FabSwingers.com mobile

Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

How to become more muscular (female body)

Jump to newest

By *lutmeup500 OP   Woman
over a year ago

London

Hi

I was just wondering how females should go about supplements / diet / exercise to abstain a more muscular and toned body. I want both tone and gain muscle.

Currently I do four sessions of insanity per week, four sessions of spin, one aerobics class, one yoga/pump class depending on how shattered I am, and a Kettlebell class. This is spread over the week and four times a week I also spend an additional 2 hours in the gym. I mainly only do rowing machine, treadmill, cycle machine and cross trainer.

When I first started I was very unhappy as what was once a flat and tight stomach was, to be honest, getting fat. That's gone and I'm pleased with upper body progress.

What id like to know is what do I do with diet and supplements and how do I change my exercise plan to build muscle and tone more? Particularly my legs. It never comes off there.

Thanks

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 24/03/15 13:29:51]

over a year ago

start training with weights/bodybuilding

you dont have to worry about losing your femininity. that happens when drugs/steroids are added into the mix

train with weights, choose a bodypart split/routine like PPL or upper/lower split and get your diet/macros in order for your goals.

you dont need to worry too much about supps if your diets rich in the proteins/carbs/fats your body needs to change

over a year ago

Cycling 70-80 miles a week and running a few times a week did wonders for toning my legs last year.

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 24/03/15 13:35:12]

over a year ago

mabe speak to the trainers at ya gym hun coz ya doing lots already they can advise on diet plans n best exercises for the kind of results you lookin for but deffo stay well away from steds or quick fix on line products hun yes they can get results but they aint worth the other shit that comes with em

over a year ago

I'm keeping an eye on the ladies.

over a year ago

Yep I'd agree your current training is far too much to make gains in muscle ; you need quite a surplus of calorie and "they" talk about needing 1.5 g of protein per pound of body weight a day.

A 3/4 day split so maybe 2 muscle groups each day one exercise each 3sets of 12 do light weights but make each rep last 14sec under constant tension : flex muscle at the start of the movement 2 count up flex at top for a 5 count and lower back to the start over 7 seconds

I hope that gives you something new to try

over a year ago

Squat, bench press and deadlift, you can't go wrong

over a year ago

"Hi

I was just wondering how females should go about supplements / diet / exercise to abstain a more muscular and toned body. I want both tone and gain muscle.

Currently I do four sessions of insanity per week, four sessions of spin, one aerobics class, one yoga/pump class depending on how shattered I am, and a Kettlebell class. This is spread over the week and four times a week I also spend an additional 2 hours in the gym. I mainly only do rowing machine, treadmill, cycle machine and cross trainer.

When I first started I was very unhappy as what was once a flat and tight stomach was, to be honest, getting fat. That's gone and I'm pleased with upper body progress.

What id like to know is what do I do with diet and supplements and how do I change my exercise plan to build muscle and tone more? Particularly my legs. It never comes off there.

Thanks"

Sack off the redicoulous amount of classes and settle into the more common 3 heavy weight work outs a week plus cardio as wanted on the weekend.

You do not grow in the gym you grow in bed.

Also if you want to gain muscle you will gain fat at the same time as it requires a calorie surplus.

You can't really lose fat and gain muscle our site of the first little noobie gains windows when you first start training.

And in regard so spot training the fat off your legs that's not really possible fat comes off as a whole you can't make it come off a specific place

over a year ago

For losing fat though that's pretty much all diet because in 5 miniutes you can eat more than you can burn in 5 hours.

If you got a smart phone do the myfitnespal app and log everything g you eat for a week.

Don't set goals etc just honestly log everything, every individual snack an biscuit and then you can get a nice accurate look at what you're consuming and also the break down.

You may find your carb heavy with low fat and protien intake.

Which would make both weight loss or muscle gain very difficult

over a year ago

Wow - that's some exercise op - admirable dedication to fitness!

Think you're def going for quantity over quality when it comes to exercise though!

I'd recommend taking a couple of sessions with a personal trainer at your gym - or an outside one if your gym doesn't have them.

They can give you a diet and exercise plan which suits your body type, your goals and your weight perfectly - and leave you with manageable targets. I did this a few years ago and never looked back! I spend far less time in the gym now but get better results for my efforts! xx

By *eshzMan
over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 24/03/15 15:35:07]

By *eshzMan
over a year ago

Its really simple calculation op... If your aim is to lose body fat and tone, many comments above have given good suggestions. You can YouTube Jim Stoppani on YouTube, he provides diet plans and workout instructions... Don't worry so much bout the supplements vendored. You can still get good results without that many supplements. Check out www. bodyforlife . Com as well. There's bucket loads of free recipes workout and advice on bodybuilding . Com as well . If I can help in anyway feel free to send a message and no this is not a chat up line , be good to help another achieve their goal.

over a year ago

I think you also need a high level of testosterone as well? I build muscle easily, get kickboxers legs if i exercise just a bit, but i'm also hairy for a female too. Am still fairly muscly now and don't really move about much any more. Thanks menapause...

over a year ago

"Hi

Thanks"

Lift weights. Big compound weights. Three or four times a week. Lift hard, lift heavy.

You don't need supplements or to change your diet, you need to lift stuff and concentrate on weights rather than cardio.

over a year ago

"Wow - that's some exercise op - admirable dedication to fitness!"

No, it's not. It's bordering on unhealthy.

over a year ago

Exactly as the other guys say - drop the cardio and work on weight lifting. You burn far more calories for longer lifting than you ever will spinning or running.

Lift heavy, and group your larger muscle groups with smaller groups. Superset and take shorter rest breaks (90secs max).

And don't use those machines - free weights are the only way!

over a year ago

"Exactly as the other guys say - drop the cardio and work on weight lifting. You burn far more calories for longer lifting than you ever will spinning or running.

Lift heavy, and group your larger muscle groups with smaller groups. Superset and take shorter rest breaks (90secs max).

And don't use those machines - free weights are the only way!"

Except lifting isn't about burning calories because you'll be wanting to run a calorie surplus.

Machines can be very helpful for new people or lone trainers as there's a lot less risk of injury so don't discount them fully.

Op strong lifts 5x5 is a good starting point for getting into compound lifts.

If you've had a good trainer at body pump you should already have a good form for the squats, ohp and if you wanted to add in an extra of clean an press that too.

But the way you're shown deadlift in that class is wrong as it should be bar dead from the floor not from hanging at the knees.

There's plenty of videos for each exercise though. Filming yourself from the side is good for keeping an eye on your form too.

over a year ago

"Hi

Thanks

Lift weights. Big compound weights. Three or four times a week. Lift hard, lift heavy.

"

If you don't have good form for the love of God do not lift hard and heavy when starting compounds start with the bar for all but deadlift (need plates to raise the bar to the right height and it need some weight for the movement) then slowly add weight keeping good form.

Lifting silly heavy weights right away is going to lead to injury and with the big compound lifts that's going to be if your lucky a few months to years of pain if you're unlucky permanent.

" You don't need supplements or to change your diet, you need to lift stuff and concentrate on weights rather than cardio."

Without knowing her diet how on earth can you make that assessment?

Given that diet is something that can ruin even the perfect training program you'd have to be an idiot to ignore it.

By *issHottieBottieWoman
over a year ago

Kent

Whatever you do don't ask for advice on here.. Everyone will tell you they are or used to be a personal trainer and everyone will tell you that everyone else is wrong..

One thing someone elaborated on though that is true.. Don't go into a gym and try to start heaving around heavy weights. You'll do yourself a serious injury if your form is off. Any good gym should have someone there that can advice you. Also googling beginners weight training workouts will give you the basic elements to start with x

over a year ago

Everyone is different when it comes to making good gains so what works for someone might not give you the results you want . Something else you might want to think about is how quickly the body will get used to a work out.

I personally work on a 8 week cycle . I do not claim to be an expert or a personal trainer but a different movement followed by a compound keeps the muscles guessing.

Also not a chat up line but I would be interested in how you get on...,

You should keep us up with how it's going

over a year ago

Its basically the same as men. You need to be in surplus calories to gain muscles, so women eat 2000 to maintain, add another 500 to see some muscle gain and increase protein and eat 1.5 x your body weight, as for exercise, do all the leg machines your gym got, about 5 sets and keep the reps to 10 to 14

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

It is not the same for men and women in as much as women retain water more easily and in different places; so if you are going for real body building and competition there is a real science to it.

For one, when body builders take certain (sometimes illegal) supplements the hormonal impact is hugely different for men and women and some effects are irreversible in women.

I visited the Bodybuilding competition in Nottingham in June last year and was surprised to see what successful bodybuilders eat and drink and how they exercise...

I think the answer is as some have suggested earlier... to find somebody who holds a suitable PT qualification with a specific interest in what you want, ie bodybuilding, bikini, power lifting, weight loss etc etc. and get specific advice for your specific circumstances.

That trainer will look at you, take your stats, look at life style and then advise you. Not really possible on here. Best of luck

over a year ago

Just be careful "personal trainers" the average gym trainer is usually an idiot and generally pedals the latest fad to keep customers interested as they want the program all their friends are talking about that month.

Do your own research

The ififym (if it fits your macros) site has a good calculator for working out your nutritional goals for gaining or losing weight.

Mfp is good for logging the nutrition.

Trainers at the gym can be good for checking form though the last one I saw teaching a young girl how to squat was too busy staring at her arse the whole time to notice her heels were in the air and knees about 5 inches in front of her toes

The whole "degree in sports science" thing they have pinned to the wall doesn't mean they're a good trainer.

over a year ago

for every 20 men on here who claim to be athletic/gym boys/bodybuilders you can take it as one out them will actually be that.

best go on sites for people who know what they are talking about

over a year ago

"Squat, bench press and deadlift, you can't go wrong"

This

By *airy_HettyWoman
over a year ago

Greater London

Boxing and swimming.

over a year ago

"for every 20 men on here who claim to be athletic/gym boys/bodybuilders you can take it as one out them will actually be that.

best go on sites for people who know what they are talking about"

Except sites where 'people know what they are talking about' will most likely just talk down to you because you're a woman, tell you that women need different training plans, and then tell you that you need to supplement to hell to make any improvement.

I'm a qualified personal trainer. I used to be a powerlifter who entered competitions (and did well!). I used to primarily train bodybuilders.

I generally give the same advice to women who want to start lifting. Look up your local powerlifting club. Join. Go religiously. Guys who powerlift are generally wonderful and they really know their stuff.

Don't worry about supplements. Eat lots of colourful vegetables. Drop cardio to two-three times a week. Keep up the yoga.

If you lift regularly you'll see your body change within three months and you'll be strong as well as visibly muscled.

over a year ago

This guy talks sense. I have protein shakes to help with my gains. And def less cardio. Lots of fish and chicken. Good luck x

"Everyone is different when it comes to making good gains so what works for someone might not give you the results you want . Something else you might want to think about is how quickly the body will get used to a work out.

I personally work on a 8 week cycle . I do not claim to be an expert or a personal trainer but a different movement followed by a compound keeps the muscles guessing.

Also not a chat up line but I would be interested in how you get on...,

You should keep us up with how it's going "

By *SweetVioletxWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

With the amount you are doing especially cardio you body will be using everything you eat just to maintain.

Rest days are as important as training days for recovery and allowing the body to gather itself.

I woukd echo others who have said a personal trainer and a meal plan is what you need - you are doung so much that it's unlikely your body has the fuel it needs at the moment.

Good luck x

By *ust_for_laughsCouple
over a year ago

Hinckley

Kick-boxing gave Mrs JFL the physique she has in the image about halfway down our gallery (torso shot, taken from behind).

over a year ago

The only supps I take are Right for the UK hen the venue is Pulse nightclub in Cardiff to see the dreamboys ?? Tickets are £30 each, this includes a buffet, 2 hour strip show plus more (see link for full details) http://www.dreamboys.co.uk/hen-nights-cardiff/

The date is Saturday the 13th of June (Kally doesn't know the venue so please keep it as a surprise!)

The tickets are selling out fast and they need to be ordered the same time to ensure everyone is seated together so if everyone could firstly let me know if you're coming, then we can sort out the money.

Regards liver oil, psyllium husk capsules and zinc.

By *ust_for_laughsCouple
over a year ago

Hinckley

Did that just go all wrong?

over a year ago

What the hell? I've somehow pasted a message I sent to a group of hens on my whatsapp!

Sorry!

over a year ago

Cut down on the carbs x

over a year ago

And sugar is the root of all evil lol

over a year ago

"And sugar is the root of all evil lol"

Yeah definitely, I bought banana slim fast the other week, drank it thought hmm this is actually quite nice, entered the two shakes on my fitness pal and had a warning saying I'd gone over my daily sugar allowance. Each shake had 31 grams of sugar in that's like 15 tea spoons! I didn't bother checking the content cos it was a weight loss product, shouldn't be that much sugar in them! I've bought casein whey protein now instead 1.4 grams of sugar per serving, 24grams of protein and 2grams of carbs.

over a year ago

"for every 20 men on here who claim to be athletic/gym boys/bodybuilders you can take it as one out them will actually be that.

best go on sites for people who know what they are talking about"

well I am athletic so I know my stuff

over a year ago

"Squat, bench press and deadlift, you can't go wrong

This "

in terms of muscle development, and good eating plan with the above will go along way to getting quality muscle mass.

and remember there is no overnight fix, you need to be consistent (weeks and months), and the results will come.

good luck with it.

over a year ago

best go on sites for people who know what they are talking aboutwell I am athletic so I know my stuff "

as you seem to keep saying any chance you get,i really dont see why you consider yourself a weightlifter/bodybuilder.you look like someone who does sport rather than a muscular man.

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 25/03/15 17:50:50]

over a year ago

best go on sites for people who know what they are talking aboutwell I am athletic so I know my stuff

as you seem to keep saying any chance you get,i really dont see why you consider yourself a weightlifter/bodybuilder.you look like someone who does sport rather than a muscular man."

Yes cos I can say it and I do weighlifting lol. Why do you then go around and say on all fitness threads with any chance you get saying negative stuff lol.

over a year ago

best go on sites for people who know what they are talking aboutwell I am athletic so I know my stuff

as you seem to keep saying any chance you get,i really dont see why you consider yourself a weightlifter/bodybuilder.you look like someone who does sport rather than a muscular man.Yes cos I can say it and I do weighlifting lol. Why do you then go around and say on all fitness threads with any chance you get saying negative stuff lol."

What's your snatch like??!

over a year ago

as you seem to keep saying any chance you get,i really dont see why you consider yourself a weightlifter/bodybuilder.you look like someone who does sport rather than a muscular man.Yes cos I can say it and I do weighlifting lol. Why do you then go around and say on all fitness threads with any chance you get saying negative stuff lol.

What's your snatch like??! "

Yes. I don't do it so much but can do 60kg 5 times and you?.

over a year ago

as you seem to keep saying any chance you get,i really dont see why you consider yourself a weightlifter/bodybuilder.you look like someone who does sport rather than a muscular man.Yes cos I can say it and I do weighlifting lol. Why do you then go around and say on all fitness threads with any chance you get saying negative stuff lol.

What's your snatch like??! Yes. I don't do it so much but can do 60kg 5 times and you?."

I have very tidy snatch, its pretty powerful too!

over a year ago

What's your snatch like??! Yes. I don't do it so much but can do 60kg 5 times and you?.

I have very tidy snatch, its pretty powerful too!"

That's good and nice to have a tidy grip and snatch

By *lackHardDickMan
over a year ago

London

Seeing as u asked nicely

Have continuous sex in different positions make sure the sex last for longer than a hour, And do this once everyday.

You will both loose weight an get toned at the same time

over a year ago

"And sugar is the root of all evil lol

Yeah definitely, I bought banana slim fast the other week, drank it thought hmm this is actually quite nice, entered the two shakes on my fitness pal and had a warning saying I'd gone over my daily sugar allowance. Each shake had 31 grams of sugar in that's like 15 tea spoons! I didn't bother checking the content cos it was a weight loss product, shouldn't be that much sugar in them! I've bought casein whey protein now instead 1.4 grams of sugar per serving, 24grams of protein and 2grams of carbs. "

Not to be a pedant but casein and whey are differnt things. Both from milk though.

The whey is quickly digestable the casein is slower to digest.

Pwo whey is good for quickly supplying muscle with nitrogen.

Casein is good for keeping you feeling full when dieting or before bed, doesn't mix as well as whey and tends to be cheaper.

over a year ago

"And sugar is the root of all evil lol"

Root of all insulin as well so for gaining muscle very useful at rhe right time.

By *imiUKMan
over a year ago

Hereford

Christ! Theres actually loads of sensible advice on this thread...

If I were you, OP, I'd check out New Rules Of lifting for Women or Stronglifts 5 x 5. Those are good places to start.

over a year ago

What's your snatch like??! Yes. I don't do it so much but can do 60kg 5 times and you?.

I have very tidy snatch, its pretty powerful too!"

It looks it

Post new Message to Thread