Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

vaginal piercings = genital mutilation

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

This is what Department of Health now says

How silly!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2999462/Women-vaginal-piercings-classed-having-suffered-female-genital-mutilation-says-Department-Health.html

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *eerobCouple
over a year ago

solihull

"This is what Department of Health now says

How silly!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2999462/Women-vaginal-piercings-classed-having-suffered-female-genital-mutilation-says-Department-Health.html"

Dont think suffered or mutilation is appropriate language unless it is forced on the recipient. Have they not more important things to concentrate on. Its as bad as all the time and money being wasted to find out why penguins waddle when they walk.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Actually it says piercings 'within an abusive context'.

So quite rightly, women who have been unwillingly pierced for chastity will be recorded as having had FGM.

over a year ago

"Actually it says piercings 'within an abusive context'.

So quite rightly, women who have been unwillingly pierced for chastity will be recorded as having had FGM."

Yes quite right there, but, it also says..

It means that even women who have consented to the piercing for cosmetic reasons will be deemed as a potential victim of crime.

So it even applies to them that have consented

over a year ago

So quite rightly, women who have been unwillingly pierced for chastity will be recorded as having had FGM.

It means that even women who have consented to the piercing for cosmetic reasons will be deemed as a potential victim of crime.

So it even applies to them that have consented "

No, that's what the Daily Mail says, not what the Department of Health says.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

So it even applies to them that have consented "

I think the word "potential" is the relevant one there.

over a year ago

"No, that's what the Daily Mail says, not what the Department of Health says."

Oh I can't see where it's just the daily mail saying it, I must be going blind

over a year ago

"No, that's what the Daily Mail says, not what the Department of Health says.

Oh I can't see where it's just the daily mail saying it, I must be going blind "

The sentence you've written is lifted straight from the Daily Mail article that I've just read, it's not shown as a quote from someone else therefore the Daily Mail reporter has written it.

over a year ago

I find this really shocking... Just how many people actually read the Daily Mail?

By *onesal20Couple
over a year ago

North East England

I am glad my wife had hers mutilated! 15 years later I think she needs to get the other side done though a she could fasten them together to stop them flapping in the wind!

By *opsy RogersWoman
over a year ago

London

Are there many women with pierced vaginas? I know a few who've had their labia, clitoris and hood done.

I wish 'they' would use the correct terms.

over a year ago

"I find this really shocking... Just how many people actually read the Daily Mail? "

Grrrrrrrrr

By *trawberry-popWoman
over a year ago

South East Midlands NOT

"Are there many women with pierced vaginas? I know a few who've had their labia, clitoris and hood done.

I wish 'they' would use the correct terms. "

Is the vagina not the word for the collective? If not, what is?

If it's just the actual vaginal canal then sure, I don't imagine that many women have internal piercings!

By *opsy RogersWoman
over a year ago

London

"Are there many women with pierced vaginas? I know a few who've had their labia, clitoris and hood done.

I wish 'they' would use the correct terms.

Is the vagina not the word for the collective? If not, what is?

If it's just the actual vaginal canal then sure, I don't imagine that many women have internal piercings! "

The collective is genitalia, vagina describes the internal structure and vulva the collective external. Within that there is labia minora and majora, clitoris, clitoral hood, introitus and perineum and even that's narrowing it down a bit.

By *arry247Couple
over a year ago

Wakefield

It seems many don't bother to read what has been written

"A Department of Health man said: 'While there are challenges in this area and adult women may have genital piercings, in some communities girls are forced to have them. The World Health Organisation has quite rightly defined this as a form of FGM.

'We are taking every precaution to record genital piercings that have been done within an abusive context."

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

I haven't read the whole thread but I had some training around FGM and often young girls are forced to have piercings without concent which is a form of abuse so I can understand the reasoning

Post new Message to Thread