Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Detox

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I would like to detox for a week... Any advice on this please?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Detox what exactly?

over a year ago

A friend of mine is on the flaxseed detox. But it's three weeks

By *rank EinsteinMan
over a year ago

Burton upon stather

"I would like to detox for a week... Any advice on this please? "
Plenty of water, no caffeine, no fatty foods would seem logical? Maybe susupplemented with fruit such as blueberries for the antioxidants and fruit juice drinks for the vitamins.

Bonus round Milk of magnesium, get a good book and sit on the toilet for a few hours to flush out your system.

By *est Wales WifeCouple
over a year ago

Near Carmarthen

Why?

‘Detoxing is nonsense,’ says British Dietic Association spokesperson Rick Miller. ‘It’s a complete fallacy that the body needs to detox. Removal of waste products and toxins is a continuous process and we don’t need to periodically flush them out. The body does a perfectly good job of eliminating any substances on its own.’

over a year ago

"I would like to detox for a week... Any advice on this please? Plenty of water, no caffeine, no fatty foods would seem logical? Maybe susupplemented with fruit such as blueberries for the antioxidants and fruit juice drinks for the vitamins.

Bonus round Milk of magnesium, get a good book and sit on the toilet for a few hours to flush out your system."

You can't have milk or fruit juices on a detox. Try the cabbage soup diet (gives you headache though) or carol vorderman has a good one. You should google and see which one best suits you, there's so many out there. Alternatively eat lots of fish, white meat, veg and fruit. Only drink water or black tea and coffee but they must be decaffeinated. No processed food or alcohol. Good luck x

over a year ago

"I would like to detox for a week... Any advice on this please? Plenty of water, no caffeine, no fatty foods would seem logical? Maybe susupplemented with fruit such as blueberries for the antioxidants and fruit juice drinks for the vitamins.

Bonus round Milk of magnesium, get a good book and sit on the toilet for a few hours to flush out your system.

You can't have milk or fruit juices on a detox. Try the cabbage soup diet (gives you headache though) or carol vorderman has a good one. You should google and see which one best suits you, there's so many out there. Alternatively eat lots of fish, white meat, veg and fruit. Only drink water or black tea and coffee but they must be decaffeinated. No processed food or alcohol. Good luck x"

Cabbage yuck.. I will stick to salmon, chicken, veg and fruit. Cut out sweets, biscuits, processed foods and alcohol.

Thankyou

over a year ago

I've done the apple detox before. 3 days of drinking water and eating as many apples as you want. By day 3 though it's quite a challenge to actually face another apple!

over a year ago

"I've done the apple detox before. 3 days of drinking water and eating as many apples as you want. By day 3 though it's quite a challenge to actually face another apple!"

Just apples!?

over a year ago

"I've done the apple detox before. 3 days of drinking water and eating as many apples as you want. By day 3 though it's quite a challenge to actually face another apple!

Just apples!? "

Yep!

In the form of juice, as it is or baked.

I started off with juice for breakfast, cut up a few apples for lunch & then 2 baked for dinner.

Mmmmmm

Google it, as with anything there are positives & negatives.

over a year ago

"I've done the apple detox before. 3 days of drinking water and eating as many apples as you want. By day 3 though it's quite a challenge to actually face another apple!

Just apples!?

Yep!

I started off with juice for breakfast, cut up a few apples for lunch & then 2 baked for dinner.

Mmmmmm

Google it, as with anything there are positives & negatives."

I can't stand cooked apples so that's a no go

Did you find it helped, done Ejay you wanted?

over a year ago

"A friend of mine is on the flaxseed detox. But it's three weeks "

Too long lovely x

By *rank EinsteinMan
over a year ago

Burton upon stather

You can't have milk or fruit juices on a detox. Try the cabbage soup diet (gives you headache though) or carol vorderman has a good one. You should google and see which one best suits you, there's so many out there. Alternatively eat lots of fish, white meat, veg and fruit. Only drink water or black tea and coffee but they must be decaffeinated. No processed food or alcohol. Good luck x"

Milk magnesia isn't milk lol. It's to help with constipation. But take a couple of tea spoons of it when you don't need it to flush out your intestines.

over a year ago

Aloe Vera juice will clear out any debris from your intestinal tract.

Detox juice diets are a pointless thing.

By *verysmileMan
over a year ago

CANTERBURY

If you want to cleanse the system, whatever diet you choose, exercise will speed up the metabolic rate and burn off anything that isn't flushed away.

over a year ago

"Aloe Vera juice will clear out any debris from your intestinal tract.

Detox juice diets are a pointless thing."

Can I get that from a supermarket? Or Holland and Barrat?

over a year ago

Holland and Barratt.. The sales people are trained in there.

over a year ago

"Holland and Barratt.. The sales people are trained in there."

over a year ago

Just apples!?

Yep!

Mmmmmm

Did you find it helped, done Ejay you wanted? "

Yes it did help with digestive cleansing after a particularly heavy festive period a few years back. It's not something I would consider doing on a regular basis but sometimes you can feel your body needs some help!

over a year ago

Just apples!?

Yep!

Mmmmmm

Did you find it helped, done Ejay you wanted?

Yes it did help with digestive cleansing after a particularly heavy festive period a few years back. It's not something I would consider doing on a regular basis but sometimes you can feel your body needs some help!"

same with festive then birthday.

over a year ago

You can't have milk or fruit juices on a detox. Try the cabbage soup diet (gives you headache though) or carol vorderman has a good one. You should google and see which one best suits you, there's so many out there. Alternatively eat lots of fish, white meat, veg and fruit. Only drink water or black tea and coffee but they must be decaffeinated. No processed food or alcohol. Good luck x

Milk magnesia isn't milk lol. It's to help with constipation. But take a couple of tea spoons of it when you don't need it to flush out your intestines."

Noticed afterwards, my apologies xx

over a year ago

Just apples!?

Yep!

Mmmmmm

Google it, as with anything there are positives & negatives."

The negatives being the lack of a complete amino acid profile and the essential amino acids and so malnutrition, muscle loss, fatigue and eventually death?

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

"Why?

‘Detoxing is nonsense,’ says British Dietic Association spokesperson Rick Miller. ‘It’s a complete fallacy that the body needs to detox. Removal of waste products and toxins is a continuous process and we don’t need to periodically flush them out. The body does a perfectly good job of eliminating any substances on its own.’"

Totally agree. Detoxing is happening all the time, that's what our body, such as in our liver, is doing 24/7.

If you want to put less harmful stuff into your body, you don't need to follow a programme where some bit of fallacious woo will help you. Cut back on the poisons, such as alcohol and other nasty stuff you may consume, to give your body an easier time.

By *issHottieBottieWoman
over a year ago

Kent

Just apples!?

Yep!

Mmmmmm

The negatives being the lack of a complete amino acid profile and the essential amino acids and so malnutrition, muscle loss, fatigue and eventually death?"

Not after 3 days I shouldn't think...,

over a year ago

Just apples!?

Yep!

Mmmmmm

The negatives being the lack of a complete amino acid profile and the essential amino acids and so malnutrition, muscle loss, fatigue and eventually death?"

Errrrrr not after 3 days!!!

Post new Message to Thread