Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

another 150 victims of 9/11

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Has osama bin laden reached out from beyond his berth in davy jones,s locker. Without 9/11 that door would have been open.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *randub69Man
over a year ago

city

"Has osama bin laden reached out from beyond his berth in davy jones,s locker. Without 9/11 that door would have been open. "

that's exactly what came into my head as soon as I heard the news..

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Seriously ?? We dont know the full story yet and your posting this ??

Sheesh,

Forum Mod

over a year ago

Goes off to look at the news

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

"Has osama bin laden reached out from beyond his berth in davy jones,s locker. Without 9/11 that door would have been open. "

Is this about the German flight in the alps?

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

It's true that 9/11 was what made airlines put the locked cock pit doors policy in place but it wasn't responsible for making airlines decide to allow the over ride from outside facility to be cancelled by pressing a button from inside every five minutes.

Don't give a dead terrorist any power or his aim will have been achieved.

over a year ago

I see what the OP is saying.

Following the take-over of the aircraft cockpits on 11/09 and the WTC & Pentagon disasters, the cockpit security in commercial aircraft was vastly upgraded to make them almost impregnable from within the cabin.

The current thinking form the first of the Block Boxes is that the pilot stepped out of the cockpit to go to the loo and (as per protocol) the co-pilot secured the cockpit door behind him. It was at this point he allegedly took over the aircraft and enacted the scenario currently being proposed. The pilot could not re-enter the cockpit because it was secured from the inside.

The OPs view is that without the 11/09 incidents that cockpit security would not have been upgraded and the pilot would have been able to re-enter or break into the cockpit in the 8 minutes before the jet crashed, subdue the co-pilot and regain control.

over a year ago

"Has osama bin laden reached out from beyond his berth in davy jones,s locker. Without 9/11 that door would have been open.

It's true that 9/11 was what made airlines put the locked cock pit doors policy in place but it wasn't responsible for making airlines decide to allow the over ride from outside facility to be cancelled by pressing a button from inside every five minutes.

Don't give a dead terrorist any power or his aim will have been achieved."

+1 this

over a year ago

Terrorism will always involve pyrrhic victories, it's the nature of the beast

By *ere-for-my-convenienceWoman
over a year ago

West Midlands

It's so very sad for the remaining family and friends of the dead

Even of the pilot incidentally whose family will be grieving too

By *quirrelMan
over a year ago

North Yorks

Latest news is that the co-pilot had a medical certificate dated on the same day as the "accident" which relieved him of duty and put him on sick leave.

Apparently it was found screwed up in his personal belongings at home.

over a year ago

Hello all,

I'm a little surprised that the investigators have released this information before finding and analysing the second black box to see the mechanical data from it to back up their theory?

Alec

over a year ago

Apparently differnt airlines have different rules British Airways has a stewardess step in if one of the pilots leaves the cockpit so they are never alone. I also saw in the news this has happend b4 and 30 people were killed that time. I cant understand how they arent psychological y tested every year

By *eMontresMan
over a year ago

Halesowen

What I find disturbing is that the 2 in a cockpit rule is not universal. I had assumed that this would be the case, particularly due to the enhanced security measures having been taken.

Obviously 2 in the cockpit won't prevent every single possibility, but it will minimise the risk significantly.

By *he tactile technicianMan
over a year ago

the good lands, the bad lands, the any where you may want me lands

The OP is using consequential matters to strengthen an argument, which is fair enough, but if we are talking consequence maybe the OP should remember that until the increase of aviation technology all commercial aircraft previously flew with a pilot, a co-pilot and a flight engineer. Now that would have been a measure that could have prevented such a tragedy.

over a year ago

It wont stop me flying. Off to Ibiza in June. It's just a thought that went through my head, which is what it was designed to do. This was a terrible thing waiting to happen. It's just taken 14 years for it to happen. If we give in to Terrorism then the world will be a much poorer place. See you by the pool. Blitz spirit and all that. Though of course this is about 1 millionth of a percent of the terror of the blitz so my deepest respect to my mum and those that lived through it.

I'll stop there before I put my foot in it even more. Just saying. that's all.

over a year ago

"I see what the OP is saying.

Following the take-over of the aircraft cockpits on 11/09 and the WTC & Pentagon disasters, the cockpit security in commercial aircraft was vastly upgraded to make them almost impregnable from within the cabin.

The current thinking form the first of the Block Boxes is that the pilot stepped out of the cockpit to go to the loo and (as per protocol) the co-pilot secured the cockpit door behind him. It was at this point he allegedly took over the aircraft and enacted the scenario currently being proposed. The pilot could not re-enter the cockpit because it was secured from the inside.

The OPs view is that without the 11/09 incidents that cockpit security would not have been upgraded and the pilot would have been able to re-enter or break into the cockpit in the 8 minutes before the jet crashed, subdue the co-pilot and regain control. "

By *ust_for_laughsCouple
over a year ago

Hinckley

He should have used the drinks trolley, it always does a decent job of smashing my knees in whenever we fly!

over a year ago

What if's..... you got to deal with the here and now. Maybe without the locked door there would have been a lot more of these dispicable acts.....

over a year ago

"I see what the OP is saying.

The OPs view is that without the 11/09 incidents that cockpit security would not have been upgraded and the pilot would have been able to re-enter or break into the cockpit in the 8 minutes before the jet crashed, subdue the co-pilot and regain control. "

Thankyou for explaining that so beautifully.

I used to work in a very risk averse industry, when an accident happened immediately some new piece of protocol or legislation would pop up and it was designed to prevent the same thing happening again. Unfortunately it almost inevitably caused some new problem that the person who thought of the new legislation hadn't thought of.

OK the airline have come up with a solution that 2 people must always be present in a cockpit, but hang on would that have prevented the Malaysian flight disappearance. We still don't know what happened there. No these blasted locked cockpit doors have become a 2 edged sword. They minimise the risk of people taking over a plane, but as is proved here it just needs a psychopathic individual to fuck up all the good intentions and cause this awful catastrophe.

I will sit in my seat in June and say a little prayer for those poor souls who unwittingly got onto a plane without protection from a maniac and hope I do not suffer the same fate.

Even with 2 pilots at all time in their cockpit one of them could stick some sort of Micky fin in the other guys coffee and do what he wanted. It's just bad luck and when your number is up it's up.

Post new Message to Thread