Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Arranging meets/socials

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

How often do you send a message asking to meet someone new, Daily/Weekly or just when you know you have some free time, Or like me you have to have been chatting for a number of weeks before you would consider meeting them,

I haven't sent any for a long time now, Most of the messages I send is just general chatting relating to the forums/Status updates and new pictures

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *oxy_minxWoman
over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

I also take my time getting to know someone before any meet, even a social.

So yes chatting for a few weeks is my preferred method

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Not too often....most of my gibbering here is done on the forums, that's developed into a few conversations and a couple of vaguely planned meets some time in the future, nowt set in stone though.

I'm pretty relaxed about meeting up with folk...as and when ya know...

It's extremely rare I'll message just looking for a meet, I tend to allow the conversation to get round to that rather than pushing for it...

over a year ago

I never usually ask to meet someone,it's not in my personality to do so. When a man contacts me on here I like to talk for a while before agreeing to anything,even a drink. Sometimes I have been asked to go for a drink which has then turned into I'll pick you up and we can just chat in the car. I like to know up front if that's all he has in mind.

By *eedelightsWoman
over a year ago

London

"I also take my time getting to know someone before any meet, even a social.

So yes chatting for a few weeks is my preferred method "

This for me

By *histler21Man
over a year ago

Ipswich

"How often do you send a message asking to meet someone new, Daily/Weekly or just when you know you have some free time, Or like me you have to have been chatting for a number of weeks before you would consider meeting them,

I haven't sent any for a long time now, Most of the messages I send is just general chatting relating to the forums/Status updates and new pictures"

I never ask for a meet outright. I prefer to get to know someone by chatting first - so I know we will hit it off when we first meet. It may take me a little longer to meet people - but I think the effort is worth it.

Than again - I'm a bloke - so I can't just say: I'm free ... and expect people to instantly jump.

over a year ago

I chat for just a few mails then arrange a social quickly if we get on. I don't want to waste their time- we meet in person, if we like each other then great. If not, no-one's time is wasted from mailing for ages.

over a year ago

"I chat for just a few mails then arrange a social quickly if we get on. I don't want to waste their time- we meet in person, if we like each other then great. If not, no-one's time is wasted from mailing for ages. "

see, I don't see mailing for ages as a waste of time, it's more a time filler and getting to know you all in one. It takes a military operation for me to arrange any sort of meet so I have to be pretty damn certain about someone when I agree to meet.

over a year ago

"I chat for just a few mails then arrange a social quickly if we get on. I don't want to waste their time- we meet in person, if we like each other then great. If not, no-one's time is wasted from mailing for ages.

see, I don't see mailing for ages as a waste of time, it's more a time filler and getting to know you all in one. It takes a military operation for me to arrange any sort of meet so I have to be pretty damn certain about someone when I agree to meet."

I'm crap at sussing people out over mails, I'm better in person. I just mean it's a waste of time for me. It works for some people.

over a year ago

"I also take my time getting to know someone before any meet, even a social.

So yes chatting for a few weeks is my preferred method

This for me "

Ditto

over a year ago

I have changed my thinking on this, I used to message for weeks then a social and then if we clicked then arrange a proper meet.

Now provided close enough it's message social meet all very quickly.

Beats talking to someone for weeks and then when you do eventually meet realise you don't click.

By *0hnnyBrav0Man
over a year ago

Great Wyrley

To be fair I don't offer to meet. I find I don't have enought time to meet all the requests.

A lot of ladies here on fab are stalkers and just won't take no for an answer Lololol

Forum Mod

over a year ago

"I chat for just a few mails then arrange a social quickly if we get on. I don't want to waste their time- we meet in person, if we like each other then great. If not, no-one's time is wasted from mailing for ages.

see, I don't see mailing for ages as a waste of time, it's more a time filler and getting to know you all in one. It takes a military operation for me to arrange any sort of meet so I have to be pretty damn certain about someone when I agree to meet."

over a year ago

Yep, I like to chat for a while before a meet, give both parties ample suss time before a face to face.

By *ENDAROOSCouple
over a year ago

South West London / Surrey

see, I don't see mailing for ages as a waste of time, it's more a time filler and getting to know you all in one. It takes a military operation for me to arrange any sort of meet so I have to be pretty damn certain about someone when I agree to meet.

"

Another

By *igeiaWoman
over a year ago

Bristol

"I don't see mailing for ages as a waste of time, it's more a time filler and getting to know you all in one. It takes a military operation for me to arrange any sort of meet so I have to be pretty damn certain about someone when I agree to meet"

Exactly this for me as well. I rarely talk to people for a long time or often unless I know I want to meet them eventually. When I know I'll have free time to arrange something and it's possible geographically I'll let them know I may be free and take it from there.

over a year ago

Chat for a while, then social then meet.

Either a few messages over a long period of time or intense messaging for a couple of days and then the need for a quick social before ripping their clothes off.

And possibly somewhere inbetween too.

over a year ago

Iv met one guy after getting chatting about a forum post, and there are 2 more that are hopefully going to make it out of the pipe line from the same, tho distance is an issue! other meets Iv had planned despite chatting for a few weeks, on phone as well as on here, I got stood up on the day, so Im just not bothering, free time is limited, Im not going to waste it sitting in costa alone!

By *layer oneMan
over a year ago

mirfield

I've been chatting to some for ages and if a meet comes out of it then great but am good just chatting with no pressure to meet

Post new Message to Thread