Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Elton johns mum.

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

What a selfish man he is not going to his mums 90th birthday so she had to resort to having an Elton john look a like, not that many people get to live till 90 and I think he may regret not bothering to make time to see her on what will probably be her last birthday although she does look good for a 90 year old.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Maybe he's a bit busy cat fighting with two other gay blokes over which designer bags to use while out spending gazillions on fashion!.

Either that or the halfwit forgot

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

They had a falling out which some families do...he still supports her financially and sent her flowers. Families feud and we don't know the ins and outs because it was never made public.

over a year ago

"Maybe he's a bit busy cat fighting with two other gay blokes over which designer bags to use while out spending gazillions on fashion!.

Either that or the halfwit forgot"

over a year ago

"Maybe he's a bit busy cat fighting with two other gay blokes over which designer bags to use while out spending gazillions on fashion!.

Either that or the halfwit forgot"

over a year ago

"They had a falling out which some families do...he still supports her financially and sent her flowers. Families feud and we don't know the ins and outs because it was never made public. "

its nice that he sends her money but not the same as spending time with someone though.

over a year ago

"They had a falling out which some families do...he still supports her financially and sent her flowers. Families feud and we don't know the ins and outs because it was never made public. "

No ones an angel - some of us are worse than others.

I hate this celebrity culture - people sniffing around popular people's private lives looking for cracks.

Sad times.

over a year ago

The birthday was her day. Maybe he thought that him being there would detract from that

over a year ago

It's his private life and nobody else's business!!!

I had to shut my own parents out of my life, because they couldn't accept my sexuality and were totally hateful in their attempts to control me - I never saw them again - it still hurts, but it was the only way that I could survive.

So either talk to somebody and listen to their reasons - or else keep your nose and your opinions out of it please!!!

over a year ago

"The birthday was her day. Maybe he thought that him being there would detract from that"

Bollocks how could that rug fail to make his dear old mum chuckle

By *allipygousMan
over a year ago

Leicester

[Removed by poster at 21/03/15 10:13:03]

over a year ago

"They had a falling out which some families do...he still supports her financially and sent her flowers. Families feud and we don't know the ins and outs because it was never made public.

its nice that he sends her money but not the same as spending time with someone though."

They don't get on. Why should he?

over a year ago

"It's his private life and nobody else's business!!!

I had to shut my own parents out of my life, because they couldn't accept my sexuality and were totally hateful in their attempts to control me - I never saw them again - it still hurts, but it was the only way that I could survive.

So either talk to somebody and listen to their reasons - or else keep your nose and your opinions out of it please!!!

"

Its our business if we want it to be that's one of the bad things about being a celebrity. I fell out with my mum lots of times and if I could of done I would of been quite happy not to have anything to do with her except now shes not here I miss her knowing that I can never see her again.

over a year ago

"

Totally agree

I haven't spoken to my family for years. It pisses me off when people seem to think I should put our differences aside. It's a horrible decision to make and even though it's the right one it hurts like hell.

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

No one knows what goes on in family life, including this one. I found it odd and a little disturbing that she hired a lookalikey, but then it highlighted their rift so maybe thats what she wanted,

By *eavenNhellCouple
over a year ago

carrbrook stalybridge

you can choose your friends you cant choose your family

over a year ago

I haven't seen my mother in about 25 years

It happens

Not all families are close, maybe she didn't want to see him

I think we shouldnt judge things we know nothing about

over a year ago

Totally agree

I haven't spoken to my family for years. It pisses me off when people seem to think I should put our differences aside. It's a horrible decision to make and even though it's the right one it hurts like hell. "

I'm glad its not just me, don't it piss you off when people think because someone is family they should be allowed to do whatever they want to you and your supposed to forever forgive them because they are family and you will only get one mum and dad

By *ere-for-my-convenienceWoman
over a year ago

West Midlands

What a selfish fucker

If she's dies in her sleep tonight he'll never ever forgive himself

Today was my dad's birthday

I miss him every day

We argued but I never stopped loving him

In fact I'm probably single now still because no man's ever come close to loving me as purely as he did

over a year ago

Maybe she didn't want him there. Why assume it's down to him not making the effort

By *rank_SimoneCouple
over a year ago

Bideford

He wouldn't want another woman upstaging him now would he

over a year ago

Clearly we don't the full story and personal discussions between the two but sorry seems to be the hardest word.

over a year ago

There are probably millions of people everyday that don't see their parents on their birthday

Why is this such a big deal just because he's famous

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

"Maybe she didn't want him there. Why assume it's down to him not making the effort "

That could also be the reason and she was taking the piss by hiring a lookalikey.

Not very classy though with whatever reason.

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

It would be grea for everyone to have a great family. I have the most amazing parents but we are all not that lucky. There are some children who a born to a shite situation you can't choose your family, I don't think people are selfish if they don't speak to their parents. I don't speak to my aunt because simply she is a cunt. I don't go to any family events because I don't want to..the only family I need is my parents my sister and my danish family.

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 21/03/15 10:49:21]

over a year ago

"What a selfish fucker

I miss him every day

In fact I'm probably single now still because no man's ever come close to loving me as purely as he did "

Agree because I didn't have much in common with my parents and they got on my tits sometimes but you still miss them when they are gone.

have been thinking about my gran lately, we didn't speak to each other for years then she died alone of a stroke, we didn't get on when I grew up but I still think of all she did for me when I was a kid, looking after me when my mum went to work.

By *allipygousMan
over a year ago

Leicester

"What a selfish fucker

I miss him every day

In fact I'm probably single now still because no man's ever come close to loving me as purely as he did "

Yes, I know your dad is dead, you've already started a thread about it.

However, you were lucky to have the relationship you did with your father, others aren't so fortunate.

I can only presume it's your grief talking when you call someone a "selfish fucker" when you know nothing about their relationship and circumstances.

over a year ago

"What a selfish fucker

I miss him every day

Why is he a selfish fucker?

For the record I'm pretty sure I'll cope fine if I hear my parent's are dead (I'm not actually sure whether my mother already is), to me my parents died years ago.

Just because you can't get over your father's death doesn't give you the right to call people selfish cunts. Stop transfering your grief on to others

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

"What a selfish fucker

I miss him every day

In fact I'm probably single now still because no man's ever come close to loving me as purely as he did

However, you were lucky to have the relationship you did with your father, others aren't so fortunate.

I can only presume it's your grief talking when you call someone a "selfish fucker" when you know nothing about their relationship and circumstances."

I also think there is a huge difference between a love of a father and a love of a partner. My dad loves me as I love him but I'm not looking for a substitute father in a partner.

over a year ago

"There are probably millions of people everyday that don't see their parents on their birthday

Why is this such a big deal just because he's famous

"

What's the big deal with the personal lives of anyone famous...?

Live and let live

over a year ago

"What a selfish man he is not going to his mums 90th birthday so she had to resort to having an Elton john look a like, not that many people get to live till 90 and I think he may regret not bothering to make time to see her on what will probably be her last birthday although she does look good for a 90 year old."

I've met Elton John and his body double. David Furnish is the nice one in that couple. I always bumped into him in hallways and he would open doors for me. One night after a two show day all I wanted to do was go home but couldn't leave the building because Elton John was blocking up stage door. Love this thread, it's made ny day xxx

By *ee VianteWoman
over a year ago

Somewhere in North Norfolk

Nobody here knows what has gone on between Elton John and his mum so nobody is in a position to judge.

Nobody can reasonably compare their own relationship with their parents with his. Saying "I had rough times with my parents" and thinking that has any bearing on Elton John's situation and experiences is bullshit. None of us know the facts.

This view that because someone is famous, they are somehow public property and their entire life is open to inspection and judgement is completely unreasonable. Famous people are entitled to a private life too.

Nobody on here would like to be told by strangers how to conduct their relationship with their parents. Quite rightly they'd point out that none of us know anything about their situation and we should mind our own business.

over a year ago

"What a selfish man he is not going to his mums 90th birthday so she had to resort to having an Elton john look a like, not that many people get to live till 90 and I think he may regret not bothering to make time to see her on what will probably be her last birthday although she does look good for a 90 year old."

Don't judge when you know nothing about their situation/relationship

over a year ago

"No one knows what goes on in family life, including this one. I found it odd and a little disturbing that she hired a lookalikey, but then it highlighted their rift so maybe thats what she wanted,"

Maybe she's a nasty old bitch. Only he and her know.

By *allipygousMan
over a year ago

Leicester

"What a selfish fucker

I miss him every day

I can only presume it's your grief talking when you call someone a "selfish fucker" when you know nothing about their relationship and circumstances.

I also think there is a huge difference between a love of a father and a love of a partner. My dad loves me as I love him but I'm not looking for a substitute father in a partner. "

I genuinely have a confused look on my face. How did we get to looking for a substitute father in a partner?

By *osieWoman
over a year ago

Wembley

"

What she said

over a year ago

"Nobody here knows what has gone on between Elton John and his mum so nobody is in a position to judge"

Does anybody actually care

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

"What a selfish fucker

I miss him every day

I also think there is a huge difference between a love of a father and a love of a partner. My dad loves me as I love him but I'm not looking for a substitute father in a partner.

I genuinely have a confused look on my face. How did we get to looking for a substitute father in a partner?"

I was commenting on the part where her reasons for being single I was also agreeing with what you were saying but adding my 2 pence in

By *allipygousMan
over a year ago

Leicester

"What a selfish fucker

I miss him every day

I genuinely have a confused look on my face. How did we get to looking for a substitute father in a partner?

I was commenting on the part where her reasons for being single I was also agreeing with what you were saying but adding my 2 pence in "

Ahhhh, gotcha

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

"No one knows what goes on in family life, including this one. I found it odd and a little disturbing that she hired a lookalikey, but then it highlighted their rift so maybe thats what she wanted,

Maybe she's a nasty old bitch. Only he and her know. "

Yes, thats why I put my first sentance

over a year ago

West Midlands

"What a selfish fucker

I miss him every day

Why is he a selfish fucker?

For the record I'm pretty sure I'll cope fine if I hear my parent's are dead (I'm not actually sure whether my mother already is), to me my parents died years ago.

Just because you can't get over your father's death doesn't give you the right to call people selfish cunts. Stop transfering your grief on to others"

I'll do what the hell I like thanks very much

And think what I like too

I've met Elton John through a mutual celebrity friend

He is a selfish fucker

That's my experience of him

And my opinion

Nothing to do with grief actually sunshine

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

Ok calm down people, it is Saturday and it isnt raining

By *ee VianteWoman
over a year ago

"Nobody here knows what has gone on between Elton John and his mum so nobody is in a position to judge

Does anybody actually care "

Nope. I'm only here to avoid working, which I'm going to sorely regret at this rate.

over a year ago

West Midlands

"What a selfish fucker

I miss him every day

I genuinely have a confused look on my face. How did we get to looking for a substitute father in a partner?"

I'm not looking for a substitute dad

Assumptions incorrect as usual

Just a man who loves unconditionally

By *ee VianteWoman
over a year ago

"Ok calm down people, it is Saturday and it isnt raining "

Give 'em a ball and send 'em all out to play

over a year ago

"What a selfish man he is not going to his mums 90th birthday so she had to resort to having an Elton john look a like, not that many people get to live till 90 and I think he may regret not bothering to make time to see her on what will probably be her last birthday although she does look good for a 90 year old.

I've met Elton John and his body double. David Furnish is the nice one in that couple. I always bumped into him in hallways and he would open doors for me. One night after a two show day all I wanted to do was go home but couldn't leave the building because Elton John was blocking up stage door. Love this thread, it's made ny day xxx"

interesting.

over a year ago

Who really cares?? There's far more important things to focus on.

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

"Ok calm down people, it is Saturday and it isnt raining

Give 'em a ball and send 'em all out to play "

God no, they might break my windows

By *ee VianteWoman
over a year ago

"What a selfish fucker

I miss him every day

I'm not looking for a substitute dad

Assumptions incorrect as usual

Just a man who loves unconditionally

"

People don't love unconditionally, even parents usually. Everyone has their limits.

If you want unconditional love, get a dog.

over a year ago

West Midlands

Give 'em a ball and send 'em all out to play "

Saturday nights alright for fighting

Lmfao sorry xxx

By *ee VianteWoman
over a year ago

Give 'em a ball and send 'em all out to play

Saturday nights alright for fighting

Lmfao sorry xxx "

It's morning

By *lshere77Man
over a year ago

Wigan

The guy is a cock who has obviously forgotten what real life and reality is all about. .......his hair is a mess too

By *allipygousMan
over a year ago

Leicester

"People don't love unconditionally, even parents usually. Everyone has their limits.

If you want unconditional love, get a dog."

Now there's a first, one of your posts made me literally laugh out loud

over a year ago

West Midlands

"The guy is a cock who has obviously forgotten what real life and reality is all about. .......his hair is a mess too "

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

"The guy is a cock who has obviously forgotten what real life and reality is all about. .......his hair is a mess too "

Because he fell out with his mum?

Being in the public eye doesn't make you a saint and families are complicated enough without adding lots of money and celebrity into the mix.

Whose to say if he stayed as regular old reg he'd of gone to her birthday? As others have already pointed out being a parent does not guarantee your children will always be ther, for what ever reason.

over a year ago

Blimey Doreen, Cliff Richard Tony Blair now Elton John, your copy of hello must be well thumbed this week.

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

I didn't get on with my mother. She said it served me right my son died. I never shared what she said with others and was thought cold for blanking her.

I was on business in Scarborough and thought I'd bury the hatchet and visit my parents who lived in Preston. I know my dad pleaded with her to behave.

After nine years she opened the door and her first words were "still fat I see!" I knew I'd never see her alive again, and I didn't. I only went to her funeral to support my dad.

In an ideal world we all love our mums. We are not privy to what went on between them, and the old girl has a sense of humour.

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

"

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

Totally agree

I haven't spoken to my family for years. It pisses me off when people seem to think I should put our differences aside. It's a horrible decision to make and even though it's the right one it hurts like hell. "

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

Totally agree

I haven't spoken to my family for years. It pisses me off when people seem to think I should put our differences aside. It's a horrible decision to make and even though it's the right one it hurts like hell.

I'm glad its not just me, don't it piss you off when people think because someone is family they should be allowed to do whatever they want to you and your supposed to forever forgive them because they are family and you will only get one mum and dad "

over a year ago

None of us know what goes on in the private lives of others - and that's as it should be! Tbh the thing that I found most odd/notable from the op's post was that she 'had to hire a lookalike for her party'! - Now that IS a bizarre thing to do!! X

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

"Nobody here knows what has gone on between Elton John and his mum so nobody is in a position to judge.

Nobody can reasonably compare their own relationship with their parents with his. Saying "I had rough times with my parents" and thinking that has any bearing on Elton John's situation and experiences is bullshit. None of us know the facts.

This view that because someone is famous, they are somehow public property and their entire life is open to inspection and judgement is completely unreasonable. Famous people are entitled to a private life too.

Nobody on here would like to be told by strangers how to conduct their relationship with their parents. Quite rightly they'd point out that none of us know anything about their situation and we should mind our own business."

over a year ago

"Ok calm down people, it is Saturday and it isnt raining "

Is that my cue

Bring me sunshine in your smile bring me laughter all a

while

In this world where we live there should be more

happiness

So much joy you can give to each brand new bright

tomorrow

Make me happy through the years never bring me any tears

Let your arms be as warm as the sun from up above

Bring me fun bring me sunshine and bring me lovvvvvvvveee.

I thank you

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

Ok Eric, or is it Ernie

By *fcdTV/TS
over a year ago

Southend

"They had a falling out which some families do...he still supports her financially and sent her flowers. Families feud and we don't know the ins and outs because it was never made public.

I hate this celebrity culture - people sniffing around popular people's private lives looking for cracks.

Sad times. "

This. We have no idea of the background, how they got to where they are currently etc. None of our business

By *uby0000Woman
over a year ago

hertfordshire

its her birthday no matter what he should see her

my mum is 81 today and I cherish every day with her

over a year ago

evesham

"its her birthday no matter what he should see her

my mum is 81 today and I cherish every day with her"

Why should he? It's great you cherished your mum but not everyone has that relationship with their parents.

over a year ago

Families are funny things and we don't know what goes on behind closed doors. So best to stay out of family arguments where emotions probably run high, I hope they sort it out between themselves. Life is too short to argue for too long.

By *ee VianteWoman
over a year ago

"its her birthday no matter what he should see her

my mum is 81 today and I cherish every day with her"

Maybe she broke of contact with him. Maybe she told him she never wanted to see him again. Why is the onus on him because it's her birthday. Maybe he wasn't even invited.

I'm pretty sure he has birthdays too. If she made no effort for those, why should he for hers?

By *inaTitzTV/TS
over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

Looking at your post earlier this week, OP, I'm beginning to think you aren't a fan of Elton John.

over a year ago

"Ok Eric, or is it Ernie "
..Hey my legs aren't short fat and hairy

By *at69driveMan
over a year ago

Hertford

. Very sad . I thought he would be gratefull for all the things that she has done for him and making him a success story.

over a year ago

"What a selfish man he is not going to his mums 90th birthday so she had to resort to having an Elton john look a like, not that many people get to live till 90 and I think he may regret not bothering to make time to see her on what will probably be her last birthday although she does look good for a 90 year old.. Very sad . I thought he would be gratefull for all the things that she has done for him and making him a success story. "

How did she make him a success?

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Looking at your post earlier this week, OP, I'm beginning to think you aren't a fan of Elton John. "

ya think...

do you do insurance for "firebombers".......

By *at69driveMan
over a year ago

Hertford

"What a selfish man he is not going to his mums 90th birthday so she had to resort to having an Elton john look a like, not that many people get to live till 90 and I think he may regret not bothering to make time to see her on what will probably be her last birthday although she does look good for a 90 year old.. Very sad . I thought he would be gratefull for all the things that she has done for him and making him a success story.

How did she make him a success?"

. His obsession with rock and roll atarted when his mum brought home records by Elvis Presley and Bill Haley and his comets . She cared for him alone after his father walked out .

over a year ago

"What a selfish man he is not going to his mums 90th birthday so she had to resort to having an Elton john look a like, not that many people get to live till 90 and I think he may regret not bothering to make time to see her on what will probably be her last birthday although she does look good for a 90 year old.. Very sad . I thought he would be gratefull for all the things that she has done for him and making him a success story.

How did she make him a success?. His obsession with rock and roll atarted when his mum brought home records by Elvis Presley and Bill Haley and his comets . She cared for him alone after his father walked out ."

And that made him a success how?

over a year ago

How did she make him a success?. His obsession with rock and roll atarted when his mum brought home records by Elvis Presley and Bill Haley and his comets . She cared for him alone after his father walked out ."

And she stood by him when it came out that he was on drugs and using rent boys.

over a year ago

How did she make him a success?. His obsession with rock and roll atarted when his mum brought home records by Elvis Presley and Bill Haley and his comets . She cared for him alone after his father walked out .

And she stood by him when it came out that he was on drugs and using rent boys."

As do plenty of other parents. And plenty of people have no problem with people that do either

over a year ago

How did she make him a success?. His obsession with rock and roll atarted when his mum brought home records by Elvis Presley and Bill Haley and his comets . She cared for him alone after his father walked out .

And she stood by him when it came out that he was on drugs and using rent boys."

What's that got to do with anyone except the parties involved?

By *issHottieBottieWoman
over a year ago

Kent

Apparently they fell out in 2008 after she made some horrible comments about his partner and its gone from there.

It also said he wasn't invited. No doubt if he had just turned up he would of got a slating for that too. Lose/lose..

By *andomfodCouple
over a year ago

walsall

Sad times. "

Agreed. All to sell a few papers etc

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

Since I don't know either person I can't comment but I do know that being old doesn't make you nice any more than being rich and famous makes you horrible.

over a year ago

"Apparently they fell out in 2008 after she made some horrible comments about his partner and its gone from there.

It also said he wasn't invited. No doubt if he had just turned up he would of got a slating for that too. Lose/lose.. "

And from one if the posts above he still ensures that she is financially secure.

Yet he's the bad guy.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"Apparently they fell out in 2008 after she made some horrible comments about his partner and its gone from there.

It also said he wasn't invited. No doubt if he had just turned up he would of got a slating for that too. Lose/lose..

And from one if the posts above he still ensures that she is financially secure.

Yet he's the bad guy. "

That's because he isn't Jeremy Clarkson the nation's sweetheart.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
over a year ago

in Lancashire

it's no ones 'business' at all regardless of whether they are 'celebrities'..

or whether one buys gossip magazines..

suppose it does give some the impression that they can look down upon someone who doesn't know or care whom they are..

hey ho..

By *issHottieBottieWoman
over a year ago

Kent

Yet he's the bad guy. "

Yes I've just read a few articles where she says 'he's cut me off completely' yet he still gives Her money. so not completely then!! Lol..

Why it's news that he didn't attend the party of someone he's not spoken to or seen for 8 or so years is a mystery to me

over a year ago

"Since I don't know either person I can't comment but I do know that being old doesn't make you nice any more than being rich and famous makes you horrible."

nobodys saying it does.

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

I think it takes a bigger person to say you know what I've cut you out my life but I'll still financially support you.

over a year ago

"I think it takes a bigger person to say you know what I've cut you out my life but I'll still financially support you. "

its easy to give people money, not as important as giving your time though.

over a year ago

evesham

"I think it takes a bigger person to say you know what I've cut you out my life but I'll still financially support you. "

I think it shows he still cares on some level but if she can't accept him or his partner then she can't be part of his life. Perhaps. I have little knowledge of their relationship but that's how it's coming across from more researched posts on here.

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

"I think it takes a bigger person to say you know what I've cut you out my life but I'll still financially support you.

its easy to give people money, not as important as giving your time though."

He obviously doesn't want to give her his time and that's up to him..does it make him selfish I don't think so...there are lots of people I wouldn't give the time of day too because they have hurt me or I just don't like them...

over a year ago

It's a shame she couldn't have frozen a few of her eggs 50 odd years ago . Then she could have had a new and better Elton made for her

By *nleashedCrakenMan
over a year ago

Widnes

"Ok Eric, or is it Ernie ..Hey my legs aren't short fat and hairy "

Can you provide proof of that statement? A web link or something! As it stands it's just an unsubstantiated statement.

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

I do get what the OP means about parents, who does want to fall out with them so much so that they might regret it when they die.

My parents ( one of them anyway )drove me nuts some times and me probably them but it would have been alien for me to fall out with them and I do think if I had of I would have regretted not speaking to them .....but then it is easy for me to say as obviously we never fell out.

Having said that,I appreciate not all parents were like mine and I have seen the post before but if something like what got said to Miss Tress was said by one of my parents then I think I would have cut ties too.

Who knows what the row is about with Elton and his mum, but it must be bad enough that they dont speak.

I still think it disturbing that she hired a lookalikey though.

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

"Ok Eric, or is it Ernie ..Hey my legs aren't short fat and hairy "

We need proof....pics or we dont believe

By *ustcutieWoman
over a year ago

edinburgh

It also said he wasn't invited. No doubt if he had just turned up he would of got a slating for that too. Lose/lose.. "

Now now don't go bringing sense into a thread that was made to slate someone

By *nleashedCrakenMan
over a year ago

Widnes

"Since I don't know either person I can't comment but I do know that being old doesn't make you nice any more than being rich and famous makes you horrible."

This!

By *at69driveMan
over a year ago

Hertford

And that made him a success how? "

It sowed the seeds of success.

over a year ago

And that made him a success how? It sowed the seeds of success."

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

I don't know why it surprises me that people talk about celebrities as if they know them, but it does.

over a year ago

in Lancashire

"I do get what the OP means about parents, who does want to fall out with them so much so that they might regret it when they die.

My parents ( one of them anyway )drove me nuts some times and me probably them but it would have been alien for me to fall out with them and I do think if I had of I would have regretted not speaking to them .....but then it is easy for me to say as obviously we never fell out.

Having said that,I appreciate not all parents were like mine and I have seen the post before but if something like what got said to Miss Tress was said by one of my parents then I think I would have cut ties too.

Who knows what the row is about with Elton and his mum, but it must be bad enough that they dont speak.

I still think it disturbing that she hired a lookalikey though."

maybe she likes his music..

over a year ago

evesham

And that made him a success how? It sowed the seeds of success."

she was hust being a mum. My parents bought me loads of music and books and sorts stuff and horse riding equipments...thats what parents do. My success at any of those activities (or lack of it as the case may be ) is down to my own perseverance and determination etc.

If indeed his success is linked to her, he is paying her back for it by supporting her financially (as you would pay any manager/agent etc) despite her alleged feelings on his partner. I'm sure she hasnt had a bad life following his success.

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

"I don't know why it surprises me that people talk about celebrities as if they know them, but it does. "

Hardly, I think we are all guessing as to what happened.

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

"

maybe she likes his music.. "

She could have bought a CD

over a year ago

in Lancashire

"

She could have bought a CD "

good point

By *nleashedCrakenMan
over a year ago

Widnes

I've found this thread one of the saddest and most upsetting posts I've read on this or any other site.

To those who feel they have the right to criticize either Elton, his mum or anyone else who has problems with their immediate family, you clearly have been very lucky with yours so far, so clearly have no understanding of how distressing and hurtful for all these thinks can be.

I just thank God that I was able to reconcile the problems and differences I had with mine just before it was too late. If possible, and for some it may never be, I would, without judgment, recommend that they try.

over a year ago

evesham

"

She could have bought a CD "

not after hat i have read. She sold all the memorabillia she had, including gold discs etc at auction for £283,000ish stating she was downsizing and didnt have the room for it anymore.

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

"

not after hat i have read. She sold all the memorabillia she had, including gold discs etc at auction for £283,000ish stating she was downsizing and didnt have the room for it anymore."

We were just joshing, I didnt expect her to buy a CD

over a year ago

in Lancashire

"

not after hat i have read. She sold all the memorabillia she had, including gold discs etc at auction for £283,000ish stating she was downsizing and didnt have the room for it anymore.

We were just joshing, I didnt expect her to buy a CD "

given what some have alluded to on this thread had a cd been there she may have been less than pleased..

maybe..

over a year ago

evesham

"

We were just joshing, I didnt expect her to buy a CD "

i know....nice retro use of the word joshing though

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"I've found this thread one of the saddest and most upsetting posts I've read on this or any other site.

To those who feel they have the right to criticize either Elton, his mum or anyone else who has problems with their immediate family, you clearly have been very lucky with yours so far, so clearly have no understanding of how distressing and hurtful for all these thinks can be.

I just thank God that I was able to reconcile the problems and differences I had with mine just before it was too late. If possible, and for some it may never be, I would, without judgment, recommend that they try."

sometimes it isn't possible from either side.

Post new Message to Thread