sites you've used previously and the people there though, than consider it might be something to do with you.

If you were going to judge this site negatively, after 4 weeks, based on years of experiences on totally different sites, why did you even bother?

I'm not interested in discussing this one-to-one, thanks, so please keep replies on the thread.

Reply privately

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

[Removed by poster at 03/04/15 17:04:28]

Reply privately

over a year ago

Just out of interest, did you heed any of the advice given to you on your last thread OP?

1 successful (albeit late?) meet in 4 weeks doesnt seem too bad...

As I mentioned before, if you arent getting the results you want, then perhaps try reassessing what you can be doing differently.

If you have decided this isnt the site for you though, then good luck

Reply privately

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"Thanks for all your comments . I appreciate where a lot of you are coming from .

"

Yes I guess it does.

Best wishes for your future.

Reply privately

over a year ago

All those mails and promises of meets in 4 weeks...

I'd say you had a lot better response than most .. (Well me lol)

Reply privately

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

Swinging and Dating sites not for you.

better luck in the non online world

Reply privately

By *oward1978Man
over a year ago

Rotherham

"Swinging and Dating sites not for you.

better luck in the non online world "

You mean the REAL world? Scary

Reply privately

By *ee VianteWoman
over a year ago

" I like to treat other people as I would like them to treat me"

Where does "pity about the people" fit into that? Particularly since a lot of the people you are complaining about are, apparently, on other sites you've used over the years.

This is almost your first post on the forum and in the title and the very first line you insult everyone on here! That is how you want to be treated?

Since you would like us to treat you as you treat us, it would be fair to say this is a great site but it's a pity some people whinge and moan about their experience here and blame absolutely everyone and everything else rather than looking at themselves first, no?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Great Idea - pity about the people

Mail not replied to

Mail from too far away

Colin

"

4 weeks and a veri your doing well my friend suck it up smile and crack on

Reply privately

By *ee VianteWoman
over a year ago

"All those mails and promises of meets in 4 weeks...

I'd say you had a lot better response than most .. (Well me lol) "

Apparently most of the mails he's referring to were those received over a period of years on other sites.

How that's our fault, I'm not sure.

Reply privately

By *immy2xMan
over a year ago

aberdeen/inverness/ highlands

Op stop trying on here for a relationship. There are 100s of men to every over privledged woman. The odds are just stacked tall.

If its a relationship your after have you considered a nice thai or eastern european woman? In general far better looking and much less demanding than tbere western counterpart hence why men are dating them in their droves.

I cannot count how manytimes ive read a profile on here from a overweight,middle aged, not exactly good looking womans profile that she insists on a young fit and tall bloke because on here they can get what they could only dream of elsewhere, They have the pick here. So i suggest go where your the prize.

I await the hate. But ladies you know in general its true.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Thank you for all the personal rants which illustrate just what a lovely kind hearted bunch of people are on here (not). I did not intend to insult anyone but only to say how I felt .If you choose to take it personally thats your making .

I am told that thats how the site is and I should accept it . Then you are not wanting to listen to my point of _iew as to why I think it needs improving .

Would you be happy to live in a dirty pig sty because that is the way most pigs live

Bye - everyone bad or good

I am leaving you to your perfect site

Colin

Reply privately

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 03/04/15 17:33:15]

Reply privately

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

"

Would you be happy to live in a dirty pig sty because that is the way most pigs live

"

You are from a generation who should know better

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Op stop trying on here for a relationship. There are 100s of men to every over privledged woman. The odds are just stacked tall.

If its a relationship your after have you considered a nice thai or eastern european woman? In general far better looking and much less demanding than tbere western counterpart hence why men are dating them in their droves.

I cannot count how manytimes ive read a profile on here from a overweight,middle aged, not exactly good looking womans profile that she insists on a young fit and tall bloke because on here they can get what they could only dream of elsewhere, They have the pick here. So i suggest go where your the prize.

"

One guess who's been knocked back by a middle aged, overweight, not exactly good looking woman! Enjoy fucking your thai birds. Obviously the language barrier stops them fully understanding the crap you are saying.

Reply privately

By *ee VianteWoman
over a year ago

"Thank you for all the personal rants which illustrate just what a lovely kind hearted bunch of people are on here (not). I did not intend to insult anyone but only to say how I felt .If you choose to take it personally thats your making .

I am told that thats how the site is and I should accept it . Then you are not wanting to listen to my point of _iew as to why I think it needs improving .

Colin

"

Like I said, it couldn't possibly be anything you are doing wrong!

And now it's all still us for not agreeing with you.

"Pity about the people" (i.e. us) wasn't meant to be insulting? Riiiigggghhhhttttt. Yeah, I can entirely see how you'd expect a positive response after being on here for 4 weeks with that as an opening comment.

I suspect, if you think this is how to start a discussion with people, I can see where your problem getting responses or interest lies.

Reply privately

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"Thank you for all the personal rants which illustrate just what a lovely kind hearted bunch of people are on here (not). I did not intend to insult anyone but only to say how I felt .If you choose to take it personally thats your making .

Colin

"

I tried to be as honest as possible in my first response to you without being unkind, I see that this was wasted. I feel this post holds more of a clue to your lack of success than the reasons you stated.

As before I wish you well with your off line ventures.

Reply privately

By *oward1978Man
over a year ago

Rotherham

Colin

"

Hmmm can't understand why this guy can't find a woman? Anyone got any ideas? Any clues?

Reply privately

By *innamon!Woman
over a year ago

no matter

You are verified after 4 weeks that is a good point. I do feel you havent given the place a fair try though. I do know the guys get down when people dont reply . Maybe just take that as No and move on.

shame people have actually let you down just block them and keep trying.

Swingfields happens in the summer you have you mobile home so maybe you could join in that.

good luck

Reply privately

over a year ago

All the ones who wanna meet are always to far

Reply privately

over a year ago

Well...

Sounds like he got a lot of mail! Jeeez!

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

You need to get in that sweet ride you have in your pics and road trip it to a club. Some are happy for people to stay onsite in their own vehicles. You have done well in the short time you have been here.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Colin

"

Blimey

How rude.

See ya

Reply privately

By *ee VianteWoman
over a year ago

Colin

Blimey

How rude.

See ya "

Don't hold your breath, he was leaving 5 hours ago!

Reply privately

By *innamon!Woman
over a year ago

no matter

Colin

"

Bugger it you do have some attitude dont you.. I was extremely polite to you..

This is a public forum you should expect some differences of opinion...

How rude

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Op stop trying on here for a relationship. There are 100s of men to every over privledged woman. The odds are just stacked tall.

"

And here's the silver medallist for rudeness,... Points upwards...

Reply privately

By *ee VianteWoman
over a year ago

And here's the silver medallist for rudeness,... Points upwards... "

Bitterness. It happens when they find that even the "munters" (who should be grateful for the attention yadda yadda yadda) can do better than them and they can't get a meet. Ignore it, it's just sour grapes.

Reply privately

By *innamon!Woman
over a year ago

no matter

Colin

Hmmm can't understand why this guy can't find a woman? Anyone got any ideas? Any clues? "

I know ... Its the SOCKS naked with socks I dont think so

Reply privately

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

Bitterness. It happens when they find that even the "munters" (who should be grateful for the attention yadda yadda yadda) can do better than them and they can't get a meet. Ignore it, it's just sour grapes."

As a fat old munter I know my place and never demand sex, or anything else, from the fit young men. I only choose the fat old munter men.

Reply privately

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Colin

Hmmm can't understand why this guy can't find a woman? Anyone got any ideas? Any clues?

I know ... Its the SOCKS naked with socks I dont think so "

Cinn!

Reply privately

By *immy2xMan
over a year ago

aberdeen/inverness/ highlands

Bitterness. It happens when they find that even the "munters" (who should be grateful for the attention yadda yadda yadda) can do better than them and they can't get a meet. Ignore it, it's just sour grapes."

Thx thats my whole point. The munters can do better. Because they are 100s of men to one of them. And yes even they ungratefull munters say no. Cause well they are punching above there weight. Because they can. I dont blame em, just pointing it out and suggestion solutions.

Now if yer trying to say they aint taking advantage then you are talking crap. I dont mind at all and im not bitter at all. I just chat here i cant be bothered with the competition when its a lot easier andbetter elsewhere.just ssying deal with it.

Reply privately

By *innamon!Woman
over a year ago

no matter

Colin

I know ... Its the SOCKS naked with socks I dont think so

Cinn! "

You are not a fat old munter at all :O.. but one could not say the same about me.. and yes im naked with soxs but would Never take pics in them

I like younger fit men not way would i go older

Reply privately

By *igeiaWoman
over a year ago

Bristol

Bitterness. It happens when they find that even the "munters" (who should be grateful for the attention yadda yadda yadda) can do better than them and they can't get a meet. Ignore it, it's just sour grapes.

As a fat old munter I know my place and never demand sex, or anything else, from the fit young men. I only choose the fat old munter men. "

I like to calculate my munter percentage and then devise an Excel spreadsheet so as to only meet men on a similar level of munterishness to myself. Obviously, if I were to pull a fit young hottie I would need to even the scales with my next meet.

Reply privately

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

"

As a fat old munter I know my place and never demand sex, or anything else, from the fit young men. I only choose the fat old munter men.

I like to calculate my munter percentage and then devise an Excel spreadsheet so as to only meet men on a similar level of munterishness to myself. Obviously, if I were to pull a fit young hottie I would need to even the scales with my next meet.

"

I've just been doing it intuitively as I can't work out the sum needed on the spreadsheet.

I look better in dim lighting so does that raise my attractiveness level and mean I can aim higher (or should it be lower?) on the munter scale?

Reply privately

By *ordonBennettMan
over a year ago

dover

I wonder what it was the OP wanted.

To get something off his chest, or try and reform the site(!) or both...

Either way, I somehow think he didn't have a career in the Diplomatic Service

Reply privately

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

"I wonder what it was the OP wanted.

To get something off his chest, or try and reform the site(!) or both...

Either way, I somehow think he didn't have a career in the Diplomatic Service "

Or the conviction of his words.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Yes he wants To get something off his chest, or try and reform the site(!) or both.A complaint is a way of saying I dont think things are right and I would like you to know about it otherwise you may think you are doing every thing right

Its the lack of consideration about the needs of the other half thats upsetting .Dont reply even in the middle of an exchange without a reason , Do not turn up for arranged meets without reason . If the people on the site were better it may encourage more people to keep on with the site

Why should I be diplomatic as I am only replying in the manner that some responders do .

I must take any criticism directly leveled at me personally on the chin but people on here take my comments to the site in general --personally and object to it .

I a am told to get real about their ways and not take it personally - what about them

Reply privately

over a year ago

Does anyone else hear the sound of tiny violins?

Reply privately

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

"Does anyone else hear the sound of tiny violins?"

Reply privately

By *ustcutieWoman
over a year ago

edinburgh

"Does anyone else hear the sound of tiny violins?"