Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

The big lies.....

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Got the leaders debate on.....omg the lies!

Nicola Sturgeon. The Scots pay more in tax (per head) than the English! Utter bollocks.

That's the best yet.

Natalie Green Party scaring the hell out of me.....

Increase foreign aid. Spend more on....actually everything! Let's double or triple spending...where the fuck from?

Milliband still saying we are all £1600 worse off than 5 years ago. This is 3 years out of date. He is talking "average" whatever that is....but as that's what he wants the latest figures show the "average" has now gone (barely, and that's not good enough!) above what it was in 2010.... Another lie.

Plaid just want more money for Wales (obv) but say totally end austerity and spend more....from?

Nick Clegg just says do a bit of Ed and a bit of Dave..... No actual ideas!

Cameron just wants more cuts but says defend NHS.....but not saying where cuts cone from.

Garage blaming all on Europe and Foreign aid...no change there!

I'm getting bored now.....I think we need an 8th party coz these seven are all crap!

Monster Raving a Loonies would make more sense!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

had it on for a bit all a could hear was blah blah blah really dont get politics and nicola sturgeon is just a boot... god knows who al be voting for they al talk the same utter rubbish

over a year ago

The one thing you can rely on with the Green Party is their Blue Sky thinking which is not grounded in reality.

over a year ago

I'm very impressed how Aardman are able to animate Wallace in real time.

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcjpags7JT8

That's as much as I know

over a year ago

Those who fall for that shit get what they deserve.

over a year ago

"I'm very impressed how Aardman are able to animate Wallace in real time."

Hehehe...

By *entaur_UKMan
over a year ago

Cannock

Wonder what planet Leanne Wood and Natalie Bennet both live on? They both went on and on and on about ending austerity and increase spending on this an that, but not a word of how they intend to pay for any of it????

Money does'nt grow on trees does it, or then again maybe the green party does have a secret money tree they are not telling us about? Are they gonna hand the seeds out and ask us all to plant one in our gardens?

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Green Party scare the fuck out of me!

over a year ago

"Green Party scare the fuck out of me!"

Its the fuckwits that vote for them that scare the fuck out of me

over a year ago

"Green Party scare the fuck out of me!

Its the fuckwits that vote for them that scare the fuck out of me "

I'm not a fuckwit. Might watch this programme though, see what was said but don't really wanna...i'm watching Project Venus and love Jacques voice.

over a year ago

I can't stop laughing every time Milliband comes on the screen...

Had to skip the first 6 mins too coz nothing going on.

By *oodmessMan
over a year ago

yumsville

Going by the polling after the show. To say these people watched a 2 hour long show. I must have watched a different programme and are therefore politically interested/inclined. I have no idea how Labour came out ahead - absolutely beyond me.

He was out of his depth, psychotic in his camera watching, didnt answer any questions posed, didnt have the weight to make himself heard. His policies were as tatty as a used last weeks rag.

No doubt he will spin it as he doesn't need to shout and rant like other parties - he'll get the poor old me vote next? But I can't believe he came out ahead - He was embarrassed several times.

By *oodmessMan
over a year ago

yumsville

"I can't stop laughing every time Milliband comes on the screen...

Had to skip the first 6 mins too coz nothing going on."

He hung his head so many times... over the economy, over not offering an apology, over the health system and sweetheart deals 0 too many things at this time of the morning

over a year ago

"I can't stop laughing every time Milliband comes on the screen...

."

I find myself having a little giggle too... I think he introduces a cheesy smile every so often during his speeches...very odd.

Nobody stood out, except perhaps Sturgeon, and nobody was damaged... Too many people and too little time to really get into the nitty gritty of any policy.... Same old politics.

In the end, I suspect all of them plan to do what the conservatives are doing... Spend themselves out of trouble - according to Cameron he's only half way...!!

over a year ago

My 'review':

Green party sounds caring and nice and yeah we need to not go on about money and care about pollution and the planet.

Fartage went straight for the immigration, tedious.

Cleggs hair looks stupid, all he needs is one of those copter caps...

SNP woman makes sense so far.

Cameron, wanna punch his shitty face. The word working used a lot in his intro, subliminal messages perhaps.

Welsh women. I am confused what's going on here. What happens if i vote for her? I'm not in wales.

Milliband () talks about fear and exploitation. Offers freebies, whoohoo, aw hold on he is only cutting costs, boo.

Good first question. Clegg is showing his mutinous side to the Tories. Omg Cameron doesn't want to raise taxes, yet he raised mine - the shit. Welsh woman makes sense, i would vote for her so far. Farage is talking money and numbers, not sure if he skewed anything but he makes sense so far, dunno why but i also want to laugh when i see his face. Milliband sounds like Tony Blair and goes on about the other party failing and slagging them off, i don't like this type of politics coz it skirts round the issues. Investing in the future sounds good Green lady, we're way past the point of the richest paying the right amount of tax to pay for things though, in the first 2 years of the Tories being in it was feasible but now it's not. Scottish person talking about investing, not sure what she means though coz her voice just makes me drift off, she has a lovely but relaxing voice. Clegg now slagging off the Tories, i don't like this (as above) and wanna hear how he will fix things. Tories stfu, you are only go for the small tax avoiders and not the big ones, fuck off with your bullshit. Milliband i like that he is pulling Cameron up personally.

Just realised this is like the weakest link, all the people behind podiums from the programme, and Anne Robinson is presenting.

25 mins in, after skipping 6 mins, i am bored. Despite keeping myself busy typing. But yes scottish lady we need to spend more, firstly people need to have money to spend. Fartages voice is pissing me off but his face counteracts this. Wow---Clegg mentions other countries, he's looking a bit cleverer right now. Oh yeah wales woman i like her, the poor been made poorer and she points this out, bitch presenter shuts her up. Milliband is looking so shit right now, he is the worst actor/politician i have ever seen and using crap tactics.

By *oodmessMan
over a year ago

yumsville

thought the Welsh woman stamped all over Miliband pretty hard. From announcing that he said he had the chance to vote against zero hours contracts in Wales then didnt. She also emphasises that they are still recovering from Labours term in Government in the 1970's, that the Welsh NHS has not been looked after by their party, and is drastically underfunded.

She stood up well to him and he didn't have reply - just hung his head.

Farage - his point on health tourism I thought (if we are looking to cut deficits/budgets) is an interesting one). When we go abroad, we have to have health insurance so why don't people coming in have to have a similar scheme. It seems a feasible request -if not, then charge costs back to that country for any treatment as happens now with ourselves. This happens now - if we go to Scotland, and receive an operation, it get's charged back to NHS England.

Cameron, he started off repeating the same old tune, he really needed to give some new ideas, some new sound bites. He was tasked by Clegg on not taxing the rich harder and although he mentioned that they have paid more in taxes than ever before, he came across as washed up.

Clegg, looked as the only one trustworthy and able to deal with macroeconomic problems for me. He also seemed the only one with fight in him. He challenged pretty well everyone on stage.

Sturgeon. I think it came across that she is a nationalist first, and was only there to win the Scottish vote and out Labour in Scotland. If SNP get into Westminster, I hope the part leader can pull her into line.

The greens, she had a few points, but her previous TV appearances have tainted any reputation her party had I think.

Thought the Welsh woman was great though.

Miliband looked as if he wanted the world to swallow him up at several points in the debate, I thought.

over a year ago

Farrage was so out of his depth the fish had lights on their heads!!

By *eavenNhellCouple
over a year ago

carrbrook stalybridge

just wondering why that woman got Rob Brydons job ?

it was " celebrity would i lie for you " wasnt it ?

over a year ago

Yes Milliband and Fartage, their faces crack me up. Farage the frog is now his new political name.

Milliband hypocritically mentions other people will scare monger, he has already done this himself...reductions in spending on what though? No wonder i hate politics.

Green woman is kind of alright, she's going on about vulnerable people and saying how they've been affected but not in enough detail.

Cameron twatty face makes me angry. Hehe Milliband counter acts this by staring right into the camera...Cameron is gonna do stuff that people with money will be happy about. Fuck this is just turning into a comedy in my head now, i'm not even listening to anyone any more and just making up my own entertainment here...ok i will calm down...

Blah blah blah, now everyone is slagging off other parties policies, boring and pointing out how shit they all are. People are looking at Anne like she is there to sort out arguments or back them up or something?

Bit of talking about social issues that been around forever, some parties wnat to improve workers on less than a livable income, Cameron doesn't want rich people to pay anything. Aw Cameron you think fuck, welfare needed cutting, so what you gonna replace it with? Gonna cap rents or make wages better? No though not. Farage the frog tries to pander to people on benefits by not giving away AID to other countries. Milliband said something but i just laughed at his face, no idea what he said. Farage le frog is making sense on the NHS, am shocked but nice one i guess, i like how there is mention of ending austerity Scottish lady, no private profits in the NHS i think that's good but not sure, we do make the revenue via taxes to pay for the NHS so it probably is 'a good thing' to paraphrase Cameron speak. Clegg thinks we're stupid. Wales lady is saying what the NHS needs, think she's implying she'll do it. Milliband making sense and actually saying what he'll do, not bad. His face isn't funny any more, aw. Cameron bringing up his disabled son, do wanna slag him off for it but not going to. Farage, health tourism doesn't exist any more, and if you'd been in an NHS in the past year or two you'd know this. Milliband trying to make himself one of us, no he isn't. Cameron making sense about the NHS doubt he'll follow it through though. Green party lady has been shut up by Anne,she was making sense too. Farage goes on about 'his own people', most of us aren't that. Clegg is now slagging off the previous government. Yeah i see Milliband putting his head down, he is submitting to Clegg...Cameron wants him to submit so is slagging him off now, it doesn't work. I honestly think Milliband is banking on a coalition with Clegg this election.

Thank fuck the NHS debate is over, went on too long and the main two parties hogged it and talked shit.

over a year ago

Anne has taken off her glasses, possibly due to the weakest link copyrights?

Immigration, will admit i am clueless about this. Gonna just look for subliminal messages in this bit.

Milliband blahs on a bit about nothing much. And mentions 'if i'm elected as prime minister'. Says he'll do something about issues that have always been around.

Wales lady panders to liberals, but also takes a bit of off topic sense. Goes back to NHS debate probably because she never got much of a chance to talk in that part.

Scottish lady admits there are problems, and offers solutions and also offers why immigrants are also not causing problems. Hehe accuses Farage of being intolerant, sneaked that in quite well, well done.

Cameron drones on about the same old shit he said he would do but didn't, and he has more proposals he probably also won't implement. Manages to stigmatise benefit claimants while doing so, as fucking usual.

Yeah, Farage mentions it's nothing to do with benefits (fuck you Cameron), acts like the housing crisis has only just appeared, it's been around decades you dimwit.

Clegg talks to us like we're stupid, that's fine i guess.

Green party wants EU immigration but notwhere else, i think, Idk for sure. She talks sense, andi'll add we knew we'd need school places for kids, we're registered since our birth so government have 5 years notice on this stuff. They record bloody everything so no excuse not to sort out what we need really.

Everyone slagging off Cameron for a second. Milliband takes that as en excuse to have a bitchfest at him, and makes people laugh so i bet he's chuffed.

Clegg uses old arguments, but he does make sense. Just wondering why this stuff never comes into place and is only ever talked about.

Cameron agrees with Clegg, probably needs a friend after Milliband made everyone laugh at him. Slags off our education system, as usual.

Wondering when one of them will be declared the weakest link and sent off stage.

Wales woman is liberal, attacks Farage. Not sure what she's talking about now though, EU something or other.

Green party tries to pander to emotions. Bad idea when debating, although i can see why she does it. Points out only people with money can do what they want and it's tough shit to everyone else, i like that.

Farage using numbers, but in a biased way by only using one lot of numbers (immigrants in) and not saying why they come here.

Minimum wage, yeah this shit has needed sorting for a long, long time, so why hasn't it been done by now? Doubt it will ever be sorted.

Cameron lies about job creation, no mention of sanctions or apprenticeships culling unemployment figures. Cunt face.

They all start arguing, lol, Anne calms them down. It's boring.

Camera pans to Milliband shaking his head, composes himself when he realises the cam is on him.

Not sure what the referendum is, don't really care. Probably will be fixed or figures twisted anyway.

Green party says everyone should be trsuted to vote on issues. I kind of like this idea, my opinion is that politics has to stop lying to us, and we need to share our own info and discuss stuff ourselves to be able to do this, and it's possible.

I am extremely bored, would hate to be the person doing the subtitles for this show.

Apprenticeships pay fuck all. Just wanna point this out seeing as they're all saying how great they are.

Conclusion: bored. Don't feel i learned anything from this section.

over a year ago

Wales woman is being honest.

Milliband, idk what he said, nothing much.

Cameron goes on about jobs as usual, i'm still waiting for him to mention sanctions. Mentions homes people can afford to buy and own, Machiavellian cunt.

Green party woman thinks £10 an hour is enough to live off in 5 years time, it's not enough now.

Clegg confuses me trying to shove loads of topics into too little time.

This whole section sounds like a job interview now. Wanna skip it...ooh scottish woman stands up for people who want education but can't afford it, she got clapped for it.

Farage the frog says something about immigrants.

Clegg asks Cameron why he's gonna cut the education budget, haha. Milliband goes on about scares, again.

Sick of how everyone says the word issue like it's issyou.

Clegg slags off Milliband and tries to make him say sorry to everyone, it's a bit like primary school right now.

Control freak Camoron goes on about controlling everything. Hasn't mentioned Victorian values yet, waiting on that.

Glasses are back on, no problem with copyright.

Oh god, now they're going on about owning homes again. Why? It restricts where you can live, not everyone wants to buy property and see it as pointless, i don't want to be a mass consumer who hogs resources. Guess who mentioned immigrants again?

Milliband said nothing at all again, despite his face lips flapping open and shut.

ameron goes off topic, think he's thinking about his holidays or something and is travelling round the world. Lady in the audience shouting at him about homeless veterans, he says 'we should be putting money into' yeah we should doesn't mean you will though.

Even the audience is bored and can't control their anger at the politicians. Good. Blame diverted to them instead of our own people.

If they want to support small businesses they need to stop supporting the big ones on a bigger scale, otherwise it's wasted support for the small business.

So far the only ones i'd vote for are out of my country anyway. No respect for Milliband, never had respect for Fartage or Camoron and still not got any. Clegg i'm meh about and same for Green party.

Thank fuck that finished, and they're wrapping up.

Shit, nuclear weapons were kept quiet until the end. Wish SNP woman could run england. (Can she or not)?

Clegg and his 'do the right thing', have the Tories not copyrighted that phrase? Nah he's not meh any more, he's a no and still a Tory.

Milliband pandering to the poor, which most of us are now. Still not gonna vote for him.

Wales lady seems like she doesn't talk shit but not sure if she does.

Green, idk. She mentions revolution, feel like i've been brainwashed over facebook the past year now.

Fartage reckons everyone is politically correct, omg. Surprised he didn't mention the one house being built every 7 seconds again.

Cameron, goes on about work as usual and the mess left to him that he hasn't sorted. Didn't dare mention 'do the right thing' seeing as Clegg already did. Haha he thinks his plan is working, cunt face.

Can understand why most people don't give a shit about politics. I totally agree with Noam Chomsky that politics is railed so that we only talk about certain things that they want us to talk about.

By *entaur_UKMan
over a year ago

Cannock

How many times did Miliband say "When working people succeed, britain succeeds"?

I must have counted at least 10 times he said that catchphrase, very annoying pre-scripted rubbish.

By *oo hotCouple
over a year ago

North West

"How many times did Miliband say "When working people succeed, britain succeeds"?

I must have counted at least 10 times he said that catchphrase, very annoying pre-scripted rubbish. "

There was nothing human, natural or sincere about Milliband. I am just grateful that the Unions chose him to lead the Labour Party rather than his brother David as I fear that David Milliband would have been a very successful leader.

Post new Message to Thread