Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Single Of The Week!!!

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Not an award thread for all those singly's out there but a thread to post what undiscovered new tune you like and think will be a hit of the future.

To start it off, I heard this last week, shazaam'd it and have played it non stop since

It's called 'thieves' by 'the beach' and it's a pretty melodic haunting tune that has a nice twist towards the end to finish very upbeat

Can all postees, please have a listen and then comment on what you think of the tune and then post your tip for the top.

Love discovering new bands so maybe there's some out there you can introduce me too as well

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

over a year ago

I take it no one like it then lol!!!

By *oconut2Woman
over a year ago

Nether regions of the back of beyond

"Not an award thread for all those singly's out there but a thread to post what undiscovered new tune you like and think will be a hit of the future.

To start it off, I heard this last week, shazaam'd it and have played it non stop since

It's called 'thieves' by 'the beach' and it's a pretty melodic haunting tune that has a nice twist towards the end to finish very upbeat

Can all postees, please have a listen and then comment on what you think of the tune and then post your tip for the top.

Love discovering new bands so maybe there's some out there you can introduce me too as well "

Don't like it

I've discovered Dishwalla, never heard of them til recently but they've been about for a while, can't stop listening to Collide, Candleburn and Every Little Thing

By *alandNitaCouple
over a year ago

Scunthorpe

It's not a bad song at all, a strong vocal with plenty of character... A bit Paulo Nutini-ish in style. A bit reverb heavy for me, but generally good

over a year ago

"Not an award thread for all those singly's out there but a thread to post what undiscovered new tune you like and think will be a hit of the future.

Love discovering new bands so maybe there's some out there you can introduce me too as well

Don't like it

I've discovered Dishwalla, never heard of them til recently but they've been about for a while, can't stop listening to Collide, Candleburn and Every Little Thing "

Had a listen and whilst there's nothing really wrong, there's nothing really right either for me but thanks for taking part

By *igeiaWoman
over a year ago

Bristol

I hate listening to music on my phone so I shall save this tip until I have speakers. I have had Pedestrian as Usual by Courtney Barnett stuck in my head for a week. The album is out today.

over a year ago

"I hate listening to music on my phone so I shall save this tip until I have speakers. I have had Pedestrian as Usual by Courtney Barnett stuck in my head for a week. The album is out today."

This is getting a lot of hype on XFM right now, would love to hear it in a small venue with lots of sweaty energetic rockers lol!!!!

By *igeiaWoman
over a year ago

Bristol

"I hate listening to music on my phone so I shall save this tip until I have speakers. I have had Pedestrian as Usual by Courtney Barnett stuck in my head for a week. The album is out today.

This is getting a lot of hype on XFM right now, would love to hear it in a small venue with lots of sweaty energetic rockers lol!!!!"

She's currently playing the UK...

over a year ago

I saw when I googled, sheffield Leadmill on Sunday, pity you don't live up this way, we could go check out lol!!!

By *igeiaWoman
over a year ago

Bristol

I haven't been up to the Leadmill in over a decade. I saw a few good gigs there though.

over a year ago

user to be my local haunt when I lived in sheffield now easier to get to rock city which is an amazing venue x any decent ones in Bristol? X

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

The last new band I heard was called The Sand Band, But been around for a few years now, A great album to listen to when you want to chill out

over a year ago

Like def worth a second listen!!!

By *harpDressed ManMan
over a year ago

Here occasionally, but mostly somewhere else

Not that keen on the Thieves track...Often it's the singer's voice that makes the difference, and that one did nothing for me.

Courtney Barrett had better tunes, but the accent was annoying...a half singing, half talking aussie.

Favourite songs this year so far are Bullet Blues by Black Star Riders and Black Water by Thunder. Both are best described as "Classic Rock" genre-wise, so if you like Free, Bad Company and Thin Lizzy.....

over a year ago

I'm single every week

over a year ago

Breakage - the new album is cracking

Post new Message to Thread