FabSwingers.com mobile

Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Should I or shouldn't I? Advice please...!

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I have been invited to an old FWBs wedding, as we have stayed friends even though she has been off the swing scene for a while. She is on my Facebook friends and we have mutual friends, question is it will feel strange seeing her walk down the aisle, (we haven't played for over three years, and she has been with her beau for around two.) Opinions please, cheers, Jason

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *empting Devil.Woman
over a year ago

Sheffield

You've been invited because she wants you, her friend, to be part of her happiness.

You may have some rueful feelings but if you are any kind of a friend you'll be able to own them and acknowledge them but still be able to celebrate with her and be happy for her.

Go, get a speck of dust in your eye as she walks down the aisle and then dance at her wedding and be happy.

And weddings are a great place to hook up with hotties!

over a year ago

Hey, I never gave that a thought, a chance to wear my best suit too. I am happy for them both.

By *ittle Pocket PerveWoman
over a year ago

Portsmouth

"You've been invited because she wants you, her friend, to be part of her happiness.

You may have some rueful feelings but if you are any kind of a friend you'll be able to own them and acknowledge them but still be able to celebrate with her and be happy for her.

Go, get a speck of dust in your eye as she walks down the aisle and then dance at her wedding and be happy.

"

This

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

If you're friends yes. One of my bridesmaids had a little thing with my husband. She's a friend of the family and I wasn't with him at the time.

By *oobsandballsMan
over a year ago

st andrews

She sees you as a friend, nothing more. And she wants her friend there to help her celebrate.

Go, enjoy and be happy for them

Forum Mod

over a year ago

Go and celebrate with them

over a year ago

"You've been invited because she wants you, her friend, to be part of her happiness.

This "

over a year ago

Go to the wedding and have some fun...

over a year ago

Go to the wedding and share in her happiness, she's your friend.

Enjoy it if you do! x

By *empting Devil.Woman
over a year ago

Sheffield

"Hey, I never gave that a thought, a chance to wear my best suit too. I am happy for them both."

I had this issue. I split with a boyfriend of a couple of years.when he moved to Scotland for work. Our relationship had gradually ended up being friends who slept together so we decided it wasn't worth trying to maintain a long distance relationship.

Within a month of him moving he started something with a mutual friend of ours who was still on Sheffield - he hadn't missed me but he missed her. When they married six months later lots of people told me I should turn down the invite, that they'd only sent one to be polite.

I disagreed. I spent more than two years very close to this man, if he invited me it's cos he wanted me there. I had no hard feelings or regrets - we would never have married. So it was easy to be happy for them and to share their joy and celebrations.

Remember that every invite represents money they're having to spend. Why invite people they are hoping will say no?

over a year ago

"She sees you as a friend, nothing more. And she wants her friend there to help her celebrate.

Go, enjoy and be happy for them "

this completely - not sure why you would feel strange

By *uby0000Woman
over a year ago

hertfordshire

go and be happy for them

over a year ago

Ask her for one last sympathy shag

over a year ago

Lol, cheers Mysteriousguy, but she is strictly out of bounds, she has told me several times before.

By *bi HaiveMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Cheeseville, Somerset

"She sees you as a friend, nothing more. And she wants her friend there to help her celebrate.

Go, enjoy and be happy for them

this completely - not sure why you would feel strange "

This!

Why would it feel strange?

A

Post new Message to Thread