Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Cat repellant

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Can anyone recommend a good one please that actually works, as am fed up with so many coming into my garden and doing their business and spraying. It just stinks lliterally!!!!!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *inaTitzTV/TS
over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

A pet dog

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Crossbow

over a year ago

A Rottweiler

over a year ago

Tazer

over a year ago

Lemon juice. But if they've chosen you you're going to struggle.

It's a faff, but a squirty water bottle will deter them if you get a direct hit (recommended by a vet)

By *inaTitzTV/TS
over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

Land mines?

over a year ago

Orange peel supposed to keep them away. I don't think they like citrus smells so chuck some orange peel around your garden!

By *inaTitzTV/TS
over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

Nuke it from orbits, it's the only way to be sure.

On a more useful note, I've heard that having a replica of a cat in the garden intimidates other cats.

over a year ago

We used to have loads of cat muck left around our flower beds etc, used to stink. Tried everything - citrus, pepper etc. All failed.

Then we invested in a sonic cat repellent (around £25 or so from Robert Dyas) - works a treat! Problem solved virtually overnight

over a year ago

Had heard about they don't like citrus peel but was thinking more along the lines of granules as anything you spray will just wash away when it rains.

over a year ago

"We used to have loads of cat muck left around our flower beds etc, used to stink. Tried everything - citrus, pepper etc. All failed.

Then we invested in a sonic cat repellent (around £25 or so from Robert Dyas) - works a treat! Problem solved virtually overnight "

over a year ago

"We used to have loads of cat muck left around our flower beds etc, used to stink. Tried everything - citrus, pepper etc. All failed.

Then we invested in a sonic cat repellent (around £25 or so from Robert Dyas) - works a treat! Problem solved virtually overnight "

Heard you have to constantly replace the batteries tho?

By *andy_tomMan
over a year ago

wolverhampton

Get a dog , mine hates cats ,

over a year ago

an actual good improvisation that works for night time is to fill small clear plastic bottles up with water and lay them on sides, any light that hits the water,keeps the cats away!!

I only know as my grandparents used to do this to keep cats out of the garden!

over a year ago

Would love to but not an option.

By *icky999Man
over a year ago

warrington

Change your profile to male and can't accomodate= immediate pussy repelant

over a year ago

A Webley .22 Air Rife and a decent scope?

over a year ago

"Can anyone recommend a good one please that actually works, as am fed up with so many coming into my garden and doing their business and spraying. It just stinks lliterally!!!!! "

Put orange peel or lemon peel in your garden cats hate citrus,or you can go online and get tiger poo ,which scares the cats of awww poor pussies xxL

By *inaTitzTV/TS
over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

"Change your profile to male and can't accomodate= immediate pussy repelant "

over a year ago

Then we invested in a sonic cat repellent (around £25 or so from Robert Dyas) - works a treat! Problem solved virtually overnight

Heard you have to constantly replace the batteries tho? "

You can get solar powered ones

over a year ago

Have seen online lion granules but not tiger...lol

over a year ago

"A Webley .22 Air Rife and a decent scope?"

So nasty

over a year ago

"Can anyone recommend a good one please that actually works, as am fed up with so many coming into my garden and doing their business and spraying. It just stinks lliterally!!!!!

Put orange peel or lemon peel in your garden cats hate citrus,or you can go online and get tiger poo ,which scares the cats of awww poor pussies xxL "

over a year ago

"A Webley .22 Air Rife and a decent scope?

So nasty"

Twas a joke.

I see its serious Friday again.

over a year ago

We had this problem. What we did was befriend one the cats. Started feeding him and making him feel at home. Now this cat thinks he owns our garden and doesn't shit in it anymore, and a bonus is he won't let any other cats do it as well.

over a year ago

Only thing that's worked for us is to plant bushes where the cats were coming in over the fence. They don't like landing in them so walk all around the fence and don't use our garden, obviously it takes a year for the bushes to grow, so still had cats spraying on our plants until then. My garden look really nice this year, no stains or burns on any of my plants and nothing has died.

I love cats but yeah their poo stinks if you give them milk, i think if cat owners didn't give them milk then people wouldn't object to the poo so much. Never gave my cat milk and her poo was smelly but nothing like milky poop when my kids snuck her some.

over a year ago

Gather holly leaves and other prickly or thorny cuttings and place where the cats are shutting.

over a year ago

Another vote for the sonic cat repellent here.

Makes the kids laugh as us two of a certain age can hear it when it detects us passing and starts it's high pitched noise (it's not very loud). They don't hear a thing.

Apparently it is inaudible to the young

We wouldn't know

over a year ago

Aldi had hard rubber fence spike sets which you nail to the top of the fence if that's how they are getting into the garden.

over a year ago

Heard you have to constantly replace the batteries tho? "

Yeah reasonably frequently but it is effective.

By *imwildWoman
over a year ago

around

Broken Egg shells. They don't like the feel under they're paws.

over a year ago

"We had this problem. What we did was befriend one the cats. Started feeding him and making him feel at home. Now this cat thinks he owns our garden and doesn't shit in it anymore, and a bonus is he won't let any other cats do it as well. "

A lovely ginger cat who adopted us last summer( who I have never seen spray or shit in garden)I do feed now and then and he sleeps outside near back door.Always sat on patio table looking at me thru kitchen window.He has seen off some of the cats but not all.

By *alandNitaCouple
over a year ago

Scunthorpe

I bought a device from homebase which deters them. It's like a PIR siren thing. It emits a really high pitched sound which I can't hear (although the kids can).

over a year ago

I have some holly so will use that as one option. Most of them come via back wall

By *erry50Man
over a year ago

Liverpool and Cotswolds

rather defeats your end result somewhat but lion shit from your local zoo or wild park enclosure will get the desired effect in fact the next two streets wont find cats in their garden either

over a year ago

"an actual good improvisation that works for night time is to fill small clear plastic bottles up with water and lay them on sides, any light that hits the water,keeps the cats away!!

I only know as my grandparents used to do this to keep cats out of the garden!"

My friends next door neighbour has lots of bottles in her front garden , we have always wondered what they were there for so thank you.

By *ozzy87Man
over a year ago

Crawley

Dog works pretty well.

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

Cats hate strong smells, so anything that is strongly scented should deter. If you have entrance points, consider blocking them or coating them with obnoxious gunk that they won't like to move through - nothing dangerous to their health though!

Motion detection garden sprinklers can be handy in summer too.

If you have any thorny shrubs that you're pruning, lay the cut offs over areas they may use for their toilet, or might walk.

The longer you keep them out, the weaker their habit of visiting your garden becomes, so it's worth sticking at it, as well as adding new things to the deterrent list/places you're using.

over a year ago

"Nuke it from orbits, it's the only way to be sure.

On a more useful note, I've heard that having a replica of a cat in the garden intimidates other cats. "

Loving the aliens reference.

over a year ago

creating a worm hole to another dimension in your garden, ensuring it's one way

Then when the kitties enter the garden they are sucked into the vortex, never to be seen again.

Hey presto problem sorted.

Make sure it's a cat friendly dimension don't want any harm to come to the cuddly bastards.

Post new Message to Thread