Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

I always want to type " what if I don't want to " to the demand of discuss

(closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

There's nothing to discuss, his contract is being renewed, end of.

Reply privately

By *izzy RascallMan
over a year ago

Cardiff

Which thread would you like us to discuss in, this one, the other one, the original one or all of them?

Reply privately

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Lol.be interesting to see what Hammond and may do now

Reply privately

over a year ago

You can just see ch4 or htv snapping him up now r one of the other independents

Reply privately

over a year ago

Quite right, violence at work cant be tolerated, no matter the reasons be they business or financial. He deserves everything he gets im afraid.

Apart from anything else hes an egotistical ignorant dick. ( other opinions are of course available)

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Quite right, violence at work cant be tolerated, no matter the reasons be they business or financial. He deserves everything he gets im afraid.

Apart from anything else hes an egotistical ignorant dick. ( other opinions are of course available)"

So when he lands a job presenting a job on Sky, with more _iewers than he had on top gear, and even more money, that's what he deserves? He's a dick, no doubt, but people love dicks.

Reply privately

over a year ago

My Son will be upset. But he will get over it

Reply privately

over a year ago

If there had been physical and verbal abuse like this by any other person working in the public sector the perpetrator would have been sacked not given notice that their contract won't be renewed.

That said I think he was a great presenter of Top Gear

Reply privately

over a year ago

The death of top gear... So sad..

Reply privately

Forum Mod

over a year ago

I think it's a fair decision,I don't think it'll have any detrimental effect on him or his career

I just hope the producer he had the fracas with can continue to get loads of work despite what happened

Reply privately

By *dventuroususCouple
over a year ago

sunderland

The mans a nob, that is all.

Reply privately

By *teveanddebsCouple
over a year ago

Norwich

I'm guessing it will cause the producer more career problems than JC.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I think it's a fair decision,I don't think it'll have any detrimental effect on him or his career

I just hope the producer he had the fracas with can continue to get loads of work despite what happened"

According to the official BBC statement Oisin will continue to work at the BBC.

Reply privately

over a year ago

glad to see the back of him and that stupid program whats it called oh yea Clarksons folly.. good riddance

Reply privately

Forum Mod

over a year ago

"I think it's a fair decision,I don't think it'll have any detrimental effect on him or his career

I just hope the producer he had the fracas with can continue to get loads of work despite what happened

According to the official BBC statement Oisin will continue to work at the BBC."

That's good

Reply privately

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Discuss"

that doesn't actually mean a great deal anyway... as Clarkson, May and Hammond's contracts were all actually up for renewal anyway....

all this means is that it is likely that top gear will have a new look to it with 3 new presenters in the autumn... and Clarkson, Hammond and May will likely have some "new" motoring show on ITV or Sky.......

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I'm guessing it will cause the producer more career problems than JC."

Reply privately

over a year ago

"glad to see the back of him and that stupid program whats it called oh yea Clarksons folly.. good riddance"

You are aware there are many other channels and television programs you can watch aren't you?

That's what the numbers are for on your remote...

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I always want to type " what if I don't want to " to the demand of discuss "

lol

Reply privately

over a year ago

So we now know the facts, a 20 minute verbal abuse followed by a 30 second violent attack leaving someone in hospital. He will be lucky to avoid a criminal investigation.

Sad to see Top Gear in its current format end in this way, but for the fans of the show, I'm afraid there is only one person to blame.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Discuss

that doesn't actually mean a great deal anyway... as Clarkson, May and Hammond's contracts were all actually up for renewal anyway....

all this means is that it is likely that top gear will have a new look to it with 3 new presenters in the autumn... and Clarkson, Hammond and May will likely have some "new" motoring show on ITV or Sky......."

The big rumour is that Netflix are snapping him up...

Reply privately

By *inaTitzTV/TS
over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

The relevant parts:

Mr Tymon took himself to hospital after he was subject to an "unprovoked physical and verbal attack".

"During the physical attack Oisin Tymon was struck, resulting in swelling and bleeding to his lip. The verbal abuse was sustained over a longer period, both at the time of the physical attack and subsequently."

The verbal abuse "contained the strongest expletives and threats to sack" Mr Tymon, who believed he had lost his job, Mr MacQuarrie noted in his report.

The "physical attack lasted around 30 seconds and was halted by the intervention of a witness," he added.

Announcing his decision, Lord Hall said Clarkson's dismissal was unavoidable after "a member of staff - who is a completely innocent party - took himself to Accident and Emergency after a physical altercation accompanied by sustained and prolonged verbal abuse of an extreme nature.

"For me a line has been crossed. There cannot be one rule for one and one rule for another dictated by either rank, or public relations and commercial considerations."

Reply privately

over a year ago

Mary Berry would be an ideal replacement for Clarkson she has loads of television experience and would be a calming influence why not have a female for a change

Reply privately

By *ch WellMan
over a year ago

Scotland

"glad to see the back of him and that stupid program whats it called oh yea Clarksons folly.. good riddance"

Do people who make comments like this realise how idiotic it makes them look? Use the fucking remote if you don't like it.

Reply privately

By *ch WellMan
over a year ago

Scotland

"The relevant parts:

Mr Tymon took himself to hospital after he was subject to an "unprovoked physical and verbal attack".

"During the physical attack Oisin Tymon was struck, resulting in swelling and bleeding to his lip. The verbal abuse was sustained over a longer period, both at the time of the physical attack and subsequently."

The verbal abuse "contained the strongest expletives and threats to sack" Mr Tymon, who believed he had lost his job, Mr MacQuarrie noted in his report.

The "physical attack lasted around 30 seconds and was halted by the intervention of a witness," he added.

Announcing his decision, Lord Hall said Clarkson's dismissal was unavoidable after "a member of staff - who is a completely innocent party - took himself to Accident and Emergency after a physical altercation accompanied by sustained and prolonged verbal abuse of an extreme nature.

"For me a line has been crossed. There cannot be one rule for one and one rule for another dictated by either rank, or public relations and commercial considerations."

"

He took himself to hospital with a split lip? And people wonder why A&E times are so long. What a fanny

Reply privately

over a year ago

Clear case of bullying in the workplace and whilst a fan of Clarkson I am happy the BBC didn't let star power overrule.

The poor producer is not going to be popular that's for sure.

Can't believe he went to A&E with a fat lip but wimpy.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I will defo be tuning in to Clarkson and Co's new show. I doubt I will bother with Top Gear whoever the new presenters are. Clarkson is the powerhouse behind Top Gear. I can see it fading once he leaves.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"The relevant parts:

He took himself to hospital with a split lip? And people wonder why A&E times are so long. What a fanny"

Not so much of a fanny when he files his lawsuit!

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

So when he lands a job presenting a job on Sky, with more _iewers than he had on top gear, "

That would be a frigging miracle as Sky's most popular show has ratings equivalent to BBC 2's tenth most popular show in the same week, which was top gear incidentally which only got one third the audience of the comic relief bake off show.

* Figures from BARB website for week ending March 15

Sky is the TV graveyard.

Reply privately

By *ch WellMan
over a year ago

Scotland

"The relevant parts:

He took himself to hospital with a split lip? And people wonder why A&E times are so long. What a fanny

Not so much of a fanny when he files his lawsuit!"

Idle speculation on your part?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

Idle speculation on your part?"

Yep. Either that or a deal has already been put in place.

Reply privately

By *ch WellMan
over a year ago

Scotland

"

Yep. Either that or a deal has already been put in place."

I think anyone looking for a mega money payoff for a fatlip would be told to swivel

Reply privately

By *verysmileMan
over a year ago

CANTERBURY

Reminds me of the last scene in the Jim Carrey film..."The Truman Show". Once the main character exits, the people go back to their own lives as if nothing happened.

Reply privately

By *inaTitzTV/TS
over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

I've known split lips require stitches, although there is no mention of this in the news.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Top Gear was already on the wane anyway, and the cynic in me says this was Clarkson's plan all along, he's bought himself a massive amount of publicity and support from his core "it's political correctness gone mad" fan base. Hopefully he can go off and make his programme about tractors or whatever, and people can stop banging on about it.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Discuss

all this means is that it is likely that top gear will have a new look to it with 3 new presenters in the autumn... and Clarkson, Hammond and May will likely have some "new" motoring show on ITV or Sky......."

From how it looks on his Twitter page I think May has made his mind up already.....

Reply privately

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

damn........... you just cut half of "daves" programming now.....

Reply privately

over a year ago

Can't say I'm not surprised

Reply privately

over a year ago

The BBC have tried to get themselves out of an embarrassing situation by saying he's been 'dropped' and 'they're not renewing his contract' but everyone knows what it means. He doesn't get a 'dismissed for violent conduct' on his record and they don't have to say they sacked him.

I'm not sure what to think about it all actually. The Beeb haven't had to sack him, using the 'won't be renewing his contract' get-out clause and he'll just say 'on that bombshell...' go back to his massive mansion and get a job with another tv station so not exactly learned any lessons.

Hmmmmm....

Reply privately

By *inaTitzTV/TS
over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

I'm curious as to how many of the million or so people who signed the Clarkson petition will now reconsider their support for someone who has been demonstrated to be a violent bully.

Reply privately

over a year ago

What's somewhat strange is that the Telegraph broke the story well before the official announcement and according to Clarkson, before he knew. This, combined with the leaked 'n-word' footage and the apparent comments likening him to Savile means there's a huge leak within the BBC.

Where was the leak when the BBC's biggest and brightest were abusing children?!

Reply privately

Forum Mod

over a year ago

"What's somewhat strange is that the Telegraph broke the story well before the official announcement and according to Clarkson, before he knew. This, combined with the leaked 'n-word' footage and the apparent comments likening him to Savile means there's a huge leak within the BBC.

Where was the leak when the BBC's biggest and brightest were abusing children?!"

Scared for their jobs and behaving like chicken shit cowards

Reply privately

By *nleashedCrakenMan
over a year ago

Widnes

"The relevant parts:

He took himself to hospital with a split lip? And people wonder why A&E times are so long. What a fanny"

Totally disagree. It turns out the Tymon was physically attached by Clarkson. He has every right to go and get treatment. If Clarkson, or anyone, physically attacked me, especially in a work place environment, I would not hesitate do go to the hospital to get treatment. I would also use the any medical reports as evidence when it came to the inevitable court case which, if it was me, there most definitely would be.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"What's somewhat strange is that the Telegraph broke the story well before the official announcement and according to Clarkson, before he knew. This, combined with the leaked 'n-word' footage and the apparent comments likening him to Savile means there's a huge leak within the BBC.

Scared for their jobs and behaving like chicken shit cowards"

True but there's been a bit of a witch hunt for Clarkson's scalp since Danny Cohen came along.

I don't think it's a coincidence...

Someone was pushing his buttons and he finally snapped in the worst way. Violence in the workplace shouldn't be tolerated and there's no excuses but I also wonder how much stress played a part in his behaviour.

Also, what's going to happen to the footage that was shot for the last 3 episodes? I'm guessing it'll never see the light of day, yet we've all paid for it ..

Reply privately

By *nleashedCrakenMan
over a year ago

Widnes

"

I think anyone looking for a mega money payoff for a fatlip would be told to swivel"

I wouldn't be so sure of that. Actual bodily harm is both a serious criminal offence as well as grounds for a civil suit.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Well, no one will want to watch it with 3 new presenters. That's putting the wrong label on the tin

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

I think anyone looking for a mega money payoff for a fatlip would be told to swivel

I wouldn't be so sure of that. Actual bodily harm is both a serious criminal offence as well as grounds for a civil suit."

In that case I should be a millionaire by now!

Reply privately

By *nleashedCrakenMan
over a year ago

Widnes

"I'm curious as to how many of the million or so people who signed the Clarkson petition will now reconsider their support for someone who has been demonstrated to be a violent bully. "

Although I'm a fan of Clarkson I never signed the petition. For most reasonable people on either side of the discussion, it was about finding the facts. The facts are now know. Clarkson was wrong. He lost his temper and hit someone. Totally unacceptable behaviour for which he should be punished, maybe even charged for.

Does that make him a bully. I'm not so sure. I think to be considered a bully there would have to be a consistent pattern of this sort of behaviour. I've not seen much to suggest that that is the case.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Quite right, violence at work cant be tolerated, no matter the reasons be they business or financial. He deserves everything he gets im afraid.

Apart from anything else hes an egotistical ignorant dick. ( other opinions are of course available)"

Reply privately

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
over a year ago

in Lancashire

"I'm curious as to how many of the million or so people who signed the Clarkson petition will now reconsider their support for someone who has been demonstrated to be a violent bully. "

this..

and would be ok, in fact absolutely not an issue with themselves, their partners or their children being assaulted in a similar fashion..

its possibly ABH by the sound of whats been released..

its wrong..

Reply privately

By *nleashedCrakenMan
over a year ago

Widnes

"

I wouldn't be so sure of that. Actual bodily harm is both a serious criminal offence as well as grounds for a civil suit.

In that case I should be a millionaire by now!"

Unfortunately there is little to no point trying to sue people who have little to no money. Clarkson does have money so is worth suing.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I'm a fan of the show, as well as Clarkson, but am glad that this decision has been made.

For far too long, 'top talent' in the media (or celeb circles) have felt they can get away with behaviour which would not be tolerated for/by anyone else.

Think of the recent and historic media scandals, and it's easy to see how people were able (or made) to turn a blind eye to wrong doings.

For those that condone his behaviour and think he should have his contract renewed, would you expect the same given the circumstances, if your spouse, partner, son/daughter were the victim of his attack?

Reply privately

over a year ago

I love topgear and he was part of the furniture just like Hammond and May but if I punched one of my colleagues I'd be instantly sacked and potentially even arrested for assault.

As much as it's a loss to the show I do believe it's the right choice. He's made some pretty bad mistakes in the past with things he has said and done and he will always be a controversial figure but I don't think the BBC had much choice and maybe this will teach him a lesson and he'll stop being so arrogant.

Reply privately

By *nleashedCrakenMan
over a year ago

Widnes

"I'm a fan of the show, as well as Clarkson, but am glad that this decision has been made.

For far too long, 'top talent' in the media (or celeb circles) have felt they can get away with behaviour which would not be tolerated for/by anyone else.

Think of the recent and historic media scandals, and it's easy to see how people were able (or made) to turn a blind eye to wrong doings.

For those that condone his behaviour and think he should have his contract renewed, would you expect the same given the circumstances, if your spouse, partner, son/daughter were the victim of his attack? "

This

But will be sad he's no longer doing Top Gear.

(Actually 'sad' is probably too strong a word for it. Not sure what word fits)

Reply privately

over a year ago

"The relevant parts:

"

Does seem well over the top for the supposed lack of dinner, no 60 second blow up 20 minutes is a long time to be ranting and raving at the poor guy, and needing someone to intervene before he stopped.

On a side note aren't Sky skint after forking out for the football?, as noted above Netflix have deep pockets and no advertisers to keep happy...if anyone would want to take him that is.

Reply privately

By *nleashedCrakenMan
over a year ago

Widnes

"I love topgear and he was part of the furniture just like Hammond and May but if I punched one of my colleagues I'd be instantly sacked and potentially even arrested for assault.

As much as it's a loss to the show I do believe it's the right choice. He's made some pretty bad mistakes in the past with things he has said and done and he will always be a controversial figure but I don't think the BBC had much choice and maybe this will teach him a lesson and he'll stop being so arrogant. "

BTW. Love the red shoes.

Just thought I'd say.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"The relevant parts:

Does seem well over the top for the supposed lack of dinner, no 60 second blow up 20 minutes is a long time to be ranting and raving at the poor guy, and needing someone to intervene before he stopped.

On a side note aren't Sky skint after forking out for the football?, as noted above Netflix have deep pockets and no advertisers to keep happy...if anyone would want to take him that is."

Sky only needs to add a couple of quid to its subscribers to pay for the latest premier league rights, so money won't be an issue there. I question whether any broadcaster or advertiser would be too happy being associated with Clarkson in the short term though. Time will tell I guess.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I love topgear and he was part of the furniture just like Hammond and May but if I punched one of my colleagues I'd be instantly sacked and potentially even arrested for assault.

As much as it's a loss to the show I do believe it's the right choice. He's made some pretty bad mistakes in the past with things he has said and done and he will always be a controversial figure but I don't think the BBC had much choice and maybe this will teach him a lesson and he'll stop being so arrogant.

BTW. Love the red shoes.

Just thought I'd say. "

Oh cheers

Reply privately

By *ee VianteWoman
over a year ago

Somewhere in North Norfolk

"He took himself to hospital with a split lip? And people wonder why A&E times are so long. What a fanny"

One word. Evidence. The producer was up against a major, valuable "star" and it could well have been brushed under the carpet or blamed on him.

He already thought he'd lost his job because Clarkson had threatened to sack him, so he may have been taking all possible steps to protect himself and safeguard his future.

Legal cases over matters like this require medical evidence as proof. Police investigations for assault require proof.

I don't blame him, particularly since he was actually injured!

Without evidence it would have been very easy for there to suddenly be no witnesses and for a producer to be let go over something conveniently unrelated.

Reply privately

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 25/03/15 17:24:38]

Reply privately

By *ee VianteWoman
over a year ago

I'm waiting to see to what extent Clarkson has made himself a liability.

After all, this isn't a one off and I can see potential for a huge amount of bad press if (when?) he next goes too far. I can also see a company being held to account (legally speaking) for employing him.

Say he is contracted to another company and thumps a producer there. I can see that producer having grounds for holding the company responsible for employing Clarkson and exposing staff to the risk of violence, bullying and abuse.

I'm wondering if there would be implications with company liability insurance, for example, for any company taking him on after this.

Reply privately

By *errygTV/TS
over a year ago

denton

people do love dickeads we vote enough of them into government, people like clarkson will always get a job, but the loss of profit by bbc will that mean license will go up to compensate

Reply privately

over a year ago

It's a sad, sad day for British entertainment all round;

Firstly, the BBC have announced that they won't be renewing Clarkson's contract, & now in the very latest breaking news, band member Zayn Malik of the pop group 'one direction' has decided to quit the band.

Its going to be hard to get up & face the world every morning after this dark, dark day, 25/3/2015.

Perhaps from now on they should retire the day 25 from the calendar, if not from every month at least from March each year?

I am heartbroken.

.....Right, who's for a celebratory pint of Guinness down at my local? My shout!

Reply privately

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

It's fair that his contract won't be renewed. He'd had previous warnings for activity that would have seen anyone else dismissed.

Reply privately

By *ee VianteWoman
over a year ago

True but there's been a bit of a witch hunt for Clarkson's scalp since Danny Cohen came along.

Someone was pushing his buttons and he finally snapped in the worst way. Violence in the workplace shouldn't be tolerated and there's no excuses but I also wonder how much stress played a part in his behaviour.

Also, what's going to happen to the footage that was shot for the last 3 episodes? I'm guessing it'll never see the light of day, yet we've all paid for it .."

Oh yes, Clarkson is definitely the victim here The poor man was absolutely forced to launch an abusive tirade and a physical attack.

The Clarkson cheer squad have been saying don't judge him until you know the story. We now know the story and now the cheer squad are saying we don't know the full story and he could have been provoked into his unprovoked attack.

I'm willing to bet if there were any mitigating factors, or any provocation, plenty of people would back Clarkson to the hilt in saying so.

Yet no criticism of the producer has been made and no action is being taken against him.

He certainly looks like the guilty party, upsetting the poor misunderstood, victimised star and then having the nerve to get in the way of his fist! Outrageous behaviour. Yes, poor Clarkson. This is all very unfair and totally the result of a witch hunt.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

So when he lands a job presenting a job on Sky, with more _iewers than he had on top gear,

That would be a frigging miracle as Sky's most popular show has ratings equivalent to BBC 2's tenth most popular show in the same week, which was top gear incidentally which only got one third the audience of the comic relief bake off show.

* Figures from BARB website for week ending March 15

Sky is the TV graveyard."

Yep sky is the arsehole of the broadcasting world.

The bbc is still the king maker of talent and everybody in entertainment know it.... Why do people think they stayed at the bbc for Christ sake, they don't pay the most but they certainly bring you to the biggest audience.

Reply privately

By *ee VianteWoman
over a year ago

"Why do people think they stayed at the bbc for Christ sake, they don't pay the most but they certainly bring you to the biggest audience."

And will tolerate virtually unlimited shit from the "stars" and cover up abuse perpetrated by the talent wherever possible, up until they are backed right into a corner and are forced to act.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Also, what's going to happen to the footage that was shot for the last 3 episodes? I'm guessing it'll never see the light of day, yet we've all paid for it ..

Oh yes, Clarkson is definitely the victim here The poor man was absolutely forced to launch an abusive tirade and a physical attack.

The Clarkson cheer squad have been saying don't judge him until you know the story. We now know the story and now the cheer squad are saying we don't know the full story and he could have been provoked into his unprovoked attack.

I'm willing to bet if there were any mitigating factors, or any provocation, plenty of people would back Clarkson to the hilt in saying so.

Yet no criticism of the producer has been made and no action is being taken against him.

He certainly looks like the guilty party, upsetting the poor misunderstood, victimised star and then having the nerve to get in the way of his fist! Outrageous behaviour. Yes, poor Clarkson. This is all very unfair and totally the result of a witch hunt."

You're stretching what I said.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Great show.It had to end sometime. Pity it was like this.

Reply privately

By *lshere77Man
over a year ago

Wigan

Clarkson for PM I say.....too many lily livered toss pots around who don't say what they think

Reply privately

over a year ago

So the producers job was to ensure the the stars of the show were properly fed and he fucked up . They were offered cheese and biscuits after a long day because the place chosen by the producer had no chef to cook a meal .

Clarkson overreacted ,yes , but if the producer had done his job properly in the first place none of this would have happened .

And thus , those who love the show can no longer enjoy it . So thanks a lot to the twat of a supposed producer who couldn't do his job

Reply privately

By *inaTitzTV/TS
over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

"So the producers job was to ensure the the stars of the show were properly fed and he fucked up . They were offered cheese and biscuits after a long day because the place chosen by the producer had no chef to cook a meal .

Clarkson overreacted ,yes , but if the producer had done his job properly in the first place none of this would have happened .

And thus , those who love the show can no longer enjoy it . So thanks a lot to the twat of a supposed producer who couldn't do his job "

Reply privately

By *B9 QueenWoman
over a year ago

Over the rainbow, under the bridge

Facts

1 he used abusive language to a colleague

2 he physically attacked said colleague

3 he lost his job as a result

4 I don't care what the future holds for him

Reply privately

By *ee VianteWoman
over a year ago

He certainly looks like the guilty party, upsetting the poor misunderstood, victimised star and then having the nerve to get in the way of his fist! Outrageous behaviour. Yes, poor Clarkson. This is all very unfair and totally the result of a witch hunt.

You're stretching what I said."

It's not just what you've said. Clarkson apologists are crawling from the woodwork.

Whichever way you slice it, Clarkson held all the cards but has finally been forced to lie in the bed he made over and over. It's long overdue.

He is not, in any way, a victim.

When he test drove the RB5 Impreza, he reported it should have a heads-up display saying "You are not God". He needs such a display for his entire life, except until now he's gotten away with acting like he's God. He certainly seems to thinks he us.

He hit someone at work. He was in a position of great influence. If he was being provoked he had the power to deal with it. He chose to hit someone instead. Unacceptable in any circumstances.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"So the producers job was to ensure the the stars of the show were properly fed and he fucked up . They were offered cheese and biscuits after a long day because the place chosen by the producer had no chef to cook a meal .

And thus , those who love the show can no longer enjoy it . So thanks a lot to the twat of a supposed producer who couldn't do his job

"

Shrugs , sorry , but that's the truth as hard as it may be to accept

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Clarkson for PM I say.....too many lily livered toss pots around who don't say what they think"
Oh no, not another trumped up ignorant snob in Westminster, PLEASE!!

Reply privately

By *illwill69uMan
over a year ago

moston

"If there had been physical and verbal abuse like this by any other person working in the public sector the perpetrator would have been sacked not given notice that their contract won't be renewed.

That said I think he was a great presenter of Top Gear

"

I would not be surprised to find out that there may be more going on here than meets the eye...

Firstly I would point out that the BBC has many millions tied up in the franchise, most of which is held by the BBCs commercial arm which is separate from BBC Broadcasting. The commercial arm hold rites to Top Gear Magazine, Top Gear Live and I would not be surprised if they also hold the intellectual property rights to the spin off shows round the world. I bet the BBCs commercial arm will be doing everything they can to renew those contracts and it is only the contract to make the 8 shows a year that is not being renewed by the BBC.

I also note with interest that that North Yorkshire Police are now involved.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out as I have no doubt this is not the end of this story.

Reply privately

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

he reaped what he sowed....

his arrogance was his downfall.

and if anyone else did similar, these forums would be an outcry of dismissal, prosecution etc etc.

Reply privately

over a year ago

And thus , those who love the show can no longer enjoy it . So thanks a lot to the twat of a supposed producer who couldn't do his job "

It's a TV programme. If anyone loves it that much they think their life is actually going to be detrimentally affected by Clarkson no longer presenting it....fuck me they don't have much going on in their life! (And there's always Dave)

Reply privately

By *ee VianteWoman
over a year ago

It's a TV programme. If anyone loves it that much they think their life is actually going to be detrimentally affected by Clarkson no longer presenting it....fuck me they don't have much going on in their life! (And there's always Dave)"

Reply privately

over a year ago

Shrugs , sorry , but that's the truth as hard as it may be to accept "

Funny definition of truth you have there.

Reply privately

over a year ago

It's not just what you've said. Clarkson apologists are crawling from the woodwork.

Whichever way you slice it, Clarkson held all the cards but has finally been forced to lie in the bed he made over and over. It's long overdue.

When he test drove the RB5 Impreza, he reported it should have a heads-up display saying "You are not God". He needs such a display for his entire life, except until now he's gotten away with acting like he's God. He certainly seems to thinks he us.

He hit someone at work. He was in a position of great influence. If he was being provoked he had the power to deal with it. He chose to hit someone instead. Unacceptable in any circumstances."

I agree, it's unacceptable, I clearly stated that.

I mearly asked what part stress played in the whole incident.

I made no apologies for his actions.

Cohen has long said that he wants rid of Clarkson.

Some of your other comments make it sound as if Clarkson punches everyone he meets and should be locked up, which in my _iew is a gross overexageration.

Reply privately

over a year ago

It's a TV programme. If anyone loves it that much they think their life is actually going to be detrimentally affected by Clarkson no longer presenting it....fuck me they don't have much going on in their life! (And there's always Dave)"

Just expressing an opinion , and in my opinion a valid one . If hot food had been available , none of this would have happened . It was the producers job to provide it , and he didn't . It's not the end of the world and although I can take or leave watching it , millions of others love it .

Reply privately

By *ee VianteWoman
over a year ago

He hit someone at work. He was in a position of great influence. If he was being provoked he had the power to deal with it. He chose to hit someone instead. Unacceptable in any circumstances.

Some of your other comments make it sound as if Clarkson punches everyone he meets and should be locked up, which in my _iew is a gross overexageration."

It's unacceptable but then it may not be all his fault because the poor love is stressed?

There are no buts when it comes to violence and bullying in the workplace.

He's had this coming for a very long time. He just thought he was too big and important for it to actually happen.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Funny definition of truth you have there. "

Which bit isn't true ?

Reply privately

By *nleashedCrakenMan
over a year ago

Widnes

He certainly looks like the guilty party, upsetting the poor misunderstood, victimised star and then having the nerve to get in the way of his fist! Outrageous behaviour. Yes, poor Clarkson. This is all very unfair and totally the result of a witch hunt."

When I said we should wait till the facts were known before judging I meant it. Most of the facts are now known and I think, even if there are some mitigating circumstances that we don't know yet, most reasonable people will now accept that Clarkson was wrong and the BBC has done the right and only thing it could do in the circumstances.

Of course there will be some who still believe he's been the victim of a PC conspiracy or witch hunt at the BBC but you can't reason with unreasonable people. Just please don't include all those who didn't immediately insist on his removal until most or all the facts were known with them.

Reply privately

over a year ago

No more top gear Clarksons company own the rights

Reply privately

over a year ago

LMAO

The guy is is a multimillionaire, - why didn't he just take the crew to another restaurant & get his big, fat wallet out rather than throw all his toys out of the pram, - the tight arse!!

.......Maybe James May can use it as one of his Toy Stories!!

Reply privately

over a year ago

"No more top gear Clarksons company own the rights "

Not anymore. He sold it to the BBC

Reply privately

over a year ago

It's a TV programme. If anyone loves it that much they think their life is actually going to be detrimentally affected by Clarkson no longer presenting it....fuck me they don't have much going on in their life! (And there's always Dave)

Just expressing an opinion , and in my opinion a valid one . If hot food had been available , none of this would have happened . It was the producers job to provide it , and he didn't . It's not the end of the world and although I can take or leave watching it , millions of others love it ."

If I punched a burger van owner on a night out, because i wanted a burger and was really hungry and I had been working all day; but the burger van man hadn't ordered enough burgers so there were none left - has he got it coming as well because he should have done his job properly and made sure he ordered enough stock? Or should I in fact be charged with ABH? That's the truth and I don't think that position should change based on whether people like me or not.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Some of your other comments make it sound as if Clarkson punches everyone he meets and should be locked up, which in my _iew is a gross overexageration.

It's unacceptable but then it may not be all his fault because the poor love is stressed?

There are no buts when it comes to violence and bullying in the workplace.

He's had this coming for a very long time. He just thought he was too big and important for it to actually happen."

He's had it coming for airing differing/outdated _iews? Whatever happened to freedom of speech?

Again, did stress play a part in his behaviour? He had been filming all day without food, he was promised a hot meal, he was under a great deal of stress writing for the show.

He arrived to find the hot meal he was promised was not available.

He kicked off at the person he felt was to blame and eventually punched him.

I agree, it was wrong, he deserved to lose his job. But... Did stress play a part in what happened, I think it probably did. It doesn't excuse it but it goes a little to explaining why it happened.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Which bit isn't true ?"

"If the producer had done his job properly in the first place none of this would have happened". Sounds very much like conjecture - because you don't know what would have happened in a different set of circumstances. Maybe if there had been hot food they might have all had a nice meal, but God forbid that incompetent producer had chosen a hotel with no single malt, and Jeremy really fancied a drink...

Of course you're entitled to your opinion, but why do you feel the need to pass it off as a truth when actually, it's an opinion?

Reply privately

By *nleashedCrakenMan
over a year ago

Widnes

Whether the producer did his job well or not is not relevant. Clarkson hit him and caused actual harm. I like Clarkson and hope this is not the last we ever see of him but that sort of behaviour had to be unacceptable.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"No more top gear Clarksons company own the rights "

Wrong. It was sold back to the BBC in 2013.

Reply privately

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

and if a policeman, ambulance man, social worker, MP, lawyer all were suffering from a stressful day, are they justified for hitting someone...

Reply privately

over a year ago

Just expressing an opinion , and in my opinion a valid one . If hot food had been available , none of this would have happened . It was the producers job to provide it , and he didn't . It's not the end of the world and although I can take or leave watching it , millions of others love it .

If I punched a burger van owner on a night out, because i wanted a burger and was really hungry and I had been working all day; but the burger van man hadn't ordered enough burgers so there were none left - has he got it coming as well because he should have done his job properly and made sure he ordered enough stock? Or should I in fact be charged with ABH? That's the truth and I don't think that position should change based on whether people like me or not."

Your suggestionis flawed as the responsibility would be yours , not someone else who is paid to provide it . If you employed someone to ensure you had a burger , and they arranged for you to go to the burger van which had none , they would be responsible .

Reply privately

By *nleashedCrakenMan
over a year ago

Widnes

He hit someone at work. He was in a position of great influence. If he was being provoked he had the power to deal with it. He chose to hit someone instead. Unacceptable in any circumstances."

I have to agree

Reply privately

over a year ago

"and if a policeman, ambulance man, social worker, MP, lawyer all were suffering from a stressful day, are they justified for hitting someone..."

No, not at all.

What I was trying to say is - it might go a long way into explaing WHY it happened.

Reply privately

over a year ago

If I punched a burger van owner on a night out, because i wanted a burger and was really hungry and I had been working all day; but the burger van man hadn't ordered enough burgers so there were none left - has he got it coming as well because he should have done his job properly and made sure he ordered enough stock? Or should I in fact be charged with ABH? That's the truth and I don't think that position should change based on whether people like me or not.

Your suggestionis flawed as the responsibility would be yours , not someone else who is paid to provide it . If you employed someone to ensure you had a burger , and they arranged for you to go to the burger van which had none , they would be responsible ."

So if I send my apprentice out to get me a coffee tomorrow, and I tell him to make sure he goes to a shop that has coffee, but I've been busy and he doesn't manage to go to the coffee shop until it's just closed, and the other one down the road has turned the machines off for the night, and the other one has no coffee left, I can punch him when he comes back empty handed? (Because I've had a really long hard day and I need that coffee to get me through the rest of the work I have to do).

Reply privately

over a year ago

Which bit isn't true ?

"If the producer had done his job properly in the first place none of this would have happened". Sounds very much like conjecture - because you don't know what would have happened in a different set of circumstances. Maybe if there had been hot food they might have all had a nice meal, but God forbid that incompetent producer had chosen a hotel with no single malt, and Jeremy really fancied a drink...

Of course you're entitled to your opinion, but why do you feel the need to pass it off as a truth when actually, it's an opinion? "

My mistake , the events which actually occurred , led to his attack . Which in my opinion is why he is no longer with the BBC . I have never said he shouldn't have been sacked , all I have said is that if the producer had done his job in the first place , I don't think it would have ended up this way .

Reply privately

over a year ago

Your suggestionis flawed as the responsibility would be yours , not someone else who is paid to provide it . If you employed someone to ensure you had a burger , and they arranged for you to go to the burger van which had none , they would be responsible .

So if I send my apprentice out to get me a coffee tomorrow, and I tell him to make sure he goes to a shop that has coffee, but I've been busy and he doesn't manage to go to the coffee shop until it's just closed, and the other one down the road has turned the machines off for the night, and the other one has no coffee left, I can punch him when he comes back empty handed? (Because I've had a really long hard day and I need that coffee to get me through the rest of the work I have to do). "

No of course not , just sack the incompetent apprentice .

Reply privately

By *lshere77Man
over a year ago

Wigan

Typical BBC, a tiff between two blokes and they over react.

Reply privately

over a year ago

So if I send my apprentice out to get me a coffee tomorrow, and I tell him to make sure he goes to a shop that has coffee, but I've been busy and he doesn't manage to go to the coffee shop until it's just closed, and the other one down the road has turned the machines off for the night, and the other one has no coffee left, I can punch him when he comes back empty handed? (Because I've had a really long hard day and I need that coffee to get me through the rest of the work I have to do).

No of course not , just sack the incompetent apprentice ."

Even if every other task he's ever completed for me has been done perfectly, and there are no blemishes on his record? Sack him for incompetence based on this one incident? Unfortunately (or fortunately) I live and work in the real world where that's a bit of a cunty thing to do and would have me before an employment tribunal.

Reply privately

By *nleashedCrakenMan
over a year ago

Widnes

Your suggestionis flawed as the responsibility would be yours , not someone else who is paid to provide it . If you employed someone to ensure you had a burger , and they arranged for you to go to the burger van which had none , they would be responsible ."

So it would be alright to hit them? I don't think so.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Even if every other task he's ever completed for me has been done perfectly, and there are no blemishes on his record? Sack him for incompetence based on this one incident? Unfortunately (or fortunately) I live and work in the real world where that's a bit of a cunty thing to do and would have me before an employment tribunal."

Ah but now you're choosing to move the goalposts ! How do I know it's the only mistake he's made ? Anyway , enough now , I can see your point

Reply privately

over a year ago

So it would be alright to hit them? I don't think so."

Not at all ... See my previous posts . I have never said its ok that he hit him . I simply said that if the producer had done his job properly it wouldn't have come to this . In my opinion of course

Reply privately

over a year ago

Even if every other task he's ever completed for me has been done perfectly, and there are no blemishes on his record? Sack him for incompetence based on this one incident? Unfortunately (or fortunately) I live and work in the real world where that's a bit of a cunty thing to do and would have me before an employment tribunal.

Ah but now you're choosing to move the goalposts ! How do I know it's the only mistake he's made ? Anyway , enough now , I can see your point "

yep, you don't know that it's not just like I don't know that it is, because neither of us were there.

Reply privately

By *nleashedCrakenMan
over a year ago

Widnes

"Typical BBC, a tiff between two blokes and they over react."

I think the over reaction was Clarkson's. I really can't see what else the BBC could do other than what it has. Maybe you can enlighten me?

Reply privately

By *ee VianteWoman
over a year ago

When I said we should wait till the facts were known before judging I meant it. Most of the facts are now known and I think, even if there are some mitigating circumstances that we don't know yet, most reasonable people will now accept that Clarkson was wrong and the BBC has done the right and only thing it could do in the circumstances.

Of course there will be some who still believe he's been the victim of a PC conspiracy or witch hunt at the BBC but you can't reason with unreasonable people. Just please don't include all those who didn't immediately insist on his removal until most or all the facts were known with them. "

I agreed - and still agree - that judgement wasn't justified until the facts were known. My comments, prior to this said _if_ he is guilty. Waiting for the facts was reasonable.

Reply privately

By *ee VianteWoman
over a year ago

"and if a policeman, ambulance man, social worker, MP, lawyer all were suffering from a stressful day, are they justified for hitting someone..."

I'm stressed *looks around*

Reply privately

By *ee VianteWoman
over a year ago

Out of interest, do we know why there was no chef?

Could the chef have called in sick or eloped or something, leaving the place unable to provide a service they would generally offer?

Nothing I've read has said any more than there was nobody to prepare food.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Its nice to see that so many fabbers were there to report that Clarkson was under stress!

How many millions per year does he take from the tv licence payer?

Yes, stress indeed!!

Also, why the fck does the license payer have to pay for his meals?

I believe that if you pulled the BBC apart, got rid of all the incredible money wastage & put it back together again, the license fee would be much, much cheaper!

Reply privately

By *nleashedCrakenMan
over a year ago

Widnes

Of course there will be some who still believe he's been the victim of a PC conspiracy or witch hunt at the BBC but you can't reason with unreasonable people. Just please don't include all those who didn't immediately insist on his removal until most or all the facts were known with them.

I agreed - and still agree - that judgement wasn't justified until the facts were known. My comments, prior to this said _if_ he is guilty. Waiting for the facts was reasonable."

I think this is what makes the difference between reasonable and unreasonable people. I didn't want him sacked but, on seeing the facts, see that it is necessary. You clearly don't really like him much but were willing to wait until the facts were known. We both agree that the right thing has been done.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Out of interest, do we know why there was no chef?

Could the chef have called in sick or eloped or something, leaving the place unable to provide a service they would generally offer?

Nothing I've read has said any more than there was nobody to prepare food."

At this point we don't know, however "some might say" it's all the chefs fault!

If he was working, the producer wouldn't have messed up and stressed Jezzer wouldn't have resorted to violence...

Reply privately

over a year ago

If he was working, the producer wouldn't have messed up and stressed Jezzer wouldn't have resorted to violence... "

As I was saying .....

Reply privately

over a year ago

If he was working, the producer wouldn't have messed up and stressed Jezzer wouldn't have resorted to violence...

As I was saying ....."

My quote was said in jest madam!

Reply privately

over a year ago

As I was saying .....

My quote was said in jest madam! "

Mine wasn't

Reply privately

over a year ago

I agree that he does come across as a dick but top gear will not be same can not imagine it without him

Reply privately

By *AURA6969TV/TS
over a year ago

RUGBY

"I'm guessing it will cause the producer more career problems than JC."
And so it should no one has even mentioned that he was a producer not a catering manager why did he start telling a presenter what he can or can't eat. I think this was set up to oust clarkson by someone higher up. Why else would a PRODUCER tell him he can't have steak

Reply privately

By *lshere77Man
over a year ago

Wigan

JC is a top bloke.......how can you take the producer seriously with a name like Oral Topper?

Reply privately

over a year ago

If he was working, the producer wouldn't have messed up and stressed Jezzer wouldn't have resorted to violence... "

Maybe the 'Duck was off' because the chef was d*unk & Clarkson hit the producer because they were right out of waldorfs?

Hmmmmmmmm, there could well be an opening in Clarksons new carrier!?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I'm guessing it will cause the producer more career problems than JC. And so it should no one has even mentioned that he was a producer not a catering manager why did he start telling a presenter what he can or can't eat. I think this was set up to oust clarkson by someone higher up. Why else would a PRODUCER tell him he can't have steak"

Most likely.

People with a bit of power always abuse it thinking they have real power, until the day they bump into the person with real power, and then they find their actually no different than you or i.

Think Andy gray and Richard keyes

Reply privately

By *lshere77Man
over a year ago

Wigan

So how do you know that your power isn't as powerful as a powerful persons?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"So how do you know that your power isn't as powerful as a powerful persons?"

Your on the telly, they aren't

Reply privately

By *lshere77Man
over a year ago

Wigan

I have never been on telly

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I have never been on telly"

Maybe your the one

Reply privately

By *ee VianteWoman
over a year ago

"I'm guessing it will cause the producer more career problems than JC. And so it should no one has even mentioned that he was a producer not a catering manager why did he start telling a presenter what he can or can't eat. I think this was set up to oust clarkson by someone higher up. Why else would a PRODUCER tell him he can't have steak"

He couldn't have hot food because the kitchen was closed. Cold food was offered.

Nobody told him he wasn't allowed steak , he was told there was nobody to prepare it.

Reply privately

By *lshere77Man
over a year ago

Wigan

Oh I wish......if I got the top gear job the first thing that I would do would be to twat the producer.

Reply privately

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

Yeah...cos that's what happened

Reply privately

By *iss_Samantha_LovecockTV/TS
over a year ago

bmth /poole sometimes blandford

why dont you discuss it with yourself

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Oh I wish......if I got the top gear job the first thing that I would do would be to twat the producer. "

Ahh they may make you the new Sisyphus

Reply privately

over a year ago

Nothing I've read has said any more than there was nobody to prepare food."

As I understand it they were late arriving and the kitchen had closed, the chef had left a cold platter.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Reply privately

By *lshere77Man
over a year ago

Wigan

JC for PM

Reply privately

over a year ago

I do love the idea that a guy gets in late from work and because his dinner isn't on the table he can kick off because he's had a stressful day, it's like the wife beater defense.

Reply privately

By *lshere77Man
over a year ago

Wigan

So now JC is a wife beater?

Reply privately

By *ee VianteWoman
over a year ago

Ok, I checked.

They were at a country hotel about 1km or so from Hawes. In Hawes there are various options for hot food.

The hotel kitchen was closed but cold food - a meat and cheese platter was offered. Jezza wasn't going to starve and he had other options.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I do love the idea that a guy gets in late from work and because his dinner isn't on the table he can kick off because he's had a stressful day, it's like the wife beater defense."

Hey wife beatings a great defence. I used it once with the inland revenue.... I said if they continue imposing this fine on me I may get beaten up by my wife .

They went easy on me!.... Unlike the wife

Reply privately

over a year ago

"So now JC is a wife beater? "

Now we both know I didn't say that don't we.

Reply privately

By *lshere77Man
over a year ago

Wigan

David Cameron asked them not to sack him........poor judgement as usual

Reply privately

over a year ago

So this was what the Director General of the BBC, introducing the report on the incident, had to say about the savage attack provoked by Tymon on Jeremy's hunger:

"A member of staff – who is a completely innocent party – took himself to Accident and Emergency after a physical altercation accompanied by sustained and prolonged verbal abuse of an extreme nature".

To back that up the summary of the report itself has this to say about how Tymon provoked poor old Jeremy:

"Oisin Tymon was subject to an unprovoked physical and verbal attack by Jeremy Clarkson".

"It was not disputed by Jeremy Clarkson or any witness that Oisin Tymon was the victim of an unprovoked physical and verbal attack".

Also to back up the ideas that Tymon was incompetent and may have had a track record of not doing his job properly, the report indicts him with the following:

"It is also clear to me that Oisin Tymon is an important creative member of the Top Gear team who is well-valued and respected. He has suffered significant personal distress as a result of this incident, through no fault of his own".

The director general of the BBC reinforced this _iew with the following damning comment about Tymon:

"This has obviously been difficult for everyone involved but in particular for Oisin. I want to make clear that no blame attaches to him for this incident. He has behaved with huge integrity throughout. As a senior producer at the BBC he will continue to have an important role within the organisation in the future".

There's not one comment saying that Tymon did not do any part of his job. There's not one hint of blame attached to him. There's nothing that says it was Tymon's fault that Jeremy didn't get the meal he wanted. It does say that he is a highly respected member of the BBC team.

Tymon was

-good at his job

-innocent of any blame (as the report and director general say repeatedly)

-the victim of an unprovoked attack

No matter how much people try to slur Tymon, the only person to blame for Clarkson not continuing to be part of Top Gear is Jeremy Clarkson.

Reply privately

By *lshere77Man
over a year ago

Wigan

I think firing squads are a brilliant idea

Reply privately

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

So, Clarkson. The report says that the Top Gear star shouted and swore at a crew member for 20 full minutes, loud enough to be heard by people in other rooms, and then physically assaulted him for 30 seconds. It totally rules out the best-case scenario, where someone in a rage lashed out and then regretted it. It’s definitely enough time to realise what you’re doing and consciously choose to continue. That the crew member didn’t defend himself at all (because he was scared of being fired) means the victim enduring an assault wasn’t resisting. For 30 full seconds.

That moves Clarkson out of the category where he’s just a bigoted twat bullying someone he has authority over, and into one marked “sustained rage-filled lack of control which needs some attention from the Police for the safety of those around him”.

The worst thing on twitter is that OF COURSE the victim is now getting death threats for somehow bringing about the end of Top Gear by… not moving, and not being the one who even reported it. The second-worst thing is the suggestion that UKIP will be straight on the phone to recruit another middle-aged millionaire white guy with loud reactionary opinions, unending angry arrogance and a selective lack of empathy for those he sees as hindering his comfort.

Reply privately

By *lshere77Man
over a year ago

Wigan

Guess what's on BBC3?

Top Gear......bloody hypocrisy

Reply privately

By *ee VianteWoman
over a year ago

"So, Clarkson. The report says that the Top Gear star shouted and swore at a crew member for 20 full minutes, loud enough to be heard by people in other rooms, and then physically assaulted him for 30 seconds. It totally rules out the best-case scenario, where someone in a rage lashed out and then regretted it. It’s definitely enough time to realise what you’re doing and consciously choose to continue. That the crew member didn’t defend himself at all (because he was scared of being fired) means the victim enduring an assault wasn’t resisting. For 30 full seconds.

That moves Clarkson out of the category where he’s just a bigoted twat bullying someone he has authority over, and into one marked “sustained rage-filled lack of control which needs some attention from the Police for the safety of those around him”.

The worst thing on twitter is that OF COURSE the victim is now getting death threats for somehow bringing about the end of Top Gear by… not moving, and not being the one who even reported it. The second-worst thing is the suggestion that UKIP will be straight on the phone to recruit another middle-aged millionaire white guy with loud reactionary opinions, unending angry arrogance and a selective lack of empathy for those he sees as hindering his comfort.

"

Clarkson didn't even stop the attack himself. He was stopped by the intervention of a third party.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Lol.be interesting to see what Hammond and may do now"

It would seem that they might not be renewing their contracts

Have to say though, that much as I love Top Gear, the BBC have acted properly in response to Clarkson's conduct.

Reply privately

By *lshere77Man
over a year ago

Wigan

Who really should have been minding his own business

Reply privately

By *ee VianteWoman
over a year ago

As I understand it they were late arriving and the kitchen had closed, the chef had left a cold platter."

He'd travelled to Yorkshire from Surrey, where they'd been filming that day, apparently. I expect he was tired and hungry. Possibly the journey had been bad.

How bloody unreasonable of the kitchen to have closed and for the chef to have made an unsuitable alternative arrangement.

I can completely see why he went ape shit and assaulted someone.

Reply privately

By *ee VianteWoman
over a year ago

"Who really should have been minding his own business"

WTF? You see someone making an unprovoked physical attack on someone else, who isn't even retaliating, and you should mind your own business?

Besides, apparently Clarkson was yelling loudly enough to be heard in the hotel bedrooms so at that point it was pretty much everyone's business.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I think firing squads are a brilliant idea"

That's a bit harsh. Losing his job is enough.

Reply privately

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

"I think firing squads are a brilliant idea

That's a bit harsh. Losing his job is enough."

Reply privately

By *lshere77Man
over a year ago

Wigan

Good deterrent tho

Reply privately

By *ee VianteWoman
over a year ago

I've worked hard today. I'd been up 35 hours straight, I got 2 hours sleep then got up again and carried on.

I'm stressed and now I'm hungry too.

Unless someone brings me a steak, exactly as I like it cooked, I'm going to scream insults at all of you for 20 minutes and then I'm going to punch every one of you.

Now, where's my fucking steak?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Most people in this country are expected to sort out their own meals.

When I worked in the city, my employer didn't provide me with lunch - I had to buy my own.

And given how much Clarkson made on selling his stake of Top Gear back to the BBC, he can afford to buy his own dinner if there isn't any food provided.

Punching someone is not the solution.

Reply privately

over a year ago

evesham

"Good deterrent tho"

reply and quote man, reply and quote!!!!

Reply privately

By *lshere77Man
over a year ago

Wigan

Maybe he was imagining tenderising the steak?

Reply privately

By *teveanddebsCouple
over a year ago

Norwich

Oh well. Come judgement day at least this will be balanced out by him punching Piers Morgan.

Surely the two incidents cancel each other out?

Reply privately

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

"Most people in this country are expected to sort out their own meals."

I am wondering why he couldn't dial up Just Eat on his phone and order a pizza.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I've worked hard today. I'd been up 35 hours straight, I got 2 hours sleep then got up again and carried on.

I'm stressed and now I'm hungry too.

Unless someone brings me a steak, exactly as I like it cooked, I'm going to scream insults at all of you for 20 minutes and then I'm going to punch every one of you.

Now, where's my fucking steak? "

Should have kicked him in the nuts, nothing worse than being tired and hungry.

Reply privately

over a year ago

evesham

"Oh well. Come judgement day at least this will be balanced out by him punching Piers Morgan.

Surely the two incidents cancel each other out?"

how is one person punching 2 people balanced out?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"So this was what the Director General of the BBC, introducing the report on the incident, had to say about the savage attack provoked by Tymon on Jeremy's hunger:

"A member of staff – who is a completely innocent party – took himself to Accident and Emergency after a physical altercation accompanied by sustained and prolonged verbal abuse of an extreme nature".

To back that up the summary of the report itself has this to say about how Tymon provoked poor old Jeremy:

"Oisin Tymon was subject to an unprovoked physical and verbal attack by Jeremy Clarkson".

"It was not disputed by Jeremy Clarkson or any witness that Oisin Tymon was the victim of an unprovoked physical and verbal attack".

Also to back up the ideas that Tymon was incompetent and may have had a track record of not doing his job properly, the report indicts him with the following:

"It is also clear to me that Oisin Tymon is an important creative member of the Top Gear team who is well-valued and respected. He has suffered significant personal distress as a result of this incident, through no fault of his own".

The director general of the BBC reinforced this _iew with the following damning comment about Tymon:

"This has obviously been difficult for everyone involved but in particular for Oisin. I want to make clear that no blame attaches to him for this incident. He has behaved with huge integrity throughout. As a senior producer at the BBC he will continue to have an important role within the organisation in the future".

There's not one comment saying that Tymon did not do any part of his job. There's not one hint of blame attached to him. There's nothing that says it was Tymon's fault that Jeremy didn't get the meal he wanted. It does say that he is a highly respected member of the BBC team.

Tymon was

-good at his job

No matter how much people try to slur Tymon, the only person to blame for Clarkson not continuing to be part of Top Gear is Jeremy Clarkson.

"

the report is a whitewash, the Beeb have handled the whole thing dreadfully, firstly by leaking the story to the press and then leaking quotes attributed to a director comparing Clarkson to Jimmy Savile. They would obviously then say any employee is a valued member in an attempt to minimise any legal ramifications that may ensue from screwing up and leaking the story in the first place.

The producer being the alleged victim in this (still alleged as nothing has been proven in a court of law) did the sensible thing and took himself to hospital and has a record of alleged injuries.

The Beeb then took the easy way out by letting his contract run out without renewing it.

They then screwed up by releasing the decision to the press before informing Clarkson.

They now have to decide what to do with the untransmitted footage and what format the new series will take, given that they have probably lost the other two presenters and are left with just the stig. Fans of the show will be pleased to know that a woman has been put in charge.

Incidentally, much as I am a fan of Clarkson I believe that action had to be taken and JC had to be disciplined.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Better call Saul!

Reply privately

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

"Oh well. Come judgement day at least this will be balanced out by him punching Piers Morgan.

Surely the two incidents cancel each other out?

how is one person punching 2 people balanced out?"

Because Piers Morgan is such a twat he makes JC look like Mr Rogers.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"The relevant parts:

Totally disagree. It turns out the Tymon was physically attached by Clarkson. He has every right to go and get treatment. If Clarkson, or anyone, physically attacked me, especially in a work place environment, I would not hesitate do go to the hospital to get treatment. I would also use the any medical reports as evidence when it came to the inevitable court case which, if it was me, there most definitely would be."

Thought you were a bit tougher than that up north.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Fans of the show will be pleased to know that a woman has been put in charge.

"

Are you suggesting that a woman is not capable of being in charge of a motorsports magazine show?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"So this was what the Director General of the BBC, introducing the report on the incident, had to say about the savage attack provoked by Tymon on Jeremy's hunger:

Tymon was

-good at his job

the report is a whitewash, the Beeb have handled the whole thing dreadfully, firstly by leaking the story to the press and then leaking quotes attributed to a director comparing Clarkson to Jimmy Savile. They would obviously then say any employee is a valued member in an attempt to minimise any legal ramifications that may ensue from screwing up and leaking the story in the first place.

The producer being the alleged victim in this (still alleged as nothing has been proven in a court of law) did the sensible thing and took himself to hospital and has a record of alleged injuries.

The Beeb then took the easy way out by letting his contract run out without renewing it.

They then screwed up by releasing the decision to the press before informing Clarkson.

They now have to decide what to do with the untransmitted footage and what format the new series will take, given that they have probably lost the other two presenters and are left with just the stig. Fans of the show will be pleased to know that a woman has been put in charge.

Incidentally, much as I am a fan of Clarkson I believe that action had to be taken and JC had to be disciplined. "

What on earth has that got to do with the incident itself? Even Clarkson admitted it was an unprovoked attack. All the conspiracy theory stuff that follows is a load of nonsense and absolutely nothing to do with the fact that the only person to blame for Jeremy Clarkson losing his job is Jeremy Clarkson.

Reply privately

By *lshere77Man
over a year ago

Wigan

Women drivers on Top Gear.....Ooooeeerrr

Reply privately

over a year ago

I care about Jeremy Clarkson's contract about as much as he does mine.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Fans of the show will be pleased to know that a woman has been put in charge.

Are you suggesting that a woman is not capable of being in charge of a motorsports magazine show?"

I'm suggesting that they have put someone in charge with a remit to make drastic changes to the current format, given that they may well have lost all three presenters and the show probably won't work without them.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Tymon was

-good at his job

Incidentally, much as I am a fan of Clarkson I believe that action had to be taken and JC had to be disciplined.

What on earth has that got to do with the incident itself? Even Clarkson admitted it was an unprovoked attack. All the conspiracy theory stuff that follows is a load of nonsense and absolutely nothing to do with the fact that the only person to blame for Jeremy Clarkson losing his job is Jeremy Clarkson."

What part of whole thing handled badly don't you understand?

Reply privately

over a year ago

evesham

Tymon was

-good at his job

Incidentally, much as I am a fan of Clarkson I believe that action had to be taken and JC had to be disciplined. "

so how would you discipline someone on a final written warning who has admitted to assaulting someone in your employment? put aside all this 'talent' bullshit....even the beeb is not above a tribunal claim for unfair treatment.

Someone who has already caused your company to be investigated by offcom and caused footage to be scrapped due to using allegedly racist language?

Reply privately

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

Love him. I signed the petition but I think we all knew the outcome.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Gone!

Reply privately

over a year ago

Why don't the Clarkson fans get angry with Clarkson - rather than the producer, the BBC, the Chef, the Chef's parents (after all they conceived him!) et al? He shouldn't have behaved the way he has - and this is not the only time he's crossed the line. He was very lucky not to get sacked after the N word thing

Go to work tomorrow and when you are tired at the end of the day, hungry too, and punch a colleague because of it. Then see what happens.

Bloke is a wanker who ought to be prosecuted. I hope he is

Reply privately