Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

relationship advice.

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I wondered if I could get some advice from the fab world nice to get impartial opinion.

Been dating a really nice lady we seem to get on quite well. But....There are little things that annoy me..she smokes which is fine but every time we go somewhere she has to go outside for a fag which is really annoying. I also don't know if I find her that attractive.

But I'm 28 now, I want to be happy and settle down marriage kids etc so should I look beyond attraction. As she's a nice lady and is looking for the same as me should I go for it? I appreciate some will say attraction is important but I don't want to be alone who knows how long it will be before I meet someone whose right in future. If I went for it id obviously treat her good just like I would someone I found really fit. Thanks

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Haven't you answered your own question.

Things in the dating are already annoying you, surely that will intensify as time goes on.

And yes I would say attraction as well as personality is important.

You are only 28, still time to look for miss right, I just don't think this lady is miss right for you, going on what you've written, but only you know the answer

By *trawberry-popWoman
over a year ago

South East Midlands NOT

If things irritate you already and you don't want to tear her clothes off, it's probably not a great idea to continue.

I wouldn't be truly happy in that situation personally!

over a year ago

The things that annoy you now will probably seriously bug you years down the line

By *nsert user name hereMan
over a year ago

Manchester

If you have to ask you know the answer

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

I had a bloke who said he wasn't happy I went out for a fag after a meal....I told him to jog on if you can't accept her flaws and don't find her that attractive then don't string her along if you don't think it's going anywhere

over a year ago

What happens when you are settled down with your first kid in only a years time and suddenly the girl of your dreams comes along?

By *1968Man
over a year ago

Wokingham

i dont think you are being fair to her to be honest - she annoys you and you don't find her attractive. 'Nice' isnt a reason to settle down.

attractive and nice works as after a few years of marriage you'll both annoy the hell out of each other anyway

over a year ago

Like the other posters have said, you're only 28 loads of time to find the right woman. And when it happens you'll know. You wont want to be away from her, you'll think of her all the time.

If something is irritating you now imagine how much it'll annoy you a year or two down the line.

I dare say she is lovely and that you get on, but maybe its just as pals...? Plus attraction is important no matter what people say.

Hope things work out for you

over a year ago

Thanks all. I totally see what your saying. It's just been single does get lonely and maybe personality is more important than attraction? X

over a year ago

If I was you I would ask her if she would consider quitting smoking if it bothers you that much,

Also if you really like her delete your profile or at least hide it for the time being

over a year ago

"I wondered if I could get some advice from the fab world nice to get impartial opinion.

Been dating a really nice lady we seem to get on quite well. But....There are little things that annoy me..she smokes which is fine but every time we go somewhere she has to go outside for a fag which is really annoying. I also don't know if I find her that attractive.

But I'm 28 now, I want to be happy and settle down marriage kids etc so should I look beyond attraction. As she's a nice lady and is looking for the same as me should I go for it? I appreciate some will say attraction is important but I don't want to be alone who knows how long it will be before I meet someone whose right in future. If I went for it id obviously treat her good just like I would someone I found really fit. Thanks "

you'd be even more miserable if you married her and her habits start to grate on your nerves. also its being cruel to her, marrying her when you don't even find her attractive. if I were either of you I'd be running as fast as I could in the opposite direction. this is a match with disaster written all over it.

over a year ago

Is this a real situation ? If it is, only you can decide really. I've personally never dated anyone that I didn't find attractive.

By *emon tart Double creamCouple
over a year ago

Leeds

So you are settling for her?

That doesn't seem fair on her...what if her Mr Perfect comes along

By *ustcutieWoman
over a year ago

edinburgh

Seriously?? Your on a swinging site trying to find folk to shag and she annoys you...... Why bother? Finish it and let her find someone who's faithful and actually accepts her for herself

over a year ago

"Seriously?? Your on a swinging site trying to find folk to shag and she annoys you...... Why bother? Finish it and let her find someone who's faithful and actually accepts her for herself "

How am I not been faithful we r dating we r both single I'm free to still date or see people

over a year ago

"I wondered if I could get some advice from the fab world nice to get impartial opinion.

But I'm 28 now, I want to be happy and settle down marriage kids etc so should I look beyond attraction. As she's a nice lady and is looking for the same as me should I go for it? I appreciate some will say attraction is important but I don't want to be alone who knows how long it will be before I meet someone whose right in future. If I went for it id obviously treat her good just like I would someone I found really fit. Thanks "

Why settle for second best? Which is what it could end up being..also, liking someone is a good start but to make it last you need more than that. Your still young, the right person will come along..but until then, enjoy yourself. Darcy

By *1968Man
over a year ago

Wokingham

"Seriously?? Your on a swinging site trying to find folk to shag and she annoys you...... Why bother? Finish it and let her find someone who's faithful and actually accepts her for herself

How am I not been faithful we r dating we r both single I'm free to still date or see people "

Really ??? does she know that

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

"Thanks all. I totally see what your saying. It's just been single does get lonely and maybe personality is more important than attraction? X"

Now you are sounding desperate...to just settle down with anyone because you are lonely. You need to get out of that mindset because you will settle for the wrong person and regret you did

over a year ago

"Seriously?? Your on a swinging site trying to find folk to shag and she annoys you...... Why bother? Finish it and let her find someone who's faithful and actually accepts her for herself

How am I not been faithful we r dating we r both single I'm free to still date or see people

Really ??? does she know that "

I haven't been meeting people on here since we dated. I'd like to point out I wouldn't do anything to intentionally hurt someone

By *ensual temptressWoman
over a year ago

Southampton

I'm afraid I'd call it a day . You sound like you're seeing her as just something to do , not because you really want too . Not flattering situation .

Ask yourself if you knew she thought things you did were annoying ,and she didn't find you that attractive ..would you want to continue things??

Do you and her a favour and end it .

By *1968Man
over a year ago

Wokingham

Really ??? does she know that

I haven't been meeting people on here since we dated. I'd like to point out I wouldn't do anything to intentionally hurt someone"

By *oxy_minxWoman
over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

Wow! You are dating a smoker and you know she smokes.....Guess what? When your out of course she is going to want a cigarette shock horror! What on earth did you expect?

If someone were to moan about me? I would tell them to fuck off as they knew I smoked before even coming into the relationship!

over a year ago

"Wow! You are dating a smoker and you know she smokes.....Guess what? When your out of course she is going to want a cigarette shock horror! What on earth did you expect?

If someone were to moan about me? I would tell them to fuck off as they knew I smoked before even coming into the relationship! "

The smoking isn't an issue. It's the fact when we r out on dates it's like a control over her we should be able to enjoy each others company without going outside for a fag every so often

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

Do the decent thing and end it. You shouldnt settle for second best and no one deserves to be someones "will do I suppose "

over a year ago

Thanks everyone for ur advice. Deleting my account but all ur comments are appreciated

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

Lol oh dear god lol

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

"Thanks everyone for ur advice. Deleting my account but all ur comments are appreciated "

Good luck anyway

over a year ago

"Wow! You are dating a smoker and you know she smokes.....Guess what? When your out of course she is going to want a cigarette shock horror! What on earth did you expect?

If someone were to moan about me? I would tell them to fuck off as they knew I smoked before even coming into the relationship! "

over a year ago

You met here as a smoker and now moan.

Why is that?

Her

Post new Message to Thread