Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Traditional British values

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Inspired by the notion that a 2 blokes family or IVF is the root cause of the modern world's ills just what are the traditional values that bind society together?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Inspired by the notion that a 2 blokes family or IVF is the root cause of the modern world's ills just what are the traditional values that bind society together?

"

Errrrrrrrm, if it's traditionally British, do I get any points for saying 'not invading other countries & butchery'?

......thought not, sorry

over a year ago

Everyone did the invading lark, we were just better at it.

over a year ago

"Everyone did the invading lark, we were just better at it. "
when? Even Gandhi kicked ass!!

over a year ago

I think the main one is needing other people as well as being able to be relied on yourself.

Bonding with each other based on positive experiences and interactions.

Trust.

Empathy and being able to understand others so that you can accept them.

Being able to communicate with each other.

Not allowing certain elements to become to large or threatening.

I think the main cause of modern ills is ignorance. Ignorance of facts, ignorance of others around you, ignorance of reality, ignorance that hate is caused by your own fears and inability to overcome them, ignorance of what matters and what doesn't, and ignorance that you can get out there and discover the truth for yourself and don't need telling what's real and what isn't.

over a year ago

None of the above are traditionally British traits though, they're human traits. Forgot what the topic was about i spent that long thinking about the answer.

over a year ago

"None of the above are traditionally British traits though, they're human traits. Forgot what the topic was about i spent that long thinking about the answer."

I'm not entirely sure of the question either, - I just chucked the line in hoping for the inevitable bite!

over a year ago

"None of the above are traditionally British traits though, they're human traits. Forgot what the topic was about i spent that long thinking about the answer.

I'm not entirely sure of the question either, - I just chucked the line in hoping for the inevitable bite! "

My reply was just coz i forgot the topic was about tradional british values and hadn't mentioned it, i focused more on the community aspect in his question.

I don't believe in nationalism as being a good or true idea myself. No such thing as british apart from your position on this planet at the time you were given a certificate to say so.

over a year ago

Banners n mash

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

What about tutting?, you just don't hear a good tut in the queue anymore.

over a year ago

Drinking Danish beer of a weekend before having a kebab or a curry. You can't get more british than that.

over a year ago

Ahhh...I assume this is following on from the drama queen thread!

over a year ago

queueing - not sure how many u's and e's there should be and cant be arsed to lookit up

sx

over a year ago

"Drinking Danish beer of a weekend before having a kebab or a curry. You can't get more british than that. "

Belgian is good - or Guinness, - even better ......... then sausages in the morning, all washed down with some, errrrrrrrm, British tea!

over a year ago

friday nighter! get the drinks in!

over a year ago

Good old British fudge (and I am not talking about the le vice Anglais). Not insisting on principle but letting live and let live. That is why Lodon is special!

over a year ago

But also doing the right thing in face of the small minded and loyalty.

Post new Message to Thread