Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Yellow box rant

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Ok. I need to get this off my chest. Is there anyone out there that does not understand the concept of the 'yellow box' at junctions?

Twice today I was delayed for 5 minutes each time (I know its not long, but that isn't the point!) because of inconsiderate, selfish idiots blocking the yellow box that I wanted to cross to turn right. I wasn't even wanting to join their precious line of traffic and get in front of them FFS!!!

And breathe

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *oconut2Woman
over a year ago

Nether regions of the back of beyond

I've seen driving instructors with learner drivers blocking them round here, if they're not being taught properly they won't know how to use them ....... pisses me right off too

over a year ago

"I've seen driving instructors with learner drivers blocking them round here, if they're not being taught properly they won't know how to use them ....... pisses me right off too "

That is so bad!

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

no go zone unless you can actually go - not difficult is it

By *airy_HettyWoman
over a year ago

Greater London

Yup, pisses me off too.

Oh and dicks who don't know how to go round round-abouts either!!!!

What really drives me crazy is Middle lane drivers who are completely witless too - grrr.

By *airy_HettyWoman
over a year ago

Greater London

"I've seen driving instructors with learner drivers blocking them round here, if they're not being taught properly they won't know how to use them ....... pisses me right off too "

So you know whom not to recommend when asked then.

over a year ago

"no go zone unless you can actually go - not difficult is it "

You wouldn't think so would you

over a year ago

"Yup, pisses me off too.

Oh and dicks who don't know how to go round round-abouts either!!!!

What really drives me crazy is Middle lane drivers who are completely witless too - grrr. "

Don't get me started on those !!!

By *rcticFoxxxWoman
over a year ago

Hereabouts

I don't even drive and I know that!

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

You don't actually have to be able to go. You can enter the box if your exit road is clear but you can't get to it because of oncoming traffic.

over a year ago

"no go zone unless you can actually go - not difficult is it

I don't even drive and I know that! "

my kids tell me they learnt the highway code from my ranting about other drivers -

By *icky999Man
over a year ago

warrington

"You don't actually have to be able to go. You can enter the box if your exit road is clear but you can't get to it because of oncoming traffic."

By *at69driveMan
over a year ago

Hertford

"Ok. I need to get this off my chest. Is there anyone out there that does not understand the concept of the 'yellow box' at junctions?

Twice today I was delayed for 5 minutes each time (I know its not long, but that isn't the point!) because of inconsiderate, selfish idiots blocking the yellow box that I wanted to cross to turn right. I wasn't even wanting to join their precious line of traffic and get in front of them FFS!!!

And breathe "

. I would like to see more cameras to catch those who enter yellow boxes when their exit is not clear .

over a year ago

"You don't actually have to be able to go. You can enter the box if your exit road is clear but you can't get to it because of oncoming traffic."

I'm talking about the yellow box being roughly 200 yards from traffic lights which were red and not being able to move forward

over a year ago

my kids tell me they learnt the highway code from my ranting about other drivers - "

This made me chuckle. I'm exactly the same

over a year ago

"Ok. I need to get this off my chest. Is there anyone out there that does not understand the concept of the 'yellow box' at junctions?

And breathe . I would like to see more cameras to catch those who enter yellow boxes when their exit is not clear ."

By *inaTitzTV/TS
over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

Aren't they like the free parking square on Monopoly?

over a year ago

my kids tell me they learnt the highway code from my ranting about other drivers -

This made me chuckle. I'm exactly the same "

its the only time i lose my cool is when im driving - im so patient a person its untrue

over a year ago

its the only time i lose my cool is when im driving - im so patient a person its untrue "

Jekyl and Hyde come to mind

By *eavenNhellCouple
over a year ago

carrbrook stalybridge

Try being in a truck dual cariege way coming up to some lights yellow box before junction in slow moving traffic . Stop at edge of box traffic moves forward but not enough for you to clear the box on exit so you wait just about to go and some selfish cunt comes out of right hand lane crosses to the left and blocks you. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

By *ee VianteWoman
over a year ago

Somewhere in North Norfolk

its the only time i lose my cool is when im driving - im so patient a person its untrue "

's funny, I'm usually much more patient than normal when I'm driving.

Perhaps I eventually learnt that driving in a strop can be both dangerous and expensive.

By *irceWoman
over a year ago

Gloucester

One local set of traffic lights people jump all the time at speed scary.

over a year ago

Nevermind box junction etiquette what gets right on my tits is the Chorleywood bread process.

By *edangel_2013Woman
over a year ago

southend

A couple of days ago I was waiting at lights, kept the yellow box clear, someone from 2 cars back pulled out and pulled in front of me into the yellow box. Clearly the 2 car lengths was too long a wait for him!!

over a year ago

"A couple of days ago I was waiting at lights, kept the yellow box clear, someone from 2 cars back pulled out and pulled in front of me into the yellow box. Clearly the 2 car lengths was too long a wait for him!! "

i spent all my time learning to drive with people doing this - a lot of my lessons were on the way home from work so peak time and here was i leaving the required safe distance and all other people did was utch into it

over a year ago

I'd agree that more and more drivers flaunt the rules at yellow boxes but don't you feel that traffic planners aren't really helping by being forced to fit more restriction onto the road. What really gets me are the number of extra traffic lights that spring up and don't get me started on bus lanes

over a year ago

My understanding is that you cannot enter the box unless you are turning right and your way is clear

over a year ago

Ha how about a driving instructor who actually blocked my drive with a learner in it

over a year ago

And breathe "

Have you considered a dash cam.

The video can be used for prosecutions.

over a year ago

And breathe .

Have you considered a dash cam.

The video can be used for prosecutions."

Unfortunately as I was waiting to come out of a junction I wouldn't have been able to get any details as could only see the car from the side

I am however, considering wearing a hi-vis and a toy policemans hat

over a year ago

Another road antic that pisses me off is people who queue up at a roundabout when turning left and the approach to the roundabout has two lanes......why stay in the queue,,,,, just go all the way around the roundabout!!!

maniacs

Plus I was driving behind an off road vehicle that had a smart arse sticker on the back "You can go fast, I can go Off road!" ....why don't you get off the f*cking road then you belter

sorry rant over

By *illdeeCouple
over a year ago

nr Edinburgh

"Another road antic that pisses me off is people who queue up at a roundabout when turning left and the approach to the roundabout has two lanes......why stay in the queue,,,,, just go all the way around the roundabout!!!

maniacs

Plus I was driving behind an off road vehicle that had a smart arse sticker on the back "You can go fast, I can go Off road!" ....why don't you get off the f*cking road then you belter

sorry rant over"

Methinks your roundabout etiquette needs a little brush up. Try doing that with a police car nearby.

By *arry247Couple
over a year ago

Wakefield

Sorry but it is not.

You are not supposed to enter the box unless your exit is clear, you may enter if traffic is going through the box and by doing so blocks your way.

For example if you are turning right and the road you are turning into is clear you can legally enter the box even is you cannot cross over to that road due to on-coming traffic.

Post new Message to Thread