Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Social drink - Fab taboo?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

When I first joined this site four years ago I quickly learned that asking someone to meet me for a drink as a first meet was the right way for me to decide whether I want to have sex with them or not... face to face is 100% more effective than text To gage level of comfort, safety and attraction.

This seemed perfectly fine for the men I spoke to.

I took a break from fab, came back and now if I mention a drink first I'm spoken to as if I'm insane. When did my safety, comfort and standards become "crazy"?

Does anyone else have this problem or is it just me?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

We always say social drink, but happy to play if all agree - gives everyone an 'out' if there is no spark

For a single woman I think it's vital!

Sara

over a year ago

Depends who it is.

I can get a pretty good gauge of someone if they are on the forums.

Away from the forums I'd normally do a social first.

Fuck and go's with total randoms don't really interest me. Personally.

over a year ago

Dunno about everyone else but we've had no problem with the social first stance......tough luck on those that don't like it when we suggest it.

Right.......Where shall we have that drink?

over a year ago

We're out in Sheffield tonight

W&S

By *empting Devil.Woman
over a year ago

Sheffield

It's often the single men who are actually not really quite single and are nervous of being seen in a public place who object strongly to meeting for a drink first.

Those and.the guys who are new to the.site and who are expecting non-stop clunge and who don't want a coffee meet cos they're sure that any minute now they'll be invited to pop round to a house where five women have already got their knickers off in anticipation.

Aaaaany minute now...

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

I state on my profile that I prefer a social meet first

over a year ago

A drink! Alcohol!! That is like playing Russian roulette. No play THAT way!

Seriously, You do what you want. There is a thought among some guys that SOME women use a social to get a free evening out. That's as maybe, You must be comfortable with it yourself.

over a year ago

Two of my meets have been play meets without a social. One of those was a group meet, but we had chatted over the phone, for a while. The majority have all been with a social first, most at my suggestion. One did turn into a play, but we had discussed this as an option if all went well.

I wouldn't suggest you are wrong to ask for a social prior to playing at a later date. Far from it, your safety and security are a far higher priority than a fuck.

over a year ago

I Just get straight on with the fun xx

over a year ago

I'd not meet anyone who declines to meet socially as I'd tend to think they had a problem with being seen in public and therefore attached. I may be wrong but....

over a year ago

If they don't like how you want to meet then it acts as another filter for you.

I always meet socially first unless distance is the issue. Even then I make quite clear that I'm under no obligation to take it any further when we do eventually meet which goes for them too.

over a year ago

"It's often the single men who are actually not really quite single and are nervous of being seen in a public place who object strongly to meeting for a drink first.

Those and.the guys who are new to the.site and who are expecting non-stop clunge and who don't want a coffee meet cos they're sure that any minute now they'll be invited to pop round to a house where five women have already got their knickers off in anticipation.

Aaaaany minute now...

"

over a year ago

I'd prefer to have a social first to be honest .get a feel for someone

over a year ago

I do exactly as you do OP, have done for the 5 or so years I've been on and off here. Mostly never had a problem apart from a few saying I'm a timewaster, its not a dating site etc but they can move on if its not for them. I run my profile and meets as I want, if people don't like that then not a problem.

over a year ago

"I'd prefer to have a social first to be honest .get a feel for someone "

Same here. If we get on and want to take it future great, if not then just a good chat over a drink.

By *reedyGirlVWoman
over a year ago

Cambridge

"

Aaaaany minute now...

"

Genius! I can't believe I'dnever thought of that one!

Agreed that too many guys expect to just get to it on a first meet... I had a guy yesterday want to drive 100 miles and book a hotel for a first meet... I refuse anything that involves so much effort for a first meet as the expectation is overbearing!

Also, getting more and more picky in my old age!

over a year ago

I think a social drink first is a must. Especially as a single female. That works both ways too, as they may not find you attractive either so it's a good thing for both parties.

If a potential meet is not willing to do that, then I simply would not consider meeting them.

over a year ago

"It's often the single men who are actually not really quite single and are nervous of being seen in a public place who object strongly to meeting for a drink first.

Aaaaany minute now...

"

over a year ago

Everyone has the right to meet how they see fit. I find that the face to face convo can be a perfect way to explore all kinds of subjects with a new person and really cement the connection.

By *airy_HettyWoman
over a year ago

Greater London

"When I first joined this site four years ago I quickly learned that asking someone to meet me for a drink as a first meet was the right way for me to decide whether I want to have sex with them or not... face to face is 100% more effective than text To gage level of comfort, safety and attraction.

I took a break from fab, came back and now if I mention a drink first I'm spoken to as if I'm insane. When did my safety, comfort and standards become "crazy"?

Does anyone else have this problem or is it just me?"

Stick to your guns. I play the same way too. Screw what others think!

over a year ago

I've done both.

But.. Very few social meets end up as play meets.

A social is my unsure default setting...

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 25/03/15 09:14:24]

By *inaTitzTV/TS
over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

I think socials are great, but I've only ever had one single guy want to meet up for a drink. Couples, single ladies and other TG never a problem, unless the TG is one that's Queen of her own bedroom, etc.

By *-4pleasureCouple
over a year ago

Belfast

"When I first joined this site four years ago I quickly learned that asking someone to meet me for a drink as a first meet was the right way for me to decide whether I want to have sex with them or not... face to face is 100% more effective than text To gage level of comfort, safety and attraction.

We have never met without a social first - and never will.

The social aspect of swinging is an integral part of the whole lifestyle. Too many "shag and go" merchants fail to realise this, and in particular I'm afraid, single guys.

over a year ago

Oh I'm certainly going to stick to my guns but it's good to see that I'm not the only one left with my social principle!

over a year ago

I much prefer a social 1st, tho so far iv just been stood up repeatedly!!

over a year ago

The social is part of the fun, the build up.

Lets you know if you have judged it right, flirt, tease, get to the point where you both know that it is about to get fun...

Or know that you're going to have a nice coffee, a chat and smile and wave

over a year ago

Always a social for me although it's not written in stone that It won't turn into a play meet.

I just never promise anything

By *evaquitCouple
over a year ago

Catthorpe

We're not ones for a social as we speak a hell of a lot before actually meeting up and always do at the meet also. We both have a thing about meeting someone and the nerves flying around, the do I like them don't I, and as of yet all has been fine. If someone insisted in a social first we wouldn't mind but we wouldn't want that to be a long drawn out thing, a quick drink and pleasantries would do us then play time soon after.

By *oveSlutForUseCouple
over a year ago

Brighton

Had a number of guys basically say no to a social, even if it involves almost definet play afterwards.

I guess the atmosphere has changed.

over a year ago

"We're not ones for a social as we speak a hell of a lot before actually meeting up and always do at the meet also. We both have a thing about meeting someone and the nerves flying around, the do I like them don't I, and as of yet all has been fine. If someone insisted in a social first we wouldn't mind but we wouldn't want that to be a long drawn out thing, a quick drink and pleasantries would do us then play time soon after. "

But there needs to be a connection when meeting face to face

over a year ago

Depends who it is, what the distance is, what sort of meet I'm looking for, etc. But if I'm playing as a single woman I need a social first.

Either way there has to be some chat online or face to face before play.

The best meets are guys I've chatted to for ages and had a social meet first with.

I had two or three socials with the same guy before play a while back and he's turned into a regular fuck buddy/FWB.

(I'm about to break my usual "social first" rule as a single woman, as he's bloody gorgeous, not in the area for long and I'm horny. Shh don't tell anyone.)

By *evaquitCouple
over a year ago

Catthorpe

"We're not ones for a social as we speak a hell of a lot before actually meeting up and always do at the meet also. We both have a thing about meeting someone and the nerves flying around, the do I like them don't I, and as of yet all has been fine. If someone insisted in a social first we wouldn't mind but we wouldn't want that to be a long drawn out thing, a quick drink and pleasantries would do us then play time soon after.

But there needs to be a connection when meeting face to face "

Oh we can still leave and would do if there was nothing there, vice versa, however that hasn't happened yet. Those we've met have appeared as they do in their pics and their personalities have lived up to the messaging and phone conversations, the initial attraction has hasn't wained yet on either side.

over a year ago

"I much prefer a social 1st, tho so far iv just been stood up repeatedly!! "

Ahem.......

over a year ago

Dont mind me a social......I've had some bloody good giggles on socials......

over a year ago

"I much prefer a social 1st, tho so far iv just been stood up repeatedly!!

Ahem......."

apart from you of course! or Id of quit by now!

over a year ago

It's a must really I don't think we would ever play with anyone unless we had a social meet first

over a year ago

I always like a social first, not saying that any of the socials didn't then become a very fun evening afterwards but I never kiss and tell

over a year ago

Well I think its fine just to have a chat and a drink .........But you may have some after ask if you would like to go down lovers lane for a kiss and feel around . lolol

over a year ago

"I've done both.

But.. Very few social meets end up as play meets.

A social is my unsure default setting...

"

This...

over a year ago

I have done socials in the past when I was solely meeting 1-1.

After returning to fab I'm mainly just going to parties/clubs with my friends, if there are people there that I already know and have met I may play with them, if I meet knew people I take the opportunity to get to know them and go from there. It's essentially a social with no expectations and a great night out with your mates.

If the chemistry is right with someone I've just met and there is opportunity then we may play that night, otherwise I've created an opportunity to keep in touch and meet them at a later date or play with them at the next party we're both at.

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

If they don't want to be seen in public with me then we'll it's highly unlikely they will ever see me in my Bridget jones's

over a year ago

we have socials ..all good . only one fem rejected us but we since found out more about her and think we had a lucky escape..

we often natter so much on meets with friends we almost forget to play ..makes for some late nights

over a year ago

I don't like pubs. Coffee is fine.

over a year ago

it is a must for us as no matter how much you chat via messages or phone can you see if there is any chemistry between all people involved.

over a year ago

You know what's coming ....

We don't do socials lol !

But we can certainly see why single women would like to .

over a year ago

Always have a social..they can like it or lump it

By *uietlyBohemianCouple
over a year ago

Newcastle-under-Lyme

We do socials first if it's the first time meeting someone. A drink in a pub (or at a home) is quite fine, unless we're able to walk there and back, only one of us will have anything alcoholic to drink.

Takes the pressure off from the expectation to play, and allows everyone to make a cool choice about whether the spark is there to meet again for full play. Between the couples we meet and us, about half of our socials go on to be 2nd meets, and that's just fine with us.

We probably miss out on a few gorgeous people who are "too busy" to exchange emails or a phone call, and "life's too short" to wait for a 2nd meet, and it's certainly "our loss"...

... But then our 2nd meets have been bloody fantastic, so we're not feeling that particular loss too badly

over a year ago

A social meet/drink is vital to see if there is any sexual chemistry, and with it just being a social there is no pressure on either party.

Surprised to hear that the OP has found guys are reluctant to meet that way 1st.

over a year ago

"we have socials ..all good . only one fem rejected us but we since found out more about her and think we had a lucky escape..

we often natter so much on meets with friends we almost forget to play ..makes for some late nights "

I went for a meet with a lady a year or so ago...turned up, she answered the door, basque, heels, makeup, absolutely beautiful she was, and still is I hasten to add.....

Yup, we ended up chatting and rolling about streaming tears of laughter all night...it got too late by the time we realised so I had to go home with just a kiss...doh! That's just how it played out though...fortunately I was invited back and we became friends

I'd rather start that way than just go round and push for sex....my brain is just as interested in being entertained and often over rules my cock if it's being paid some attention....

By *lashheartMan
over a year ago

shrewsbury

I'd rather a drink first, I have met a couple ladies and played first meet after booking a room near them but was worried they wouldn't turn up (yes happens to us guys too)

over a year ago

"You know what's coming ....

We don't do socials lol !

But we can certainly see why single women would like to .

"

And the guys too....

over a year ago

what I hate most about these threads is the OP of the thread always starts asking if they are wrong to insist on a social.....and then the entire thread is full of people in amazement that anyone, let alone a single woman, would even dream of meeting without a social first. Of course they dress it up and are very polite saying that they understand that other people meet how they want to meet blahblahblah etc etc but really they are thinking that those that have a social meet first are more choosy about who they meet, are more concerned about connection and attraction, and are more safety conscious...all of which is bollocks, quite frankly.......anyway don't mind me,, as you were, back to discussing the wonders of the social while I'm apparently putting myself in danger by meeting the first guy that messages for a fuck and go as that appears to be the alternative option.

thanks. I feel better now

over a year ago

When meeting on my oen I always have a social first. Lots of people don't like that but it's fine, we just don't meet.

Stick to what you want OP, don't let people make you feel bad. x

over a year ago

"what I hate most about these threads is the OP of the thread always starts asking if they are wrong to insist on a social.....and then the entire thread is full of people in amazement that anyone, let alone a single woman, would even dream of meeting without a social first. Of course they dress it up and are very polite saying that they understand that other people meet how they want to meet blahblahblah etc etc but really they are thinking that those that have a social meet first are more choosy about who they meet, are more concerned about connection and attraction, and are more safety conscious...all of which is bollocks, quite frankly.......anyway don't mind me,, as you were, back to discussing the wonders of the social while I'm apparently putting myself in danger by meeting the first guy that messages for a fuck and go as that appears to be the alternative option.

thanks. I feel better now "

Anyone that doesn't have a social is Insaaaane.

x

over a year ago

Straight down to shagging, no need for drinks as its casual sex lol

By *lanemikeMan
over a year ago

Bolton

Happy to meet for a drink. Anyone out there...???

over a year ago

I always say a social first, met a guy from here who I got on well with on here and on the phone, looked really nice in his pics but on meeting him I didn't feel any sexual attraction at all. I did tell him and he wasn't happy but this why I always insist on a social because there would be nothing worse than arranging a fun meet to not like the person.

over a year ago

"

Anyone that doesn't have a social is Insaaaane.

x"

that's me.....insane in the membrane ....

over a year ago

"I always say a social first, met a guy from here who I got on well with on here and on the phone, looked really nice in his pics but on meeting him I didn't feel any sexual attraction at all. I did tell him and he wasn't happy but this why I always insist on a social because there would be nothing worse than arranging a fun meet to not like the person.

"

over a year ago

My doctor said I was insane too so no social just shag

over a year ago

Very happy to meet socially first. It doesn't mean that things can't progress rapidly! Likewise, one or the other of you can back out gracefully.

By *LCCCouple
over a year ago

Cambridge

We like to do what we have coined "social with the hope of play" so a meet up in a pub near where we can play (our house or theirs) so if it all clicks then great, move onto the play. But if not, then it's easier to remove yourself from the situation.

I think what couples can do and what singles can do is different though. For a single woman to meet a single man in her house or his has the potential to be much more dangerous

over a year ago

Some people I want to meet are just too far away to travel to for a social only. So I like to make sure that if we do meet up and there's no chemistry - we're all happy just to have a few drinks and a good laugh. I'm happy to say that y instincts are usually right and so the travel is always worth it.

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

It's interesting to think that the general profiles, interests and attitudes can change over time - I've not really had a break from here but notice some things occasionally.

I stick to my guns, I'm a tenacious sort, so if they don't meet my way, then I'm not going forwards with interest.

I think it's a good thing to put your own, possibly your families' and your career safety first, and a public meeting is a fairly easy way to do this.

I like to involve cctv as well as the potential use of friends as backup: not as stand-in fuckees, but to know what I'm doing.

over a year ago

I like a social gives both parties chance to know each other better before deciding if you want to take things further

over a year ago

"what I hate most about these threads is the OP of the thread always starts asking if they are wrong to insist on a social.....and then the entire thread is full of people in amazement that anyone, let alone a single woman, would even dream of meeting without a social first. Of course they dress it up and are very polite saying that they understand that other people meet how they want to meet blahblahblah etc etc but really they are thinking that those that have a social meet first are more choosy about who they meet, are more concerned about connection and attraction, and are more safety conscious...all of which is bollocks, quite frankly.......anyway don't mind me,, as you were, back to discussing the wonders of the social while I'm apparently putting myself in danger by meeting the first guy that messages for a fuck and go as that appears to be the alternative option.

I was putting my experience and preference up there, definitely wasn't suggesting everyone do the same as my preference.

I have turned up to meet guys without meeting for a social first and based on those experiences, formed the decision to go for a social first.

If you can meet people and have great meets without a social, then honestly,that's awesome... less time wasting and more likely not to miss out on gorgeous people you want to me.

I've just had to say no to a gorgeous guy simply because I "should be on a dating site if I want a drink first".... because of course, people who like a connection on some level only want a relationship, based on one meeting.

By *oxy_minxWoman
over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

I always do a social first, if someone isn't happy with it? Then tough we wont be meeting.

In the past I did do a social meet at mine and things took a turn for the worse where I had to ask someone to leave, which luckily for me they did.

So now, it is always a social in a public place, and this wont change

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

Social first every time for me and experiences has proved that it works for me. The stats, that things go further in maybe 1 in 20 or more meets prove to me that this filter works for me.

I have a few good friends whom I met on here, had a social only with and long after they left the site we are still mates.

For me, I cannot imagine a situation where I would play on the first meet - possibly when out with my partner but not on my own.

By *londeCazWoman
over a year ago

Arse End of the Universe, Cumbria

I've never had a problem with anyone not wanting to meet socially apart from the occasional local attached bloke who obviously couldn't be seen in our local with someone not his significant other - never had any abuse for it though

over a year ago

I was putting my experience and preference up there, definitely wasn't suggesting everyone do the same as my preference.

I have turned up to meet guys without meeting for a social first and based on those experiences, formed the decision to go for a social first.

If you can meet people and have great meets without a social, then honestly,that's awesome... less time wasting and more likely not to miss out on gorgeous people you want to me.

I've just had to say no to a gorgeous guy simply because I "should be on a dating site if I want a drink first".... because of course, people who like a connection on some level only want a relationship, based on one meeting. "

Probably playing away from home anyway lol

over a year ago

I'd never object to a social meet but I do wonder if some people are here purely for the social aspect with no real intention to take it any further...that's fine although can be a little misleading at times especially when their profile is plastered with explicit images

By *ENDAROOSCouple
over a year ago

South West London / Surrey

We don't have a set rule...

Happy with social only meets, happy to meet and see how things go and equally happy to jump right in (with the right people of course)

Really depends for us on a few things how we go about meets.

over a year ago

"Straight down to shagging, no need for drinks as its casual sex lol "

i do have this image of you on a meet

By *L RogueMan
over a year ago

London

I ask for a social first...that's not to say sex won't take place but it depends on mutual attraction. It works for some people and not for others.

over a year ago

Never had a social if the connection is there why go on a date?

over a year ago

"Never had a social if the connection is there why go on a date?"

Because maybe when you meet they're 10 years older and 10 stone heavier than their pics and haven't washed in a week!

over a year ago

"I'd never object to a social meet but I do wonder if some people are here purely for the social aspect with no real intention to take it any further...that's fine although can be a little misleading at times especially when their profile is plastered with explicit images "

over a year ago

An excellent observation

Forum Mod

over a year ago

Every new meet of mine starts off as a social

They rarely end that way though

No one lives close enough to us to pop up the road for a quick drink,unless we're at a club or a party then it takes planning to arrange a meet

By *allipygousMan
over a year ago

Leicester

Lol an excellent example of why you're one of my favourite forumites

over a year ago

"We're not ones for a social as we speak a hell of a lot before actually meeting up and always do at the meet also. We both have a thing about meeting someone and the nerves flying around, the do I like them don't I, and as of yet all has been fine. If someone insisted in a social first we wouldn't mind but we wouldn't want that to be a long drawn out thing, a quick drink and pleasantries would do us then play time soon after. "

over a year ago

"Every new meet of mine starts off as a social

They rarely end that way though

No one lives close enough to us to pop up the road for a quick drink,unless we're at a club or a party then it takes planning to arrange a meet "

over a year ago

"Never had a social if the connection is there why go on a date?

Because maybe when you meet they're 10 years older and 10 stone heavier than their pics and haven't washed in a week! "

And with green teeth and look like shrek. lol

over a year ago

Because maybe when you meet they're 10 years older and 10 stone heavier than their pics and haven't washed in a week! And with green teeth and look like shrek. lol "

If that happens on a non social meet there is still that option to walk away! !

over a year ago

Lol an excellent example of why you're one of my favourite forumites "

Awww shucks, thanks

I don't think anyone else shares your views. ...i feel all overcome (entirely different to feeling cum over )

over a year ago

I like a social meet first as I'm not going to bother shaving my legs for someone who I'm not going to fuck. I've had a few socials where I've got on well with them online but we've had nothing to say to each other in person, and I'm glad I didn't go to the effort of getting ready to have sex with them to then just want to turn around and leave after half an hour

I live and work in a city though, so it's no hardship for me to pop out for a drink or coffee for an hour. If I lived in some bullshit countryside place where it took me an hour to get anywhere I'm sure I'd feel differently.

By *igeiaWoman
over a year ago

Bristol

I live in the countryside outside the city I work in so schlepping into town on an evening or weekend isn't always an option for me, plus I don't mind travelling to meet someone I am interested in but like to make my limited free time count. As a consequence, I have only ever had one social only meet, and that was with a guy I'd already met sexually since we both fancied a coffee and were both off work on a Saturday morning (I did also shave my legs beforehand though, just in case). I have Skyped people socially, messaged them on here and via other methods and have made my mind up about meeting them for sex purely from that, since I count those as indirect socials. I have yet to change my mind when meeting someone in person; if I did I would consider changing my methods but my current one works for me.

over a year ago

Because maybe when you meet they're 10 years older and 10 stone heavier than their pics and haven't washed in a week! And with green teeth and look like shrek. lol

If that happens on a non social meet there is still that option to walk away! !"

Very true but some might feel hard done by expecting to play and label someone a time waster for doing this where at a social, there is no pressure. That's how I see it anyway although everyone has the right to say no.

over a year ago

Because maybe when you meet they're 10 years older and 10 stone heavier than their pics and haven't washed in a week! And with green teeth and look like shrek. lol

If that happens on a non social meet there is still that option to walk away! !"

wow you girls really meet some beauties eh! when a girl tells us guys she is curvy we go with it. 20lbs heavier? Oh come in your here now! not had a wash? Towel and showers over there and hurry up! green teeth oooh no kissing sorry but you can suck my cock after its been up your arse fiona!!

over a year ago

Very true but some might feel hard done by expecting to play and label someone a time waster for doing this where at a social, there is no pressure. That's how I see it anyway although everyone has the right to say no."

Not if you discuss it before hand

over a year ago

Very true but some might feel hard done by expecting to play and label someone a time waster for doing this where at a social, there is no pressure. That's how I see it anyway although everyone has the right to say no.

Not if you discuss it before hand"

So effectively its a social

over a year ago

"We always say social drink, but happy to play if all agree - gives everyone an 'out' if there is no spark

For a single woman I think it's vital!

Sara"

over a year ago

So effectively its a social "

that is why I have my methods of sussing them out beforehand.....I've never had a social yet in nearly 4 years....

over a year ago

So effectively its a social

that is why I have my methods of sussing them out beforehand.....I've never had a social yet in nearly 4 years...."

not surprised with a butt like yours to a driver thats like looking at a ferrari you wanna go but could you really handle it? your methods obviously work

over a year ago

I totally agree with this. I ask to arrange a social meet for a coffee or tea and people just delete my messages. Not good

Post new Message to Thread