Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Solar Eclipse Friday

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

A near total eclipse will happen on Friday beginning around 8.30am for like two hours.

The sun will be covered by the moon and have greater coverage the further north you are.

In London say 84% of sun will be covered while in Edinburgh say 93% covered.

The last one was in 1999 and I remember it well. Getting a bj as it went down

Who's gonna be out watching on Friday?

Just remember and not look directly at it as it really will damage your eyes. I used a mirror last time but is no proper way to _iew it, sun glasses are useless apart from the high altitude glasses they better but still not good enough

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"A near total eclipse will happen on Friday beginning around 8.30am for like two hours.

The sun will be covered by the moon and have greater coverage the further north you are.

In London say 84% of sun will be covered while in Edinburgh say 93% covered.

The last one was in 1999 and I remember it well. Getting a bj as it went down

Who's gonna be out watching on Friday?

Just remember and not look directly at it as it really will damage your eyes. I used a mirror last time but is no proper way to _iew it, sun glasses are useless apart from the high altitude glasses

they better but still not good enough"

With a mirror?

over a year ago

"

With a mirror? "

That's what done in 99 seemed fine.

Stood with sun behind me and held up a mirror in front of me and watched the eclipse in that. Didn't seem bright..most people around me just looked with naked eyes...but this will damage your eyes.

Is no proper way to _iew it safely so been told

over a year ago

Welding goggles perhaps is one my mate said but not sure they good enough either. Anyone know?

By *ucky1Man
over a year ago

a straightjacket

Could always point a digital camera at it and watch through the lcd screen

over a year ago

I started an eclipse thread about 5 hours ago!! Yes welding glasses are fine, mine are at the ready, hopefully the clouds will be kind!

over a year ago

That paper you get with quality street chocolates! Forgot what it is called!

over a year ago

"I started an eclipse thread about 5 hours ago!! Yes welding glasses are fine, mine are at the ready, hopefully the clouds will be kind! "

I can't find anything that says welding glasses or goggles are good enough. What makes you say so?

I was always told to use a mirror and like said did in 99 and was fine

over a year ago

"I started an eclipse thread about 5 hours ago!! Yes welding glasses are fine, mine are at the ready, hopefully the clouds will be kind! "

Did you. Oh sorry. Never seen it and thought no one discussed it.

So the weather says...south west will be clearest in UK, yet south west will only get about 79% or summit around that

over a year ago

"Could always point a digital camera at it and watch through the lcd screen "

Doh! Why I never thought of that. Good one!!

over a year ago

I ordered solar glasses off ebay 4 for a tenner..... They are what's recommended

over a year ago

"I ordered solar glasses off ebay 4 for a tenner..... They are what's recommended "

For a tenner..made in china..expect offer little or no protection tbh. Likely waste of money as is no real products for _iewing as such and all the sunglasses people sell like they did in Cornwall in 99 offer zero protection. I'd question anything for a tenner.

The laser goggles on eBay are like £50 so doubt anything at £10 is going to do shit I'm afraid.

over a year ago

A welding mask should be fine, - overkill, I'd imagine - but anything made in China shouldn't be underestimated, the 70's have gone!

By *ere-for-my-convenienceWoman
over a year ago

West Midlands

I'll be watching

Not giving a bj lol

Some things are just more important

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"Welding goggles perhaps is one my mate said but not sure they good enough either. Anyone know?"

Yes, used them in '99. Luckily I was working near the mechanics workshop that day and managed to get a replacement glass for a welder's mask

over a year ago

im v tired so excuse me if this as daft as it sounds - but didnt we watch through a piece of paper with a tiny hole in last time ???

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

Another way of _iewing it is to cut a small circular hole in a piece of card and hold it above a piece of white paper, when the moon starts its transit, it will be visible on the white paper

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"im v tired so excuse me if this as daft as it sounds - but didnt we watch through a piece of paper with a tiny hole in last time ??? "

Ah sorry, didn't see your post

over a year ago

"im v tired so excuse me if this as daft as it sounds - but didnt we watch through a piece of paper with a tiny hole in last time ??? "

.......please contact me next week, I'm doing a special on white sticks!!

over a year ago

"im v tired so excuse me if this as daft as it sounds - but didnt we watch through a piece of paper with a tiny hole in last time ???

.......please contact me next week, I'm doing a special on white sticks!! "

and ive got penis enlargers and virgina tighteners for sale 10% off for fab users! get here before sunset

By *trawberry-popWoman
over a year ago

South East Midlands NOT

Well, I just hope the cloud clears up by then! I'll pull over on my journey to work. I think sunglasses is the closest i'll get to eye protection though.

over a year ago

"A near total eclipse will happen on Friday beginning around 8.30am for like two hours.

"

Don't tell me Susan Boyle is bending over (joking before anyone gets offended)

By *he tactile technicianMan
over a year ago

the good lands, the bad lands, the any where you may want me lands

"Well, I just hope the cloud clears up by then! I'll pull over on my journey to work. I think sunglasses is the closest i'll get to eye protection though. "
you mean you won't have your welding mask at the ready? Oh I am so disappointed

over a year ago

"im v tired so excuse me if this as daft as it sounds - but didnt we watch through a piece of paper with a tiny hole in last time ???

Ah sorry, didn't see your post "

over a year ago

Don't tell me Susan Boyle is bending over (joking before anyone gets offended) "

Pmsl good one dude

over a year ago

Yep I am hoping it wont be cloudy...x heading up the hills to watch it..

over a year ago

"Yep I am hoping it wont be cloudy...x heading up the hills to watch it.. "

Good choice. The pentands? Or campsie? Or have other hills in mind.

Yeah you should have about 93% coverage in central Scotland.

Right up north, top Scotland by dunnet head. Its supposed to be 97% so Orkney etc maybe close to full.

Hope its not cloudy for you

over a year ago

"Another way of _iewing it is to cut a small circular hole in a piece of card and hold it above a piece of white paper, when the moon starts its transit, it will be visible on the white paper "

I am hoping to be able to do this with the children at work, although they are only aged 2 so they might not be interested for long but at least we will be outside and they can play while we watch it go a bit dark (and keep an eye on the children at the same time)

over a year ago

Looking forward yo this .remember the last one.it was very eiry I think that's how you spell it lol

over a year ago

If the weather is like this the sun won't be visible

By *abes in the woodWoman
over a year ago

wales

Will have to look out for this really nice

By *rcticFoxxxWoman
over a year ago

Hereabouts

Was the last one seriously in 1999?!

over a year ago

"Was the last one seriously in 1999?! "

yep

By *onbons_xxMan
over a year ago

Bolton

This is a fine reason to Iplayer the Countryfile weather report rock n roll I know but getting geekily excited.

By *bovethekneeCouple
over a year ago

Hampshire / Herefordshire

Forecast look cloudy down south so we will probably just get dark. Great to hear all the birds think it is morning again and break into song.

Don't use a mirror to look at it as it reflects way too much light into your eyes.

By *rcticFoxxxWoman
over a year ago

Hereabouts

"Was the last one seriously in 1999?!

yep"

I remember it.. But I was so young at the time. Feels like yesterday

over a year ago

"Was the last one seriously in 1999?! "

Yeah sure was remember it well. Went Cornwall to watch it then. Was a great day and had a wonderful bj while watched it. Don't think the giver saw much lol then went to a party afterwards well into eve was great!!

over a year ago

"Forecast look cloudy down south so we will probably just get dark. Great to hear all the birds think it is morning again and break into song.

Don't use a mirror to look at it as it reflects way too much light into your eyes."

Will be clear in west

A mirror is what used in 99 it was fine. Is no real safe way to _iew so each to their own, but one post about using a digital camera and watch the screen of that seems like best idea to me. Had a digi back in 99 but wasn't very good which prob why didn't think of using at the time

over a year ago

Got better things to do than sit watching the sun

over a year ago

Making your own pin hole camera is the safest method of watching it. Sunglasses don't have enough protection and as for using cameras you could burn out the sensor if you don't use a good filter lens.

I hope it's not too cloudy on Friday

over a year ago

"Another way of _iewing it is to cut a small circular hole in a piece of card and hold it above a piece of white paper, when the moon starts its transit, it will be visible on the white paper

I am hoping to be able to do this with the children at work, although they are only aged 2 so they might not be interested for long but at least we will be outside and they can play while we watch it go a bit dark (and keep an eye on the children at the same time)"

Be good for kids yes. However at that age even looking at it for seconds will damage their eyes. It really is very dangerous to look at it with naked eyes even as an adult. I guess will be hard to stop them from looking at it, its over 2 hours, so maybe could do it one time or small groups so can be properly supervised as truly not a good idea to chance a kid looking a bit unprotected. Hope that helps

over a year ago

"Got better things to do than sit watching the sun "

Or read it!

over a year ago

Finally a use for my ND8 filters and my new Telephoto lens.

over a year ago

"Making your own pin hole camera is the safest method of watching it. Sunglasses don't have enough protection and as for using cameras you could burn out the sensor if you don't use a good filter lens.

I hope it's not too cloudy on Friday "

Got DSL and yes forgot to say about filter but having looked on the net about it, don't think most camera will be an issue these days. Maybe few years ago but not now and not on dsl's

over a year ago

"Got better things to do than sit watching the sun

Or read it! "

I'd never read the sun

Use it as an emergency asswipe maybe

over a year ago

"Making your own pin hole camera is the safest method of watching it. Sunglasses don't have enough protection and as for using cameras you could burn out the sensor if you don't use a good filter lens.

Got DSL and yes forgot to say about filter but having looked on the net about it, don't think most camera will be an issue these days. Maybe few years ago but not now and not on dsl's"

If you use use a Neutral Density filter (at least an ND8 upward, I'm seeing recommendations of an ND64, which is a 6 stop filter) then you can balance out your exposure and pick up the coronal detail etc.

over a year ago

Got DSL and yes forgot to say about filter but having looked on the net about it, don't think most camera will be an issue these days. Maybe few years ago but not now and not on dsl's

If you use use a Neutral Density filter (at least an ND8 upward, I'm seeing recommendations of an ND64, which is a 6 stop filter) then you can balance out your exposure and pick up the coronal detail etc. "

Have you ever used an adjustable ND filter?

Been looking at shiny things to spend money on

By *ensualtouch15Man
over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

"Another way of _iewing it is to cut a small circular hole in a piece of card and hold it above a piece of white paper, when the moon starts its transit, it will be visible on the white paper "

This is a good way

Arc welding visor is also good

DO NOT USE A MIRROR

DO NOT USE A MIRROR

DO NOT USE A MIRROR

over a year ago

If you use use a Neutral Density filter (at least an ND8 upward, I'm seeing recommendations of an ND64, which is a 6 stop filter) then you can balance out your exposure and pick up the coronal detail etc.

Have you ever used an adjustable ND filter?

Been looking at shiny things to spend money on "

No, I cant say I have. I bought a relatively cheap set of ND filters off Ebay, just the screw in sort.

By *edfred77Couple
over a year ago

warrington

Think it will be best to watch it on the news later in the day lol...or buy the dvd

over a year ago

"Another way of _iewing it is to cut a small circular hole in a piece of card and hold it above a piece of white paper, when the moon starts its transit, it will be visible on the white paper

This is a good way

Arc welding visor is also good

DO NOT USE A MIRROR

DO NOT USE A MIRROR

DO NOT USE A MIRROR"

do use a mirror and project it onto something else.

a welders mask is only good if the lense is a number 14.

i copied this from nasa site:

Experts suggests that one widely available filter for safe solar _iewing is number 14 welder's glass. It is imperative that the welding hood houses a #14 or darker filter. Do not _iew through any welding glass if you do not know or cannot discern its shade number. Be advised that arc welders typically use glass with a shade much less than the necessary #14. A welding glass that permits you to see the landscape is not safe. Inexpensive Eclipse Shades have special safety filters that appear similar to sunglasses, but these filters permits safe _iewing

over a year ago

and also from nasa....

Telescopes with Solar Filters -- The transit of Venus is best _iewed directly when magnified, which demands a telescope with a solar filter. A filtered, magnified _iew will clearly show the planet Venus and sunspots (http://skyandtelescope.com/observing/objects/sun/article_101_1.asp). Never look through a telescope without a solar filter on the large end of the scope. And never use small solar filters that attach to the eyepiece (as found in some older, cheaper telescopes.) See "Solar Filters" as cited above for retailers.

Pinhole projectors -- These are a safe, indirect _iewing technique for observing an image of the Sun. While popular for _iewing solar eclipses, pinhole projectors suffer from the same shortcomings as unmagnified _iews when Venus approaches the edges of the Sun. Small features like the halo around Venus will not likely be discernible.

over a year ago

"Welding goggles perhaps is one my mate said but not sure they good enough either. Anyone know?"

this is what I used for 99

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

I'll be in the office

over a year ago

I am hoping to be able to do this with the children at work, although they are only aged 2 so they might not be interested for long but at least we will be outside and they can play while we watch it go a bit dark (and keep an eye on the children at the same time)

Be good for kids yes. However at that age even looking at it for seconds will damage their eyes. It really is very dangerous to look at it with naked eyes even as an adult. I guess will be hard to stop them from looking at it, its over 2 hours, so maybe could do it one time or small groups so can be properly supervised as truly not a good idea to chance a kid looking a bit unprotected. Hope that helps"

I wasn't going to let them look at the sun, they were going to look at the shadow on the white paper caused by the light coming thru the hole as the eclipse happens .... why on earth did you think i would let children in my care look directly at the sun !!!

over a year ago

they only fine if the glass is number 14 or above according to nasa web site, so most welders glasses/goggles are no good

over a year ago

Be good for kids yes. However at that age even looking at it for seconds will damage their eyes. It really is very dangerous to look at it with naked eyes even as an adult. I guess will be hard to stop them from looking at it, its over 2 hours, so maybe could do it one time or small groups so can be properly supervised as truly not a good idea to chance a kid looking a bit unprotected. Hope that helps

I wasn't going to let them look at the sun, they were going to look at the shadow on the white paper caused by the light coming thru the hole as the eclipse happens .... why on earth did you think i would let children in my care look directly at the sun !!!"

im not saying you was, but kids will be kids and my mate said his kid looked at it even though told not too

over a year ago

are some real weird people on here.

why send me a message following this post and ask questions, then block me so cant answer

over a year ago

Stargazing live on bbc2 now.

over a year ago

I will definitely watch m, I missed the full eclipse back in 1999 as I was in America where there was no such phenomenon!!

Though knowing my luck it will probably piss it down and the sun won't be visible lol

over a year ago

"I will definitely watch m, I missed the full eclipse back in 1999 as I was in America where there was no such phenomenon!!

Though knowing my luck it will probably piss it down and the sun won't be visible lol "

Sorry to hear you missed it in '99.

Hopefully this time you'll see it. If not sure will be on tv internet and every other media form after said event.. know not the same. But hopefully ull see it.

over a year ago

Well the sea mist is solid here inland seems just as cloudy. 30 mins till start. Don't look like I'm getting to see it after all. Well guess is hope mist will clear in the 2 hrs of the event.

Hope its clear for others this morning and least someone gets a good clear _iew

over a year ago

Just as cloudy here.. weather is a bollox :L

over a year ago

Crystal clear here and a perfect _iew starting shortly

over a year ago

Fck it's cold, - is it okay to pull my trousers up yet?

over a year ago

Clear skies here too, although Sod's law I'll be driving when it happens !

Warning - don't wank whilst looking at the eclipse with your naked eye or you really will go blind !

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 20/03/15 08:35:42]

over a year ago

"Clear skies here too, although Sod's law I'll be driving when it happens !

Warning - don't wank whilst looking at the eclipse with your naked eye or you really will go blind ! "

Hahah......

over a year ago

It has already started and I will miss it, bbc1 is showing it live

By *inaTitzTV/TS
over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

Warning - don't wank whilst looking at the eclipse with your naked eye or you really will go blind ! "

over a year ago

Clear bit from here just had call. Starting. Going to clear skies. Sounds like some of you have a great _iew

over a year ago

Just took my first photo! Looking awesome gonna get some great shots

over a year ago

Can't see a thing here

over a year ago

Watching it on BBC now

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
over a year ago

in Lancashire

"Can't see a thing here "

ditto, does feel a bit colder though..

By *andomfodCouple
over a year ago

walsall

Perfect weather here. Looking through my phone camera.

B

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

"Just took my first photo! Looking awesome gonna get some great shots "

I'm not too far from West Brom, but it's still bright here. Think it's over a 90% eclipse we're getting. Afraid to look up just now, as want to protect my eyes, though know the techniques, when it lands - or should that be 'skies' here.

By *andomfodCouple
over a year ago

walsall

"Just took my first photo! Looking awesome gonna get some great shots

I'm not too far from West Brom, but it's still bright here. Think it's over a 90% eclipse we're getting. Afraid to look up just now, as want to protect my eyes, though know the techniques, when it lands - or should that be 'skies' here."

Can't find a colander lol!

over a year ago

Couldn't be much better here in N Wales.

unexpectedly clear skies. ..

Can feel it starting to go a bit dimmer already

By *iss_Samantha_LovecockTV/TS
over a year ago

bmth /poole sometimes blandford

too cloudy in north dorset...cant even see the sun

over a year ago

It's cloudy here

over a year ago

"Couldn't be much better here in N Wales.

unexpectedly clear skies. ..

Can feel it starting to go a bit dimmer already "

Its an weird feeling x

over a year ago

"It's cloudy here "

Any meatballs ?

over a year ago

It's getting dark here muhahahah...

over a year ago

"It's cloudy here

Any meatballs ? "

over a year ago

Just turned on tv.. Has it happened yet??

By *abes in the woodWoman
over a year ago

wales

Sunny here but I think sun dropping abite now

over a year ago

Can't see a blooming thing here , bloody clouds.

over a year ago

10 minutes to go in B'ham

over a year ago

By *urvymamaWoman
over a year ago

Doncaster

glorious bright sunny day at my end so no sign ot happening

over a year ago

"glorious bright sunny day at my end so no sign ot happening"

You can't really see it more feel it

over a year ago

Thanks for that.

I'm looking at it (& wanking) through a welding mask, so my eyes are fine.

.........but I burnt my willy with the welder!

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

it is really clear on the East Coast of Scotland

By *urvymamaWoman
over a year ago

Doncaster

"glorious bright sunny day at my end so no sign ot happening

You can't really see it more feel it "

Doncaster was supposed to be pne of the highest risk areas for the eclipse and its related toxic smog theres seriously nothing here. Though i do live mor towards the lincolnshire side of donny

over a year ago

By eck, the nights are fair drawing in huh!

over a year ago

nothing here either (Suffolk/Norfolk border) apart from cloud!!!! very disappointing, however it is getting darker.

over a year ago

Light starting to dim in the Midlands

over a year ago

birds are going mad here,quite eerie

over a year ago

The birds are still twittering here, but expecting them to go quiet soon

over a year ago

It is really strange here now.. my cats are going mad.

.And its dark and eerie xx

over a year ago

Crystal clear sky here.. It's starting to darken

over a year ago

"It is really strange here now.. my cats are going mad.

.And its dark and eerie xx "

My cats are asleep lol

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

gutted its so cloudy here... but thats the newcastle way... is getting really dark though.... the last time i remember it getting this dark during the day was when we had the super thunderstorms a couple a years back

over a year ago

were allll doomed

over a year ago

Feeling a lot colder here as the sun goes.

over a year ago

My washing on the line isn't going to dry like this

over a year ago

Cloudy here so a total anti-climax, real shame.

over a year ago

"gutted its so cloudy here... but thats the newcastle way... is getting really dark though.... the last time i remember it getting this dark during the day was when we had the super thunderstorms a couple a years back"

That's the British way. I went to Penzance for the 1999 total eclipse and had a lovely _iew of total cloud cover

over a year ago

Getting brighter here now but the temperature must have dropped 10°c during the eclipse - its damn cold!!

By *andomfodCouple
over a year ago

walsall

the sun didn't get covered at all here! What a let down the one in 99 was far more climactic

over a year ago

Well that was a complete and utter let down ... sun was out loads stood watching ... and nothing ... went a bit darker but couldn't see anything

By *andomfodCouple
over a year ago

walsall

Yeah so much for 90 percent coverage. Glad it wasn't just me!

over a year ago

Managed to get some good footage through my telescope

Much better than '99 as that was rained off

over a year ago

"Getting brighter here now but the temperature must have dropped 10°c during the eclipse - its damn cold!!"

Just remember that you're standing on a planet that's evolving

And revolving at nine hundred miles an hour.

That's orbiting at nineteen miles a second, so it's reckoned,

A sun that is the source of all our power.

Aye went a bit nippy for ten minutes there.

over a year ago

things got a little bit darker, more like heavy black thunderstorm cloud cover, totally shit really

By *andomfodCouple
over a year ago

walsall

The 99 one was far better for me! The sun's shape didn't change at all here! Started to wonder whether there was a secret sun that eclipsed lol!!

over a year ago

Spectacular here ..!!!

By *urvymamaWoman
over a year ago

Doncaster

spent the whole duration in my gloriously sunny backgarden in a sun dress while the kids played. clear skies and perfect _iew of the sun the whole time

over a year ago

Was cloudy here and the only variation was like with heavy cloud. But the TV coverage was great

over a year ago

Managed to get some good photos in breaks in cloud. Was no way near as good as '99 but least got to see it.

I wonder how far north in Scotland people due to get close to 100%

Noticed like most the slight darkness, the birds going bonkers like its morning again and did seem lot colder but was cold anyway.

Glad some of us least got to see something. Be in all the press anyway I'm sure if anyone did miss out

By *andomfodCouple
over a year ago

walsall

"spent the whole duration in my gloriously sunny backgarden in a sun dress while the kids played. clear skies and perfect _iew of the sun the whole time"

Same here. Sat in a lawn chair took loads of pics and they're all the same lol

over a year ago

The photos from aberdeen are really good of the clear full eclipse but where we are its not so good, sad we cant see it here

over a year ago

Well that was entirely underwhelming here!

over a year ago

"Getting brighter here now but the temperature must have dropped 10°c during the eclipse - its damn cold!!.

Aye went a bit nippy for ten minutes there. "

That's a bit heavy for this time of the morning, hold on, let me make a strong cuppa................. or was that a meaning of life song?

By *aeriequeenWoman
over a year ago

Manchester

Saw it pretty well here, even well enough to take a few pics

over a year ago

Has it happened already ? That's what she said

By *icentiousCouple
over a year ago

Up on them there hills

Well that confused the crap out of the birds......

over a year ago

Well that was shite lol. Don't know why I bothered getting up.

By *one IdolMan
over a year ago

your imagination

Cloud covered the buggers here

Went a bit dull

Got a bit cauld

Birds went a bit potty

World didny end

Hugely disappointing

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

[Removed by poster at 20/03/15 11:02:12]

By *ossnsecretaryCouple
over a year ago

Epsom

"gutted its so cloudy here... but thats the newcastle way... is getting really dark though.... the last time i remember it getting this dark during the day was when we had the super thunderstorms a couple a years back

That's the British way. I went to Penzance for the 1999 total eclipse and had a lovely _iew of total cloud cover "

Had the same anti-climactic feeling in Penzance in '99 so went to Africa for 2001. It was amazing.

Telegraph Travel article compares a 99.5% eclipse as a peck on the cheek compared to a full on night of passion for totality. I have to say I agree!

Considering heading to the USA in Aug 2017

over a year ago

"gutted its so cloudy here... but thats the newcastle way... is getting really dark though.... the last time i remember it getting this dark during the day was when we had the super thunderstorms a couple a years back

That's the British way. I went to Penzance for the 1999 total eclipse and had a lovely _iew of total cloud cover

Had the same anti-climactic feeling in Penzance in '99 so went to Africa for 2001. It was amazing.

Telegraph Travel article compares a 99.5% eclipse as a peck on the cheek compared to a full on night of passion for totality. I have to say I agree!

Considering heading to the USA in Aug 2017 "

Envy you. Never seen a clear total eclipse. We might do the USA, too, as I think the next UK total eclipse is 75 years away - and even if we're on some age-defying drug by then, the weather will probably still be cloudy

over a year ago

Well nature has cheated me again:

Halleys comet 1986, sat on top of the Malvern Hills cloudy the whole time.

1998 total eclipse working outside, camera ready, went dark, couldn't see anything through thick cloud.

Today camera pointed at The Sun, shining away, switched on camera on a tripod, cloud come over apart from a few minutes of HD of a obscured eclipse, nothing. Now the sun has got his hat on, bollocks.

over a year ago

"Getting brighter here now but the temperature must have dropped 10°c during the eclipse - its damn cold!!.

Aye went a bit nippy for ten minutes there.

That's a bit heavy for this time of the morning, hold on, let me make a strong cuppa................. or was that a meaning of life song? "

So remember, when you're feeling very small and insecure,

How amazingly unlikely is your birth,

And pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space,

'Cause there's bugger all down here on Earth.

By *ossnsecretaryCouple
over a year ago

Epsom

"

Envy you. Never seen a clear total eclipse. We might do the USA, too, as I think the next UK total eclipse is 75 years away - and even if we're on some age-defying drug by then, the weather will probably still be cloudy "

Perhaps we should travel together! Lots of excitement that way!

over a year ago

"

Envy you. Never seen a clear total eclipse. We might do the USA, too, as I think the next UK total eclipse is 75 years away - and even if we're on some age-defying drug by then, the weather will probably still be cloudy

Perhaps we should travel together! Lots of excitement that way! "

I foresee a totally dirty eclipse

Post new Message to Thread