Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

proud mamma today

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

my little girl is 21 today- has been known to be a real cow over the teen years - is struggling with ongoing health problems but gets on with it - and is heading for a really good result from her english degree - all that aside its the little things that make me love her to bits and have hope she is growing into a lovely woman - her dad has plenty of money and sticks an amount into her bank - i bought her a book she wanted - a certain grimms fairy tales with particular illustrations in - i had a shot glass engraved for her - a couple of sillies and 21 chocolate hearts and i took her out for a nice lunch - about a fifth of what dad gave but she just rang me to tell me how special i had made her feel and how she appreciated it as it cost me more (even though it was less) - put the phone down and cried a bit i did Sx

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *eedelightsWoman
over a year ago

London

"my little girl is 21 today- has been known to be a real cow over the teen years - is struggling with ongoing health problems but gets on with it - and is heading for a really good result from her english degree - all that aside its the little things that make me love her to bits and have hope she is growing into a lovely woman - her dad has plenty of money and sticks an amount into her bank - i bought her a book she wanted - a certain grimms fairy tales with particular illustrations in - i had a shot glass engraved for her - a couple of sillies and 21 chocolate hearts and i took her out for a nice lunch - about a fifth of what dad gave but she just rang me to tell me how special i had made her feel and how she appreciated it as it cost me more (even though it was less) - put the phone down and cried a bit i did Sx

Be very proud, be happy

"

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

lovely post to read.. xXx

over a year ago

Our kids are our life and its a beautiful feeling knowing your kids appreciate you and understand how hard it can be. Great kid and an awesome mum by the sounds of it

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

and quite right to feel proud

good luck to her

over a year ago

Happy birtday to your daughter and well done you x it is indeed the small things that count

over a year ago

"my little girl is 21 today- has been known to be a real cow over the teen years - is struggling with ongoing health problems but gets on with it - and is heading for a really good result from her english degree - all that aside its the little things that make me love her to bits and have hope she is growing into a lovely woman - her dad has plenty of money and sticks an amount into her bank - i bought her a book she wanted - a certain grimms fairy tales with particular illustrations in - i had a shot glass engraved for her - a couple of sillies and 21 chocolate hearts and i took her out for a nice lunch - about a fifth of what dad gave but she just rang me to tell me how special i had made her feel and how she appreciated it as it cost me more (even though it was less) - put the phone down and cried a bit i did Sx

"

By *uke olovingmanMan
over a year ago

Gravesend

Aww. Big congrats

over a year ago

Money really isn't everything.

I'd appreciate what you did a lot more, you went through effort and thought about it

By *ig1gaz1Man
over a year ago

bradford

"

im actually looking forward to getting to this stage as ive already had some really nice comments, on what ive done for them already and yet it has made me proud often for what I had choosen to do years ago

over a year ago

Happy 21st what a fabulous fun age to be x

over a year ago

Aww well done its things like that that make it all.worth while x

By *reelove1969Couple
over a year ago

bristol

not meaning to burst your bubble but she probably rang her dad as well and said the same thing

over a year ago

"not meaning to burst your bubble but she probably rang her dad as well and said the same thing "

Fuck's sake.

over a year ago

What a lovely mum you are!..sounds like your daughter enjoyed her birthday...you made it special..anyone can give money xx

over a year ago

How lovely!! Mine have grown up, we've been through, trials and tribulations, face not bothered, I hate you. And come out the other side, I love them unconditionally they are my world, my best freinds, the reason I'm here. Im now I'm in purgatory again with a 6 yr old it's my life I love it. Hope you and your daughter had an amazing day x

over a year ago

"not meaning to burst your bubble but she probably rang her dad as well and said the same thing "

Beggars belief!

over a year ago

Money does not buy love..

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

bubble not burst at all - you know nothing about what we have all been through and i can assure you she wont have even spoken to her dad today -

over a year ago

How lovely

Post new Message to Thread