Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Kayne West Headlining Glasto

Jump to newest

By *hyllyphylly OP   Man
over a year ago

Bradford

Should he be headlining Glastonbury?

As of right now on the patition site change.org, 23,671 think that they should "cancel Kanye West's headline slot and get a rock band."

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I am not a fan .

over a year ago

I love him!

over a year ago

It's glasto, kanye is not glasto music!!!!

over a year ago

I can't stand him!

over a year ago

Bottles of piss are already being readied.

jayzee was a big success despite everyone expecting him to bomb

over a year ago

"Should he be headlining Glastonbury?

As of right now on the patition site change.org, 23,671 think that they should "cancel Kanye West's headline slot and get a rock band."

"

Kanye west is just a joke all together he can't rap or sing! Ok his first album was ok but it's all commercial rubbish now and defo not the right person to headline Glastonbury or any other festival

By *entaur_UKMan
over a year ago

Cannock

Noel Gallagher will not be happy, he flipped when Jay-Z headlined glasto, lol. I'd probably go to catch a glimpse of Kim Kardashians ass though, she's bound to be there with Kanye.

over a year ago

"Noel Gallagher will not be happy, he flipped when Jay-Z headlined glasto, lol. I'd probably go to catch a glimpse of Kim Kardashians ass though, she's bound to be there with Kanye. "

Yes her and her kid in matching see through outfits

By *entaur_UKMan
over a year ago

Cannock

"Noel Gallagher will not be happy, he flipped when Jay-Z headlined glasto, lol. I'd probably go to catch a glimpse of Kim Kardashians ass though, she's bound to be there with Kanye.

Yes her and her kid in matching see through outfits "

Only interested in seeing Kim's butt, not her kid, or Kanye West either.

over a year ago

It's Glasto you could have the chuckle brothers headlining and 200,000 wouldn't care, in fact after kasabian Barry and Paul don't sound such a bad idea.

By *educedWoman
over a year ago

Birmingham

I am considering rescinding my pledge to Oxfam (and the £220 deposit I paid) and not volunteering at this years event.

I am not usually so intolerant but...

I just can't stand him!

over a year ago

First 2 albums were something else, then he started to believe his own hype....

over a year ago

I'd like to see Oasis reform and headline.

Fucking unlikely though.

By *educedWoman
over a year ago

Birmingham

"I'd like to see Oasis reform and headline.

Fucking unlikely though. "

Noel's High Flying Birds would be a great consolation though?

over a year ago

"Noel Gallagher will not be happy, he flipped when Jay-Z headlined glasto, lol. I'd probably go to catch a glimpse of Kim Kardashians ass though, she's bound to be there with Kanye.

Only interested in seeing Kim's butt, not her kid, or Kanye West either. "

over a year ago

Fucking unlikely though.

Noel's High Flying Birds would be a great consolation though? "

No that's shit.

over a year ago

I think he should be known by his Native African name....

Manzacunt

By *carineMan
over a year ago

Armthorpe, Doncaster

The show will be epic, and the green-eyed dinosaur rockers and their lice will just have to stick to masturbating at Knebworth.

By *arnayguyMan
over a year ago

Durham Tees

I hope every single member of the audience, 100,000 plus or whatever it is, show him the artistic respect he deserves and storm the fucking stage. The man's a fucking cock.

I'm so fucking sick of the repellant shite him and his odious wife pedal, It's so unavoidable, every where you look, every fucking day of the week.

over a year ago

i can see him getting bottled off the stage tbh...bringing his massiah complex crashing down to earth...

By *educedWoman
over a year ago

Birmingham

Fucking unlikely though.

Noel's High Flying Birds would be a great consolation though?

No that's shit. "

Blah!

over a year ago

"i can see him getting bottled off the stage tbh...bringing his massiah complex crashing down to earth..."

Unfortunately, you'd do well to reach the stage, the pit's that big!

over a year ago

RIP glasto.

kanye is not a great choice!

over a year ago

Yes her and her kid in matching see through outfits "

Doubt she would even want to take her child away from the nanny and out with her and if she did, she'd forget she had and leave her behind...again

By *exWithThePrettyCouple
over a year ago

Ilford

Not being aware of Mr West until he crashed the stage at the brits suggesting Beck hand his award to someone less deserving of it, and never having heard an iota of West output, l can truthfully assert that Beck has more talent in his little finger than West could possibly hope to attain even if he lived to be 150 years old.

over a year ago

Poor poor choice. No progression for the festival. Personally thought the prodigy would be a major step up this year. Along with bands such as royal blood etc. For me the underground rock scene is becoming a huge thing now and its taking festivals by storm. Just look at Leeds festival this year, under metallica there are some great bands and some British. Time for the UK scene to boom

By *unkydesignCouple
over a year ago

Manchester

I don't understand what all the fuss is about. Personally I can't stand him or his music either but the fact is that there are dozens of stages at Glasto. Go to another stage and watch somebody you like instead of Kanye, it's that simple. There's more to life than the Pyramid Stage.

By *isty286Couple
over a year ago

Dorset

"i can see him getting bottled off the stage tbh...bringing his massiah complex crashing down to earth..."

This would be funny to watch, might bring him and his chunky butt wife down a peg or two .. talentless springs to mind.

By *ov_23Man
over a year ago

Coventry

Well it looks like I'm in the minority here, but in answer to the OP, yes.

First of all, in reaction to the actual petition itself, what makes people think that it will actually make a difference? It's not like Kanye West has become such a divisive figure overnight! The Eavis's aren't so out of touch that they didn't know that booking him would be so controversial, they know what he's about, they know what to expect(ish), yet they still booked him.

Second of all, nobody is being forced to go and watch him on the pyramid, there are TONNES of other places to be at glasto to have a good time. It'll be 2 hours out of 5 days, on 1 stage out of over 50, 1 act out of 100s, quite simple really, find something/somewhere else to do/be for those 2 hours.

I'm genuinely surprised about how riled up people are getting about him being booked! Especially considering that glastonbury is one of the most diverse festivals in the uk. It's not like getting Coldplay to headline Download or Britney Spears to headline Reading! Why shouldn't one of the best/most popular rappers of the last 5-10 years headline! Jay-z did it. Yes, he says a hell of a lot of sh*t but he's not the only one. I'm sure the gallaghers have come out with a lot a crap, saying oasis best band in world etc. It's not just Kanye who's an arrogant musician/artist.

You might not like him, you might not like his music(loads of people do, he's definitely big enough to headline) (each to their own, music taste will always divide) but the animosity towards him being booked is just plain weird!

If you feel like he's everywhere and you've had enough of him, I suggest that next time you see him mentioned, take a deep breath.................and just scroll past it people get wound up wayyyyy too easily online, everyone just needs to relaaxx (I guess that's me right now )

I'm not saying that it's going to happen but if people do actually bottle him, then they're just as bad as he "supposedly" is. And if people go to see him just to do that or to boo, then that is just sad. It says more about the people doing it then it does about him.

In regards to his music, some people saying that he has become too commercial, really?? His image maybe, but music wise I've no idea how Yeezus could be seen as commercial, even most of Twisted Dark Fantasy is far from commercial, and what about All Day? Arguably, his most commercial stuff came from his first three/four albums.

RIP glasto, really? One single act is going to cause so much damage to the biggest festival in the uk maybe even the world? A festival that nearly (probably over) a million people register for, with only 150000 tickets available, where most people who actually go regularly hardly ever return just because of the line up but because of the place and the festival itself!

No progression? If you're having the same types of acts playing year in year out, how is that progression? How many times have The Prodigy already played glastonbury? This is progression!

The line up hasn't even been announced yet! Who's saying that it won't be full of great British acts? Plus there is still one more headliner to be announced...

And going back to the petition, the guy who started it hasn't even been to glastonbury before, yet he's demandig change!? It really is just quite petty, there are loads more important things to be campaigning for.

Rant over. just thought that there needed to be some more pro Kanye points instead of all the negativity I could probably say more but I think I've said enough for now

over a year ago

"Well it looks like I'm in the minority here, but in answer to the OP, yes.

First of all, in reaction to the actual petition itself, what makes people think that it will actually make a difference? It's not like Kanye West has become such a divisive figure overnight! The Eavis's aren't so out of touch that they didn't know that booking him would be so controversial, they know what he's about, they know what to expect(ish), yet they still booked him.

Second of all, nobody is being forced to go and watch him on the pyramid, there are TONNES of other places to be at glasto to have a good time. It'll be 2 hours out of 5 days, on 1 stage out of over 50, 1 act out of 100s, quite simple really, find something/somewhere else to do/be for those 2 hours.

I'm genuinely surprised about how riled up people are getting about him being booked! Especially considering that glastonbury is one of the most diverse festivals in the uk. It's not like getting Coldplay to headline Download or Britney Spears to headline Reading! Why shouldn't one of the best/most popular rappers of the last 5-10 years headline! Jay-z did it. Yes, he says a hell of a lot of sh*t but he's not the only one. I'm sure the gallaghers have come out with a lot a crap, saying oasis best band in world etc. It's not just Kanye who's an arrogant musician/artist.

You might not like him, you might not like his music(loads of people do, he's definitely big enough to headline) (each to their own, music taste will always divide) but the animosity towards him being booked is just plain weird!

If you feel like he's everywhere and you've had enough of him, I suggest that next time you see him mentioned, take a deep breath.................and just scroll past it people get wound up wayyyyy too easily online, everyone just needs to relaaxx (I guess that's me right now )

I'm not saying that it's going to happen but if people do actually bottle him, then they're just as bad as he "supposedly" is. And if people go to see him just to do that or to boo, then that is just sad. It says more about the people doing it then it does about him.

In regards to his music, some people saying that he has become too commercial, really?? His image maybe, but music wise I've no idea how Yeezus could be seen as commercial, even most of Twisted Dark Fantasy is far from commercial, and what about All Day? Arguably, his most commercial stuff came from his first three/four albums.

RIP glasto, really? One single act is going to cause so much damage to the biggest festival in the uk maybe even the world? A festival that nearly (probably over) a million people register for, with only 150000 tickets available, where most people who actually go regularly hardly ever return just because of the line up but because of the place and the festival itself!

No progression? If you're having the same types of acts playing year in year out, how is that progression? How many times have The Prodigy already played glastonbury? This is progression!

The line up hasn't even been announced yet! Who's saying that it won't be full of great British acts? Plus there is still one more headliner to be announced...

And going back to the petition, the guy who started it hasn't even been to glastonbury before, yet he's demandig change!? It really is just quite petty, there are loads more important things to be campaigning for.

Rant over. just thought that there needed to be some more pro Kanye points instead of all the negativity I could probably say more but I think I've said enough for now "

Absolutely bang on. Brilliant post !

By *unkydesignCouple
over a year ago

Manchester

Rant over. just thought that there needed to be some more pro Kanye points instead of all the negativity I could probably say more but I think I've said enough for now

Absolutely bang on. Brilliant post ! "

I second that...

over a year ago

"I don't understand what all the fuss is about. Personally I can't stand him or his music either but the fact is that there are dozens of stages at Glasto. Go to another stage and watch somebody you like instead of Kanye, it's that simple. There's more to life than the Pyramid Stage."

This x1000. Just because you don't like something doesn't mean it's not worthy, people need to get over themselves.

over a year ago

I'm not going to glasto this year and when I saw Kanye was appearing I utterly regret it. He will give an amazing stage show. He says daft things and attracts a lot of attention but his music is great. I don't have to like the person to enjoy the music, all day, all day.

over a year ago

"It's Glasto you could have the chuckle brothers headlining and 200,000 wouldn't care, in fact after kasabian Barry and Paul don't sound such a bad idea."

You are joking? Kasabian were brilliant, possibly the best headline act over the past few years.

As for Kanye, he puts on a visually good show, but not sure his music will stand up to scrutiny, but let's judge him on the performance.

over a year ago

"I don't understand what all the fuss is about. Personally I can't stand him or his music either but the fact is that there are dozens of stages at Glasto. Go to another stage and watch somebody you like instead of Kanye, it's that simple. There's more to life than the Pyramid Stage.

This x1000. Just because you don't like something doesn't mean it's not worthy, people need to get over themselves. "

over a year ago

I'm not a fan but he is one of the biggest acts on the planet, his shows are meant to be amazing and don't forget Jay-Z blew everyone away. As ever the Prod clan are decamping to Glasto and the kids and I will be at the main stage on Saturday night.

over a year ago

this is why Glastonbury is going down the tubes and festivals like sonisphere spendour Leeds reading download and bloodstock will always be more popular these days and will only get stronger

R.i.p to a once great and powerful festival where bands like radiohead once headlined

over a year ago

Glastonbury in "booking a Saturday headliner that suits the TV coverage more than paying fans" shocker

over a year ago

News flash: Glastonbury's always been shit, now it's just a different kind of shit.

over a year ago

To be honest I find the reaction hilarious. It's a quarter of a century since I first went, 3 yeaes since I was last there. And invariably those people who are bothered about main stage headliners are tge dullest type of festival goer who experience little of tge festival

over a year ago

Yeah I knew reactions was gonna be mixed because people that go to glasto wouldnt be fans of hip hop more like hozier, the black keys and all that english music but if you see him it'll be like an experience and he has an album that'll be released this month so he'll be performing new songs

By *ust_for_laughsCouple
over a year ago

Hinckley

"this is why Glastonbury is going down the tubes and festivals like sonisphere spendour Leeds reading download and bloodstock will always be more popular these days and will only get stronger

R.i.p to a once great and powerful festival where bands like radiohead once headlined"

Whilst I'm not happy about then booking Kanye West and I'll be elsewhere on the night; that's a ridiculous statement!

Bloodstock is a niche festival and very good but won't grow much beyond its current confines unless it becomes more diverse, which by it's very nature, it can't really.

Sonosphere has been cancelled twice, and is already a dead duck.

Download will always be popular but is as commercial as any other festival these days.

Reading and Leeds cater to a completely different demographic...I never feel that it's likely to kick off at any minute at Glastonbury, whereas that atmosphere hangs in the air constantly at Reading!

Splendour is pretty much a boutique festival and we'll probably remain so.

As for Glastonbury being the once great festival that Radiohead headlined, so did Level 42!

By *unkydesignCouple
over a year ago

Manchester

No doubt there were people twenty years ago bemoaning the fact that Radiohead were headlining and not some act that headlined 20 years previously like Blood, Sweat & Tears or whatever.

over a year ago

Glad we didn't get tickets this year. Chavstonbury 2015.

over a year ago

Ah!! The further demise of Glastonbury.

over a year ago

"Glad we didn't get tickets this year. Chavstonbury 2015."

Really? Judging people based on their music taste? Didn't realise I was back at school.

over a year ago

He isn't my cup of tea, but never is Jay Z and he was great. I saw Kanye west at the V festival a few years ago and he was shocking, most people left...... As for the previous comments regarding the British rock scene, Royal Blood are great, I saw them last week however they don't have the amount of songs needed to headline any festival yet, let alone a worldwide event like Glastonbury.

over a year ago

We saw Kanye at the Brit awards and he wasn't our thing , but everyone has their taste . To say a festival is dead because he has been booked is ridiculous.

he is one of the biggest stars around and his shows are definately different .

We are going to 7 festivals this year and every one of them has been slated by people wanting to see their favourite band . And as festival regulars everyone is generally too pissed to care by the time the headline act comes on

over a year ago

Only interested in seeing Kim's butt, not her kid, or Kanye West either. "

What ya going to do to the big fat butt

over a year ago

The best thing about festivals is if there is one artist you don't like, go see someone else. I quite like Kanye West he is a talking point and musically he tries to be different. Which is what Glastonbury is about. I love the BBC coverage where I can record everything then watch what I want.

over a year ago

"Glad we didn't get tickets this year. Chavstonbury 2015.

Really? Judging people based on their music taste? Didn't realise I was back at school. "

perhaps that didn't come across very well as that wasn't what I meant but like everything on here my comment is open to interpretation. I don't judge anyone on their music taste. I happen to have an eclectic taste myself. I was more referring to how Glasto is becoming more commercialised and not having the same vibe as it used to. Having been many times before,in my opinion (which I am entitled to) it just seems to be evolving into the main stream "in thing to do". That is fine and fair enough I may have offended some by saying so. Point taken and I'm not ashamed to admit when I'm in the wrong so sorry if anyone is offended or disagrees with my own personal view. I still think it has changed and doesn't have the same chilled out vibe of old. I guess everything moves with the times though.

over a year ago

going off the Brits ,im gonna have to flame proof me tent

over a year ago

"going off the Brits ,im gonna have to flame proof me tent "

The heat from those things spread across the whole arena .

By *ust_for_laughsCouple
over a year ago

Hinckley

I just can't believe that The Levellers haven't been confirmed as headliners at ant festivals we're going to this year yet! It'll be the first time in years that it's happened if they don't

By *ust_for_laughsCouple
over a year ago

Hinckley

" And as festival regulars everyone is generally too pissed to care by the time the headline act comes on "

Aye, missed The Rolling Stones due to a gross miscalculation of the amount of booze I'd sank during Elvis Costello and Primal Scream a couple of years ago...didn't miss much mind, by the looks of it!

over a year ago

Rant over. just thought that there needed to be some more pro Kanye points instead of all the negativity I could probably say more but I think I've said enough for now "

Enuff said.

over a year ago

"I just can't believe that The Levellers haven't been confirmed as headliners at ant festivals we're going to this year yet! It'll be the first time in years that it's happened if they don't "

Are they not doing beautiful days this year ?

By *ust_for_laughsCouple
over a year ago

Hinckley

"I just can't believe that The Levellers haven't been confirmed as headliners at ant festivals we're going to this year yet! It'll be the first time in years that it's happened if they don't

Are they not doing beautiful days this year ?"

Of course they are but we're not going to that

over a year ago

Which ones are you going to ? We are going to v fest, T in the park, park life , Bennicassim, Sziget, Glastonbudget and FAke Fest. Well that's the ones we have paid for already lol . Hopefully might be going to Swingfest if it doesnt clash too.

By *ust_for_laughsCouple
over a year ago

Hinckley

"Which ones are you going to ? We are going to v fest, T in the park, park life , Bennicassim, Sziget, Glastonbudget and FAke Fest. Well that's the ones we have paid for already lol . Hopefully might be going to Swingfest if it doesnt clash too. "

Glastonbury, Camp Bestival, Wychwood and 2000 Trees so far.

over a year ago

We were too late for Glastonbury tickets. But we will check the black market nearer the time .

over a year ago

"Glad we didn't get tickets this year. Chavstonbury 2015.

Really? Judging people based on their music taste? Didn't realise I was back at school. perhaps that didn't come across very well as that wasn't what I meant but like everything on here my comment is open to interpretation. I don't judge anyone on their music taste. I happen to have an eclectic taste myself. I was more referring to how Glasto is becoming more commercialised and not having the same vibe as it used to. Having been many times before,in my opinion (which I am entitled to) it just seems to be evolving into the main stream "in thing to do". That is fine and fair enough I may have offended some by saying so. Point taken and I'm not ashamed to admit when I'm in the wrong so sorry if anyone is offended or disagrees with my own personal view. I still think it has changed and doesn't have the same chilled out vibe of old. I guess everything moves with the times though. "

Green man has much of the pre Emily Eavis feel about it, then there's Shambala but that one feel just a bit too try hard.

over a year ago

Who gives a crap who's headlining.....there are about a million other things to do other than stand at the main stage....

over a year ago

50 cents

over a year ago

Fucking unlikely though.

This

over a year ago

"50 cents "

He's called 38 pence over here....its the exchange rate see?

over a year ago

I like kayne west. Live hes awesome

over a year ago

"50 cents

He's called 38 pence over here....its the exchange rate see? "

Yes fun one and I recon its the exchange rate too lol

over a year ago

Is the controversy not because of lyrics in his new song?

over a year ago

"Glad we didn't get tickets this year. Chavstonbury 2015."
I've been feeling bad about this comment all day.

By *MaleMan
over a year ago

He's not Glasto for me. Something is taking over Galsto and gonna kill it

By *iss_Samantha_LovecockTV/TS
over a year ago

bmth /poole sometimes blandford

i used to love glastonbury in the late 70s and 80s started to go a bit downhill in the 90s and really is shit nowadays and hes a massive twat ..

By *entaur_UKMan
over a year ago

Cannock

"He's not Glasto for me. Something is taking over Galsto and gonna kill it "

Its the illuminati, Jay-Z and Kanye West are in it.

over a year ago

"Glad we didn't get tickets this year. Chavstonbury 2015. I've been feeling bad about this comment all day. "

Yes - it was very naughty!

You're a cool couple so off the naughty step now and back onto the forum playrooms

over a year ago

The first year I went was when they stopped letting the travellers in. Apparently that was going to be the death of it. Now it has 3 or 4 times the capacity and sells out in an hour. Whether the changes are for the best or not is debatable but people saying that Glastonbury is dying (or similar) really make me laugh.

over a year ago

"Is the controversy not because of lyrics in his new song?"

Nah the controversy is because he isn't white and playing a guitar and making dull insipid uninspiring music.

over a year ago

"Who gives a crap who's headlining.....there are about a million other things to do other than stand at the main stage...."

Quite right. I didn't want to see Mettalica and I didn't want to see the Stones. There were plenty of other acts to see. I didn't want to see Dolly, but ended up doing so, but got to say she was bloody brilliant. See, it's all about the variety.

over a year ago

"Who gives a crap who's headlining.....there are about a million other things to do other than stand at the main stage...."

over a year ago

He's got a face I'd never get bored of punching

over a year ago

I didn't realise he was a pop singer until recently. Completely passed me by. Still haven't heard one of his songs. Can't say I want to either.

over a year ago

"Is the controversy not because of lyrics in his new song?

Nah the controversy is because he isn't white and playing a guitar and making dull insipid uninspiring music. "

and here's me thinking it's cos he's calling people a spas, silly me!

By *ust_for_laughsCouple
over a year ago

Hinckley

"We were too late for Glastonbury tickets. But we will check the black market nearer the time ."

Do you have to find your doppelganger who has tickets to sell? They wouldn't let our daughter in last year until she took her glasses off as her photo looked nothing like her!

By *mmabluTV/TS
over a year ago

upton wirral

"It's glasto, kanye is not glasto music!!!!"

By *oward1978Man
over a year ago

Rotherham

"I am not a fan ."

I couldn't even name you one of his tunes. I barely know who he is to be honest. Am I missing anything special here?!

By *ust_for_laughsCouple
over a year ago

Hinckley

"It's glasto, kanye is not glasto music!!!! "

What's 'Glasto music', I've seen everything from Patagonian nose-flute players to art-rock bollocks and everything in between over the years.

I don't want to see Kanye West but I'm fairly certain there'll be something on I do want to see...Hot Chip are awaiting confirmation and they'd be a great alternative on The Other Stage, for starters. Fuck, even Motorhead are a strong rumour and they're not 'Glasto music' either!

over a year ago

"The show will be epic, and the green-eyed dinosaur rockers and their lice will just have to stick to masturbating at Knebworth. "

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

I'm not a Kanye fan, I'd rather eat my own shit than attend Glastonbury, but for your eloquent post.

Personally I'd simply have said: get a life people!

over a year ago

The headline act of any festival is the main event and i guess a lot of people arent happy that Kanye is that, however there is still a mass of other acts, bands etc to see so if you cant find something else to do for 2 hrs out of 4/5days worth of music then that says a lot to be honest !

Not a fan myself but pretty sure i wouldnt cancel my ticket just for that !

We arent going this year but going to Isle of Wight and 200 tree's, Isle of Wight has an amazing line up and still havent announced the headline for sat, and 200 trees is a great little festival which we thoroughly enjoyed last year

over a year ago

"The headline act of any festival is the main event and i guess a lot of people arent happy that Kanye is that, however there is still a mass of other acts, bands etc to see so if you cant find something else to do for 2 hrs out of 4/5days worth of music then that says a lot to be honest !

Not a fan myself but pretty sure i wouldnt cancel my ticket just for that !

We arent going this year but going to Isle of Wight and 200 tree's, Isle of Wight has an amazing line up and still havent announced the headline for sat, and 200 trees is a great little festival which we thoroughly enjoyed last year "

That would be 2000 trees lol sorry not enough coffee yet lol

over a year ago

Now if you said Ed or Sam smith I would be going . xx

By *lshere77Man
over a year ago

Wigan

KW?........jumped up, talentless, self important, over hyped bag of shite. Nuff said.

over a year ago

"Glad we didn't get tickets this year. Chavstonbury 2015. I've been feeling bad about this comment all day.

Yes - it was very naughty!

You're a cool couple so off the naughty step now and back onto the forum playrooms "

By *oe bloggs69Man
over a year ago

fife

He's a fud who makes fud music..fud in glasto mud,I heard ppl were saving their piss to launch at him,I'm not an advocate of that kind o thing but I've got bottles o the stuff!!

By *layfull pairingCouple
over a year ago

Bristol

No...nope....just no ! be better off having the Wurzels headline.... D*unken choruses of "drink up thee cider" till the early hours....

By *ickjones993Man
over a year ago

heathrow

loads of different music all over glasto ! mind you havent been since 1998 !

over a year ago

"

Who's kayne west, if it's not rock... It's not really music

over a year ago

"

ad infinitum.

over a year ago

Nah the controversy is because he isn't white and playing a guitar and making dull insipid uninspiring music. "

To be fair, his music is dull insipid and uninspiring to. Get RATM on!!!

over a year ago

I'm working a shift Saturday night so it doesn't matter. Get to see the mighty foo instead

over a year ago

The fact that you guys can't stand him tells me you spend too much time on these celebrities. If you don't like his music that's fine

By *rigidhippieMan
over a year ago

York

I'm on a freebie this year, first time I've been since the deluge of '98.

Since Emily eavis took over the bands have been suspect...

But head up the green field and sus out some cool stuff to do.

I remember the early eighties, travellers , anarcho punk,acid ,Glastonbury was great.......

Now...

A right of passage for middle class kids with daddy's credit card

Not really looking forward to it.

over a year ago

Music snobs can be such a bore. It's a pop festival , he's a pop star, I can't see the problem.

over a year ago

"Music snobs can be such a bore. It's a pop festival , he's a pop star, I can't see the problem. "

There are numerous other acts all over the festival if you don't want to watch him. Really struggle to understand why people get so uptight about these things. The great thing about music is its diversity, and there is plenty of that on offer at Glasto.

over a year ago

Apparently the petition has reached 60'000 signatures now !

over a year ago

"Apparently the petition has reached 60'000 signatures now ! "

And probably 59,999 of them have never even heard of Glastonbury before, let alone been, just jumping on a social media band wagon

over a year ago

"Apparently the petition has reached 60'000 signatures now !

And probably 59,999 of them have never even heard of Glastonbury before, let alone been, just jumping on a social media band wagon "

The fella who started the petition has apparently never been.

over a year ago

T.Rex (replaced The Kinks)

David Bowie Pink Floyd billed, but cancelled.

Tim Blake · Peter Gabriel

Hawkwind · New Order

Van Morrison · Jackson Browne U2 billed, but cancelled.

Curtis Mayfield · UB40

The Smiths · Weather Report · Black Uhuru

Elvis Costello, The Waterboys

Echo & The Bunnymen · Joe Cocker · The Boomtown Rats

The Style Council

The Cure · Psychedelic Furs · Level 42

Simply Red, Madness

Elvis Costello · Van Morrison · The Communards

New Order

Elvis Costello · Van Morrison · Suzanne Vega

Pixies

The Cure · Happy Mondays · Sinéad O'Connor

Archaos

Carter USM · Shakespear's Sister · Youssou N'Dour

Lou Reed, Blur, Primal Scream, Morrissey billed, but cancelled.

The Black Crowes · Christy Moore · Lenny Kravitz (replaced Red Hot Chili Peppers) The Velvet Underground, Primal Scream

The Levellers · Elvis Costello · Peter Gabriel

Johnny Cash, Rage Against the Machine, Björk, Radiohead, Blur, Oasis, Pulp, Saint Etienne

Oasis · Pulp (replaced The Stone Roses) · The Cure

Jeff Buckley, The Prodigy, The Black Crowes, PJ Harvey

Radiohead · The Prodigy · Ash (replaced Steve Winwood)

The Smashing Pumpkins, Sting, Neil Young billed, but cancelled.

Primal Scream · Blur · Pulp

Bob Dylan, Robbie Williams, Foo Fighters, Tony Bennett, Tori Amos R.E.M. · Manic Street Preachers · Skunk Anansie[154] Coldplay, Muse, Ash, Blondie

David Bowie · Travis · The Chemical Brothers[155] Muse, Coldplay, Cypress Hill

Coldplay · Rod Stewart · Stereophonics

The White Stripes, Roger Waters, Isaac Hayes, Garbage (band)

R.E.M. · Radiohead · Moby Manic Street Preachers, The Flaming Lips, Yes, Primal ScreaM

Paul McCartney · Oasis · Muse James Brown, Kings Of Leon, Morrissey

The White Stripes · Coldplay · Basement Jaxx (replaced Kylie Minogue)

The Killers, New Order, Primal Scream, Elvis Costello, Brian Wilson

Arctic Monkeys · The Killers · The Who Adele, Arcade Fire, Arcadia Spectacular, Shirley Bassey, Björk, The Kooks, Amy Winehouse

Kings Of Leon · Jay-Z · The Verve Leonard Cohen, Neil Diamond, Amy Winehouse

Neil Young · Bruce Springsteen · Blur Pendulum, The Prodigy, The Specials, Lady Gaga, The Black Eyed Peas, Crosby, Stills & Nash

Gorillaz (replaced U2) · Muse · Stevie Wonder[159] Shakira, The Flaming Lips, Jackson Browne, Ray Davies, Radiohead's Thom Yorke (secret show, being joined near the end of the set by bandmate Jonny Greenwood) U2 · Coldplay · Beyoncé B.B. King, Morrissey, Paul Simon, Wu-Tang Clan, Radiohead (secret show), Pulp (secret show), Primal Scream

Arctic Monkeys · The Rolling Stones · Mumford & Sons Dizzee Rascal, Ben Howard, Jake Bugg, Sir Bruce Forsyth, Primal Scream, Vampire Weekend, The Vaccines, Kenny Rogers, Beady Eye, Tame Impala, Skrillex (secret show)

Arcade Fire · Metallica · Kasabian Lily Allen, Arcadia Spectacular, The Black Keys, Blondie, Jake Bugg, Elbow, Dolly Parton, Goldfrapp, Imagine Dragons, Manic Street Preachers, Massive Attack, M.I.A., Pixies, Robert Plant, Lana Del Rey, Skrillex, Jack White Foo Fighters · Kanye West[160] Lionel Richie

Some very very good bands and artists in that lot. Kanye shouldn't be in with them. It's become a victim of it's own success. Another few years there will be machine gun nests to keep the crusties out. I'd sooner go to Reading. At least you can easily walk into town and go to a pub or a cafe if it's pissing it down. You might even find a toilet thats fit for humans.

over a year ago

Hip Hop was never represented very well at Glastonbury, but I think that was down to the artists and the organisers not seeing the two as compatible. It would have been great to see the real Old school hip hop artists there. And I'm talking electro as well.

over a year ago

*Some very very good bands and artists in that lot. Kanye shouldn't be in with them. *

Why not? Hugely successful, innovative, puts on a great show. Not everyone's cup of tea for sure, but why shouldn't he be able to perform when invited?

over a year ago

Kanye SHOULD headline.

Why, because its the Eavus families land and festival.

If they ask him to headline and he accepts, none if us have the right to complain. Whatvwe should do is not buy a ticket and not watch the performance.

Glastonbury is all about variey in music. Why should it be forever rock bands that play glastonbury?

If in factvthis was the case, it would be a 1 day festival as at the moment there is so few CURRENT rock bands about of quality.

I have seen Kabye west live and he does put in a great performance.

Like most people i think he is a bit of a twat.

That doesnt matter.

Dont buy a ticket or dont watch the performance simple.

By *ust_for_laughsCouple
over a year ago

Hinckley

"*Some very very good bands and artists in that lot. Kanye shouldn't be in with them. *

Why not? Hugely successful, innovative, puts on a great show. Not everyone's cup of tea for sure, but why shouldn't he be able to perform when invited? "

There was a ton of fuss when a lot of those bands headlined too but no whiney change.org online petitions for the lazy masses to voice their 'disapproval'!

Jesus, it was the same with Metallica last great, and Beyonce, and Kylie!

I've seen bands that I thought would be shite turn out to be brilliant and bands that I thought would be great turn out to be shite (Arctic Monkeys and Gorillaz, I'm looking at you now!)

By *ust_for_laughsCouple
over a year ago

Hinckley

Year, not great...fucking phone!

over a year ago

"*Some very very good bands and artists in that lot. Kanye shouldn't be in with them. *

Why not? Hugely successful, innovative, puts on a great show. Not everyone's cup of tea for sure, but why shouldn't he be able to perform when invited? "

Why not? Because he's shit!

By *ere-for-my-convenienceWoman
over a year ago

West Midlands

I'm certain not a fan

over a year ago

"Kanye SHOULD headline.

Why, because its the Eavus families land and festival.

If they ask him to headline and he accepts, none if us have the right to complain. Whatvwe should do is not buy a ticket and not watch the performance.

Glastonbury is all about variey in music. Why should it be forever rock bands that play glastonbury?

If in factvthis was the case, it would be a 1 day festival as at the moment there is so few CURRENT rock bands about of quality.

I have seen Kabye west live and he does put in a great performance.

Like most people i think he is a bit of a twat.

That doesnt matter.

Dont buy a ticket or dont watch the performance simple.

"

I don't have the RIGHT to complain? Why? I'm complaining because it's putting crap acts on (and the fact that the ticket price has doubled in less than ten years - it was £1 in 1970!) that puts me off, so I complain. I'm all for variety in the music that is played there, that's what it's always been about. I just think there are better acts to put on. It's pandering to sleb culture. No doubt Hello magazine will be given exclusive backstage passes to ensure they get all the best pics of his wifes ridiculous backside. I haven't seen him perform live, in the flesh, but I have seen video footage of him performing live. I wasn't impressed.

Few CURRENT rock bands about? What does that even mean? You don't have to be "current" to play at Glastonbury. That (was) the beauty of it.

By *exWithThePrettyCouple
over a year ago

Ilford

There's plenty of that about, to be fair.

By *ov_23Man
over a year ago

Coventry

http://www.theguardian.com/music/2015/mar/20/emily-eavis-on-kanye-at-glastonbury-we-have-got-one-of-the-greatest-artists-of-his-generation-headlining

Statement from Emily Eavis

over a year ago

Fucking unlikely though.

that's would be amazing went to see him last week in London incredible and a future glastonbury headliner for sure

Post new Message to Thread