Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Yet Another Gym/Fitness Thread

Jump to newest

By *imiUK OP   Man
over a year ago

Hereford

Since I haven't seen one pop up in a while, I thought I'd do another edition of Fabs gym/fitness boast thread.

Feel free to put your latest achievement be it a weight/time/distance PB or anything else that has made you feel good that is fitness related.

I'll go first:

On Monday: 185KG deadlift @ 81KG bodyweight

Its for one of these challenge walls that my gym is doing....In order to put me in the same category for squat (which will be my lift next Monday), I have to squat about 160....I'm not confident on that one at all....

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

I recently lifted a bale of hay, does that count?

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Good form dude, is that your PB? How often do you train? And what kind of supplements are you on?

By *imiUK OP   Man
over a year ago

Hereford

"I recently lifted a bale of hay, does that count?"

It's a start.

By *issHottieBottieWoman
over a year ago

Kent

My 2015 fit and healthy thread is still running I posted on it today..

Nice deadlift though!

My achievement today was being able to walk home after an hours kettlebells then body pump straight after. It nearly killed me!!!

By *imiUK OP   Man
over a year ago

Hereford

"Good form dude, is that your PB? How often do you train? And what kind of supplements are you on?"

It is my PB - the last time I tested my 1RM, it was 160 and that was yonks ago. In this case, I knew all the youngsters would be vying for bench and since I hardly ever see them training legs, I hope it might give me an easy win...

As for supplements, I take a multivitamin and try to eat 1g protein per 500g bodyweight. Sometimes sometimes some of it comes in the form of whey isolate.

By *ath_Neil_bifunCouple
over a year ago

near cardiff

I can do pistol squats!

Well impressed with myself

over a year ago

had a really good leg session today. no PB`s were hit but i felt every rep and legs were pumped to fcuk after

gotta do 3 flights of steps on the way out the gym and you know you`ve had a good leg sesh when you struggle with them

By *icky-discoMan
over a year ago

oxford

16 stone deadlift last night I'm 11 stone and a smidge well happy

over a year ago

My gym emailed me the other day and it's its free to re-join!!

Can't wait to get back to pump and attack!!

Tone up!

over a year ago

Tonight-Circuit Training

over a year ago

Just proud to be back in the gym!

Was there at 7.05am this morning; shocked myself

By *lutmeup500Woman
over a year ago

London

Tonight I did a spin class and earlier aerobics and insanity!

Tommorrow, kettlebell!

By *W69Couple
over a year ago

Bournemouth

185 @ 81 - Nice lift

Good luck with the squat next session.

Latest gym achievement - multiple sets of 28kg kettlebell clean and presses and a PB of 80kg barbell overhead press, heading in the right direction.

M

over a year ago

"PB of 80kg barbell overhead press, heading in the right direction.

M "

I managed that once when I weighed the same, it was tough.

My other record is 75kg overhead for three, but I'm not focussed on strength right now.

over a year ago

Hard training day for me this morning, pure arms...bicep and tricep. Pleased though as was hammer curling 30kg each arm! Summer is round the corner

By *W69Couple
over a year ago

Bournemouth

M

My other record is 75kg overhead for three, but I'm not focussed on strength right now."

Fair play. I'm down to 74kg at the moment and can manage a set of 8 @80, your right, it's a bloody killer, especially on minimal carbs

over a year ago

M

My other record is 75kg overhead for three, but I'm not focussed on strength right now.

Fair play. I'm down to 74kg at the moment and can manage a set of 8 @80, your right, it's a bloody killer, especially on minimal carbs "

You can press 80kg for 8 reps at 74kg bodyweight? That's practically superhuman.

By *W69Couple
over a year ago

Bournemouth

M

Fair play. I'm down to 74kg at the moment and can manage a set of 8 @80, your right, it's a bloody killer, especially on minimal carbs

You can press 80kg for 8 reps at 74kg bodyweight? That's practically superhuman."

Theres a lady in our gym who does 90kg on the same discipline and she can't be much more than 60kg, that's impressive.

I just focus on the technique. From the floor to a standing overhead press with 2 second pause at the top. Yep, 8 reps at the moment.

over a year ago

When walking past my local gym my pace invariably picks up in order that I never linger long enough to be tempted to go in.

over a year ago

M

You can press 80kg for 8 reps at 74kg bodyweight? That's practically superhuman.

Theres a lady in our gym who does 90kg on the same discipline and she can't be much more than 60kg, that's impressive.

I just focus on the technique. From the floor to a standing overhead press with 2 second pause at the top. Yep, 8 reps at the moment. "

Just out of curiosity are we talking a standing overhead press or a push press? - as if shes able to press 150% of her bodyweight just by contracting her shoulders then she's in the running for one of the strongest women in the world pound for pound.

over a year ago

push

no doubt

By *W69Couple
over a year ago

Bournemouth

M

I just focus on the technique. From the floor to a standing overhead press with 2 second pause at the top. Yep, 8 reps at the moment.

Just out of curiosity are we talking a standing overhead press or a push press? - as if shes able to press 150% of her bodyweight just by contracting her shoulders then she's in the running for one of the strongest women in the world pound for pound."

Hear what your saying, not a shoulder press otherwise that really would be impressive and doubt we would be training in the same gym.

A push press/clean and press, - from the floor, clean to the shoulders, dip into the knees and press through the shoulders.

By *uby0000Woman
over a year ago

hertfordshire

I started a 6 week cardiac rehab course at my local hospital on wednesday im not one for gyms so im very proud of myself

over a year ago

I see, so you're clean and PUSH pressing 80kg for 8 reps.

That's still exceptionally strong though, so well done

By *W69Couple
over a year ago

Bournemouth

"I see, so you're clean and PUSH pressing 80kg for 8 reps.

That's still exceptionally strong though, so well done "

Yeah a clean and push, sorry for any ambiguity. Thanks, I'm doing the fit for 40 challenge so having to ramp things up a bit at the moment.

Post new Message to Thread