Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

They have both given evidence

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Clarkson and Tymon both gave evidence yesterday. Wonder how long it will take the Beeb to now come up with a decision

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Clarkson and Tymon both gave evidence yesterday. Wonder how long it will take the Beeb to now come up with a decision "

Spose it depends on their lawyers and whether they can keep Danny Cohen out of the decision making.

By *eerobCouple
over a year ago

solihull

Hopefully it can just all blow over and return to what it was.

over a year ago

Too much internal politics involved for it to be impartial

over a year ago

"Too much internal politics involved for it to be impartial "

Not least that Cohen has a hard-on for being the man that brought down Clarkson irrespective of what's best for the BBC and license payers.

over a year ago

Just been reported that the Beeb had to cancel the three remaining shows when Hammond and May refused to record them while Clarkson was suspended. The Beeb wanted to transit the shows with the already prerecorded clips and Hammond and May in the studios.

The Beeb was told all three presenters or nothing.

By *exy hot wife 84Couple
over a year ago

Stevenage

"Just been reported that the Beeb had to cancel the three remaining shows when Hammond and May refused to record them while Clarkson was suspended. The Beeb wanted to transit the shows with the already prerecorded clips and Hammond and May in the studios.

The Beeb was told all three presenters or nothing. "

. good!!!!

over a year ago

Maybe they'll all get the tin-tac now.

over a year ago

Technically it will be a case of not renewing contracts which are up for renewal at the end of the month

By *ezjez369Man
over a year ago

london

And if Hammond and may refuse to work, they'll get the chop through contractual obligations too.

the death of top gear!!! Hurrah

over a year ago

I cant see what the beeb can do, however popular someone is if they are on a final warning and then go and hit another member of staff surely that's it??

Bring on Alan Partridge!

over a year ago

"I cant see what the beeb can do, however popular someone is if they are on a final warning and then go and hit another member of staff surely that's it??

Bring on Alan Partridge!"

Smell my cheese..... SMELL IT

over a year ago

The contracts will lapse and a new version of tg will turn up on sky next year

over a year ago

"I cant see what the beeb can do, however popular someone is if they are on a final warning and then go and hit another member of staff surely that's it??"

You forgot the word 'allegedly'.

By *illwill69uMan
over a year ago

moston

Good on May and Hammond!

Wonder if the production team have worked out that they are also all out of work too.

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

"Good on May and Hammond!

Wonder if the production team have worked out that they are also all out of work too.

"

They probably are; that's how television works.

So is that down to Hammond and May for refusing to honour their commitment to their contract for the remaining shows? The production and post-production crews, the office staff associated with the show all of whom expected to have work to the end of the month.

I say again it was reasonable to suspend Clarkson and to investigate the allegation. Making it an all in it together, all or nothing cause celebres just shows how little regard the "talent" have for the lower paid, often freelance, colleagues.

over a year ago

"Bring on Alan Partridge"

Well that'll certainly make sure that I'd never watch the show ever again.

over a year ago

So is that down to Hammond and May for refusing to honour their commitment to their contract for the remaining shows? The production and post-production crews, the office staff associated with the show all of whom expected to have work to the end of the month.

I say again it was reasonable to suspend Clarkson and to investigate the allegation. Making it an all in it together, all or nothing cause celebres just shows how little regard the "talent" have for the lower paid, often freelance, colleagues.

"

over a year ago

"

alternate viewpoint is they are supporting a wronged colleague

Don't let your bias affect your viewpoint

over a year ago

If this event was between John Smith and Fred Jones on a building site no one would have given a flying shit. Clarkson, whatever you think of him, is a clear target for the Hyper PC brigade.

Personally I would have said to the assistant producer "How much?" and sorted it. He obviously was not hurt or anything. Worse things happen ever day in pubs and on the games field. In the past "Stars" of film and TV have had assistant producers and others sacked for far less.

I am just tired of this now. Get Top Gear back so we don't have to pay £30 million more in licence fees because of lost profit.

PS Good on May and Hammond for standing by Clarkson

over a year ago

"I cant see what the beeb can do, however popular someone is if they are on a final warning and then go and hit another member of staff surely that's it??

Bring on Alan Partridge!"

Modern life is the bane of men and real characters. Too much PC sensitivity and two faced cowardice. Love him or hate him, Clarkson is a character and character goes along way. The number if signatures has proved that.

The others involved are grey and boring 'yes' men, non-descript, who've been made famous because of Clarkson.

Clarkson is too big for the tin-pot BBC to handle.

over a year ago

"If this event was between John Smith and Fred Jones on a building site no one would have given a flying shit. Clarkson, whatever you think of him, is a clear target for the Hyper PC brigade.

Personally I would have said to the assistant producer "How much?" and sorted it. He obviously was not hurt or anything. Worse things happen ever day in pubs and on the games field. In the past "Stars" of film and TV have had assistant producers and others sacked for far less.

I am just tired of this now. Get Top Gear back so we don't have to pay £30 million more in licence fees because of lost profit.

PS Good on May and Hammond for standing by Clarkson"

over a year ago

"And if Hammond and may refuse to work, they'll get the chop through contractual obligations too.

the death of top gear!!! Hurrah "

Why so happy, 5m+ people in the UK and hundreds of millions around the world enjoy the show, if you don't want to watch it, don't and it won't have any impact on your life whatsoever. I personally don't like Eastenders so don't watch it, but I would be sad to see it finish as it gives pleasure to the 10m+ people who do watch it. The great thing about TV is there is plenty of diversity, so focus on what you like.

over a year ago

I've never watched TG and never will for 1 reason and one reason only Jeremy Clarkson is a knob he up himself the sooner this is resolved the better so people can stop taking about him

over a year ago

Why don't they put them both in a boxing ring winner takes all, filmed for BBC... Even more money!

over a year ago

"Now tonight I'll be in a Vauxhall Vectra driving barefoot to Dundee".

By *ouble CCouple
over a year ago

Gran Canaria

I hate Jeremy Clarkson, and I am NOT part if the so called PC Brigade either. That man, in my opinion, is a bell end. And if I had hit one of my colleagues I wud have been sacked and rightly so.

I hope the BBC make an example of him and hoof him out on his ass.

Girl, bye!

over a year ago

You cannot hit colleagues.

The end.

By *izzy RascallMan
over a year ago

Cardiff

Part 2

Be interesting once the facts come out and not just rumours

By *issHottieBottieWoman
over a year ago

Kent

I still haven't actually got a clue what happened in the first place but it seems to of got a lot of people in a pickle

By *oe bloggs69Man
over a year ago

fife

"If this event was between John Smith and Fred Jones on a building site no one would have given a flying shit. Clarkson, whatever you think of him, is a clear target for the Hyper PC brigade.

PS Good on May and Hammond for standing by Clarkson"

jolly well said

By *izzy RascallMan
over a year ago

Cardiff

Im the same as Double C - I dont like JC (not going to use the word hate) and Im not TG's biggest fan but for what channels I have its the best thing on Sunday at 8pm.

I'll miss the show but not as much as true fans, its crazy how big a success it is.

One channel will buy it but it wont be as good no matter who they get doing what

By *oe bloggs69Man
over a year ago

fife

"I hate Jeremy Clarkson, and I am NOT part if the so called PC Brigade either. That man, in my opinion, is a bell end. And if I had hit one of my colleagues I wud have been sacked and rightly so.

I hope the BBC make an example of him and hoof him out on his ass.

Girl, bye! "

don't think he'd worry too much,he'd be snapped up in no time by ch5....ah 5th gear returns!

over a year ago

The good news is that a deal has been put to Clarkson that keeps Top Gear on the Beeb. It does have strings attached which JC may not like

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
over a year ago

in Lancashire

apparently a million people have signed the petition..

does one assume that they would be also ok with one of their work colleagues punching them..

or their children coming home after the same..

allegedly of course..

By *r and mrs sanddancerCouple
over a year ago

BOLDON COLLIERY

one thought on the whole episode why weren't the police called in when it first happened then it would have been out of the bbc's hands, and why did the assistant not report it,

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Don't let your bias affect your viewpoint "

Right back at you. My bias is towards not ever using verbal or physical violence. My bias is towards an allegation being investigated without the pressure of mob rule or colleagues putting pressure on management to make it go away.

Supporting a wronged colleague by downing tools is fine but when it stops all the other colleagues from earning their living and they have no say in it... Smacks of two legs bad four legs good to me and there they are on their hind legs.

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

"one thought on the whole episode why weren't the police called in when it first happened then it would have been out of the bbc's hands, and why did the assistant not report it, "

I have wondered this too but I also know lots of things don't get reported to the police.

over a year ago

Quite frankly I don't care

over a year ago

Hopefully once Mr Cameron is returned to No.10 in May,he'll be in a position to offer Mr Clarkson a position in government .Culture &Immigration perhaps.

over a year ago

Right back at you. My bias is towards not ever using verbal or physical violence. My bias is towards an allegation being investigated without the pressure of mob rule or colleagues putting pressure on management to make it go away.

Supporting a wronged colleague by downing tools is fine but when it stops all the other colleagues from earning their living and they have no say in it... Smacks of two legs bad four legs good to me and there they are on their hind legs.

"

Not too dissimilar from RMT action everytime a member is sanctioned for wrong doing (like driving a tube while under the influence of alcohol)!

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Not too dissimilar from RMT action everytime a member is sanctioned for wrong doing (like driving a tube while under the influence of alcohol)!"

And I don't condone that either.

This debate has come down to only doing what others do. That's not good enough or a justification.

over a year ago

Not too dissimilar from RMT action everytime a member is sanctioned for wrong doing (like driving a tube while under the influence of alcohol)!

This debate has come down to only doing what others do. That's not good enough or a justification.

"

Maybe it is naïve, but if this was a serious incident it should have been dealt with by the police, and if it was a minor incident it should have been dealt with behind closed doors.

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

"

Maybe it is naïve, but if this was a serious incident it should have been dealt with by the police, and if it was a minor incident it should have been dealt with behind closed doors."

I have had to deal with a similar incident in a workplace. As the most senior member of staff I had to deal with it according to the procedures. Neither party wanted to press criminal assault charges so no police involvement. Dealing with it behind closed doors is never an option if there are witnesses as these things come back to bite you later.

Following the stated procedures is the only sensible thing to do. That is all that I have been advocating on these threads. I keep saying it because I am surprise and appalled that so many people on these threads are making comments that suggest they believe that is wrong.

He's been suspended, there is an investigation, there will be some sort of outcome. A mob demanding his reinstatement, his colleagues downing tools in support to force a decision in his favour should not sway following the procedures.

The likely outcome will probably some sort of compromise agreement and pay off in all sorts of directions, which isn't ideal after all the furore but it probably makes business sense.

over a year ago

"

Maybe it is naïve, but if this was a serious incident it should have been dealt with by the police, and if it was a minor incident it should have been dealt with behind closed doors.

I have had to deal with a similar incident in a workplace. As the most senior member of staff I had to deal with it according to the procedures. Neither party wanted to press criminal assault charges so no police involvement. Dealing with it behind closed doors is never an option if there are witnesses as these things come back to bite you later.

Following the stated procedures is the only sensible thing to do. That is all that I have been advocating on these threads. I keep saying it because I am surprise and appalled that so many people on these threads are making comments that suggest they believe that is wrong.

He's been suspended, there is an investigation, there will be some sort of outcome. A mob demanding his reinstatement, his colleagues downing tools in support to force a decision in his favour should not sway following the procedures.

The likely outcome will probably some sort of compromise agreement and pay off in all sorts of directions, which isn't ideal after all the furore but it probably makes business sense.

"

You are as always right. I suppose when the impact of a suspension is the cancelling of one of the most popular shows in the world, it will attract a huge amount of media attention. I too had to deal with a not dissimilar incident, also in a high profile media context, but in that case managed to keep the matter within the company. What I didn't do was suspend the individual concerned, I did a full investigation without having to do that. Perhaps the Beeb might have been well advised to think through their options before creating a situation which has now got way out of hand.

over a year ago

You stick with the lies hype and hysterical witch hunts.

You obviously know all the facts about the suspended underground driver too.

The alcohol levels for train drivers are far lower than for car drivers.

Like the fact that the driver is diabetic.

The test was administered incorrectly and not according to to TFL guidelines.

The test was partially administered by a non qualified TFL employee who wasn't supervised or authorised to take the test.

All of the above can affect the outcome of the test and cause false readings.

After the test, TFL did not follow the correct procedures in disciplining the employee. The case has been to a binding tribunal which has found in favour of the employee and states the he should be reinstated. TFL have failed to do this.

TFL have also sacked another staff member that has a mild but stable heart condition contrary to medical advice.

TFL have also sacked another staff member suffering from controllable epilepsy. Again this is contrary to independent medical advice. Mall these cases spit in the face of current employment law.

But don't let the trivia of facts get in the way of the media witch hunt.

As to Clarkson, it is stated there was a fracas. Now I have looked long and hard but I can't find a single case of one person on their own causing a fracas.

During the fracas between Clarkson and Tymon nowhere is it certain that Clarkson threw the first punch but it seems reasonable that he threw the last.

And as for the crap about punching someone, it is perfectly legal to launch a pre-emptive strike.

It seems some within the Beeb are happy satisfied with the way the enquiry has gone

over a year ago

"You stick with the lies hype and hysterical witch hunts.

You obviously know all the facts about the suspended underground driver too.

The alcohol levels for train drivers are far lower than for car drivers.

Like the fact that the driver is diabetic.

The test was administered incorrectly and not according to to TFL guidelines.

The test was partially administered by a non qualified TFL employee who wasn't supervised or authorised to take the test.

All of the above can affect the outcome of the test and cause false readings.

After the test, TFL did not follow the correct procedures in disciplining the employee. The case has been to a binding tribunal which has found in favour of the employee and states the he should be reinstated. TFL have failed to do this.

TFL have also sacked another staff member that has a mild but stable heart condition contrary to medical advice.

TFL have also sacked another staff member suffering from controllable epilepsy. Again this is contrary to independent medical advice. Mall these cases spit in the face of current employment law.

But don't let the trivia of facts get in the way of the media witch hunt.

As to Clarkson, it is stated there was a fracas. Now I have looked long and hard but I can't find a single case of one person on their own causing a fracas.

During the fracas between Clarkson and Tymon nowhere is it certain that Clarkson threw the first punch but it seems reasonable that he threw the last.

And as for the crap about punching someone, it is perfectly legal to launch a pre-emptive strike.

It seems some within the Beeb are happy satisfied with the way the enquiry has gone

"

My point was that people will stand up for colleagues if they believe they are in the right, when others may have limited information and believe the opposite.

over a year ago

in Lancashire

"

"

one would expect and is common with good management that if that were the case in this issue then they could have been moved to other parts of the organisation whilst the issue was investigated..

that only one has been suspended does indicate there is strong evidence to suggest this wasn't something done to prevent physical injury upon oneself which we all have the right to do..

its totally crap and naive to think people only punch others to prevent attack..

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

"And if Hammond and may refuse to work, they'll get the chop through contractual obligations too.

the death of top gear!!! Hurrah "

It dies years ago...Just contrived crap now. Middle aged men in pleather trying to look cool in penis extensions.

over a year ago

"

one would expect and is common with good management that if that were the case in this issue then they could have been moved to other parts of the organisation whilst the issue was investigated..

that only one has been suspended does indicate there is strong evidence to suggest this wasn't something done to prevent physical injury upon oneself which we all have the right to do..

its totally crap and naive to think people only punch others to prevent attack.."

where did anyone say it was? Many are saying a punch should mean instant dismissal without considering any mitigating circumstances that there may be

over a year ago

in Lancashire

"

its totally crap and naive to think people only punch others to prevent attack..where did anyone say it was? Many are saying a punch should mean instant dismissal without considering any mitigating circumstances that there may be"

those who say that he should be dismissed instantly are equally as wrong as those who sign a petition seeking the continuity of the programme despite the allegation and that it hasn't been properly investigated..

would suggest that none of the above would be happy to have them or their own treated similarly or that they would expect to have someone on a final written warning not suspended for allegedly punching them or their own..

folk are fickle..

By *harpDressed ManMan
over a year ago

Here occasionally, but mostly somewhere else

Lots of people on this thread very well informed about a show they wouldn't want to watch...

over a year ago

Oh the irony

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"Lots of people on this thread very well informed about a show they wouldn't want to watch...

"

this and Fifty Shades lol

over a year ago

Reports now saying that the stipulations in the deal to reinstate JC are unacceptable

Could mean the end of TG as we know it

By *urvymamaWoman
over a year ago

Doncaster

Just read hes been officially sacked by the beeb.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"Just read hes been officially sacked by the beeb. "

Blimey.

over a year ago

Decision not made public until next week

over a year ago

"You cannot hit colleagues.

The end."

What if you are a professional boxer?

over a year ago

Still reckon this all a put on, if Clarkson was sacked its because that what he wanted.

Like Saurez biting that guy at the world cup, he's got a better offer somewhere else.

Post new Message to Thread