Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

On a much brighter note

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

It is spring time and I have just planted a garden full of new plants, shurbs and a couple of trees (been a job that has been long overdue). I'm no gardening fan but the place looks absolutely lovely and I'm chuffed to bits with how it looks.

So will anyone else be getting their fingers green over the coming weeks to get their gardens into shape for summer?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"It is spring time and I have just planted a garden full of new plants, shurbs and a couple of trees (been a job that has been long overdue). I'm no gardening fan but the place looks absolutely lovely and I'm chuffed to bits with how it looks.

So will anyone else be getting their fingers green over the coming weeks to get their gardens into shape for summer?"

Yes! Had the grass cut and some plants potted..and 2 rose bushes put in.. Waiting on climbing rose to be put in... Already have a palm tree behind my love seat. Loving it

By *ocknrollerMan
over a year ago

the sticks

I've been getting my car and motorcycle into shape for the summer. I'm chuffed with them too so far Kinda similar, but my fingers are black and smell of engine oil instead of green and flowery lol. Good for you

over a year ago

As a garden centre owner i can say this last 2 weeks has been so busy its unreal, the warmer temperatures get people into the garden

over a year ago

"As a garden centre owner i can say this last 2 weeks has been so busy its unreal, the warmer temperatures get people into the garden "

Great to hear business is blooming (did you see what I did there!)

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

I've got a hanging basket up and a little greenhouse my parents are coming up to help me plants some stuff in the next few weeks

over a year ago

Not ever again no.

A few years ago I had the same urge, turfed the whole garden, tossed a few plants about, decided my cherry tree needed a haircut, I killed the lot, including the three little trees I had.

Gave up, got two dogs and they finished off the nice new turf and stuff lol

Oh and I laid a new patio which looks lovely after I've scrubbed off the mutts mess.

I'm seriously thinking about concreting the lot now, but I'm not fit enough at the moment, tossing ballast into a mixer and laying the stuff is back breaking.

over a year ago

"Not ever again no.

A few years ago I had the same urge, turfed the whole garden, tossed a few plants about, decided my cherry tree needed a haircut, I killed the lot, including the three little trees I had.

Oh and I laid a new patio which looks lovely after I've scrubbed off the mutts mess.

I'm seriously thinking about concreting the lot now, but I'm not fit enough at the moment, tossing ballast into a mixer and laying the stuff is back breaking.

"

I'm sure it won't be long before I've killed most of my stuff too. Anything I stick in a pot tends to die pretty quickly, can never quite get my grass to look green rather than off yellow, but I'm going to enjoy the kaleidascope of colour I have at the minute while it lasts!

over a year ago

Yep we've started getting stuff ready but this morning there was snow in bolton tonight there gritting !!! Looks like our window sills will stay full of veg and plants seedlings for a bit longer

over a year ago

"Not ever again no.

I'm sure it won't be long before I've killed most of my stuff too. Anything I stick in a pot tends to die pretty quickly, can never quite get my grass to look green rather than off yellow, but I'm going to enjoy the kaleidascope of colour I have at the minute while it lasts!"

Someone should make a "garden freeze spray" that keeps it as it is when you have it right.

over a year ago

"Not ever again no.

I'm sure it won't be long before I've killed most of my stuff too. Anything I stick in a pot tends to die pretty quickly, can never quite get my grass to look green rather than off yellow, but I'm going to enjoy the kaleidascope of colour I have at the minute while it lasts!

Someone should make a "garden freeze spray" that keeps it as it is when you have it right."

I'm going off to invent that right away! This time next year we'll be millionaires.

That said, there is something quite cathartic about seeing something that was a mess being beautiful, and knowing you are responsible, even if it is for only a little time.

By *ingle Beds LassWoman
over a year ago

Bedfordshire

When my mum died, I found bulbs in the boot of her car. Dumped then in pots and they came up. 3rd year now and her poppies are already flowering. Nicked Heather from my dads garden, the white Heather didn't survive but the purple Heather is looking lovely in its whiskey barrell. Gonna pinch some white Heather again when I am up in May and hopefully it will take this time. Have not done first cut of grass yet...

over a year ago

"When my mum died, I found bulbs in the boot of her car. Dumped then in pots and they came up. 3rd year now and her poppies are already flowering. Nicked Heather from my dads garden, the white Heather didn't survive but the purple Heather is looking lovely in its whiskey barrell. Gonna pinch some white Heather again when I am up in May and hopefully it will take this time. Have not done first cut of grass yet... "

Dip them in rooting compound when you've cut them that may help its good stuff

over a year ago

"When my mum died, I found bulbs in the boot of her car. Dumped then in pots and they came up. 3rd year now and her poppies are already flowering. Nicked Heather from my dads garden, the white Heather didn't survive but the purple Heather is looking lovely in its whiskey barrell. Gonna pinch some white Heather again when I am up in May and hopefully it will take this time. Have not done first cut of grass yet...

Dip them in rooting compound when you've cut them that may help its good stuff"

Just to prove how rubbish I am at this stuff....., what is rooting compound?

By *ingle Beds LassWoman
over a year ago

Bedfordshire

"When my mum died, I found bulbs in the boot of her car. Dumped then in pots and they came up. 3rd year now and her poppies are already flowering. Nicked Heather from my dads garden, the white Heather didn't survive but the purple Heather is looking lovely in its whiskey barrell. Gonna pinch some white Heather again when I am up in May and hopefully it will take this time. Have not done first cut of grass yet...

Dip them in rooting compound when you've cut them that may help its good stuff"

Ooooooh thank you Funny how one survived and the other didn't... Both planted in same barrell... Maybe the whiskey residue was too much for it lol That's another story driving 10 hours with that in the back of my motor lol Fumes were dangerous

over a year ago

Just to prove how rubbish I am at this stuff....., what is rooting compound? "

It's a tub of white powder helps roots grow when you take cuttings . This white powder is legal unlike some lol

over a year ago

Ooooooh thank you Funny how one survived and the other didn't... Both planted in same barrell... Maybe the whiskey residue was too much for it lol That's another story driving 10 hours with that in the back of my motor lol Fumes were dangerous "

Not sure plants like whiskey but obviously one did lol

over a year ago

Just to prove how rubbish I am at this stuff....., what is rooting compound?

It's a tub of white powder helps roots grow when you take cuttings . This white powder is legal unlike some lol"

Thank you, must remember not to mix up the Colombian marching powder with the rooting compound!

over a year ago

love pottering in the garden - this year is to try and get the grass more grass and less moss and s - we used to have a bunny so could never put feed and type stuff on

over a year ago

"love pottering in the garden - this year is to try and get the grass more grass and less moss and s - we used to have a bunny so could never put feed and type stuff on "

Google growing solutions they supply stuff for lawns . They supply to football grounds golf courses etc good stuff and not to expensive they sell to public too

over a year ago

"It is spring time and I have just planted a garden full of new plants, shurbs and a couple of trees (been a job that has been long overdue). I'm no gardening fan but the place looks absolutely lovely and I'm chuffed to bits with how it looks.

So will anyone else be getting their fingers green over the coming weeks to get their gardens into shape for summer?"

Definitely! We aren't great gardeners but live in a quiet village with a field at the bottom of our garden with horses in - when the garden looks nice and the 3 dogs are running around it's just heaven! I love spring time

over a year ago

It's a must do love being out in garden especially if kids not here and be in the buff

over a year ago

I actually bought 2 plants for my room. But they won't last long. I have a habit of forgetting to water em

over a year ago

"I actually bought 2 plants for my room. But they won't last long. I have a habit of forgetting to water em "

Yes tosh that would be a problem

over a year ago

"I actually bought 2 plants for my room. But they won't last long. I have a habit of forgetting to water em

Yes tosh that would be a problem "

it is. I am getting a bit of a reputation as a plant murderer x

over a year ago

"I actually bought 2 plants for my room. But they won't last long. I have a habit of forgetting to water em

Yes tosh that would be a problem it is. I am getting a bit of a reputation as a plant murderer x"

It's not the only reputation buddy lol

over a year ago

Yes tosh that would be a problem it is. I am getting a bit of a reputation as a plant murderer x

It's not the only reputation buddy lol"

haha I won't ask

By *onyneMan
over a year ago

Newcastle

I had a window box but had it paved...

over a year ago

Yeah just sorting my pond for spring put some bulbs round it and planted some veg .water change and maintenance for spring .bring on the warmer weather

over a year ago

"love pottering in the garden - this year is to try and get the grass more grass and less moss and s - we used to have a bunny so could never put feed and type stuff on

Google growing solutions they supply stuff for lawns . They supply to football grounds golf courses etc good stuff and not to expensive they sell to public too"

thanks will look into that

over a year ago

Yes tosh that would be a problem it is. I am getting a bit of a reputation as a plant murderer x

It's not the only reputation buddy lol haha I won't ask "

Best not . Don't be late in the morning it's my que for nearly home time

over a year ago

It's not the only reputation buddy lol haha I won't ask

Best not . Don't be late in the morning it's my que for nearly home time "

not at work in morning mate. So lie in for me I hope. So someone else will do it

over a year ago

It's not the only reputation buddy lol haha I won't ask

Best not . Don't be late in the morning it's my que for nearly home time not at work in morning mate. So lie in for me I hope. So someone else will do it "

Lazy or lucky sod

By *onbons_xxMan
over a year ago

Bolton

My patch of garden had overgrown so much that it's needing a lot of work. Trying to do houseplants and herbs (the cooking variety ) instead and I just can't seem to keep them alive

Maybe will stick to the odd bunch of flowers for some fauna.

over a year ago

I spent 20 years working on my garden give or take a few when I was too ill to do anything. 1 year after I left it was a wilderness. I'm taking my grandchildren to a garden centre over Easter for some strawberry plants and herbs for their garden.

over a year ago

I'd be lost without my garden it means I'd have to sit and talk to the Mrs more lol my grandson calls the veg patch grandads garden bless him

over a year ago

Yes tosh that would be a problem it is. I am getting a bit of a reputation as a plant murderer x"

think of them as forum buddies - tend to them daily

over a year ago

think of them as forum buddies - tend to them daily "

you mean soend hours perving at em ?

over a year ago

think of them as forum buddies - tend to them daily you mean soend hours perving at em ? "

and chatting to them - you never forget them

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

I ignore my little garden completely. At the moment I can't even get to it as the door is blocked.

I did buy some flowers for my little office though.

Post new Message to Thread