Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

I REALLY fucking hate spiders

Jump to newest

By *rcticFoxxx OP   Woman
over a year ago

Hereabouts

late last week there was a huuuuge spider in my room. I asked my mum to bring the hoover upstairs for me.. Instead she brought kitchen roll and the fucking spider got away minus one leg. About 20 minutes ago I felt something tickle my back.. I thought it was a feather from my duvet... Nope. That beast was back for revenge! I knocked him on the floor and he crawled inside my co-op bag filled with drinks and cup-a-soups...! Whilst shaking and trying not to cry, I took everything out of the bag... I had one can of drink left in the bag and the fucker was hiding underneath it. I didn't want to touch it because I knew I would scream. Thank fuck for more plastic bags! I trapped him in the corner of the bag, then wrapped that bag inside another bag, and that one inside another one and put it in the bathroom bin. I was going to squash it but it's so big it would have gone pop and I would have squealed and woken the house up.

I'm so proud of myself for getting it out of my room without crying! My skin is crawling now though.

Cuddles please!!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

My last Border Collie was called Spider

By *uzzy NavelWoman
over a year ago

so near and yet so far....

"late last week there was a huuuuge spider in my room. I asked my mum to bring the hoover upstairs for me.. Instead she brought kitchen roll and the fucking spider got away minus one leg. About 20 minutes ago I felt something tickle my back.. I thought it was a feather from my duvet... Nope. That beast was back for revenge! I knocked him on the floor and he crawled inside my co-op bag filled with drinks and cup-a-soups...! Whilst shaking and trying not to cry, I took everything out of the bag... I had one can of drink left in the bag and the fucker was hiding underneath it. I didn't want to touch it because I knew I would scream. Thank fuck for more plastic bags! I trapped him in the corner of the bag, then wrapped that bag inside another bag, and that one inside another one and put it in the bathroom bin. I was going to squash it but it's so big it would have gone pop and I would have squealed and woken the house up.

I'm so proud of myself for getting it out of my room without crying! My skin is crawling now though.

Cuddles please!! "

Awww virtual cuddles being sent xx

Upside of China is ive not seen any spideys xx

Had similar experience of trying to be brave for daughters who both scream very loudly, when they see something crawling....

Used to have a guy that lived over the road for such emergencies as spideys at night....

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

If you really don,t like spiders Sometimes its worth following tips you Hear, I followed a tip where someone on Here mentioned placeing conkers in known Area,s of your home that spiders are known to be seen or any probable Access Points I tried this with conkers I got From some local trees last auturm and It seems to have an effect thou they have Shrunken the conkers have in size now Its the chestnut oil they don,t like which the Conkers must give out some kind of Odour from this oil that the spiders Can detect and keep clear of, the Spider your refering to is the common House spider I don,t mind the odd one Inside has they do more good than harm , But its in my conservatory where they get in due to gaps etc where I have conkers down I have been forever Clearing the damn webs out with the Occasional spider tangled up inside they can be very good for keeping the flys down but when trying to clean glass or makeing somewhere like a giant cobweb..

over a year ago

It's dead ones that freak me out. I am quite happy capturing a live one and shooing it out of the house with a cup and a bit of card.

But I'm terrified I will damage it or something.

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

"It's dead ones that freak me out. I am quite happy capturing a live one and shooing it out of the house with a cup and a bit of card.

"

Same here. Dead spids (or their shed skin) give me the creeps, but live spids are easily dealt with.

over a year ago

Spiders, wasps and snakes cant stand them

over a year ago

rather cruel. they're tiny compared to us.

over a year ago

Anything with more than 4 legs realy freak me out...

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

Is a spider going to cause you any actual bodily harm? They only want to go about their own business. The wouldn't harm a fly

over a year ago

"Is a spider going to cause you any actual bodily harm? They only want to go about their own business. The wouldn't harm a fly "

We have a built in fear of them from our ancestors from when they weren't so harmless .. we are just lucky in this country .

.I have a big one on my ceiling right now.. my youngest daughter wants me to kill it but I will unless it comes near me leave it be

By *educedWoman
over a year ago

Birmingham

OMG you are the bravest woman alive and I bow down to you.

When my eldest was a new born, he woke me one night for a feed and as I went to fetch him from his crib there was a huge spider sat on his forehead. I panicked. The ex was away at work and I was totally alone but I knew that I couldn't pick him up with it sat there. The baby was getting more and more upset the more hysterical I became. In the end, I went a knocked a neighbour up (I had thought about calling the police) who begrudgingly came and removed the spider. I knew then I needed help.

I am a little better now. I actually held a tarantula for a few seconds but it's the house spiders...they move so quickly and I do still panic if I see one.

I don't know why (and I wish they didn't) spiders make me so irrational and pathetic.

over a year ago

if you put nuts and seeds out for the birds you wont get quite so many because we get lots of birds in our garden and they also eat spiders, have you got tree and bushes because that will mean you get more wild birds.

over a year ago

"It's dead ones that freak me out. I am quite happy capturing a live one and shooing it out of the house with a cup and a bit of card.

"

Glass and paper works well. I never kill then.

And in defence to spiders i was reading yesterday that they might have found a new pain relief in spiders venom. Blocks pain channels i think. But that would be great for ppl with chronic pain

over a year ago

I sprinkle peppermint oil over the carpets and doormats. I've only had two in the house since last June - that was when I forgot to do it.

Hope that helps

over a year ago

I like spiders they are cute .

over a year ago

"I sprinkle peppermint oil over the carpets and doormats. I've only had two in the house since last June - that was when I forgot to do it.

Hope that helps "

what about if your pets eat it though?

over a year ago

"Is a spider going to cause you any actual bodily harm? They only want to go about their own business. The wouldn't harm a fly

We have a built in fear of them from our ancestors from when they weren't so harmless .. we are just lucky in this country .

.I have a big one on my ceiling right now.. my youngest daughter wants me to kill it but I will unless it comes near me leave it be "

Its not built in, its learned behaviour.

Nobody in my house when I grew up, was scared of them. Neither am I. My wife is terrified of them, as is her mother and sisters. My kids actively play with them if they catch one, they will let them crawl all over them. We even dare each other to let them crawl over our faces or up our sleeves. Nothing is going to happen. That's all you have remember.

I am scared of crocodiles, tigers, lions and rabid dogs though. But I have good reason to be. That's why they are kept behind bars in this country.

over a year ago

I read that it's harmless to pets the only oil they can die from is tea tree.

I haven't got any now where I used to live we were on the third floor and didn't see any.

I had two bengals and they used to love to get rid of the spiders.

You only need one or two drops of it

over a year ago

Hereabouts

I'm gonna win the lottery and move into a place with pressure chambers and clean rooms like in hospitals at every door so no bugs can get in!

over a year ago

"I'm gonna win the lottery and move into a place with pressure chambers and clean rooms like in hospitals at every door so no bugs can get in! "

If I win I'll buy you a place

By *izzy RascallMan
over a year ago

Cardiff

I dont hate spiders, I certanly dont love them but I prefer them to flies buzzing around

By *layfull pairingCouple
over a year ago

Bristol

Theres the shed skin of one on the floor of my garage....its fucking massive...so somewhere in there is the massive new shiny skinned beastie whos taken up residence.... Which means i can never go in there...ever again

over a year ago

I quite like spiders, because I seriously hate flies! So am quite happy to share my house with them....my cats on the other hand have other ideas...spiders don't last long in our house!

over a year ago

"Theres the shed skin of one on the floor of my garage....its fucking massive...so somewhere in there is the massive new shiny skinned beastie whos taken up residence.... Which means i can never go in there...ever again "

Thanks for that heartwarming thought ha ha. There I was thinking about opening the shed

over a year ago

"I dont hate spiders, I certanly dont love them but I prefer them to flies buzzing around"
I,ve put one of those screens in front of the Kithen door that hang down in plastic strips got them off amazon perhaps less Than a month and fly,s will be on the wing perhaps later for wasps they all Come inside if they get chance along with bumble bees hopefully this screen Does the job.

over a year ago

Hahaha!!

This sounds like my eldest!

6ft tall & a manly 15 years old but turns into a quivering wreak if there is a spider in the room!

No one else in the house is bothered by them

over a year ago

"Is a spider going to cause you any actual bodily harm? They only want to go about their own business. The wouldn't harm a fly

.I have a big one on my ceiling right now.. my youngest daughter wants me to kill it but I will unless it comes near me leave it be

Its not built in, its learned behaviour.

Nobody in my house when I grew up, was scared of them. Neither am I. My wife is terrified of them, as is her mother and sisters. My kids actively play with them if they catch one, they will let them crawl all over them. We even dare each other to let them crawl over our faces or up our sleeves. Nothing is going to happen. That's all you have remember.

I am scared of crocodiles, tigers, lions and rabid dogs though. But I have good reason to be. That's why they are kept behind bars in this country."

exactly! my 3yr old isn't scared, as im not, we happily handle them and pop them back out side, no need to freak out or harm them.

over a year ago

spiders get squisheed here

over a year ago

Drop them in the deep fat fryer for a few seconds for a tasty snack!

Out of interest, who amongst the arachnaphobes, is scared of ladybirds, moths and the like?

By *izzy RascallMan
over a year ago

Cardiff

"I dont hate spiders, I certanly dont love them but I prefer them to flies buzzing around I,ve put one of those screens in front of the Kithen door that hang down in plastic strips got them off amazon perhaps less Than a month and fly,s will be on the wing perhaps later for wasps they all Come inside if they get chance along with bumble bees hopefully this screen Does the job. "

I got one on a door way into a cupboard, its made from bamboo. The fucking splinters are a bastard, all I do is pop my head in there to get a carrier bag or the ironing board, so no, I wont be putting any others up

By *luezuluMan
over a year ago

Suffolk

Spiders put their willies in your mouth when you are asleep

over a year ago

"Spiders put their willies in your mouth when you are asleep "

not just spiders

By *uicylucy76Woman
over a year ago

thornton cleveleys

"late last week there was a huuuuge spider in my room. I asked my mum to bring the hoover upstairs for me.. Instead she brought kitchen roll and the fucking spider got away minus one leg. About 20 minutes ago I felt something tickle my back.. I thought it was a feather from my duvet... Nope. That beast was back for revenge! I knocked him on the floor and he crawled inside my co-op bag filled with drinks and cup-a-soups...! Whilst shaking and trying not to cry, I took everything out of the bag... I had one can of drink left in the bag and the fucker was hiding underneath it. I didn't want to touch it because I knew I would scream. Thank fuck for more plastic bags! I trapped him in the corner of the bag, then wrapped that bag inside another bag, and that one inside another one and put it in the bathroom bin. I was going to squash it but it's so big it would have gone pop and I would have squealed and woken the house up.

Cuddles please!! "

Hahaha this made me laugh.. U put it in the bathroom bin for secret revenge on your poor mum for when she emptys it for not bringing u a Hoover!!!

By *luezuluMan
over a year ago

Suffolk

"Spiders put their willies in your mouth when you are asleep

not just spiders

"

No. But spiders are uninvited lol

over a year ago

not just spiders

No. But spiders are uninvited lol"

and get squished pmsl

By *arry247Couple
over a year ago

Wakefield

Spiders are territorial, now you will probably get quite a few more coming into the room trying to claim it as their territory

over a year ago

you can buy a spray called "spider stop", from most stores,spray it around the windows or wherever and they invade someone elses home instead...

over a year ago

.I have a big one on my ceiling right now.. my youngest daughter wants me to kill it but I will unless it comes near me leave it be "

We don't.....almost every fear is learned...my sister is a fanny and shit scared of them....so are her kids....my brother isn't...his kids aren't....we learn fear from how people in our environment react mostly.

over a year ago

Hereabouts

I have a cartoon thingy of that on my phone

over a year ago

Hereabouts

Cuddles please!!

Hahaha this made me laugh.. U put it in the bathroom bin for secret revenge on your poor mum for when she emptys it for not bringing u a Hoover!!!

"

I got in an argument with her about it when she let the spider escape. I called her a horrible person for laughing at me! So yeah, revenge is best served in plastic bags

By *izzy RascallMan
over a year ago

Cardiff

Zulu, good to see you.

Carry on

over a year ago

I learnt to love that women hated spiders.

I was 18 with a friendly 30 year old gorgeous neighbour that lived two doors away,she always stopped and chatted with me.

I had no idea that she wanted more than a chat until I was waiting at the bus stop in our farming village when she appeared telling me how she had spiders under cups and saucers and would I come with her to remove them as she was so scared they would escape lol

The rest is history that I fondly remember.

over a year ago

Spiders are fantastic little critters.

By *luezuluMan
over a year ago

Suffolk

Zulu, good to see you.

Carry on"

Dirty, how the devil are you, hope you're well

over a year ago

My young nephews left me a present in a box one day. The youngest gave it to me when I picked him up from nursery. I knew what it was by the holes in the ice cream container it was in. I pretended to eat it and threw it in the garden. He couldn't wait to tell his brothers

By *ig1gaz1Man
over a year ago

bradford

im kind enough to remove spiders from the said ladies houses as ive done it often even after hearing screams from next doors daughters as they have come and got us to do so

I have also chased them with spiders in my hand before now and threatened to do so often got told to * off

ive also had someone that I didnt know was really scared with them cowered in the corner and i backed off showing that i had released it out the window

the ones that pinch or cadge get a nice treat spider in cig packet

over a year ago

My eldest daughter had told me she can't move out because she'll have noone to deal with any spiders if she lives alone, thing is she's not kidding, her ridiculous reactions when she sees one is quite annoying

Quite like them myself

By *educedWoman
over a year ago

Birmingham

"Drop them in the deep fat fryer for a few seconds for a tasty snack!

Out of interest, who amongst the arachnaphobes, is scared of ladybirds, moths and the like?"

I don't mind a moth unless it one of those great big Bob Howlers. Ladybirds are fine until they take flight. That makes my heart jump in fright.

Post new Message to Thread