Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Alps plane crash.

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Authorities are saying it appears that the pilot deliberately crashed the aircraft.

What is that all about ?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
Forum Mod

over a year ago

I just heard this too

Shocking news

over a year ago

Co - pilot , the pilot left the cockpit and left him in charge. Then it appears he crashed the plane.

over a year ago

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/pilot-locked-crash-jets-cockpit-report-045458811.html?vp=1#4m7Qtk3

over a year ago

Pilot locked out and plane deliberately dived into mountains by co-pilot!

Wow those poor people must have gone though 8 minutes of pure terror as they tried in vain to open the cockpit door.

Tragedy of the highest order.

over a year ago

I can't imagine how horrible that would have been for the passengers.

over a year ago

Authorities are loathe to use the word suicide because it freaks out the public

over a year ago

Wonder if they change the locking system to allow over ride from outside now.

over a year ago

Terrorist or Suicide it is heartbreaking news.

I wonder what the co-pilot's religion and ethnicity was?

over a year ago

"Terrorist or Suicide it is heartbreaking news.

"

They are ruling out terrorism at the moment.

over a year ago

They are ruling out terrorism at the moment. "

Yes I suppose if it were terrorism the plane would have been crashed into an urban area. Thankful for small mercies.

over a year ago

Not sure what to think on this to be honest, its truly shocking news and feel awful for the passengers.

Although they would of gone through the worst emotions imaginable they would not of known a thing about impact it would of been instant.

Hopefully they will get to the bottom of this and bring some closure for the relatives

over a year ago

His name sounds European:

Andreas Lubitz, 28,

over a year ago

"

You do know thst terrorists are not one specific religion and ethnicity don't you?

over a year ago

"I can't imagine how horrible that would have been for the passengers. "

It's impossible to imagine, truly awful

So very sad

Forum Mod

over a year ago

I don't know how they can call a situation like that suicide

It's mass murder

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
over a year ago

in Lancashire

"Wonder if they change the locking system to allow over ride from outside now."

Would certainly think they need to have a method of doing so..

very sad news..

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

WTF what was he thinking...fair enough kill yourself by all means if you feel that you can't carry on but to kill a plane load of people as well is just wrong.

over a year ago

i just feel really sad for all the families involved in this tragedy

over a year ago

This also happened a few years back. A Japanese pilot got himself into severe debt thought gambling. He locked his co-pilot out, disconnected the black boxes and nose dived into a lake. The investigators took ages to figure it out as they put all their efforts into mechanical thinking it impossible that a pilot could do such a thing.

Sheer utter cowardice. And correct it's not suicide, it is mass murder.

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

"i just feel really sad for all the families involved in this tragedy

"

It's been on the local news a lot as one of the passengers was from the Black Country it's so sad you see a picture with him and his wife and kids.

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

"This also happened a few years back. A Japanese pilot got himself into severe debt thought gambling. He locked his co-pilot out, disconnected the black boxes and nose dived into a lake. The investigators took ages to figure it out as they put all their efforts into mechanical thinking it impossible that a pilot could do such a thing.

Sheer utter cowardice. And correct it's not suicide, it is mass murder. "

I remember watching something and they are saying it's becoming disturbing common for pilots to end their life this way.

Forum Mod

over a year ago

"WTF what was he thinking...fair enough kill yourself by all means if you feel that you can't carry on but to kill a plane load of people as well is just wrong. "

You have got to be seriously fucked up

over a year ago

when i first saw the news report about the audio apparently revealing 1 pilot was locked out the cockpit and couldnt get back in my first thought was maybe a suicidal pilot

By *stwo80Couple
over a year ago

yorkshire

They need to look at the orher two that went down in odd circumstances, connection maybe ???

By *stwo80Couple
over a year ago

yorkshire

Shades of "The Following " ??

over a year ago

"i just feel really sad for all the families involved in this tragedy

"

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
over a year ago

in Lancashire

"They need to look at the orher two that went down in odd circumstances, connection maybe ???"

possibly..

not sure they have recovered the black boxes and data flight recorders for those..

does make one wonder why that information as well as being stored on board cant also be transmitted to allow for when they cant locate the plane..

over a year ago

"They need to look at the orher two that went down in odd circumstances, connection maybe ???"

I'd heard that theory before. That there was some crazy fucked up plot with pilots just taking planes down. If you think about how successful that would be at slowly causing painful chaos .... It's true "terror"

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

"WTF what was he thinking...fair enough kill yourself by all means if you feel that you can't carry on but to kill a plane load of people as well is just wrong.

You have got to be seriously fucked up "

I just think it's all wrong and sad I really feel for all the families involved

over a year ago

Certainly makes me think twice before booking a foreign holiday

He was a German citizen , no terrorist links .

Just goes to show how fragile our life can be ....

So sad for the families who have lost loved ones and seriously can't get my head round why he felt he needed to murder so many to get what he wanted

over a year ago

I believe all modern planes are fly by wire technology?.

If so can't they just put a programme into the computer to stop the plane from being crashed!.

Or is that not doable

over a year ago

"WTF what was he thinking...fair enough kill yourself by all means if you feel that you can't carry on but to kill a plane load of people as well is just wrong.

I just think it's all wrong and sad I really feel for all the families involved "

+ 1

By *innamon!Woman
over a year ago

no matter

Oh dear.. what sad findings.. Things will have to be changed again now I guess.

How dreadful

over a year ago

+ 1 "

I think that paragraph needs rethinking.

He clearly is fucked up as he's considering killing himself an act that by definition means your not thinking straight!. You can hardly expect somebody in that state of mind to be considerate to others?

over a year ago

"I believe all modern planes are fly by wire technology?.

If so can't they just put a programme into the computer to stop the plane from being crashed!.

Or is that not doable"

There are many technologies available but sadly costs are more of a premium than human life. When will we learn?

By *inaTitzTV/TS
over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

Or is that not doable

There are many technologies available but sadly costs are more of a premium than human life. When will we learn?"

I guess there is also the possibility of some bright spark hacking it, ala Die Hard 2

over a year ago

+ 1 .

He clearly is fucked up as he's considering killing himself an act that by definition means your not thinking straight!. You can hardly expect somebody in that state of mind to be considerate to others?"

Well I have thought about it and most people who are fucked up and not thinking straight might consider commiting suicide but not want to kill anyone else.

over a year ago

Or is that not doable

There are many technologies available but sadly costs are more of a premium than human life. When will we learn?

I guess there is also the possibility of some bright spark hacking it, ala Die Hard 2 "

You can hack a plane today! Putting that software in makes no difference whatsoever.

Fly by wire basically means all the components the pilot uses just go to a computer that then moves whatever flap as the joystick indicated etc etc.

The plane in reality is being flown by the computer all the time.

over a year ago

+ 1 .

He clearly is fucked up as he's considering killing himself an act that by definition means your not thinking straight!. You can hardly expect somebody in that state of mind to be considerate to others?

Well I have thought about it and most people who are fucked up and not thinking straight might consider commiting suicide but not want to kill anyone else."

What bit of the fucked up mind stays in charge of morality then!.

You've either gone mad or you haven't.

By *carineMan
over a year ago

Armthorpe, Doncaster

In Life, when one door closes behind you, it becomes hard to open it again...

over a year ago

Absolutely awful news

over a year ago

"They need to look at the orher two that went down in odd circumstances, connection maybe ???

possibly..

not sure they have recovered the black boxes and data flight recorders for those..

does make one wonder why that information as well as being stored on board cant also be transmitted to allow for when they cant locate the plane.."

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

+ 1 .

He clearly is fucked up as he's considering killing himself an act that by definition means your not thinking straight!. You can hardly expect somebody in that state of mind to be considerate to others?"

Who knows its early days in the investigations and we don't really know what his mental state it but what we do know is the are 100's of people who won't see their loved ones come home alive. Including the co-pilots family they will have to forever live with the fact that their son did this and I feel for them.

over a year ago

Surely it's still just a theory. The co-pliot may have collapsed at the controls.

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

Media going mad overhere as sure they must be everywhere and at this moment the common theme is that the co-pilot appeared to have deliberately locked out the pilot.

over a year ago

"Surely it's still just a theory. The co-pliot may have collapsed at the controls. "

They think that is impossible, given the actions. He needed to make several turns of controls to send the plane into a steady downward trajectory, apparently, as well as consciously locking the door and overriding the pilot's repeated attempts to gain access to the cockpit

By *obbytupperMan
over a year ago

Menston near Ilkley

"Surely it's still just a theory. The co-pliot may have collapsed at the controls. "

Exactly this! Everyone is jumping to the conclusion that the pilot was concious when this happened, perhaps he wasn't?

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

"WTF what was he thinking...fair enough kill yourself by all means if you feel that you can't carry on but to kill a plane load of people as well is just wrong. "

But if he was feeling suicidal will he have rational thoughts?

over a year ago

No the German authority's have said they can hear him making alterations, pressing buttons and even breathing.

They seem relatively sure it was on purpose

over a year ago

"Surely it's still just a theory. The co-pliot may have collapsed at the controls.

Exactly this! Everyone is jumping to the conclusion that the pilot was concious when this happened, perhaps he wasn't? "

No one is jumping to conclusions. The experts say the plane couldn't make some of the moves it made without being done manually. The co pilot locked the pilot out. The intercom recordings have been listened to and the pilot is desperately trying to get back in the cockpit. The recordings show that the co pilot was breathing normally right up until impact.

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

"Surely it's still just a theory. The co-pliot may have collapsed at the controls.

Exactly this! Everyone is jumping to the conclusion that the pilot was concious when this happened, perhaps he wasn't?

No one is jumping to conclusions. The experts say the plane couldn't make some of the moves it made without being done manually. The co pilot locked the pilot out. The intercom recordings have been listened to and the pilot is desperately trying to get back in the cockpit. The recordings show that the co pilot was breathing normally right up until impact. "

Ah I did not see that there were two threads on this... I just heard on the German news that there is only one explanation as the co-pilot must have overridden the outside access... and that was the deliberate crashing of the plane.

over a year ago

They were also quick to say the co pilot was alone in the cockpit, ruling out being forced or the plane being taken over by a terrorist/madman.

Before they knew the suspected outcome of this, the parents of the co pilot were travelling with the victims families.

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

But if he was feeling suicidal will he have rational thoughts?"

Like I said above I can't give you an answer as his mental health status If any is undisclosed who knows what the fuck went on.

Forum Mod

over a year ago

"

No one is jumping to conclusions. The experts say the plane couldn't make some of the moves it made without being done manually. The co pilot locked the pilot out. The intercom recordings have been listened to and the pilot is desperately trying to get back in the cockpit. The recordings show that the co pilot was breathing normally right up until impact. "

That is pretty chilling

over a year ago

"They were also quick to say the co pilot was alone in the cockpit, ruling out being forced or the plane being taken over by a terrorist/madman.

Before they knew the suspected outcome of this, the parents of the co pilot were travelling with the victims families.

"

But why shouldn't they? They are still parents of a victim of the crash. Even if the guy did do it on purpose, his parents aren't to blame.

over a year ago

Hadn't read the updates when I posted. Last I read, it just said the pilot was locked out as far as they knew.

over a year ago

Bastard !!

By *ath_Neil_bifunCouple
over a year ago

near cardiff

You do know thst terrorists are not one specific religion and ethnicity don't you?

"

I thought all terrorists were Muslims who aren't white!

I think you just blew my tiny little mind

over a year ago

Well we can guess that if what is being said is correct this was a premeditated act.

He managed to mislead all his colleagues into believing he was fit and healthy, otherwise they wouldn't have allowed him on the plane.

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

Thing is there appears at the moment only one explanation and that is the co pilot deliberately prevented the pilot from re entering the cockpit while on the descent.

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

"Well we can guess that if what is being said is correct this was a premeditated act.

He managed to mislead all his colleagues into believing he was fit and healthy, otherwise they wouldn't have allowed him on the plane."

The weird thing is there is apparently a gap in his flying career where he was not on flying duty and so far there has been no comment as to the reasons why...

over a year ago

"They were also quick to say the co pilot was alone in the cockpit, ruling out being forced or the plane being taken over by a terrorist/madman.

But why shouldn't they? They are still parents of a victim of the crash. Even if the guy did do it on purpose, his parents aren't to blame. "

I agree but with grief running so high, it doesn't take much to imagine how some may react.

over a year ago

No one is jumping to conclusions. The experts say the plane couldn't make some of the moves it made without being done manually. The co pilot locked the pilot out. The intercom recordings have been listened to and the pilot is desperately trying to get back in the cockpit. The recordings show that the co pilot was breathing normally right up until impact.

Ah I did not see that there were two threads on this... I just heard on the German news that there is only one explanation as the co-pilot must have overridden the outside access... and that was the deliberate crashing of the plane."

Not sure how 2 posts are running I was told cant have two on same thing .. Could he of just passed out ... would override just come on after a time ... see we don't know and we are all guessing really ... Them poor poor souls on that plane and my heart go out to their families and friends .

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

Ah I did not see that there were two threads on this... I just heard on the German news that there is only one explanation as the co-pilot must have overridden the outside access... and that was the deliberate crashing of the plane.Not sure how 2 posts are running I was told cant have two on same thing .. Could he of just passed out ... would override just come on after a time ... see we don't know and we are all guessing really ... Them poor poor souls on that plane and my heart go out to their families and friends ."

Here they are saying the passengers would not have known much and died instantly but I cannot believe that would tally with the pilot trying for several minutes to kick down the door to the cockpit?

over a year ago

Ah I did not see that there were two threads on this... I just heard on the German news that there is only one explanation as the co-pilot must have overridden the outside access... and that was the deliberate crashing of the plane.Not sure how 2 posts are running I was told cant have two on same thing .. Could he of just passed out ... would override just come on after a time ... see we don't know and we are all guessing really ... Them poor poor souls on that plane and my heart go out to their families and friends ."

No, to override the controls it is an independent act, no accident.

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

Ah I did not see that there were two threads on this... I just heard on the German news that there is only one explanation as the co-pilot must have overridden the outside access... and that was the deliberate crashing of the plane.Not sure how 2 posts are running I was told cant have two on same thing .. Could he of just passed out ... would override just come on after a time ... see we don't know and we are all guessing really ... Them poor poor souls on that plane and my heart go out to their families and friends .

No, to override the controls it is an independent act, no accident."

That is becoming the main focus - it could not have been accidental!

over a year ago

"Media going mad overhere as sure they must be everywhere and at this moment the common theme is that the co-pilot appeared to have deliberately locked out the pilot."

German tv says he has suffered from depression for a few years! Why didn't the airline pick up on this ?? X

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

"Media going mad overhere as sure they must be everywhere and at this moment the common theme is that the co-pilot appeared to have deliberately locked out the pilot.

German tv says he has suffered from depression for a few years! Why didn't the airline pick up on this ?? X"

I heard that but apparently they are waiting for an official statement and Lufthansa/ german wings have not made a statement yet?

over a year ago

We will probably never know the full truth or the reason why because the only one who has the answers has now taken his secret to the grave along with all those's other poor souls.

But it seems likely it was a act of intentional mass murder now.

By *ath_Neil_bifunCouple
over a year ago

near cardiff

"Media going mad overhere as sure they must be everywhere and at this moment the common theme is that the co-pilot appeared to have deliberately locked out the pilot.

German tv says he has suffered from depression for a few years! Why didn't the airline pick up on this ?? X"

How do you know they hadn't?

over a year ago

Approximately in 4 people suffer from mental health issues. Just because someone suffers with depression doesn't mean that they will commit suicide and certainly not in such horrific circumstances. Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

over a year ago

German tv says he has suffered from depression for a few years! Why didn't the airline pick up on this ?? X

Approximately in 4 people suffer from mental health issues. Just because someone suffers with depression doesn't mean that they will commit suicide and certainly not in such horrific circumstances. Hindsight is a wonderful thing."

And ruling certain professions out for those experiencing mental health issues can be seen as essential.

Common sense is a wonderful thing

over a year ago

Airline pilots are known to be heavy drinkers, drink is a depresant.

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

Like I said above I can't give you an answer as his mental health status If any is undisclosed who knows what the fuck went on. "

I didn't ask you his mental health history as that would have been stupid as you don't know him....I was asking as a general question

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

"Airline pilots are known to be heavy drinkers, drink is a depresant."

Out of curiosity where did you obtain this information?

over a year ago

"Airline pilots are known to be heavy drinkers, drink is a depresant."

Bit of a sweeping generalisation?

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

Like I said above I can't give you an answer as his mental health status If any is undisclosed who knows what the fuck went on.

I didn't ask you his mental health history as that would have been stupid as you don't know him....I was asking as a general question"

Every person who commits suicide has a different level of rationality some are fully aware of their actions and intent when carrying out the act and do think rationally to a point.

over a year ago

If somebody's nuts there no more responsible for that terrible accident as you or I.

There nuts plain and simple, not evil or wicked or out to get you.. There brain isn't working correctly that's why there committing suicide

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

I didn't ask you his mental health history as that would have been stupid as you don't know him....I was asking as a general question

Every person who commits suicide has a different level of rationality some are fully aware of their actions and intent when carrying out the act and do think rationally to a point. "

Ah right, thanks

over a year ago

Approximately in 4 people suffer from mental health issues. Just because someone suffers with depression doesn't mean that they will commit suicide and certainly not in such horrific circumstances. Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

And ruling certain professions out for those experiencing mental health issues can be seen as essential.

Common sense is a wonderful thing "

So what would be an acceptable level of depression for someone to be able to fly? And what other jobs should depressed people be banned from?

I repeat that depression does not eqaute to suicidal.

I'm not making excuses for the co-pilot but stigmatising all people with mental health issues with uninformed kneejerk comments doesn;t really help.

over a year ago

I used to listen to the tommy boyd show on talk radio and there was a pilot on there who was obviously d*unk and afterwards tommy said it was enough to put anyone off flying and he thought it was funny and made a joke about it and not long after I heard in the news that airline pilots suffered from stress and a lot were heavy drinkers also I met a pilot on another site who had been drinking when he met me and when he got to my house, which doesn't usualy happen as its in the daytime although he did come by taxi.

over a year ago

"I used to listen to the tommy boyd show on talk radio and there was a pilot on there who was obviously d*unk and afterwards tommy said it was enough to put anyone off flying and he thought it was funny and made a joke about it and not long after I heard in the news that airline pilots suffered from stress and a lot were heavy drinkers also I met a pilot on another site who had been drinking when he met me and when he got to my house, which doesn't usualy happen as its in the daytime although he did come by taxi."

Stressful jobs lead to mental health issues and I reckon drinking slightly more than average is par for the course!

There's a great big jump to flying your plane into a mountain though!

over a year ago

All it is is speculation at this point.

People are wanting answers.

At this moment in time any credible answer will do.

By *carineMan
over a year ago

Armthorpe, Doncaster

God helps those who Alp themselves.

over a year ago

"God helps those who Alp themselves."

Poor taste.

over a year ago

Also rational thinking yeah I'm thinking rationally now coz I'm thinking about watching corrie or going into my shed and having a cigar and a glass of wine while fucking around with homemade diesel .. That's naughty i know

Now if I was thinking about going out into my shed and setting with my glass of wine and setting off my homemade nuclear bomb... That's irrational.

Ones an act of a brain that's had some outside influence of alcohol.

Ones the act of a brain that's gone dollally and is no longer thinking rationally.

Ps it's also why they don't let people build nuclear bombs in their shed

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

"I used to listen to the tommy boyd show on talk radio and there was a pilot on there who was obviously d*unk and afterwards tommy said it was enough to put anyone off flying and he thought it was funny and made a joke about it and not long after I heard in the news that airline pilots suffered from stress and a lot were heavy drinkers also I met a pilot on another site who had been drinking when he met me and when he got to my house, which doesn't usualy happen as its in the daytime although he did come by taxi."

Well there we go....conclusive proof!! One pilot on some random show and a guy who perhaps needed a bit of Dutch courage to fuck someone!

over a year ago

"I used to listen to the tommy boyd show on talk radio and there was a pilot on there who was obviously d*unk and afterwards tommy said it was enough to put anyone off flying and he thought it was funny and made a joke about it and not long after I heard in the news that airline pilots suffered from stress and a lot were heavy drinkers also I met a pilot on another site who had been drinking when he met me and when he got to my house, which doesn't usualy happen as its in the daytime although he did come by taxi.

Well there we go....conclusive proof!! One pilot on some random show and a guy who perhaps needed a bit of Dutch courage to fuck someone!"

how come you get so angry, try reading the whole post not just the bits you like.

By *onbons_xxMan
over a year ago

Bolton

It's sad, I feel for the families of all those involved

Rational suicide seems to be in the news too with the Clark Carlyle story too, and I don't understand the rationale of harming so many others (if suicide was the case) in order to end their own life. The reason given seems to be that the sufferers seem to think that it would be better for everyone if they were not alive. There must be a thought process in that decision making, i don't think it's an impulsive call. At the end of it all one person's thinking has killed many and hurt a lot more, it's very sad.

over a year ago

"God helps those who Alp themselves."

Seriously?...

over a year ago

"It's sad, I feel for the families of all those involved

Rational suicide seems to be in the news too with the Clark Carlyle story too, and I don't understand the rationale of harming so many others (if suicide was the case) in order to end their own life. The reason given seems to be that the sufferers seem to think that it would be better for everyone if they were not alive. There must be a thought process in that decision making, i don't think it's an impulsive call. At the end of it all one person's thinking has killed many and hurt a lot more, it's very sad. "

I think rational suicide is more like people going to dignitas in Switzerland with terminal illnesses.

I guess there's some rationality to it.

Flying your plane and passengers into a mountain is irrational in my rational thinking mind, which means to me the guy was obviously nuts!

over a year ago

Rational suicide seems to be in the news too with the Clark Carlyle story too, and I don't understand the rationale of harming so many others (if suicide was the case) in order to end their own life. The reason given seems to be that the sufferers seem to think that it would be better for everyone if they were not alive. There must be a thought process in that decision making, i don't think it's an impulsive call. At the end of it all one person's thinking has killed many and hurt a lot more, it's very sad. .

I think rational suicide is more like people going to dignitas in Switzerland with terminal illnesses.

Flying your plane and passengers into a mountain is irrational in my rational thinking mind, which means to me the guy was obviously nuts!"

Rational enough to wait until the cockpit was empty, switch the temporary cabin door lock on. Appear normal enough to fool his work colleagues that he was fine.

If this pilot had left before or after when he did this person would have guided the plane into

A town ?

A village ?

A city ?

Or maybe a field ?

The mountain just happened to be the point that he could carry this act out.

He waited to kill... This was some irrational act

I'm convinced if the pilot had not left him alone during this flight, he would have waited for another day, and its entirely possible he did just that.

I'm struggling to understand this, this irrational person didn't make one mistake during his act, he had it all covered, for me it comes across as though he had rehearsed this in his mind.

over a year ago

Rational suicide seems to be in the news too with the Clark Carlyle story too, and I don't understand the rationale of harming so many others (if suicide was the case) in order to end their own life. The reason given seems to be that the sufferers seem to think that it would be better for everyone if they were not alive. There must be a thought process in that decision making, i don't think it's an impulsive call. At the end of it all one person's thinking has killed many and hurt a lot more, it's very sad. .

Flying your plane and passengers into a mountain is irrational in my rational thinking mind, which means to me the guy was obviously nuts!

Rational enough to wait until the cockpit was empty, switch the temporary cabin door lock on. Appear normal enough to fool his work colleagues that he was fine.

If this pilot had left before or after when he did this person would have guided the plane into

A town ?

A village ?

A city ?

Or maybe a field ?

I'm convinced if the pilot had not left him alone during this flight, he would have waited for another day, and its entirely possible he did just that.

I'm struggling to understand this, this irrational person didn't make one mistake during his act, he had it all covered, for me it comes across as though he had rehearsed this in his mind.

"

People who are nuts are very good at calculating actions.

Look at most serial killers

over a year ago

"

Look at most serial killers"

How come they keep getting caught then? ...

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

Whether it was rational not rational it still doesn't make the event right. I doubt anyone could of foreseen this or changed the course of events but 149 people died at the hands of someone who was in a trusted position to help fly the plane.

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

"

How come they keep getting caught then? ... "

Compliancy usually

over a year ago

A town ?

A village ?

A city ?

Or maybe a field ?

Look at most serial killers"

Good point, let's hope they don't start flying planes!

over a year ago

A town ?

A village ?

A city ?

Or maybe a field ?

Good point, let's hope they don't start flying planes!"

Maybe some are already!.

It's a terrible tragedy on every level, and one I feel seems to be very preventable if we actually tried to solve the issues

over a year ago

"

How come they keep getting caught then? ... "

Psychologicaly hey want to get caught to show off there cleverness in avoiding detection for so long. But there are several who never are caught

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

"

How come they keep getting caught then? ... .

Psychologicaly hey want to get caught to show off there cleverness in avoiding detection for so long. But there are several who never are caught"

Like Jack the ripper

over a year ago

"

How come they keep getting caught then? ... .

Psychologicaly hey want to get caught to show off there cleverness in avoiding detection for so long. But there are several who never are caught

Like Jack the ripper "

or the zodiac killer in the states or bible John in Scotland.

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

They must have been petrified xx those poor poor souls.

over a year ago

"They must have been petrified xx those poor poor souls."

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

There are still unanswered questions regarding the reasons behind the co-pilot's break from flying, his relatively low number of flying hours and of course, if this could have been prevented. In Germany, many people seem to believe that this could not have been prevented once the co-pilot was behind the controls - as people said above, if not on this occasion the co-pilot would have found another opportunity .

What may remain unsolved are the genuine reasons behind the action. We may learn of undiagnosed (or extremely well covered) mental health issues, we may hear that he was a true psychopath with no empathy for others, we may hear variations on a theme.

What really went on in his head as he heard the pilot was trying to break down the door, when he heard screaming people who realised the imminent disaster, we will never know.

I do feel for everybody, including the co-pilot's parents.

over a year ago

"There are still unanswered questions regarding the reasons behind the co-pilot's break from flying, his relatively low number of flying hours and of course, if this could have been prevented. In Germany, many people seem to believe that this could not have been prevented once the co-pilot was behind the controls - as people said above, if not on this occasion the co-pilot would have found another opportunity .

What may remain unsolved are the genuine reasons behind the action. We may learn of undiagnosed (or extremely well covered) mental health issues, we may hear that he was a true psychopath with no empathy for others, we may hear variations on a theme.

What really went on in his head as he heard the pilot was trying to break down the door, when he heard screaming people who realised the imminent disaster, we will never know.

"

A psychopath won't kill themselves: they value themselves too highly. More likely a severe depression causing an act like this where self destruction is of paramount importance, possibly combined with a _iew that the others are better off not living in such a terrible world

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

back to something that is law in the us, that isn't law in europe...

there must be two people in the cockpit at all times....

which means that if one of the pilots leave the cockpit, then another member of the cabin crew must take their place

not the case in europe....... and it bet that changes on most european airlines by the end of the week.......

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

"There are still unanswered questions regarding the reasons behind the co-pilot's break from flying, his relatively low number of flying hours and of course, if this could have been prevented. In Germany, many people seem to believe that this could not have been prevented once the co-pilot was behind the controls - as people said above, if not on this occasion the co-pilot would have found another opportunity .

A psychopath won't kill themselves: they value themselves too highly. More likely a severe depression causing an act like this where self destruction is of paramount importance, possibly combined with a _iew that the others are better off not living in such a terrible world"

I agree with the latter part of your statement re the belief about being better off not being in this world can be a reason for such acts - although of course, we don 't know. It seems that everybody who knew him has nothing but positive things to say about him and his love for flying.

over a year ago

"back to something that is law in the us, that isn't law in europe...

which means that if one of the pilots leave the cockpit, then another member of the cabin crew must take their place

not the case in europe....... and it bet that changes on most european airlines by the end of the week......."

Easyjet have announced they are starting as of tomorrow

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

"back to something that is law in the us, that isn't law in europe...

not the case in europe....... and it bet that changes on most european airlines by the end of the week......."

Several European countries are talking aboutimplementing the changes very soon - lufthansa has not quite come this far but I cannot see them upholding this under the circumstances.

over a year ago

A psychopath won't kill themselves: they value themselves too highly. More likely a severe depression causing an act like this where self destruction is of paramount importance, possibly combined with a _iew that the others are better off not living in such a terrible world

I agree with the latter part of your statement re the belief about being better off not being in this world can be a reason for such acts - although of course, we don 't know. It seems that everybody who knew him has nothing but positive things to say about him and his love for flying. "

I'm sure they will delve deeply into his whole life: the truth may be hidden in the break he had from flying. Let's hope they get to the bottom of it

Post new Message to Thread