Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

We don't have a television signal can you commentate please

By *abio OP   Man
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

it was quite weird because north london was my old stamping ground... i was doing that racial map of north london in my head, and nodding my head.....

By *ardbellyCouple
over a year ago

Alicante

"it was quite weird because north london was my old stamping ground... i was doing that racial map of north london in my head, and nodding my head....."

Me too..

over a year ago

"it was quite weird because north london was my old stamping ground... i was doing that racial map of north london in my head, and nodding my head.....

Me too.. "

It isn't being racist to identify where ethnic groups tend to live. Or at least I hope it isn't!

By *isa 59Woman
over a year ago

Newcastle

I'm recording it

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

I'll be watching on +1.

There are lots of maps showing the racial demographic of the country. Useful tools.

By *ardbellyCouple
over a year ago

Alicante

"it was quite weird because north london was my old stamping ground... i was doing that racial map of north london in my head, and nodding my head.....

Me too..

It isn't being racist to identify where ethnic groups tend to live. Or at least I hope it isn't!"

Well I don't think anybody is being racist by watching a TV program ..no doubt this thread will get all silly ?

By *r jblMan
over a year ago

from parts unknown

Yep.

over a year ago

I'm not watching it, does that make me a pacifist

over a year ago

Me too..

It isn't being racist to identify where ethnic groups tend to live. Or at least I hope it isn't!

Well I don't think anybody is being racist by watching a TV program ..no doubt this thread will get all silly ?"

I'm an optimist, I don't think it will.

over a year ago

"I'll be watching on +1.

There are lots of maps showing the racial demographic of the country. Useful tools.

"

That's interesting, is the demograph changing? My area has changed markedly in the last 5/10 years,due to building of thousands of flats and development of new areas.

over a year ago

I had a boyfriend from Tottenham when I was 17,in that area there were lots of Greek and Turkish families. My area was all white English/Irish apart from a handful of black or Asian families.

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

"I'll be watching on +1.

That's interesting, is the demograph changing? My area has changed markedly in the last 5/10 years,due to building of thousands of flats and development of new areas. "

You can see the stats on the ONS website. All the information is out there if people just look.

By *abio OP   Man
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"I'll be watching on +1.

That's interesting, is the demograph changing? My area has changed markedly in the last 5/10 years,due to building of thousands of flats and development of new areas. "

but in essex for example that as much has to do with people in the east end moving out in that direction as it does about people who have moved in....

have to say i agree with him about lazy media and lazy politicians being part of the problem....

for example how many times have we seen thread started here about daily mail quotes that aren't right or are put across to suit a narrative.....

over a year ago

I do like Trevor Philips, a very accomplished commentator whether you agree with him or not.

over a year ago

You mention "the problem", could you explain what it is?

By *abio OP   Man
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

it is interesting.... i don't agree with the last assumption that people prefer segregation, but there are certainly communities where they havent made the effort that others have....

but there hasn't been anything so far that has had me screaming...

over a year ago

I'm recording it as expect it to be interesting.

By *abio OP   Man
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"You mention "the problem", could you explain what it is?"

what with lazy media and politicians... i think they can sometimes be very quick to jump on an event.. or statistics to put across there view.......

over a year ago

"it is interesting.... i don't agree with the last assumption that people prefer segregation, but there are certainly communities where they havent made the effort that others have....

"

Integration involves communication. Us human animals don't tend to be brilliant at it

over a year ago

I'm watching it.

Upto now I haven't heard anything I haven't heard already.... The only difference being usually it's a white guy looking round sheepishly while whispering it quietly

over a year ago

"You mention "the problem", could you explain what it is?

what with lazy media and politicians... i think they can sometimes be very quick to jump on an event.. or statistics to put across there view......."

Such as?

over a year ago

"I'll be watching on +1.

That's interesting, is the demograph changing? My area has changed markedly in the last 5/10 years,due to building of thousands of flats and development of new areas.

but in essex for example that as much has to do with people in the east end moving out in that direction as it does about people who have moved in....

have to say i agree with him about lazy media and lazy politicians being part of the problem....

for example how many times have we seen thread started here about daily mail quotes that aren't right or are put across to suit a narrative....."

My town was built after the war to accommodate returning soldiers and families bombed out. My mum's family were from Millwall,my dad's East Ham. Londoners were moved out to Essex and Kent. With a population boom and migrant birth boom across London has come the need for more housing. My area has seen an influx of Eastern European and Africans recently. People go where their friends,families and countrymen go. Just like in any other country. We don't have many Turkish,Greek,Italian,Chinese children in our schools. In my youth they all lived in North London,barring a few who owned shops. Ilford was predominantly Asian,Gants Hill Jewish if the schools were an indication.

By *abio OP   Man
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

what with lazy media and politicians... i think they can sometimes be very quick to jump on an event.. or statistics to put across there view.......

Such as?"

for example... anything the CRE say that is then spun by the daily mail, when nigel farage talks about the immigration issue are two.....

over a year ago

"it is interesting.... i don't agree with the last assumption that people prefer segregation, but there are certainly communities where they havent made the effort that others have....

Integration involves communication. Us human animals don't tend to be brilliant at it "

The only integration I see is in schools. Children have to integrate and the parents chat in the playground. After school they go their own way except when children's parties or clubs are involved. As these children get older I think they will continue to integrate,I hope they will anyway.

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Such as?

for example... anything the CRE say that is then spun by the daily mail, when nigel farage talks about the immigration issue are two....."

Or the recent headlines of immigrant women having too many children. It could also be described as foreign-born women having children, which would include Farage's wife, Nick Cleggs wife, Miliband's mother. By stating it as immigrants it feeds the current rhetoric of immigrants are taking over.

I'm just about to start watching and hope he will cover black on black racism too.

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Integration involves communication. Us human animals don't tend to be brilliant at it

The only integration I see is in schools. Children have to integrate and the parents chat in the playground. After school they go their own way except when children's parties or clubs are involved. As these children get older I think they will continue to integrate,I hope they will anyway."

About 20 years ago I saw something frightening and heartwarming all at the same time. A gang of young men were larking around, not really menacing but also not being mindful or nice to those around them. The gang had about five different nationalities represented. It made me smile.

over a year ago

The only integration I see is in schools. Children have to integrate and the parents chat in the playground. After school they go their own way except when children's parties or clubs are involved. As these children get older I think they will continue to integrate,I hope they will anyway.

About 20 years ago I saw something frightening and heartwarming all at the same time. A gang of young men were larking around, not really menacing but also not being mindful or nice to those around them. The gang had about five different nationalities represented. It made me smile.

"

I had different nationality friends as a teenager,just not many in relation to the amount of white British there were. Now we see all nations under the sun hanging around together. Children don't think twice about who they play with but they do identity each other by country or colour. It's what makes everyone different.

over a year ago

I consider myself to be non racist and I never even saw someone of colour till I was 14, when a Pakistani lad joined our secondary school.

I really think people of colour mixing has fuck all to do with racism and much more to do with the human trait of being in a gang.

By *abio OP   Man
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

that was certainly an interesting watch... i didn't agree with what farage said about discrimination laws... i didn't agree with blair and his assessment either.... but i suppose it means we still have to search for solutions....

oh, and the "white (&poor) being the next black"... well there have always been an affinity in struggle and in that sense they can see where both people have been...

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

"that was certainly an interesting watch... i didn't agree with what farage said about discrimination laws... i didn't agree with blair and his assessment either.... but i suppose it means we still have to search for solutions....

oh, and the "white (&poor) being the next black"... well there have always been an affinity in struggle and in that sense they can see where both people have been..."

The discourse on the white and poor has been around for over 15 years now, certainly in my work.

I'm only half an hour in and so far nothing I haven't heard him and those he's interviewed say before.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
over a year ago

in Lancashire

i thought the whole programme was bland, certainly didn't say anything that most folks wouldn't also come up with if looking at some of the issue's objectively..

over a year ago

"that was certainly an interesting watch... i didn't agree with what farage said about discrimination laws... i didn't agree with blair and his assessment either.... but i suppose it means we still have to search for solutions....

oh, and the "white (&poor) being the next black"... well there have always been an affinity in struggle and in that sense they can see where both people have been..."

Society changes slowly over generations, you can't make racists,non racist through laws all you do is drive it underground or make them dig there heels in, I've found the exact same antagonism with green issues and agreed completely with Phillips and Blair that being open and putting points across is always the best option, whether people agree or disagree at least they get their say. I actually agree with farage on the point that on the whole Britain isn't a racist country but I'd disagree in removing the discrimination laws. but in fact w when I look at the younger generation I'm pleasantly surprised in lots of ways of the change.

over a year ago

My football team I coach had the following starting XI

GK - Sri Lankan

RB- Afghan

CB- American

CB- German

LB- English

RM- Indian

CM- English

CM- Romanian

LM- Moroccan

Str- Russian

Str- Colombian

Subs- Indian, Irish, Pakistani.

Guess what they are to each other........team mates. Long may it continue.

over a year ago

"My football team I coach had the following starting XI

GK - Sri Lankan

RB- Afghan

CB- American

CB- German

LB- English

RM- Indian

CM- English

CM- Romanian

LM- Moroccan

Str- Russian

Str- Colombian

Guess what they are to each other........team mates. Long may it continue."

Aren't they actually all British!

over a year ago

in Lancashire

GK - Sri Lankan

RB- Afghan

CB- American

CB- German

LB- English

RM- Indian

CM- English

CM- Romanian

LM- Moroccan

Str- Russian

Str- Colombian

bet they all know how to say 'fuckin ref's blind'..

over a year ago

GK - Sri Lankan

RB- Afghan

CB- American

CB- German

LB- English

RM- Indian

CM- English

CM- Romanian

LM- Moroccan

Str- Russian

Str- Colombian

Guess what they are to each other........team mates. Long may it continue..

Aren't they actually all British!"

Not based on their passports, but that is irrelevant, they are brilliant, they are friends, they get on and they are a team.

over a year ago

GK - Sri Lankan

RB- Afghan

CB- American

CB- German

LB- English

RM- Indian

CM- English

CM- Romanian

LM- Moroccan

Str- Russian

Str- Colombian

"

Or who's the cunt in the black

over a year ago

Yes it was interesting although I still don't recognise race.

over a year ago

GK - Sri Lankan

RB- Afghan

CB- American

CB- German

LB- English

RM- Indian

CM- English

CM- Romanian

LM- Moroccan

Str- Russian

Str- Colombian

Or who's the cunt in the black "

I wear a black tracksuit at training

over a year ago

"Yes it was interesting although I still don't recognise race. "

Why not?

over a year ago

I enjoyed it. Thought provoking and sobering. Had to laugh at Blair though. Same old, same old. He speaks, you listen, then afterwards you can't recall a single thing he said. The perfect politician.

over a year ago

GK - Sri Lankan

RB- Afghan

CB- American

CB- German

LB- English

RM- Indian

CM- English

CM- Romanian

LM- Moroccan

Str- Russian

Str- Colombian

I wear a black tracksuit at training "

Oooooo have you considered buying a nice red one..

Maybe with Chevrolet on it

over a year ago

"Yes it was interesting although I still don't recognise race.

Why not?"

Without wanting to get into a debate with you I studied post colonial theory at university!

over a year ago

in Lancashire

GK - Sri Lankan

RB- Afghan

CB- American

CB- German

LB- English

RM- Indian

CM- English

CM- Romanian

LM- Moroccan

Str- Russian

Str- Colombian

I wear a black tracksuit at training "

not with your initials on it surely..

over a year ago

Can a moderator please tell me if directly addressing someone who has blocked you against forum/site rules? Thanks.

over a year ago

Why not?

Without wanting to get into a debate with you I studied post colonial theory at university! "

Which means very little to me. Race exists, I struggle to understand what is to be achieved by not recognising it.

over a year ago

Reminded me of a story a friend of mine in the Met told me. He'd been quietly cautioned for "profiling" as alot of his recent arrests had been black. His patch was around the Brixton area. His answer was simply "if i see a white man running down the highstreet holding a television set at 3 o'clock in the morning I'll arrest him as well..."

over a year ago

GK - Sri Lankan

RB- Afghan

CB- American

CB- German

LB- English

RM- Indian

CM- English

CM- Romanian

LM- Moroccan

Str- Russian

Str- Colombian

not with your initials on it surely.. "

I do, Christopher Underhill-Northrup-Tundall. Can't understand why I get so much abuse

over a year ago

in Lancashire

GK - Sri Lankan

RB- Afghan

CB- American

CB- German

LB- English

RM- Indian

CM- English

CM- Romanian

LM- Moroccan

Str- Russian

Str- Colombian

I do, Christopher Underhill-Northrup-Tundall. Can't understand why I get so much abuse "

over a year ago

"Can a moderator please tell me if directly addressing someone who has blocked you against forum/site rules? Thanks. "

Only if they ask you about the block or harass you etc.

over a year ago

GK - Sri Lankan

RB- Afghan

CB- American

CB- German

LB- English

RM- Indian

CM- English

CM- Romanian

LM- Moroccan

Str- Russian

Str- Colombian

over a year ago

"Can a moderator please tell me if directly addressing someone who has blocked you against forum/site rules? Thanks. "

not a mod, but from what iv read of the rules, and as it states as you type a post 'Do not use the forum to try and contact people who have BLOCKED you'

I would say yes, report it,x

over a year ago

GK - Sri Lankan

RB- Afghan

CB- American

CB- German

LB- English

RM- Indian

CM- English

CM- Romanian

LM- Moroccan

Str- Russian

Str- Colombian

That's a fucking challenge for the makers of subbuteo

over a year ago

GK - Sri Lankan

RB- Afghan

CB- American

CB- German

LB- English

RM- Indian

CM- English

CM- Romanian

LM- Moroccan

Str- Russian

Str- Colombian

That's a fucking challenge for the makers of subbuteo "

If only I could control my keeper via a stick attached to his back!!

over a year ago

"I do like Trevor Philips, a very accomplished commentator whether you agree with him or not."

He did okay at Sunderland but then he did have Niall Quinn and his disco pants to play off.

over a year ago

Some people are far too precious.

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

"Some people are far too precious."

That's exactly what a certain MP currently on the TV said about me.

over a year ago

But you were aware the second time. So is that ok or not?

over a year ago

I am not interested in anything you have to say

By *oo hotCouple
over a year ago

North West

What a waste of a good thread just because someone didn't appreciate another person engaging in the discussion.

What a poorer place this would be if the people who were blocked were also unable to post in threads that the blocker got into first...

Wow...

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

"Reminded me of a story a friend of mine in the Met told me. He'd been quietly cautioned for "profiling" as alot of his recent arrests had been black. His patch was around the Brixton area. His answer was simply "if i see a white man running down the highstreet holding a television set at 3 o'clock in the morning I'll arrest him as well...""

Wasn't recent, as there are few black people in Brixton now: studios start from just under £200k, mostly white area.

over a year ago

Are you saying black people can't afford that?

over a year ago

This thread reminds me of the Snickers advert with Joan Collins..

over a year ago

"What a waste of a good thread just because someone didn't appreciate another person engaging in the discussion.

What a poorer place this would be if the people who were blocked were also unable to post in threads that the blocker got into first...

Wow..."

over a year ago

I had to just have a quick look at your profile.....

Just to make sure it wasn't me who was blocked lol.

I sometimes annoy people without knowing.

over a year ago

There is a need for biscuits in the forums today and it's not even Thursday.

What do you all fancy then ?

over a year ago

"And FYI I wanted to engage in a debate regarding the programme not argue with someone who has targeted me previously. So thanks for your input, perhaps you could comment on the Subject not what you perceive to be the case!!! "

over a year ago

"Yes it was interesting although I still don't recognise race. "

This x 1000 every time

By *abio OP   Man
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"There is a need for biscuits in the forums today and it's not even Thursday.

What do you all fancy then ? "

your telling me... its all gone a bit "oooh"....

at least my Opening post was innocent about the programme.... lol

over a year ago

GK - Sri Lankan

RB- Afghan

CB- American

CB- German

LB- English

RM- Indian

CM- English

CM- Romanian

LM- Moroccan

Str- Russian

Str- Colombian

"

But some might say quite outdated.....

....the 4-4-2 formation

over a year ago

"What a waste of a good thread just because someone didn't appreciate another person engaging in the discussion.

Wow...

"

Yep...saw there had been loads of posts and thought there might have been a good debate about the programme but no....

By *abio OP   Man
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Are you saying black people can't afford that? "

out of interest clem.... can i ask a question...

every been stopped and searched? if so... how many times?

I thought it was interesting that Trevor Philips has been a victim of DWB.... How many times have you been stopper whilst driving...

be interesting to compare numbers.....

By *inaTitzTV/TS
over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

I feel like I've missed something here.

over a year ago

"There is a need for biscuits in the forums today and it's not even Thursday.

What do you all fancy then ?

your telling me... its all gone a bit "oooh"....

at least my Opening post was innocent about the programme.... lol

"

By the time I got to the end of thread I had forgotten the opening post as was looking for a dummy

over a year ago

Wow...

Yep...saw there had been loads of posts and thought there might have been a good debate about the programme but no...."

Why not comment about the programme then?

By *osieWoman
over a year ago

Wembley

".....

How many times have you been stopper whilst driving...

be interesting to compare numbers....."

Each and every time I was driving ...

... at over 200kph

over a year ago

"Are you saying black people can't afford that?

I thought it was interesting that Trevor Philips has been a victim of DWB.... How many times have you been stopper whilst driving...

Actually I've been stopped and searched before. Only the once but it was a strange experience. Certainly not something I'd want to experience on a regular basis.

My (white) husband has been pulled over in his car loads of times, especially when he had a BMW, and it was nearly always when he's been wearing a baseball cap or just generally looking a bit young and scruffy to be driving a nice car. There are incorrect judgements made about people based on their looks for more than just race. Am not suggesting there isn't a problem, btw, just that it's not wholly limited to particular groups.

over a year ago

I can say hand on heart... I've never been stopped randomly by the police while driving but then I do drive like an old man.

I have however been followed, photographed and have a report detailing when and where?.

I'm a bit torn with this one as being an active environmentalist I see the darker side of police tactics.

However I can see I'd do the same if I were the them and they were me.

over a year ago

This x 1000 every time "

But race exists. Ultimately we are all the same, but our differences are what make us interesting. I love other cultures, religions etc. I enjoy the traditions and history of different races. I prefer to embrace and understand differences rather than ignore them.

By *ardbellyCouple
over a year ago

Alicante

I did say this thread would get silly ? and as a young guy driving around London I often got stopped, but it wasn't because I was black..I found the program a bit wishy washy ? And it seemed like he was still pandering to someone else's agenda ? But at least it's a start ?

over a year ago

Paul Gilroy is an interesting author to look at for those who prefer informed experience over conjecture.

over a year ago

"I did say this thread would get silly ? and as a young guy driving around London I often got stopped, but it wasn't because I was black..I found the program a bit wishy washy ? And it seemed like he was still pandering to someone else's agenda ? But at least it's a start ? "

It was a good start, but I wasn't too sure by the end what Trevor Philips wanted us to takeaway as conclusions from the program.

over a year ago

Race and culture are two different things.... I object to lots of different cultures, I don't object to different races!

over a year ago

"I did say this thread would get silly ? and as a young guy driving around London I often got stopped, but it wasn't because I was black..I found the program a bit wishy washy ? And it seemed like he was still pandering to someone else's agenda ? But at least it's a start ?

It was a good start, but I wasn't too sure by the end what Trevor Philips wanted us to takeaway as conclusions from the program. "

I think his point was we stopped talking about race and stopping talking about it has lead to other problems.

His agenda is obviously people taking about race.... That's his job

over a year ago

"I did say this thread would get silly ? and as a young guy driving around London I often got stopped, but it wasn't because I was black..I found the program a bit wishy washy ? And it seemed like he was still pandering to someone else's agenda ? But at least it's a start ?

It was a good start, but I wasn't too sure by the end what Trevor Philips wanted us to takeaway as conclusions from the program. .

I think his point was we stopped talking about race and stopping talking about it has lead to other problems.

"

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

That isnt against rules no.

As mods wouldnt know if people were blocked from each other it would be hard to police anyway.

What is against rules is someone asking you to unblock so they can mail you etc.

over a year ago

I didn't see the programme but read a few reviews saying that trevor phillips was really obsessed with himself and his own role and rather than interview about issues he just banged on about his own importance - just wondering what people who saw it thought?

By *ardbellyCouple
over a year ago

Alicante

Well if you didn't see the program I'm sure you can find it some where to watch ? Make up your own mind..?

over a year ago

"I didn't see the programme but read a few reviews saying that trevor phillips was really obsessed with himself and his own role and rather than interview about issues he just banged on about his own importance - just wondering what people who saw it thought?"

I didn't think so. He was reflecting on his past role and experiences and giving his views. Bit hard to do that without saying 'I' and 'me' a lot.

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

Why not?

Without wanting to get into a debate with you I studied post colonial theory at university!

Which means very little to me. Race exists, I struggle to understand what is to be achieved by not recognising it."

The woman said politely that she doesnt want to debate with you, please respect that and ignore the womans posts.

Thanks

over a year ago

Why not?

Which means very little to me. Race exists, I struggle to understand what is to be achieved by not recognising it.

The woman said politely that she doesnt want to debate with you, please respect that and ignore the womans posts.

Thanks"

You will see that I have made no further comments and have maintained a dignified silence, without the need to be rude and to ruin a decent thread - I would appreciate that you make the same comments to said person in return. Thank you.

over a year ago

Why not?

Without wanting to get into a debate with you I studied post colonial theory at university! "

This is why people still believe that females shouldn't be educated.

Sexism on a race post, how shocking

over a year ago

If this is on 4OD I will watch it. I missed the first 20 minutes yesterday and assumed Id missed the 'context setting' so I skipped over it on the TV guide

over a year ago

GK - Sri Lankan

RB- Afghan

CB- American

CB- German

LB- English

RM- Indian

CM- English

CM- Romanian

LM- Moroccan

Str- Russian

Str- Colombian

"

And I bet theyd last longer in Europe than Ceetah could manage with all their millions

over a year ago

This is a surreal thread

By *arry247Couple
over a year ago

Wakefield

I was stopped and searched many times as a twenty odd year old man when I started driving I was often stopped as my image did not fit the cars I was driving. I have even been stopped on the motorway driving a truck more than once as having long hair the ploice were sure I was adrug user.

By *ere-for-my-convenienceWoman
over a year ago

West Midlands

Who won the race

over a year ago

I was stopped and searched many times as a twenty odd year old man when I started driving I was often stopped as my image did not fit the cars I was driving. I have even been stopped on the motorway driving a truck more than once as having long hair the ploice were sure I was adrug user.

"

My Dad was stopped numerous times in the 70s and 80s he was a mechanic and often worked on expensive cars. He moved to the south coast and worked for a time at a prestigious car company, favoured by fictional secret agents, he thought it was funny how the police in the town he moved to showed him much more courtesy and respect than those of his home city.

over a year ago

GK - Sri Lankan

RB- Afghan

CB- American

CB- German

LB- English

RM- Indian

CM- English

CM- Romanian

LM- Moroccan

Str- Russian

Str- Colombian

And I bet theyd last longer in Europe than Ceetah could manage with all their millions "

Having changed to a 4-3-3 attacking formation we have won the last 4 on the bounce, scoring 28 and conceding 8, so you never know! But they are a great bunch, irrespective of their race, creed or colour they respect each other and are a really close team. I have never had one issue regarding race or culture in nearly 4 years which maybe shows we should take our leads from kids!

over a year ago

over a year ago

GK - Sri Lankan

RB- Afghan

CB- American

CB- German

LB- English

RM- Indian

CM- English

CM- Romanian

LM- Moroccan

Str- Russian

Str- Colombian

And I bet theyd last longer in Europe than Ceetah could manage with all their millions

Having changed to a 4-3-3 attacking formation we have won the last 4 on the bounce, scoring 28 and conceding 8, so you never know! But they are a great bunch, irrespective of their race, creed or colour they respect each other and are a really close team. I have never had one issue regarding race or culture in nearly 4 years which maybe shows we should take our leads from kids!"

No troubles with Ramadan then?

over a year ago

GK - Sri Lankan

RB- Afghan

CB- American

CB- German

LB- English

RM- Indian

CM- English

CM- Romanian

LM- Moroccan

Str- Russian

Str- Colombian

Having changed to a 4-3-3 attacking formation we have won the last 4 on the bounce, scoring 28 and conceding 8, so you never know! But they are a great bunch, irrespective of their race, creed or colour they respect each other and are a really close team. I have never had one issue regarding race or culture in nearly 4 years which maybe shows we should take our leads from kids!.

No troubles with Ramadan then?"

No, I have a big squad, if boys can't play for whatever reasons I have enough cover elsewhere. A number of the boys still play through Ramadan, but if they choose not to there is no pressure on them. My German player is a very devout Christian and plays very few games on Sunday, but is welcomed when he can play.

over a year ago

GK - Sri Lankan

RB- Afghan

CB- American

CB- German

LB- English

RM- Indian

CM- English

CM- Romanian

LM- Moroccan

Str- Russian

Str- Colombian

Having changed to a 4-3-3 attacking formation we have won the last 4 on the bounce, scoring 28 and conceding 8, so you never know! But they are a great bunch, irrespective of their race, creed or colour they respect each other and are a really close team. I have never had one issue regarding race or culture in nearly 4 years which maybe shows we should take our leads from kids!.

No troubles with Ramadan then?

No, I have a big squad, if boys can't play for whatever reasons I have enough cover elsewhere. A number of the boys still play through Ramadan, but if they choose not to there is no pressure on them. My German player is a very devout Christian and plays very few games on Sunday, but is welcomed when he can play. "

German!!! .

Did you embrace him into the squad and give him the everybody's treated equal in this team

. but then make him train on his own

over a year ago

GK - Sri Lankan

RB- Afghan

CB- American

CB- German

LB- English

RM- Indian

CM- English

CM- Romanian

LM- Moroccan

Str- Russian

Str- Colombian

Do you have the German lad take all your pens?

over a year ago

GK - Sri Lankan

RB- Afghan

CB- American

CB- German

LB- English

RM- Indian

CM- English

CM- Romanian

LM- Moroccan

Str- Russian

Str- Colombian

Do you have the German lad take all your pens?"

Penalties and free kicks taken by my Moroccan who has the sweetest left foot!

And no Sexy-Bum, I don't make him train alone.....well ok, maybe sometimes!

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

"I did say this thread would get silly ? and as a young guy driving around London I often got stopped, but it wasn't because I was black..I found the program a bit wishy washy ? And it seemed like he was still pandering to someone else's agenda ? But at least it's a start ? "

I didn't watch the last 20 minutes because he wasn't saying anything I haven't heard him say before.

The Racist Election was interesting and had a lot in it that could be viewed through a current lens.

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

After 9/11 and 7/7 I was always stopped and swabbed at Canary Wharf if I was driving on my own. Never when I had colleagues in the car with me.

over a year ago

After 9/11 and 7/7 I was always stopped and swabbed at Canary Wharf if I was driving on my own. Never when I had colleagues in the car with me."

Good to know they were being vigilant.

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

After 9/11 and 7/7 I was always stopped and swabbed at Canary Wharf if I was driving on my own. Never when I had colleagues in the car with me.

Good to know they were being vigilant."

Thanks for that. Brown woman driving alone stop, brown woman driving white people wave through.

over a year ago

Thanks for that. Brown woman driving alone stop, brown woman driving white people wave through.

"

why would it bother you, if it keeps us safe and you havnt done anything wrong.

By *rown_cock_edinMan
over a year ago

edinburgh

I doubt you would put up with it... go on, take 5mins out of your day again and again and see how annoying it would be.

Hopefully wont bother you and keep 'US' safe also

over a year ago

why would it bother you, if it keeps us safe and you havnt done anything wrong."

You never disappoint

over a year ago

"I doubt you would put up with it... go on, take 5mins out of your day again and again and see how annoying it would be.

Hopefully wont bother you and keep 'US' safe also "

No it wouldn't bother me, not that much.

lots of worst things happen than that im sure.

over a year ago

why would it bother you, if it keeps us safe and you havnt done anything wrong.

You never disappoint "

Thanks, nice of you to say so.

over a year ago

"I doubt you would put up with it... go on, take 5mins out of your day again and again and see how annoying it would be.

Hopefully wont bother you and keep 'US' safe also

No it wouldn't bother me, not that much.

lots of worst things happen than that im sure."

Now imagine having to pull id out everytime you entered a supermarket, but didn't need to if you were with a colleague, how long before you got the hump?

over a year ago

"

What would happen if they didn't stop and search anyone though?

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

What would happen if they didn't stop and search anyone though?"

They can't stop everyone so they profile. Bombs still get through but I am sure some are caught.

However, this is somewhere I was going to on a fairly regular basis for work and being stopped in the the rush for work is highly annoying and galling when the same car is not stopped when I am driving non-brown/black people.

By *ardbellyCouple
over a year ago

Alicante

I think this thread needs closing down now ?

over a year ago

"I think this thread needs closing down now ? "

Why?

over a year ago

What would happen if they didn't stop and search anyone though?

They can't stop everyone so they profile. Bombs still get through but I am sure some are caught.

However, this is somewhere I was going to on a fairly regular basis for work and being stopped in the the rush for work is highly annoying and galling when the same car is not stopped when I am driving non-brown/black people."

I would be surprised if one bomb has ever been discovered in the UK from a random stop and search. One would have to question the effectiveness of a divisive and ineffectual policy.

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Why? No rules have been broken.

By *imiUKMan
over a year ago

Hereford

"I'm not watching it, does that make me a pacifist "

No, a nihlist.

By *abio OP   Man
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

it might be an eyeopener and an insight into certain people.... but it doesn't need closing......

over a year ago

"I think this thread needs closing down now ?

it might be an eyeopener and an insight into certain people.... but it doesn't need closing......"

Did we establish what it is about race we won't say?

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

it might be an eyeopener and an insight into certain people.... but it doesn't need closing......

Did we establish what it is about race we won't say? "

Racial profiling is OK as black and ethnic minorities commit crimes, that we've become segregated, that talking about it isn't racist...

By *ardbellyCouple
over a year ago

Alicante

It's seemingly gone from a TV program about race,to people having a pop at each other ,then football teams,? And more ? Oh well ? If everybody is happy by all means carry on

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

"It's seemingly gone from a TV program about race,to people having a pop at each other ,then football teams,? And more ? Oh well ? If everybody is happy by all means carry on "

Threads take on a life of their own.

By *ardbellyCouple
over a year ago

Alicante

Yes indeed..I try to remain neutral if poss..I get banned otherwise?

over a year ago

Racial profiling is OK as black and ethnic minorities commit crimes, that we've become segregated, that talking about it isn't racist..."

Thank you

over a year ago

Racial profiling is OK as black and ethnic minorities commit crimes, that we've become segregated, that talking about it isn't racist..."

Yeah you see that's why I said above it kinda irks me but then I can honestly say if they reversed roles with me, I'd probably do the same.

It comes down to man power, targets and limited resources.

If you need to hit targets and you have a limited budget, you shift your overhaul game plan to the easy solution.

In this case it's catching the easiest criminal.

Catching some poor black dudes rob a shop or mugging for chunk change. Easy.

Catching some rich white guys for million quid complicated commercial fraud. Little bit harder.

I think what Phillips was pointing out with racial targeting of crime, was certain races inability or lack of chances to integrate and which bunched them together and where they bunch with little chances, the crime appears which they seem to specialise in.

Ie he said the Chinese were likely to be in the human trafficking

The Turkish were likely to be in the heroin business etc etc.

Now personally I don't think this is race but culture.

Each race brings there own cultures which when it goes in the wrong direction is used in the wrong ways!.

And while writing this I was obviously drawn to what would be British cultural problems when roles are reversed.....

I'll get back when I've mulled it over

over a year ago

Racial profiling is OK as black and ethnic minorities commit crimes, that we've become segregated, that talking about it isn't racist....

Yeah you see that's why I said above it kinda irks me but then I can honestly say if they reversed roles with me, I'd probably do the same.

If you need to hit targets and you have a limited budget, you shift your overhaul game plan to the easy solution.

Catching some rich white guys for million quid complicated commercial fraud. Little bit harder.

I think what Phillips was pointing out with racial targeting of crime, was certain races inability or lack of chances to integrate and which bunched them together and where they bunch with little chances, the crime appears which they seem to specialise in.

Each race brings there own cultures which when it goes in the wrong direction is used in the wrong ways!.

And while writing this I was obviously drawn to what would be British cultural problems when roles are reversed.....

I'll get back when I've mulled it over "

British cultural problems? Blame 'foreigners' for 'everything' perchance

over a year ago

No I was thinking more along the lines of imperialism!! But nowadays it's probably ruining other people's beach's and streets with puke, graffiti, litter and fat wobbly white bits

By *ymph and ManicCouple
over a year ago

North East

GK - Sri Lankan

RB- Afghan

CB- American

CB- German

LB- English

RM- Indian

CM- English

CM- Romanian

LM- Moroccan

Str- Russian

Str- Colombian

I do, Christopher Underhill-Northrup-Tundall. Can't understand why I get so much abuse "

.....no wonder the england football now is shite

over a year ago

Racial profiling is OK as black and ethnic minorities commit crimes, that we've become segregated, that talking about it isn't racist....

I'll get back when I've mulled it over

British cultural problems? Blame 'foreigners' for 'everything' perchance"

No, not all of them.

over a year ago

"No I was thinking more along the lines of imperialism!! But nowadays it's probably ruining other people's beach's and streets with puke, graffiti, litter and fat wobbly white bits "

Ha ha Ah yes but that's their imperial right (deluded)

And...I'm out before anyone gets offended

over a year ago

Watched it - no surprise the Rotherham scandal was highlighted.

over a year ago

"No I was thinking more along the lines of imperialism!! But nowadays it's probably ruining other people's beach's and streets with puke, graffiti, litter and fat wobbly white bits "

Ah hem, i think you ment "big beautiful wobbly white bits".....

over a year ago

"No I was thinking more along the lines of imperialism!! But nowadays it's probably ruining other people's beach's and streets with puke, graffiti, litter and fat wobbly white bits

Ah hem, i think you ment "big beautiful wobbly white bits"....."

Nah you've mistaken me for somebody who doesn't wish to offend

over a year ago

I went to Southend beach last year what a dump! Watching people on the beach i observed that no-one has told certain migrant families that they should use the bins. Also when you set light to one of the said bins with your disposable bbq you are allowed to use the sea water to put out the fire. It is frowned upon to simply gather your possesions and causally move 50 yards down the beach and carry on as if the raging plastic inferno is nothing to do with you.

over a year ago

"I went to Southend beach last year what a dump! Watching people on the beach i observed that no-one has told certain migrant families that they should use the bins. Also when you set light to one of the said bins with your disposable bbq you are allowed to use the sea water to put out the fire. It is frowned upon to simply gather your possesions and causally move 50 yards down the beach and carry on as if the raging plastic inferno is nothing to do with you. "
..People in general are halfwits, I blame television and fizzy drinks, but mostly halfwitedness

over a year ago

"I went to Southend beach last year what a dump! Watching people on the beach i observed that no-one has told certain migrant families that they should use the bins. Also when you set light to one of the said bins with your disposable bbq you are allowed to use the sea water to put out the fire. It is frowned upon to simply gather your possesions and causally move 50 yards down the beach and carry on as if the raging plastic inferno is nothing to do with you. "

i wouldnt advise using Southend Seawater to put out a Fire, The Toxic fallout could wipe out half of Essex

Hmmm on second thoughts

Gimp

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

[Removed by poster at 21/03/15 10:06:56]

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Me too..

Well I don't think anybody is being racist by watching a TV program ..no doubt this thread will get all silly ?"

It hadn't so far.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"Can a moderator please tell me if directly addressing someone who has blocked you against forum/site rules? Thanks.

not a mod, but from what iv read of the rules, and as it states as you type a post 'Do not use the forum to try and contact people who have BLOCKED you'

I would say yes, report it,x "

Surely it depends. If they are simply joining in a conversation then I don't see that it's classed as 'contacting'.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Wow..."

By *errygTV/TS
over a year ago

denton

when i was travelling the world usually people of the same race tend to live in one area spain a lot of brits moving there stay in english speaking areas, a estate agent here in england said not many white people bought a house in a asian area,

Post new Message to Thread