Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

repetitive profiles

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Is there a "how to construct a fab profile" book somewhere? The majority of the profiles I read just say the same as the last, and that was rubbish too. I only read guys profiles so I'm not singling men out purposely but my examples all come men's profiles.

So I want to know what things that you read over and over either amuses you, bores you, annoys you etc

I think its funny when guys but "wanna know more, just ask" when they have one line before it!! Of course I want to know more but because you can't make the effort with your profile text I can't be bothered to make the effort to message you lol

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

I could have written this, OP... but I did not.

Nothing irritates me more than the "just ask"...

I do not want to ask away... have a decent profile or jog on...

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

You know what really grinds my gears? When you spend ages writing an amazing profile, then some chancer comes along and copies and pastes half your profile text.

By *ee VianteWoman
over a year ago

Somewhere in North Norfolk

"I'm not here to meet half the site"

I wonder how many would really say no!

over a year ago

Just seen one that said "errr"

Forum Mod

over a year ago

"You know what really grinds my gears? When you spend ages writing an amazing profile, then some chancer comes along and copies and pastes half your profile text."

Yeah ok you've made your point,now let admin deal with it as they're the only ones who can do something about it

over a year ago

I haven't seen anyone have a profile like me and as well to mention I like haribos there

over a year ago

"I could have written this, OP... but I did not.

Nothing irritates me more than the "just ask"...

I do not want to ask away... have a decent profile or jog on..."

Its my pet hate although their are plenty of other examples. The funniest or most irrating are those that are just cliché after cliché and actually tell you nothing!

By *ee VianteWoman
over a year ago

Somewhere in North Norfolk

Will fill in later

By *izzy RascallMan
over a year ago

Cardiff

I dont remember the last time I read a profile

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

"I haven't seen anyone have a profile like me and as well to mention I like haribos there "
If you could kindly tell me where I can get genuine haribos as per drawing on your profile I would be deeply indebted to you

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

"Will fill in later"
I always wondered what they were thinking of filling at this point

over a year ago

"Will fill in later"

over a year ago

Hundreds that just say "hi"

By *allipygousMan
over a year ago

Leicester

"Is there a "how to construct a fab profile" book somewhere? The majority of the profiles I read just say the same as the last, and that was rubbish too. I only read guys profiles so I'm not singling men out purposely but my examples all come men's profiles.

So I want to know what things that you read over and over either amuses you, bores you, annoys you etc

I think its funny when guys but "wanna know more, just ask" when they have one line before it!! Of course I want to know more but because you can't make the effort with your profile text I can't be bothered to make the effort to message you lol"

Yeah, I get what you mean. I'm the same with pic-less female profiles that just say what they don't want and nothing about what they can offer.

By *irceWoman
over a year ago

Gloucester

Writing a profile is quite difficult for many guys i think, maybe due to not being able to express themselves without the fear of looking like a wet blanket to other guys and then getting anxious about it.

Talked to many with short profiles and it can be very surprising in a good way.

over a year ago

"Will fill in later

"

Oh yeah that's a popular one

over a year ago

"You know what really grinds my gears? When you spend ages writing an amazing profile, then some chancer comes along and copies and pastes half your profile text."

Some guy basically stole a popular forum users whole profile a long time ago and then started a forum thread asking for feedback

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

"Writing a profile is quite difficult for many guys i think, maybe due to not being able to express themselves without the fear of looking like a wet blanket to other guys and then getting anxious about it.

"

I can see where you are coming from actually...

over a year ago

Holy shit balls batman better edit mine!

over a year ago

"You know what really grinds my gears? When you spend ages writing an amazing profile, then some chancer comes along and copies and pastes half your profile text.

Some guy basically stole a popular forum users whole profile a long time ago and then started a forum thread asking for feedback "

Pmsl wot a twit

By *bi HaiveMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Cheeseville, Somerset

"You know what really grinds my gears? When you spend ages writing an amazing profile, then some chancer comes along and copies and pastes half your profile text.

Some guy basically stole a popular forum users whole profile a long time ago and then started a forum thread asking for feedback "

It happened to me on my old solo profile and brightonsteve too!

(he was the popular one! )

A

over a year ago

"Writing a profile is quite difficult for many guys i think, maybe due to not being able to express themselves without the fear of looking like a wet blanket to other guys and then getting anxious about it.

I can see where you are coming from actually... "

I can totally believe there are a lot of nice people with shit profiles but they are seriously limiting the amount of people who'll give them the chance to prove it when there are so many others with good profiles.

over a year ago

""I'm not here to meet half the site"

No, they want to meet ALL of it "

over a year ago

"I haven't seen anyone have a profile like me and as well to mention I like haribos there If you could kindly tell me where I can get genuine haribos as per drawing on your profile I would be deeply indebted to you "
Yes would be fun if you could have a drawing of a haribo on the profile, not sure where it would be found

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

I can see where you are coming from actually...

I can totally believe there are a lot of nice people with shit profiles but they are seriously limiting the amount of people who'll give them the chance to prove it when there are so many others with good profiles. "

Agree with you there and, while it does not seem fair, there are so many more men on here than women so it is like that they have to try that bit harder perhaps?

By *ENDAROOSCouple
over a year ago

South West London / Surrey

"Holy shit balls batman better edit mine! "

People from the south can be friendly too you know....

over a year ago

I wonder if Waterstones stock the Complete Idiots Guide To Fab Profiles. It could be a top seller.

over a year ago

Oh look another whinge about men from someone who is only here to whinge on the forums

over a year ago

"I wonder if Waterstones stock the Complete Idiots Guide To Fab Profiles. It could be a top seller."

over a year ago

"Oh look another whinge about men from someone who is only here to whinge on the forums "

I'm not whinging its a great filter when searching profiles.

By *inaTitzTV/TS
over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

Originality is to be praised

over a year ago

"Originality is to be praised "

Amen to that some of the best I've read are the forum guys, assume that's because they like to chat and write things that people are interested in reading. Unfortunately, they are never near me!! I started participating in the forums in the hope of meeting someone who Id seen had displayed a nice personality.

over a year ago

"Holy shit balls batman better edit mine!

People from the south can be friendly too you know.... "

Prove it

By *igeiaWoman
over a year ago

Bristol

I am guilty of pretty much writing the same thing in two different ways on my profile. I added the second version though since I got so bored explaining the first over and over to those who never bothered reading it in the first place. As for ones that bug me, the 'will fill in later', 'ask if you want to know more' or the new spate of profiles that have no more than their kik address as text act as a kind of filter for me. Oh and the single bi girls who go onto explain in their text that they only meet with their FB/BF present without stating in what capacity. If he's a taxi service then fine. If he's in the room wanting to watch then as far as I'm concerned she is a couple.

By *oward1978Man
over a year ago

Rotherham

"Will fill in later"

This is the one I really hate. You can only assume these people aren't serious.

over a year ago

"Will fill in later

This is the one I really hate. You can only assume these people aren't serious."

Especially when they've been on site over a year!

over a year ago

Feel free to copy my profile text

By *B9 QueenWoman
over a year ago

Over the rainbow, under the bridge

I have spotted a few single female profiles with just 'xxx' as the text. Coupled with few or no pics it's unsurprising they often also have few veris.

over a year ago

i like our profile - and we do read the ones we look at - some are really good and funny and have had a few good chats just off profile content -

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

"Only here to interact in the forums.

I would consider chatting with interesting people but will not swap pics or talk dirty, Skype etc.

If you'd like to just chat, please send me an interesting message that I can respond to, not just "wanna chat" as that will be ignored. I'll also check your profile and if its short and uninteresting I'll assume you are uninteresting too and therefore not reply.

Oh and if there is a cock pic on your profile I definitely won't respond, definitely not the class of person I'd like to converse with, sorry

"

Picking up on the cock shot here... for me it is not so much that I don't like them. It is more about profiles that show 50 shades of same cock from different angles, nothing else. Nothing wrong with that but if that is all the profile offers I intuitively know I am likely to be bored with the man behind it.

By *iss_Samantha_LovecockTV/TS
over a year ago

bmth /poole sometimes blandford

so many are full of tired old cliches and unimaginative drivel and that idiotic disclaimer drives my mad

over a year ago

I have thought about my profile and hope it isn't too long and interesting enough. X

over a year ago

"Originality is to be praised "

Originality is to be praised

over a year ago

"Is there a "how to construct a fab profile" book somewhere? The majority of the profiles I read just say the same as the last, and that was rubbish too. I only read guys profiles so I'm not singling men out purposely but my examples all come men's profiles.

I think its funny when guys but "wanna know more, just ask" when they have one line before it!! Of course I want to know more but because you can't make the effort with your profile text I can't be bothered to make the effort to message you lol"

Your own profile being a shining example of informative and interesting

over a year ago

Updated my profile since this thread.

over a year ago

"Oh look another whinge about men from someone who is only here to whinge on the forums

I'm not whinging its a great filter when searching profiles. "

I'm a lazy cow,I don't search

By *ittle Pocket PerveWoman
over a year ago

Portsmouth

"I have spotted a few single female profiles with just 'xxx' as the text. Coupled with few or no pics it's unsurprising they often also have few veris. "

Me too...

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

Female profiles that state NO SINGLE MALES every half a dozen lines. Wouldn't it just be easier to filter out SINGLE MALES

over a year ago

"Female profiles that state NO SINGLE MALES every half a dozen lines. Wouldn't it just be easier to filter out SINGLE MALES "

Or single guys who rant about not being gay, men stop messaging!

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"Female profiles that state NO SINGLE MALES every half a dozen lines. Wouldn't it just be easier to filter out SINGLE MALES

Or single guys who rant about not being gay, men stop messaging!"

LOVE YOUR RANT

over a year ago

"Female profiles that state NO SINGLE MALES every half a dozen lines. Wouldn't it just be easier to filter out SINGLE MALES

Or single guys who rant about not being gay, men stop messaging!

LOVE YOUR RANT "

Why thanks

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

"I never know what to write in these things'

. How about engaging what may, and it is only - may - pass for a brain?

'Never had any complaints'

. You're probably too dense to understand them and care little for others anyway.

over a year ago

"Will fill in later"

Or "new to this" (and that's all) when they've joined weeks ago

over a year ago

Well this gave me a kick up backside to tidy up mine

over a year ago

I think its funny when guys but "wanna know more, just ask" when they have one line before it!! Of course I want to know more but because you can't make the effort with your profile text I can't be bothered to make the effort to message you lol

Your own profile being a shining example of informative and interesting "

Mine is deliberately aimed to deter incoming mail, I did have it hidden but the forumites got extremely angry and verbally abusive about that so I switched. I prefer to do the searching and I believe that to be my prerogative. However, I think you have misunderstood my post as I am referring to sayings that are repeated in hundreds of profiles and I think mine is unique!!

over a year ago

"Oh look another whinge about men from someone who is only here to whinge on the forums

I'm a lazy cow,I don't search "

I used to sit back and wait but after reading the forums people are always spouting don't moan just take action and search yourself. So that's what I did. I've not met anyone in 10 months coz I can't find a decent profile but still looking!

over a year ago

want to try new things, well I don't so bugger off. will try anything twice, we only get one life you know.

over a year ago

Yeah ok you've made your point,now let admin deal with it as they're the only ones who can do something about it"

I don't really know the story here,but are you saying admin don't allow phrases or sentences that may be used on another profile? If that's the case we are all in trouble

over a year ago

Yeah ok you've made your point,now let admin deal with it as they're the only ones who can do something about it

I don't really know the story here,but are you saying admin don't allow phrases or sentences that may be used on another profile? If that's the case we are all in trouble"

I think his whole profile was copied and used!!

over a year ago

When they write "I don't really know what to write here" lol well go and have a think and come back when you have something no need to write that, its like saying "i'm going to make a brew… back in a minute" in the middle of writing a letter, they wouldn't have even know you stopped and gone away if you hadn't written it. Its just useless, irrelevant information

over a year ago

Because men don't know what to say they want you to tie them up and whip a good profile out of them.

over a year ago

I used to sit back and wait but after reading the forums people are always spouting don't moan just take action and search yourself. So that's what I did. I've not met anyone in 10 months coz I can't find a decent profile but still looking! "

I'm doing very well with my approach. When I have profile text I don't have any demands or rants about what I don't want. No capital letters either. I don't have a long profile,just a few short paragraphs. I've met some lovely men and had some extremely good sex. And I don't have lots of naked or semi naked pics.

over a year ago

And I've met men who don't have much profile text or photos. We talked,we met.

over a year ago

I used to sit back and wait but after reading the forums people are always spouting don't moan just take action and search yourself. So that's what I did. I've not met anyone in 10 months coz I can't find a decent profile but still looking!

I'm doing very well with my approach. When I have profile text I don't have any demands or rants about what I don't want. No capital letters either. I don't have a long profile,just a few short paragraphs. I've met some lovely men and had some extremely good sex. And I don't have lots of naked or semi naked pics. "

I used to do well everyone I've met were lovely but I guess my expectations have changed along with the fact that every man and his dog seems to be joining now so it doesn't feel as nice as it did years ago. I agree women are very demanding on here but I believe each to their own, if it works for them good on them. Even if the only write "will fill in later" its their prerogative I just find it funny, especially when they've been on ages, have no veris then complain about the lack of response

over a year ago

"And I've met men who don't have much profile text or photos. We talked,we met."

I agree...an original profile doesn't necessarily make a good meet....I've chatted to guys with amazing profiles before and never got past a few messages before they have literally bored my tits off.

over a year ago

"And I've met men who don't have much profile text or photos. We talked,we met.

I agree...an original profile doesn't necessarily make a good meet....I've chatted to guys with amazing profiles before and never got past a few messages before they have literally bored my tits off."

Of course you are correct but if there is nothing in the profile I find interesting I would message in the hope that he was. If I spoke to someone with an amazing profile and he was a dick I'd not continue. I'm not saying it is conducive of an interesting person but they'd have more chance of getting a reply/message if they at least give the impression they are. Like is often said by many on here, its your shop window if you want to entice them in to have a nosey around then make it look good. They may leave without buying but at least they showed an interest.

By *allipygousMan
over a year ago

Leicester

I agree...an original profile doesn't necessarily make a good meet....I've chatted to guys with amazing profiles before and never got past a few messages before they have literally bored my tits off."

Not literally I hope, as that would be a damn shame

over a year ago

I agree...an original profile doesn't necessarily make a good meet....I've chatted to guys with amazing profiles before and never got past a few messages before they have literally bored my tits off.

Not literally I hope, as that would be a damn shame "

it's ok....I reattached them with Velcro....noone would ever tell

By *allipygousMan
over a year ago

Leicester

Not literally I hope, as that would be a damn shame

it's ok....I reattached them with Velcro....noone would ever tell "

over a year ago

Some guy basically stole a popular forum users whole profile a long time ago and then started a forum thread asking for feedback

A"

And Ryan

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 24/03/15 12:12:54]

over a year ago

People who demand a face pic from you and yet state that they will not send one.

Jog the fuck on.

By *inaTitzTV/TS
over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

Waves

By *bi HaiveMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Cheeseville, Somerset

A

And Ryan "

How did I forget that!!

It was obviously copied - too many burger references!

A

Post new Message to Thread