Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Yodel - World's Worst Delivery Service?

Jump to newest

By *oobsandballs OP   Man
over a year ago

st andrews

If there's another company that's worse than Yodel, I've yet to find them.

According to their website they left my parcel 'safe' on my porch on the 28th Feb. I don't have a porch, I live in a block of flats!

Can't wait for the customer service person to explain that one to me tomorrow!

Irritatingly it means that my Winter Soldier costume won't have a mask this weekend, so instead I'll ladle on the smoky eye makeup!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Yodel is shite!

over a year ago

st andrews

There should be an award for how spectacularly shite they are. It really is award worthy.

over a year ago

A previous employer of mine had a contract with yodel to deliver televisions etc and we had no end of trouble.

over a year ago

I used to work for a delivery company and this happened often.

It could be an input error, or the address on the label was wrong.

Most times the driver has left it at the wrong place.

Contact the company you ordered it from. They are the ones who need to chase the delivery. They will either refund you or replace the item and then claim from Yodel.

over a year ago

had yodel today from amazon were quick two days early.

over a year ago

st andrews

"I used to work for a delivery company and this happened often.

Contact the company you ordered it from. They are the ones who need to chase the delivery. They will either refund you or replace the item and then claim from Yodel."

I've informed the seller (from eBay) what has happened and said I'll let them know what a Yodel say tomorrow, then pass it into their hands.

There's no way I can get a replacement mask in time, so I'd better get my money back! It wasn't cheap.

over a year ago

They fucked up my flower delivery to my mother in law and I've been getting grief ever since so I'm not a fan right now. But the guy who usually delivers stuff to me up here is great, it's really hit and miss.

By *rcticFoxxxWoman
over a year ago

Hereabouts

Yodel delivered my TV last year... My buzzed him into the building and I saw him dragging the tv across the floor and it was hitting all the corners and bouncing off the bumps on the floor. The whole screen was smashed

over a year ago

st andrews

"They fucked up my flower delivery to my mother in law and I've been getting grief ever since so I'm not a fan right now. But the guy who usually delivers stuff to me up here is great, it's really hit and miss."

Yep, did the same to a friend on Sunday, she's livid

By *ikeC2012Man
over a year ago

Peterborough

"If there's another company that's worse than Yodel, I've yet to find them.

According to their website they left my parcel 'safe' on my porch on the 28th Feb. I don't have a porch, I live in a block of flats!

Irritatingly it means that my Winter Soldier costume won't have a mask this weekend, so instead I'll ladle on the smoky eye makeup! "

Yes, they awful

over a year ago

st andrews

"Yodel delivered my TV last year... My buzzed him into the building and I saw him dragging the tv across the floor and it was hitting all the corners and bouncing off the bumps on the floor. The whole screen was smashed "

Woah! Did you get a replacement?

over a year ago

"I used to work for a delivery company and this happened often.

Contact the company you ordered it from. They are the ones who need to chase the delivery. They will either refund you or replace the item and then claim from Yodel.

I've informed the seller (from eBay) what has happened and said I'll let them know what a Yodel say tomorrow, then pass it into their hands.

There's no way I can get a replacement mask in time, so I'd better get my money back! It wasn't cheap."

ALWAYS get a name of the person you spoke to.

Often queries will get put in the bin if the person on the phone doesn't ask their name.

Also, be relentless with them giving you information - give them time limits and keep chasing - pass that in the the ebay guy also and contact the ebay resolution centre so the situation is logged.

over a year ago

Yodal are ~ok~

I use Hermes mostly as it's just so frikking convenient.

over a year ago

"Yodel delivered my TV last year... My buzzed him into the building and I saw him dragging the tv across the floor and it was hitting all the corners and bouncing off the bumps on the floor. The whole screen was smashed "

I've seen many a parcel being thrown about at depots. I know how some companies handle their goods.

I've witnessed TVs being thrown into vans, goods thrown off vans etc.

You'd be surprised how goods are handled.

over a year ago

st andrews

"ALWAYS get a name of the person you spoke to.

Often queries will get put in the bin if the person on the phone doesn't ask their name.

Also, be relentless with them giving you information - give them time limits and keep chasing - pass that in the the ebay guy also and contact the ebay resolution centre so the situation is logged."

Usually most people say their name when you call, I always write it down on the document I'm calling about.

I will do, thanks. It's just a shame as the mask was pretty spot on to what Bucky wears, it would have looked great. Couldn't find any others at a decent price that looked similar

over a year ago

st andrews

"Yodel delivered my TV last year... My buzzed him into the building and I saw him dragging the tv across the floor and it was hitting all the corners and bouncing off the bumps on the floor. The whole screen was smashed

I've seen many a parcel being thrown about at depots. I know how some companies handle their goods.

You'd be surprised how goods are handled."

Oh, I'm not. I've seen it too. Writing 'fragile' on something is a sure way for it to end up in bits.

over a year ago

Having used lots of courier companies.

My personal experience is that most are rubbish. I know city link has now gone out of business but when they did operate I thought them and TNT to be the best.

Id say the worst of them all is UPS. They maybe ok in states where they the main carrier, but here in UK they mostly use contractors. Who one don't care about your item and two the drivers are rude and clearly no customer skills what so ever.

Down in the west the whole outfit is run by cowboys.

Look at the reviews on the Exeter depot on Google. Is loads all with one star, all complain how rude the drivers are and what a joke the customer service is. Not one person says the company is good on there.

Not had any experience of yodel but I fink they employ people part time mainly and drivers quite often use their own cars rather than a van

over a year ago

Irritatingly it means that my Winter Soldier costume won't have a mask this weekend, so instead I'll ladle on the smoky eye makeup! "

The drivers work by sat nav. Often the postcode only gives a street and they need to find then. What happens when key your post code into a sat nav?

Does your flats come up?...or just the street?

Reason I ask...is that if its the street...or few houses in street. Look for similar number to your flat number or houses with porches. If I was you I'd then goto all those doors and ask if they have your package. Expect so and likely like most people wont have returned it...worth a try.

Might be lucky.

Hope that helps

over a year ago

"Yodel delivered my TV last year... My buzzed him into the building and I saw him dragging the tv across the floor and it was hitting all the corners and bouncing off the bumps on the floor. The whole screen was smashed

You'd be surprised how goods are handled."

the guys that get them

Jobs seem a reckless crew they spoil it for everyone else if not for their Clownish behaviour a lot more goods would get through..

over a year ago

st andrews

Irritatingly it means that my Winter Soldier costume won't have a mask this weekend, so instead I'll ladle on the smoky eye makeup!

The drivers work by sat nav. Often the postcode only gives a street and they need to find then. What happens when key your post code into a sat nav?

Does your flats come up?...or just the street?

Reason I ask...is that if its the street...or few houses in street. Look for similar number to your flat number or houses with porches. If I was you I'd then goto all those doors and ask if they have your package. Expect so and likely like most people wont have returned it...worth a try.

Might be lucky.

Hope that helps"

There are quite a few blocks of flats in my street, and none have porches. They do have a buzzer entry system and all have a plaque on the wall with the name of the building and the numbers, so it's not that hard to find. Mine is the first block as you come in anyway.

They said it was delivered 3 weeks ago, the chances of locating it are pretty slim.

over a year ago

They struggled to find my partners business address twice (because they couldn't be bothered to make the effort) as its a bit tricky to get to so took the goods back to the depot stipulating noone was available! Which was bullshit!

over a year ago

"

There are quite a few blocks of flats in my street, and none have porches. They do have a buzzer entry system and all have a plaque on the wall with the name of the building and the numbers, so it's not that hard to find. Mine is the first block as you come in anyway.

They said it was delivered 3 weeks ago, the chances of locating it are pretty slim."

I guess given this new info...my idea is pointless.

Shame.

Well let's hope the jokers in the customer services sort it out for you..

You should let us all know how you get on tomorrow after u phone them

over a year ago

"They struggled to find my partners business address twice (because they couldn't be bothered to make the effort) as its a bit tricky to get to so took the goods back to the depot stipulating noone was available! Which was bullshit! "

What company? Yodel again

over a year ago

st andrews

"

They said it was delivered 3 weeks ago, the chances of locating it are pretty slim.

I guess given this new info...my idea is pointless.

Shame.

Well let's hope the jokers in the customer services sort it out for you..

You should let us all know how you get on tomorrow after u phone them"

I will do, once I stop laughing and my blood pressure returns to normal!

over a year ago

i won't use yodel,but i have had things delivered by them,without any problem,i use collect+,never had a problem,and its tracked....

over a year ago

st andrews

I'm just glad the eBay seller put the tracking number on the item, otherwise I'd still be wondering where it was! No card either!

over a year ago

Yodel is known for this stuff where I used to work we would dispatch around 35 pallets per day to be delivered, and they would still turn up in a sprinter, we used to say that yodel stood for your order delivered extremely late lol

By *umpkinMan
over a year ago

near the sounds of the wimborne quarter jack!

Best one I heard of was on the telly. Parcel Farce left a card in someone's letter box saying their parcel had been put in the (empty) dustbin! It was dustbin day .........

over a year ago

st andrews

So I called Yodel this morning and spoke to a lady called Katrina, who said they would interview the driver and find out what happened, and will call me back.

She said that they were permitted to leave items in a safe place. When I queried who they were permitted by, she said the suppliers say it's ok to leave a parcel without getting a signature if it's in a safe place.

I pointed out that I don't think leaving it in a close (if that's what he did) that people are constantly in and out of qualifies as safe, and nor is someone's bin as I've heard other people comment on.

So we'll see if I get a call back, and I can then pass it on the the seller, who has already said they'll sort out a replacement or refund.

And a couple of people attending the con have said they may have a mask that I can borrow

Post new Message to Thread