Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

jeremy clarkson

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

how can the bbc stop showing the top gear programm after all we pay the wages for them it should be up to us wether we watch or not lobby for not paying the bloody tv licence

(closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

What about the licence payers who think Top Gear shouldn't be shown?

Reply privately

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

They should show it and does who don't like it, put on another channel lol

Reply privately

over a year ago

Ohh we can feel a mass-debate coming on here!!!

Reply privately

over a year ago

"They should show it and does who don't like it, put on another channel lol "

Seconded Shag

Reply privately

over a year ago

Your threads about Clarkson isn't it, not Top Gear. They can still show the programme without that tw*t. If people think it won't be the same, then they're watching it purely for HIM, in which case, take it off and spend the money on something else

Reply privately

over a year ago

"They should show it and does who don't like it, put on another channel lol

Seconded Shag "

Yes good one on lol

Reply privately

over a year ago

Only mugs pay a fee to the BBC European law says it is illegal to make people pay it but because people think they have to have one they do . I have never and will never fund the BBC government propergander channel

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Your threads about Clarkson isn't it, not Top Gear. They can still show the programme without that tw*t. If people think it won't be the same, then they're watching it purely for HIM, in which case, take it off and spend the money on something else"

I love Jezza, he's great entertainment ...I don't think you have a sense of humour

Reply privately

By *eMontresMan
over a year ago

Halesowen

Why should it only be female deer who have to change channels?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Very well said

Reply privately

By *igax2001Man
over a year ago

midlands

Clarkson owned one third of the top gear brand and he has stopped them broadcasting it !!

Reply privately

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

But as I said what if more people don't want it than do?

Reply privately

By *unloversCouple
over a year ago

rotherham

Ive heard from he is hosting a different show

Reply privately

over a year ago

Why should it only be female deer who have to change channels?"

Not sure, but let the hubby do it this time.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Very well said "

Thanks

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

Yes not sure what then, maibe put it on dave channel or bbc3, might be good.

Reply privately

By *ouble CCouple
over a year ago

Gran Canaria

"What about the licence payers who think Top Gear shouldn't be shown?"

Reply privately

By *ichaelangelaCouple
over a year ago

notts

"Clarkson owned one third of the top gear brand and he has stopped them broadcasting it !!"

I understand he sold his share of the show to the bbc, £8m I think he got

Reply privately

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 17/03/15 19:14:43]

Reply privately

over a year ago

"how can the bbc stop showing the top gear programm after all we pay the wages for them it should be up to us wether we watch or not lobby for not paying the bloody tv licence"

Good idea.

Clarkson has been the victim of a witch-hunt by the BBC (not THAT BBC...lol) and is probably the most entertaining man on telly...despite himself.

The remaining episodes in the current series should be immediately reinstated on the tv schedules.

It's a great programme, entertaining and funny, and should be left alone by the leftie PC brigade (who themselves are a complete waste of good skin).

BRING BACK TOP GEAR, and LEAVE CLARKSON TO GO ON BEING CLARKSON.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Clarkson owned one third of the top gear brand and he has stopped them broadcasting it !!

I understand he sold his share of the show to the bbc, £8m I think he got"

Yes, funded by the viewing public, sold to a d*ickhead

Reply privately

By *emmdaveMan
over a year ago

Kent

Look at the column inches it's getting. He is suspended, they film the studio bits during the week to link all the features who I h are shot up to 6 months in advance. If they show the programme Clarkson would have to be on the show in the pre recorded features even if someone stood in and that would be inappropriate as he is under investigation for the alleged offence.

Conspiracy theorists would suggest that as all their contracts are up for renewal that this is a way of getting out of a watertight BBC contract for the rights to the programme that would allow them to take the concept to a commercial channel. Allegedly !!

Reply privately

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"how can the bbc stop showing the top gear programm after all we pay the wages for them it should be up to us wether we watch or not lobby for not paying the bloody tv licence

Good idea.

Clarkson has been the victim of a witch-hunt by the BBC (not THAT BBC...lol) and is probably the most entertaining man on telly...despite himself.

The remaining episodes in the current series should be immediately reinstated on the tv schedules.I

It's a great programme, entertaining and funny, and should be left alone by the leftie PC brigade (who themselves are a complete waste of good skin).

"

Now I enjoy Top Gear and I like JC but where do you get off making all these demands based on your opinion of the show and the man?

Reply privately

By *ethnmelvCouple
over a year ago

Chudleigh

"Clarkson owned one third of the top gear brand and he has stopped them broadcasting it !!

Yes, funded by the viewing public, sold to a d*ickhead"

Technically incorrect - the idea for the show was not the BBCs, but they have made a ton more money out of it than Clarkson. As a result it has raised the brand of the BBC worldwide and allowed them to reduce the pressure on subscription costs and non motoring programmes to be made. In effect it was sold to the BBC for a knock down price...

Reply privately

over a year ago

I understand he sold his share of the show to the bbc, £8m I think he got"

He did indeed sell it, only the figure I heard that he got for it was closer to £14 million.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"how can the bbc stop showing the top gear programm after all we pay the wages for them it should be up to us wether we watch or not lobby for not paying the bloody tv licence

Good idea.

The remaining episodes in the current series should be immediately reinstated on the tv schedules.

"

Reply privately

over a year ago

Well, I've signed the national petition to have Clarkson replaced by Julian Clarey....

So hopefully we'll be seeing a nice, new Top Gear...!

Reply privately

over a year ago

just sack the bully

if you punch a work mate instant dismissal or a police assault charge

Reply privately

Forum Mod

over a year ago

Good idea.

"

Ok you can take the next slap when he has a tantrum

Reply privately

By *oe bloggs69Man
over a year ago

fife

Good idea.

BRING BACK TOP GEAR, and LEAVE CLARKSON TO GO ON BEING CLARKSON.100% spot on

"

Reply privately

By *airy_HettyWoman
over a year ago

Greater London

"just sack the bully

if you punch a work mate instant dismissal or a police assault charge "

Arrogant bastards who believe the world revolve around them should have had a short sharp shock a lot earlier in life. Unfortunately Clarkson is one such prick!

Reply privately

over a year ago

Does anyone know for sure that someone was punched? Do we know the circumstances? Maybe worth hearing both sides of the story before jumping to conclusions?

Reply privately

By *entaur_UKMan
over a year ago

Cannock

Yes not sure what then, maibe put it on dave channel or bbc3, might be good."

BBC 3 is still the BBC so if they're going to show the remaining episodes just put it back on BBC 2 as before.

I hope that Clarkson tells the BBC to go fuck themselves, then he should go to ITV, channel 4 or channel 5 to do an alternative motoring programme of his own (where he won't be hounded by politically correct BBC morons).

I think the BBC Top Gear brand won't be half as popular without Clarkson, another channel would soon snap him up and if Clarkson leaves he should ask Hammond and May to go with him.

Reply privately

over a year ago

BBC 3 is still the BBC so if they're going to show the remaining episodes just put it back on BBC 2 as before.

I hope that Clarkson tells the BBC to go fuck themselves, then he should go to ITV, channel 4 or channel 5 to do an alternative motoring programme of his own (where he won't be hounded by politically correct BBC morons).

I think the BBC Top Gear brand won't be half as popular without Clarkson, another channel would soon snap him up and if Clarkson leaves he should ask Hammond and May to go with him. "

Oooh so its politically correct NOT to punch someone who has pissed you off? Please remind me next time some old dearpisses all over the bed I've just changed or them an I'm helping to the loo decides I'm assaulting him and clocks me one! Maybe I should just punch them because apparently it would be politically correct if I didn't, who wants to be politically correct?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

I hope that Clarkson tells the BBC to go fuck themselves, then he should go to ITV, channel 4 or channel 5 to do an alternative motoring programme of his own (where he won't be hounded by politically correct BBC morons). "

Worked for Barry Norman, and Des Lynam, and Harry & Paul

Reply privately

By *entaur_UKMan
over a year ago

Cannock

I think the BBC Top Gear brand won't be half as popular without Clarkson, another channel would soon snap him up and if Clarkson leaves he should ask Hammond and May to go with him.

Oooh so its politically correct NOT to punch someone who has pissed you off? Please remind me next time some old dearpisses all over the bed I've just changed or them an I'm helping to the loo decides I'm assaulting him and clocks me one! Maybe I should just punch them because apparently it would be politically correct if I didn't, who wants to be politically correct?"

Utter nonsense, the BBC have been on a witch hunt after Clarkson for ages, remember the eeny meeny miny mo saga a few months ago, and there have been other clashes, but if you want to bury your head in the sand and pretend they are not out to get him, go ahead and carry on as you were.

Reply privately

By *verysmileMan
over a year ago

CANTERBURY

Keith Richard was sorely disappointed when he watched Top Gear and realised that it was only about cars.

Reply privately

By *entaur_UKMan
over a year ago

Cannock

"

Worked for Barry Norman, and Des Lynam, and Harry & Paul"

Don't think they had nearly a million signatures on an online petition for them to stay though did they?

Reply privately

over a year ago

they dont have to watch it

Reply privately

over a year ago

Oooh so its politically correct NOT to punch someone who has pissed you off? Please remind me next time some old dearpisses all over the bed I've just changed or them an I'm helping to the loo decides I'm assaulting him and clocks me one! Maybe I should just punch them because apparently it would be politically correct if I didn't, who wants to be politically correct?

Utter nonsense, the BBC have been on a witch hunt after Clarkson for ages, remember the eeny meeny miny mo saga a few months ago, and there have been other clashes, but if you want to bury your head in the sand and pretend they are not out to get him, go ahead and carry on as you were. "

Reply privately

over a year ago

I think the BBC Top Gear brand won't be half as popular without Clarkson, another channel would soon snap him up and if Clarkson leaves he should ask Hammond and May to go with him. "

You might find channels which rely on advertising might find Clarkson more trouble than he is worth. The Beeb is to be applauded for allowing the show to be as edgy as it has been.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

Don't think they had nearly a million signatures on an online petition for them to stay though did they? "

You seriously think those petitions achieve anything?, but how did the irreplaceable Bazza Des and Harry get on after quitting the beeb?, thinking about it for someone with such an anti BBC persona Clarkson has been reluctant to take his broadcast (top gear, the vanity chat show, the various documentaries) work anywhere other than auntie, I'm sure even the CRASH!BANG!WALLOP! What a video! father's day gift cash ins were released via BBC vhs.

Reply privately

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
over a year ago

in Lancashire

"

Utter nonsense, the BBC have been on a witch hunt after Clarkson for ages, remember the eeny meeny miny mo saga a few months ago, and there have been other clashes, but if you want to bury your head in the sand and pretend they are not out to get him, go ahead and carry on as you were. "

they could have sacked him several times over for the things that he has said, hardly the sign of a 'witch hunt' more the sign of some bigoted bloke with a big gob who thinks he's above the rest..

Reply privately

By *entaur_UKMan
over a year ago

Cannock

You might find channels which rely on advertising might find Clarkson more trouble than he is worth. The Beeb is to be applauded for allowing the show to be as edgy as it has been."

Top Gear makes millions for the BBC, if another channel thinks it could make half the amount of money Top Gear does by signing Clarkson, they will snap him up.

Reply privately

over a year ago

And how long do you think it would take to build a viable brand?, and how much £££?

Reply privately

over a year ago

You might find channels which rely on advertising might find Clarkson more trouble than he is worth. The Beeb is to be applauded for allowing the show to be as edgy as it has been.

Top Gear makes millions for the BBC, if another channel thinks it could make half the amount of money Top Gear does by signing Clarkson, they will snap him up. "

The point being that the Beeb own the show, so Clarkson would have to do something different without the Top Gear name. With fickle advertisers potentially not wanting to be associated with and edgy presenter it might not be as straight forward as you think.

Reply privately

By *entaur_UKMan
over a year ago

Cannock

"

Don't think they had nearly a million signatures on an online petition for them to stay though did they?

You seriously think those petitions achieve anything?, but how did the irreplaceable Bazza Des and Harry get on after quitting the beeb?, thinking about it for someone with such an anti BBC persona Clarkson has been reluctant to take his broadcast (top gear, the vanity chat show, the various documentaries) work anywhere other than auntie, I'm sure even the CRASH!BANG!WALLOP! What a video! father's day gift cash ins were released via BBC vhs."

Clarkson has released dozens of dvd's over the years (usually around christmas time), and people are more than happy to buy them. They come under the Top Gear banner but i would say 99.9% of them have Clarkson on the front cover (i bought most of them). These dvds are not shown on the BBC, if people want to watch they buy the dvd, mostly because Clarkson is the star attraction. The dvd sales speak for themselves.

Reply privately

over a year ago

To me, Clarkson is just a mediocre entertainer on the telly - no more, no less. I'm sure someone will give him a job if things don't work out at the Beeb. Hasn't Brucie just retired? Could be an opening for twinkle-toed Jezza

Reply privately

over a year ago

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Well, I've signed the national petition to have Clarkson replaced by Julian Clarey....

So hopefully we'll be seeing a nice, new Top Gear...!

"

And "Top Queer" was born....

Reply privately

By *lashheartMan
over a year ago

shrewsbury

Personally I think the guys hilarious. Don't take everything he says seriously and don't beleive everything you read in the paper (or web).

If you don't like him don't watch it, I don't like eastenders but I don't complain about it.

If he punched someone then I'm sure he will pay in some way.

Reply privately

By *alcon43Woman
over a year ago

Paisley

Bring back Quentin Wilson. Top Gear did exist with Jeremy Clarkson only being one of five presenters.

Top Gear is nothing more than three grown men behaving like teenagers!

Reply privately

By *entaur_UKMan
over a year ago

Cannock

"Bring back Quentin Wilson. Top Gear did exist with Jeremy Clarkson only being one of five presenters.

Top Gear is nothing more than three grown men behaving like teenagers!"

Quentin Wilson, lol, are you talking about Top Gear back in the early 1990's when it was boring?

Reply privately

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"Bring back Quentin Wilson. Top Gear did exist with Jeremy Clarkson only being one of five presenters.

Lol they do a bit don't they

Reply privately

over a year ago

Top gear with Quentin and Tiff Needell was cancelled by the Beeb

The whole shebang was taken up by channel 5 and called fifth gear.

Clarkson and producer Andy Wilman came up with the current format.

Incidentally, Clarkson will be back on BBC next month when he hosts have I got news for you.

Reply privately

By *inaTitzTV/TS
over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

Nothing should be done until the investigation into the fracas has been completed. Just because Clarkson is famous and popular normal disciplinary procedures should be followed, the same as for anyone else.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Let loose the Dogs of War and let us have a Witch Hunt.

Tally Ho Chaps

Genetically Gimp

Reply privately

By *zeye73Man
over a year ago

Amersham

I see James May posted an intriguing tweet at 8pm ending with #Unemployed

Read into that what you want too

Reply privately

By *lashheartMan
over a year ago

shrewsbury

I hope it all gets sorted out and continues in the current format, the 3 of them compliment each other and it won't be the same without all 3.

And iv seen the live show too and they're just the same at that

Reply privately

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

"Nothing should be done until the investigation into the fracas has been completed. Just because Clarkson is famous and popular normal disciplinary procedures should be followed, the same as for anyone else."

It's almost as if everyone has forgotten that Savile was allowed to get away with whatever he wanted to do because he was "the talent" and popular.

The BBC is still being investigated for Savile and will have to be much smarter about what they allow "the talent" to get away with at every level.

This smacks of something more akin to Jonathan Ross. Clarkson will do the same.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Jonathan Ross is back on radio 2 for the next two weeks.

The Beeb director that compared Clarkson to Savill should be sacked too. The comparison is too vile to even contemplate

Reply privately

By *entaur_UKMan
over a year ago

Cannock

"Jonathan Ross is back on radio 2 for the next two weeks.

The Beeb director that compared Clarkson to Savill should be sacked too. The comparison is too vile to even contemplate "

Reply privately

over a year ago

There's a thing on Facebook about how Alan Partridge should replace Jeremy Clarkson.

Reply privately

over a year ago

One is a character, but which one?

Reply privately

By *lashheartMan
over a year ago

shrewsbury

"There's a thing on Facebook about how Alan Partridge should replace Jeremy Clarkson. "

That could actually be watchable

Reply privately

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

"Jonathan Ross is back on radio 2 for the next two weeks.

The Beeb director that compared Clarkson to Savill should be sacked too. The comparison is too vile to even contemplate "

The comparison isn't about the actual acts but the behaviour of turning a blind eye.

If Clarkson hit someone that being deemed acceptable and therefore fine to cover up because he makes money and is popular is not really any different to covering up a bit of fondling of the kids because Savile was popular. We know now Savile did much worse and some knew at the time. The point is that any cover-ups lead to that suspicion and accusation that there is more that hasn't yet come out.

If it turns out that Clarkson has done something even more heinous that use violence, which is unacceptable anywhere let alone in the workplace, I bet all the Clarkson is great, let's sign a petition and force the Beeb to keep him brigade will be blaming the Beeb for allowing him to get away with it.

Rules and laws should be blind to the cult of personality.

Reply privately

over a year ago

all three's contracts finish next month and will likely end up on another channel i reckon....probably sky.

Reply privately

By *illwill69uMan
over a year ago

moston

"To me, Clarkson is just a mediocre entertainer on the telly - no more, no less. I'm sure someone will give him a job if things don't work out at the Beeb. Hasn't Brucie just retired? Could be an opening for twinkle-toed Jezza "

You may find Clarkson mediocre but the fact is Top Gear HAD the highest viewing figures of any program on BBC2 (over 2 million a show) and WAS the highest earning franchise the BBC had (the BBC admit to net earnings of £12 million a year from the sale of 8 annual shows). This was down to the presenters not the producers or BBC executives. All thrown away through the stupidity of the BBC.

"

The comparison isn't about the actual acts but the behaviour of turning a blind eye."

Actually the comparison is between Clarkson and SaVile.

I hope that Jezzer has already retained legal council and started a defamation suit against the man who made the statement and the BBC that he was representing.

"

If it turns out that Clarkson has done something even more heinous that use violence

"

And your comment above is proof of that defamation, you are already starting to spread and expand this vile slur.

"Rules and laws should be blind to the cult of personality.

"

At least there we agree, I must say that I further hope that Jezzer also starts a claim for unfair dismissal. Because if what I believe has happened is correct there has been a concerted and orchestrated campaign of character assassination over years with what could only be one aim, and that was to push Clarkson out and make him unemployable at the same time.

If this is true then the payout for his constructive dismissal and the final parting shot of linking him with SaVile should cost the BBC 10s of millions in compensation and costs (plus the franchise earnings because that is gone with Jezzer, Hamster and Captain Slow too).

Reply privately

over a year ago

I can't be bothered quoting all the post above but the salient points are that top gear isn't it's highest grossing franchise, the Savile comparison was in reference to a culture of victim intimidation and I'm sure the BBC can afford an employment lawyer far in excess of anyone on here.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I can't be bothered quoting all the post above but the salient points are that top gear isn't it's highest grossing franchise, the Savile comparison was in reference to a culture of victim intimidation and I'm sure the BBC can afford an employment lawyer far in excess of anyone on here."

Especially after buying Clarkson out so cheaply. Plus even if the series ends now the BBC will be minting it with repeat fees for years to come. There's a BBC executive or two who have earned their bonuses for that deal.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I'm also with you on that one

Reply privately

over a year ago

Clarkson should rightly be investigated for his alleged actions but there is a subversive campaign to smear Clarkson that has been going on for a while. Stories have been leaked to the newspapers. Clips that have been edited out have ended up on YouTube to undermine him.

Nobody should be compared to that evil scumbag Savill to justify their argument.

Reply privately

over a year ago

As the great Oscar Wilde once said "There is only one thing in life worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about". His reputation for being a "bloke" is partly what keeps his popularity high and in the long run this won't have harmed either him or the BBC. The World will keep revolving and Clarkson will continue to be the marmite figure he is, it's just a case of where you spread him now!

Reply privately

over a year ago

Yes, funded by the viewing public, sold to a d*ickhead"

He only sold out the rights to merchandising and the bbc paid 14million for it, which maybe gives some indication as to how popular the programme is globally. The priogram in its cuurent format was Clarksons and Andy Wildmans idea, and their foresight has made the beeb a lot of money of the back of it....I think clarkson has every right to be aggrieved by whT is happening....

Reply privately

over a year ago

Get Steve Coogan in Alan Partridge guise to present it

Reply privately

By *nleashedCrakenMan
over a year ago

Widnes

Why should it only be female deer who have to change channels?"

PMSFL

Reply privately

over a year ago

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Clarkson should rightly be investigated for his alleged actions but there is a subversive campaign to smear Clarkson that has been going on for a while. Stories have been leaked to the newspapers. Clips that have been edited out have ended up on YouTube to undermine him.

Nobody should be compared to that evil scumbag Savill to justify their argument. "

I suspect Clarkson will have every right to sue over that comment.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"As the great Oscar Wilde once said "There is only one thing in life worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about". His reputation for being a "bloke" is partly what keeps his popularity high and in the long run this won't have harmed either him or the BBC. The World will keep revolving and Clarkson will continue to be the marmite figure he is, it's just a case of where you spread him now! "

eloquently put. I am ambivolent toward Clarkson but one thing is for sure. This is another building block toward making the man a legend. Whatever the outcome this will have reinforced the strong opposing views that many already hold about him, and that can only be good for his marketability, his stock price will rocket

Reply privately

By *nleashedCrakenMan
over a year ago

Widnes

I think that's the point and it's main appeal.

Reply privately

By *nleashedCrakenMan
over a year ago

Widnes

Top Gear is nothing more than three grown men behaving like teenagers!

Quentin Wilson, lol, are you talking about Top Gear back in the early 1990's when it was boring? "

Whilst the current Top Gear format is probably more entertaining it's definitely not as informative as the old. Fifth Gear Seems to fulfill the informative role these days.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Nobody watches fifth gear

Reply privately

By *nleashedCrakenMan
over a year ago

Widnes

I really don't get this pro/anti Clarkson thing. It seems like those sitting left of centre are rubbing their hands with glee at the thought of a constant pain in their neck possibly meeting his Waterloo while those sitting right of centre seem to be acting like Clarkson is a god who can do no wrong.

At the end of the day a serious and credible allegation has been made against Clarkson and that allegation must be investigated. Whilst that allegation is being investigated it would seem to me to be inappropriate for Top Gear, with Clarkson in it, to be aired as if nothing had happened.

What happens to Clarkson after the investigation is complete and the facts are known should be dependent on what those facts turn out to be. It should not be based on whether you like or dislike Clarkson, his politics or Top Gear's current format.

Let's stop both the liberal witch hunt and neo-con "Clarkson's right we must fight" campaigns, wait till we know the facts and then decide what action to take.

Reply privately

By *nleashedCrakenMan
over a year ago

Widnes

"Nobody watches fifth gear"

I do. Maybe I'm just a nobody after all.

Reply privately

over a year ago

seconded Adventure good programme and jeremy enhances it

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Clarkson owned one third of the top gear brand and he has stopped them broadcasting it !!"

He DID. But he sold this a couple of years ago (£12 million I think). He now has no say in the programme other than as a presenter.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Nothing should be done until the investigation into the fracas has been completed. Just because Clarkson is famous and popular normal disciplinary procedures should be followed, the same as for anyone else."

Well said - and absolutely right!!!

Reply privately

over a year ago

I don't pay T.V license, just sayin'

Reply privately

By *mooth8Man
over a year ago

s hertfordshire

"Nobody watches fifth gear

I do. Maybe I'm just a nobody after all."

So your the one!

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Your threads about Clarkson isn't it, not Top Gear. They can still show the programme without that tw*t. If people think it won't be the same, then they're watching it purely for HIM, in which case, take it off and spend the money on something else

I love Jezza, he's great entertainment ...I don't think you have a sense of humour "

You wouldn't say that though if he came back from the pub pissed and took his stupid aggression out on you because he was hungry..

Reply privately

By *mooth8Man
over a year ago

s hertfordshire

There are people on the telly that we like and some we don't it's all personal preference. Top gear does completely revolve around JC and the other two side kicks are only wheeled out in the studio for filming their bit then Wheeled back. So as the viewing figures world wide per show are 350 million I guess there's a lot of people who like him! Top gear has had many presenters and not been successful, without JC it's finished. Que a "Jonathan Ross" saga and "another gear" on itv or 4 or 5.

Reply privately

By *ogeropeMan
over a year ago

brighton

Clarkson is a twat. To much money, to much substance abuse, read that how you like , but he was pissed and so were the two other presenters. He called an employee a c..t and hit him. Instant dismisal in the real world. He cant keep his childish mouth shut, or engage mind before leting the mouth out. As a contributor to his wealth, I think he should go. His contract runs out at the end of this month, good ridance. If Sky or any of the others want him, then have him. The BBC realise that the format is thier's and will find another presenter, just like they did with 'Have I got news for you'

Reply privately

over a year ago

Where did you get your facts about substance abuse on this subject? According to reports he was sober

Reply privately

By *lshere77Man
over a year ago

Wigan

Regardless of who owns the format, JC is Top Gear, if he goes to Sky it's the BBC's loss, the corporation is run by too many politically correct do gooders anyway so they probably won't realise the damage they are already doing to themselves.

And all the J.C. critics can say what they want, he is entertaining so Sky would welcome him with open arms. .......then charge us for watching.

Reply privately

By *mooth8Man
over a year ago

s hertfordshire

"Clarkson is a twat. To much money, to much substance abuse, read that how you like , but he was pissed and so were the two other presenters. He called an employee a c..t and hit him. Instant dismisal in the real world. He cant keep his childish mouth shut, or engage mind before leting the mouth out. As a contributor to his wealth, I think he should go. His contract runs out at the end of this month, good ridance. If Sky or any of the others want him, then have him. The BBC realise that the format is thier's and will find another presenter, just like they did with 'Have I got news for you'"

Oh you were there were you?

Probably not. And what exactly do you know of the other parties action in this? Maybe he was winding jc up during the day maybe he insulted jc which lead to the fracas.... maybe.... maybe not. Only they know. There's always 2 sides

Reply privately

By *mooth8Man
over a year ago

s hertfordshire

"The BBC realise that the format is thier's and will find another presenter, just like they did with 'Have I got news for you'"

Hignfy could be fronted by a chimpanzee And wouldnt make any bigger viewing figures. Fact is top gear was nothing before jc and will be nothing after him. His new program on whatever channel it's on will take over.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I would guess that three men discussing cars.

Celebrity's in cars doing timed laps.

Music

And all the other stuff top gear regularly does will be copyright of the BBC.

Fifth gear never took off because they couldn't do what top gear did and it was all very boring.

I think clarkson is way to old to start another show, he'll probably just move to books, DVD,s and paper columns if top gear gets cancelled.

I don't think the beeb will continue the show without him or with the other two, however they will be under contract with the beeb for all their other shows so they won't want to fall out with the beeb themselves.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

Utter nonsense, the BBC have been on a witch hunt after Clarkson for ages, remember the eeny meeny miny mo saga a few months ago, and there have been other clashes, but if you want to bury your head in the sand and pretend they are not out to get him, go ahead and carry on as you were.

they could have sacked him several times over for the things that he has said, hardly the sign of a 'witch hunt' more the sign of some bigoted bloke with a big gob who thinks he's above the rest.."

what has he said that deserves a sacking?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I would guess that three men discussing cars.

Music

Fifth gear never took off because they couldn't do what top gear did and it was all very boring.

I think clarkson is way to old to start another show, he'll probably just move to books, DVD,s and paper columns if top gear gets cancelled.

I don't think the beeb will continue the show without him or with the other two, however they will be under contract with the beeb for all their other shows so they won't want to fall out with the beeb themselves."

Maybe a chat show, he has shown himself to be pretty adept at interviewing A-listers.

Reply privately

By *eerobCouple
over a year ago

solihull

Latest news is that jc has seen solicotors about the comparrison with Saville. Strangely now they are having problems finding the person responsible now. Hope they throw the book at him now aswell and that if jc goes he gets some money from them for the slur. Whether you like jc or not, he has produced a good show that is unique. I for one will mournr its padsing if ot goes, but wont have any interest in it with different presenters.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Music

I don't think the beeb will continue the show without him or with the other two, however they will be under contract with the beeb for all their other shows so they won't want to fall out with the beeb themselves.

Maybe a chat show, he has shown himself to be pretty adept at interviewing A-listers."

I think if he goes he'll probably have a change of tack on to something different.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him doing a one off series on engineering Marvel's or something along those lines, as it's always been his passion, even his love of cars has always been about engineering

Reply privately

over a year ago

"As the great Oscar Wilde once said "There is only one thing in life worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about". His reputation for being a "bloke" is partly what keeps his popularity high and in the long run this won't have harmed either him or the BBC. The World will keep revolving and Clarkson will continue to be the marmite figure he is, it's just a case of where you spread him now! "
I like the Oscar wilde quote.. I read a similar Quote that Aled Jones recalled terry Wogan telling him when giveing him a Bit of advice when they were both Working for radio 2.. he said `spread Yourself thinly as possible because it Makes it difficult for people to get Rid of you!`

Reply privately

By *ogeropeMan
over a year ago

brighton

"Where did you get your facts about substance abuse on this subject? According to reports he was sober"

The reason they were late for thier dinner was that they had been in the pub, May cant remember anything because he said he was d*unk, a customer in the hotel said thay were all d*unk and witnessed the whole event.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Funny that because the report says that they had been working in Surrey all days do the production team hadn't laid on any food. The flew directly to Yorkshire by helicopter. James May drank a bottle of wine on the helicopter but Clarkson didn't drink because he was still working on his script. By the time they arrived at the hotel the kitchen was closed and no hot meals were available. If the producer was aware of this and been negligent in organising a hot meal, an argument would almost certainly been on the cards.

After the event, it was Clarkson that made the complaint.

There are always at least two sides to every argument

Don't let your personal animosity blind you from the facts. Much of which has yet to be disclosed

Reply privately

over a year ago

Music

Maybe a chat show, he has shown himself to be pretty adept at interviewing A-listers..

I think if he goes he'll probably have a change of tack on to something different.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him doing a one off series on engineering Marvel's or something along those lines, as it's always been his passion, even his love of cars has always been about engineering"

Yes already done a documentary series called Inventions That Changed The World. They were pretty good and his enthusiasm for the subject was obvious.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Did anybody see the documentary he did about his father in law in Arnhem? That guy was a genuine hero

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Did anybody see the documentary he did about his father in law in Arnhem? That guy was a genuine hero"

I think I recall seeing it. He did one on the Telemark raid too didn't he...

Reply privately

over a year ago

I know this may sound extreme, but people who bully co-workers get sacked. No matter how entertaining they are.

Being a good entertainer does not excuse you from being a good person. Look at Jimmy Saville and Rolf Harris. (I'm not saying he is a paedo of course, just an example)

Reply privately

over a year ago

He's done a few

I've been reading his articles for many years. Long before anyone had heard of him.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Your threads about Clarkson isn't it, not Top Gear. They can still show the programme without that tw*t. If people think it won't be the same, then they're watching it purely for HIM, in which case, take it off and spend the money on something else"

Well said

Reply privately

over a year ago

What about all those that want to watch it WITH him?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Your threads about Clarkson isn't it, not Top Gear. They can still show the programme without that tw*t. If people think it won't be the same, then they're watching it purely for HIM, in which case, take it off and spend the money on something else

Well said "

Reply privately

over a year ago

"What about all those that want to watch it WITH him?"

They can tune into Sky i expect lol

Reply privately

By *nleashedCrakenMan
over a year ago

Widnes

"I know this may sound extreme, but people who bully co-workers get sacked. No matter how entertaining they are.

Being a good entertainer does not excuse you from being a good person. Look at Jimmy Saville and Rolf Harris. (I'm not saying he is a paedo of course, just an example)

"

But we don't know what he did or why yet. Whereas it is probably correct to suspend him while the investigation takes place I really don't know how anyone can possibly say what is a fair punishment or even if there is anything to punish, until all the facts are known.

It seems to me that some on here, who clearly dislike Clarkson, want to use this as an excuse to rid him and are not really interested in what actually happened or indeed the rights and wrongs of it either.

Reply privately

By *inaTitzTV/TS
over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

"

It seems to me that some on here, who clearly dislike Clarkson, want to use this as an excuse to rid him and are not really interested in what actually happened or indeed the rights and wrongs of it either."

I'd agree with you, however, I'd say there are FAR more people who are supporting him, without being really interested in what actually happened or indeed the rights and wrongs of it either.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Comments coming from high up in the Beeb comparing him to Savile are vile and should not be aired regardless of the outcome of any disciplinary hearing

Reply privately

over a year ago

there is no top gear without him

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Comments coming from high up in the Beeb comparing him to Savile are vile and should not be aired regardless of the outcome of any disciplinary hearing"

At no point has he been personally compared to Savile mearly his lionisation, (the number of comments on here about how much money he earns the BBC for a start) coupled Noël Edmunds and call me Dave chirping up about what a great guy he is (I'm surprised we haven't heard about what a great deal he does for charity).

Reply privately

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

I love Top Gear but, if JC did belt someone, I'd rather they didn't show it at all than tacitly approve poor behaviour by reinstating him. I feel for the other two, although I suspect that Sky will be getting three new presenters.

Luckily James May and Hamster do other programmes for the Beeb. It's only JC who doesn't do other programmes now.

Reply privately

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

"(I'm surprised we haven't heard about what a great deal he does for charity)."

He does loads for Help for Heroes.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Agreed!

Reply privately

By *illwill69uMan
over a year ago

moston

"I know this may sound extreme, but people who bully co-workers get sacked. No matter how entertaining they are.

"

Unless your in the Top Gear production team. Then you can force a presenter to give voice to covertly racist material you write and rather than being sacked for it the presenter gets blamed and punished for doing his job and reading your script.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Comments coming from high up in the Beeb comparing him to Savile are vile and should not be aired regardless of the outcome of any disciplinary hearing

At no point has he been personally compared to Savile mearly his lionisation, (the number of comments on here about how much money he earns the BBC for a start) coupled Noël Edmunds and call me Dave chirping up about what a great guy he is (I'm surprised we haven't heard about what a great deal he does for charity)."

Doesn't matter what the context was, the comparison was made with Savile. That kind of mud can stick and ruin reputations. You only have to see the misguided comments on some of the posts on this thread to see that. There are many that like Clarkson and a majority that don't. That goes for every single person on tv. If we all had the power to ban those we don't like on telly, our screens would be blank and we would have to find other forms of entertainment

Reply privately

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

"Comments coming from high up in the Beeb comparing him to Savile are vile and should not be aired regardless of the outcome of any disciplinary hearing

At no point has he been personally compared to Savile mearly his lionisation, (the number of comments on here about how much money he earns the BBC for a start) coupled Noël Edmunds and call me Dave chirping up about what a great guy he is (I'm surprised we haven't heard about what a great deal he does for charity)."

That's been mentioned elsewhere.

I did not read it as him being compared to Savile in terms of any acts (hence I am not defaming Clarkson in any way) but that the covering up of acts cannot happen as that is what happened with Savile.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Doesn't matter about context, the comparison has been made. That is what will stick in people's minds

Reply privately

over a year ago

So who would be a good replacer for jeremey? As its no need to really stop the program to make future programs

Reply privately

over a year ago

Unless your in the Top Gear production team. Then you can force a presenter to give voice to covertly racist material you write and rather than being sacked for it the presenter gets blamed and punished for doing his job and reading your script."

Are you saying that Jezza is a poor innocent puppet and the nasty production team are pulling his strings forcing him to say outrageous things? That seems a bit against what others are saying how wonderfully independent he is and how he sticks it to the much too PC BBC.

Reply privately

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

"Doesn't matter about context, the comparison has been made. That is what will stick in people's minds "

So far it hasn't at all. Context is everything on cover-ups given that the BBC is being investigated over cover-ups.

Reply privately

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Unless your in the Top Gear production team. Then you can force a presenter to give voice to covertly racist material you write and rather than being sacked for it the presenter gets blamed and punished for doing his job and reading your script.

Are you saying that Jezza is a poor innocent puppet and the nasty production team are pulling his strings forcing him to say outrageous things? That seems a bit against what others are saying how wonderfully independent he is and how he sticks it to the much too PC BBC."

My line all the way through on this is that the investigation should go ahead. Suspension is a reasonable action for any employer to take with such a serious allegation of misconduct.

My outrage is at the line that poor Jeremy is being set up and has been for ages and that he is so irreplaceable that it really doesn't matter what he has done he is worth it. Starting a petition to keep an allegedly violent employee in work because he is popular and makes money is the crazy behaviour of the mob sold on the cult of celebrity.

Let the investigation come to a conclusion, without the cover-ups or the capitulation to the mob.

Reply privately

By *eerobCouple
over a year ago

solihull

If clarkson had made a similar comparison of someone to Saville under similar circumstanced I am certain there would have been a lot of critism of him, its not right that it almost appears pne rule for executives.... And oneforJC

Reply privately

over a year ago

Are you saying that Jezza is a poor innocent puppet and the nasty production team are pulling his strings forcing him to say outrageous things? That seems a bit against what others are saying how wonderfully independent he is and how he sticks it to the much too PC BBC.

My line all the way through on this is that the investigation should go ahead. Suspension is a reasonable action for any employer to take with such a serious allegation of misconduct.

My outrage is at the line that poor Jeremy is being set up and has been for ages and that he is so irreplaceable that it really doesn't matter what he has done he is worth it. Starting a petition to keep an allegedly violent employee in work because he is popular and makes money is the crazy behaviour of the mob sold on the cult of celebrity.

Let the investigation come to a conclusion, without the cover-ups or the capitulation to the mob.

"

And how about the BBC executives that lied their arses off before a Parliamentary Committee? Shouldn't they be instantly dismissed, or at least suspended for misconduct?

Or the same executives who spent and wasted a whole load of licence payers money (not in accordance with their Charter) in absolutely refusing to reveal the 28 attendees at a Global Warming conference?

People in glass houses and all that?

Or are the high ups so fucking holier than thou that they are untouchable?

Reply privately

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

And how about the BBC executives that lied their arses off before a Parliamentary Committee? Shouldn't they be instantly dismissed, or at least suspended for misconduct?

Or the same executives who spent and wasted a whole load of licence payers money (not in accordance with their Charter) in absolutely refusing to reveal the 28 attendees at a Global Warming conference?

"

I don't think they should be untouchable either. Saying that I believe if there is any truth to the allegations about Clarkson should not be covered up does not mean I condone others failings. Nor do I think that because the senior managers are incompetent, acting badly that should mean that Clarkson or any other "talent" can do as they like and be allowed to get away with it.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I don't think they should be untouchable either. Saying that I believe if there is any truth to the allegations about Clarkson should not be covered up does not mean I condone others failings. Nor do I think that because the senior managers are incompetent, acting badly that should mean that Clarkson or any other "talent" can do as they like and be allowed to get away with it."

I agree.

And given that the blatant lying to parliament was in public, one would expect an "investiation" to take 5 minutes and dismissal by the end of the day. Sadly, it doesn't happen and never will.

I barely know much about Clarkson and this matter, but it reads an awful lot like the BBC/Producers fell very short of fulfilling their duty of care to the presenters, what's happening about that?

Reply privately

By *inaTitzTV/TS
over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

I'm with Lickety - there needs to be a proper investigation, regardless of the standing of Clarkson.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I'm with Lickety - there needs to be a proper investigation, regardless of the standing of Clarkson. "

Yeah, hopefully full details of why he felt the need to punch the producer, if in fact he did.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

Shouldn't you therefore be defending them on the same grounds as you might defend Jeremy? After all they're sticking it to the system if the allegations are true and they don't give a toss about the conventions we expect to operate in normal society. That's why we're supposed to let Jeremy off, isn't it - because he represents a strand of rebellious journalism that some people like and his getting in the face of the po faced BBC?

Just because someone else or some others may or may not get off for some other allegation is not a reason for giving Jeremy Clarkson unlimited freedom to allegedly abuse other people without some constraints.

Should we, for example, let all people accused of assault avoid investigation because some other people may have allegedly got away with murder?

Reply privately

By *entaur_UKMan
over a year ago

Cannock

"Doesn't matter about context, the comparison has been made. That is what will stick in people's minds

So far it hasn't at all. Context is everything on cover-ups given that the BBC is being investigated over cover-ups.

"

Nothing is trying to be covered up in this Clarkson case though. Clarkson reported the incident himself to BBC executives.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I don't think they should be untouchable either. Saying that I believe if there is any truth to the allegations about Clarkson should not be covered up does not mean I condone others failings. Nor do I think that because the senior managers are incompetent, acting badly that should mean that Clarkson or any other "talent" can do as they like and be allowed to get away with it.

I agree.

And given that the blatant lying to parliament was in public, one would expect an "investiation" to take 5 minutes and dismissal by the end of the day. Sadly, it doesn't happen and never will.

I barely know much about Clarkson and this matter, but it reads an awful lot like the BBC/Producers fell very short of fulfilling their duty of care to the presenters, what's happening about that? "

'Duty of care' - you are joking aren't you? He's not really vulnerable or a child and this seems to have come out of not getting his preferred food in a restaurant. Hardly putting him in danger is it?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Shouldn't you therefore be defending them on the same grounds as you might defend Jeremy? After all they're sticking it to the system if the allegations are true and they don't give a toss about the conventions we expect to operate in normal society. That's why we're supposed to let Jeremy off, isn't it - because he represents a strand of rebellious journalism that some people like and his getting in the face of the po faced BBC?

Just because someone else or some others may or may not get off for some other allegation is not a reason for giving Jeremy Clarkson unlimited freedom to allegedly abuse other people without some constraints.

Should we, for example, let all people accused of assault avoid investigation because some other people may have allegedly got away with murder?"

You again. I'm not saying let Jeremy Clarkson off, or even defending him, i can't stand anything the bloke does myself.

What i am saying is it if disciplinary proceeings are releavnt to Clarkson they're at least equally relevant and applicable to those at the top.

It's somewhat rich that the top behave like cunts yet come down on those lower down the chain.

Reply privately

over a year ago

in Lancashire

"I'm with Lickety - there needs to be a proper investigation, regardless of the standing of Clarkson.

Yeah, hopefully full details of why he felt the need to punch the producer, if in fact he did. "

whatever he felt he has no right to punch anyone unless its in self defence..

was the producer suspended..?

Reply privately

over a year ago

I agree.

I barely know much about Clarkson and this matter, but it reads an awful lot like the BBC/Producers fell very short of fulfilling their duty of care to the presenters, what's happening about that?

'Duty of care' - you are joking aren't you? He's not really vulnerable or a child and this seems to have come out of not getting his preferred food in a restaurant. Hardly putting him in danger is it? "

No i'm not, same as High Court Judges aren't joking either when they pass judgmements on the same.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I'm with Lickety - there needs to be a proper investigation, regardless of the standing of Clarkson.

Yeah, hopefully full details of why he felt the need to punch the producer, if in fact he did.

was the producer suspended..?"

or provocation?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Should we, for example, let all people accused of assault avoid investigation because some other people may have allegedly got away with murder?

You again. I'm not saying let Jeremy Clarkson off, or even defending him, i can't stand anything the bloke does myself.

What i am saying is it if disciplinary proceeings are releavnt to Clarkson they're at least equally relevant and applicable to those at the top.

It's somewhat rich that the top behave like cunts yet come down on those lower down the chain."

You again too. If those at the top have done wrong I'm all for them getting their just desserts, whether they are cunts or not. But all this portrayal of Clarkson as a poor powerless innocent is ridiculous. He's a multimillionaire and holds power because of his celebrity. He's not some poor innocent waif - if he was he wouldn't have the following he does.

Reply privately

over a year ago

in Lancashire

was the producer suspended..?

or provocation?"

not an excuse..

sorry m'lud he really wound me etc up so i broke his jaw in 3 places..

Reply privately

over a year ago

Duty of care also covers other areas such as health and safety and the wellbeing of all employees they are responsible for.

It would appear that the TG production team has been lacking in more than one area. I wonder if all this will be covered by the investigation

Reply privately

over a year ago

I agree.

'Duty of care' - you are joking aren't you? He's not really vulnerable or a child and this seems to have come out of not getting his preferred food in a restaurant. Hardly putting him in danger is it?

No i'm not, same as High Court Judges aren't joking either when they pass judgmements on the same.

"

This is nothing to do with duty of care. That is beyond silly. Are my employers in breach of a duty of care because they don't provide me with a hot dinner and expect me to go out and get my own sandwich? If I can manage that, I suspect JC can too - wasn't he in a 5 star hotel at the time?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Duty of care also covers other areas such as health and safety and the wellbeing of all employees they are responsible for.

It would appear that the TG production team has been lacking in more than one area. I wonder if all this will be covered by the investigation "

I give up. Poor old JC was put in risk of serious personal danger because he didn't get the hot meal he demanded even though there was plenty of other food available. There must be hundreds of people here who would call that PC gone mad.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Duty of care also covers other areas such as health and safety and the wellbeing of all employees they are responsible for.

It would appear that the TG production team has been lacking in more than one area. I wonder if all this will be covered by the investigation

I give up. Poor old JC was put in risk of serious personal danger because he didn't get the hot meal he demanded even though there was plenty of other food available. There must be hundreds of people here who would call that PC gone mad.

"

Thousands.

Take it up with the H&E Executive or the Courts.

Reply privately

over a year ago

If it had been a 5star hotel, the kitchen would have been open.

The production team would have known that. That is after all their job

Reply privately

over a year ago

Thousands.

Take it up with the H&E Executive or the Courts. "

They would laugh it out - you lilly livered liberals with your over PC interpretation of the rules. He'll have to take it to the ECHR.

Honestly I've seen some rubbish here, but poor old JC put at risk for Health and Safety. You really are joking.

Incidentally he was forced to fly to the 5 star hotel by helicopter. Take that up with health and safety too - he wasn't wrapped in cotton wool for the journey

Reply privately

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

"If it had been a 5star hotel, the kitchen would have been open.

The production team would have known that. That is after all their job"

Getting cross because someone didn't do their job is one thing. Hitting someone, as he is alleged to have done, is another.

Their job may be to ensure food is available and that may well have been the case; the story alleges it wasn't hot food not that no food was available.

Reply privately

By *entaur_UKMan
over a year ago

Cannock

Thousands.

They would laugh it out - you lilly livered liberals with your over PC interpretation of the rules. He'll have to take it to the ECHR.

Honestly I've seen some rubbish here, but poor old JC put at risk for Health and Safety. You really are joking.

Incidentally he was forced to fly to the 5 star hotel by helicopter. Take that up with health and safety too - he wasn't wrapped in cotton wool for the journey"

Was going to say the ECHR would'nt laugh it out of court, they'd probably love a case like this.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Thousands.

Incidentally he was forced to fly to the 5 star hotel by helicopter. Take that up with health and safety too - he wasn't wrapped in cotton wool for the journey

Was going to say the ECHR would'nt laugh it out of court, they'd probably love a case like this. "

Yep, they'd do what they do with all the other rubbish cases that slip through the national courts - slap it down and send it back to the country of origin to sort out.

Reply privately

over a year ago

So quickly summing up, the Producer (well defined role) responsible wasn't responsible enough and then the shit hit the not-such-a-fan?

Reply privately

over a year ago

I think it can be summed up with "Don't you know who I am?".

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

So quickly summing up, the Producer (well defined role) responsible wasn't responsible enough and then the shit hit the not-such-a-fan? "

Good summary - though we shouldn't call JC a shit, after all it's only an allegation.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Keep twisting the facts. It wasn't a five star hotel. If it had the kitchen would have been open. The TG production team have been severely lacking recently. Coming to a head with the Argentinian debacle and now this. People could have been seriously hurt and the buck stops with the producers not the talent. It is irrelevant whether JC knew about the number plate or not. The producers did and decided the risk was worth putting everyone in danger.

Clarkson, May and Hammond might film hours of trivial chit chat and banality for a few minutes of film on the night. A lot of the time the footage you see doesn't even have the talent behind the wheel. Ever wondered how the camera is in place when Clarkson is racing across three countries? It's filmed days later and edited in. The magic of television.

At the end of the day the production team have a job to do to get the programme recorded efficiently

Part of that remit is to make sure the talent whether they are TG presenters, the stars of a Hollywood blockbuster or BBC costume drama comfortable, happy and safe.

Something is clearly not right behind the scenes. An argument over food may be the straw that broke the camels back and escalated into something else.

Nobody will come out a winner

Reply privately

over a year ago

Good idea.

The remaining episodes in the current series should be immediately reinstated on the tv schedules.I

Now I enjoy Top Gear and I like JC but where do you get off making all these demands based on your opinion of the show and the man?"

It's called freedom of speech.

Along the lines of "Where's my f***ing steak...?"

If the producer involved had any balls, he'd have punched Clarkson right back, there and then, and settled the matter between the two of them privately.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Keep twisting the facts. It wasn't a five star hotel. If it had the kitchen would have been open. The TG production team have been severely lacking recently. Coming to a head with the Argentinian debacle and now this. People could have been seriously hurt and the buck stops with the producers not the talent. It is irrelevant whether JC knew about the number plate or not. The producers did and decided the risk was worth putting everyone in danger.

Clarkson, May and Hammond might film hours of trivial chit chat and banality for a few minutes of film on the night. A lot of the time the footage you see doesn't even have the talent behind the wheel. Ever wondered how the camera is in place when Clarkson is racing across three countries? It's filmed days later and edited in. The magic of television.

At the end of the day the production team have a job to do to get the programme recorded efficiently

Part of that remit is to make sure the talent whether they are TG presenters, the stars of a Hollywood blockbuster or BBC costume drama comfortable, happy and safe.

Something is clearly not right behind the scenes. An argument over food may be the straw that broke the camels back and escalated into something else.

Nobody will come out a winner"

I'd understood that in Argentina it was only the production staff in any real danger because JC and his mates were long gone before the trouble started.

It's strange how at one moment JC is such a hero for being a rebel and sticking two fingers up at the BBC, then all of a sudden he's a poor mistreated victim of the production team. For anyone to claim that the selection of meal available to him is a health and safety issue is complete nonsense.

Being assaulted by a fellow employee is a serious health and safety issue.

It's not really of any consequence at all if anyone comes out a winner about this. At the end of the day it's only a motoring programme and as such a vehicle for a load of over paid over inflated egoes.

Reply privately

By *its_n_piecesCouple
over a year ago

bring back william woollard

Reply privately

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 19/03/15 00:29:55]

Reply privately

over a year ago

"bring back william woollard"

Blimey, you're going back a bit, lol.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Where has anyone said that a hot meal is a health and safety issue? Twist it some more if you can.

It is the production teams job to fulfil many criteria. One of those roles will be health and safety. Another will be catering. Sneer if you want but when filming on location catering facilities for the whole production crew should be on hand. That may be a catering truck, it may be taking over a whole cafe. It may mean sending a junior production assistant down to the bakers for cheese and pickle sandwiches.

If the producer responsible doesn't fulfil his role things are going to escalate quickly.

Time is money and relatively small delays can cost thousands of pounds.

The production team have not done their job which has caused problems later in the day.

Reply privately

over a year ago

If I punched someone at work I would be sacked!!! Very true, after all the debate on here and in other places this is the only true thing anyone has said!!!

Reply privately

over a year ago

Very true arrogant bully!!!!

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Where has anyone said that a hot meal is a health and safety issue? Twist it some more if you can.

It is the production teams job to fulfil many criteria. One of those roles will be health and safety. Another will be catering. Sneer if you want but when filming on location catering facilities for the whole production crew should be on hand. That may be a catering truck, it may be taking over a whole cafe. It may mean sending a junior production assistant down to the bakers for cheese and pickle sandwiches.

If the producer responsible doesn't fulfil his role things are going to escalate quickly.

Time is money and relatively small delays can cost thousands of pounds.

The production team have not done their job which has caused problems later in the day. "

From above, in connection with the absence of hot meals - "Duty of care also covers other areas such as health and safety and the wellbeing of all employees they are responsible for"

Incidentally, since we're on twisting the truth, 5* hotels don't typically offer 24 hour restaurants. Check for example the Savoy in London if you like.

I wasn't sneering. Clarkson's outburst was a half hour tirade of obscenity followed by an assault according to reports in the press. If true no one has the right to do that.

Time is money has nothing to do with the incident does it? It was the end of the day. There was nothing more to do than eat food and drink. No need to delay anything.

You say the production team haven't done their job - was anyone claiming that, was there evidence of it or is that just made up to twist the truth?

Health and safety is the responsibility of all employees in law. Clarkson is responsible for not doing anything that endangers other members of the crew.

It really doesn't matter anyway. Even if the production company was a total failure it doesn't excuse assault or a tirade of bullying abuse if that turns out to be what happened.

Reply privately

By *nleashedCrakenMan
over a year ago

Widnes

"

The fact that BBC executives may or may not have done some wrong which may or may not be worse than what Clarkson is alleged to have done is totally irrelevant. Clarkson should be judged on what he did after all the facts are known.

Reply privately

By *nleashedCrakenMan
over a year ago

Widnes

Good idea.

Now I enjoy Top Gear and I like JC but where do you get off making all these demands based on your opinion of the show and the man?

It's called freedom of speech.

Along the lines of "Where's my f***ing steak...?"

If the producer involved had any balls, he'd have punched Clarkson right back, there and then, and settled the matter between the two of them privately."

Then they both could now be facing dismal and possible criminal prosecution. That's a really well thought through response.

Reply privately

By *illwill69uMan
over a year ago

moston

"Are you saying that Jezza is a poor innocent puppet and the nasty production team are pulling his strings forcing him to say outrageous things? That seems a bit against what others are saying how wonderfully independent he is and how he sticks it to the much too PC BBC."

Read back over this and other Top Gear threads:

What are the complaints?

1 Jezzer

2 Its totally scripted

3 Clarkson is a knob

4 Its too scripted

5 Clarkson is a homophobic twat

6 Its all the same scripted shite

7 Clarkson is a racist bigot that needs sacking!

8 It is all scripted and has no spontaneity.

9 Now on top of everything else Clarkson is a violent bully and just like SaVile and needs sacking.

10 Top Gear is a scripted show and the Beeb needs to replace Clarkson because he is not needed...

Now do you notice any sort of theme here? Maybe the show is scripted and the presenter (a BBC employee) needs to be sacked for following a script.

Seems to me that eventually he has been pushed to the point where he lashed out at his tormentors and the great British public as represented here is baying for the blood because he is a successful man in the public eye while ignoring its own complaints about the show because they indicate he may be the victim rather than the villain!

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Are you saying that Jezza is a poor innocent puppet and the nasty production team are pulling his strings forcing him to say outrageous things? That seems a bit against what others are saying how wonderfully independent he is and how he sticks it to the much too PC BBC.

Read back over this and other Top Gear threads:

What are the complaints?

1 Jezzer

2 Its totally scripted

3 Clarkson is a knob

4 Its too scripted

5 Clarkson is a homophobic twat

6 Its all the same scripted shite

7 Clarkson is a racist bigot that needs sacking!

8 It is all scripted and has no spontaneity.

9 Now on top of everything else Clarkson is a violent bully and just like SaVile and needs sacking.

10 Top Gear is a scripted show and the Beeb needs to replace Clarkson because he is not needed...

Now do you notice any sort of theme here? Maybe the show is scripted and the presenter (a BBC employee) needs to be sacked for following a script.

Seems to me that eventually he has been pushed to the point where he lashed out at his tormentors and the great British public as represented here is baying for the blood because he is a successful man in the public eye while ignoring its own complaints about the show because they indicate he may be the victim rather than the villain! "

The

I think you may be a little obsessed with the idea that the show is too scripted. Nearly all the occurrences of 'script' in this thread are from a quote from one person. Most of his supporters seem to appreciate his freedom to ad lib and challenge the BBC. That's one of the things i like about him and the tolerance of the BBC for allowing him so much freedom. He's been alright about raking in the cash from it too. What's odd is that some people feel that violence and abuse to other employees has a place in the workplace.

Reply privately

By *its_n_piecesCouple
over a year ago

"bring back william woollard

Blimey, you're going back a bit, lol."

it was a good programme back then .... and the phenomenon of woollarding is still strong ..... google it

Reply privately

over a year ago

it was a good programme back then .... and the phenomenon of woollarding is still strong ..... google it "

Not sure I want to go back to extensive road tests on Morris Marinas and the trials and tribulations of trunnions and replacing them. Besides that, nobody sells rally jackets anymore

Reply privately

By *bfoxxxMan
over a year ago

Crete or LANCASTER

it was a good programme back then .... and the phenomenon of woollarding is still strong ..... google it

Not sure I want to go back to extensive road tests on Morris Marinas and the trials and tribulations of trunnions and replacing them. Besides that, nobody sells rally jackets anymore "

But what about the Allegro, and it's quartic steering wheel??

Reply privately

over a year ago

The quartic steering wheel certainly sent WW and Tony whathisname into a state close to nirvana

I blame their non critical revues as a major contribution to the demise of the British motor industry

Reply privately

over a year ago

He is a over paid diva. Glad he has gone. Hammond would make a much better presenter

Reply privately