Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Branded clothing.

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Do you get putt off by people who wear certain types/brands of clothing?

I'm asking this as on Saturday night I wasn't aloud into a club because I had a stone island jumper on

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

Has Stone Island been associated with a certain type of person, like Burberry was for a time?

over a year ago

Used to be the 'gear' for a football hooligan, but nowadays not so much, most of the stuff the hooligans wear is fake anyhow lol

By *dventuroususCouple
over a year ago

sunderland

Stone island is renowned clothing of football hooligans, that teamed with it been Saturday night is probably the reason.

By * 4 youCouple
over a year ago

Lincoln

Had this happen to me a few times mate it's crazy your trouble if your trouble your jumper won't change a thing

By *dventuroususCouple
over a year ago

sunderland

"Used to be the 'gear' for a football hooligan, but nowadays not so much, most of the stuff the hooligans wear is fake anyhow lol "

still is.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"Used to be the 'gear' for a football hooligan, but nowadays not so much, most of the stuff the hooligans wear is fake anyhow lol "

Oh right. That shows how out of touch I am .

I tend to notice how people are dressed because I like clothes but I rarely notice brands and as has been shown I wouldn't know what they meant anyway

over a year ago

"Used to be the 'gear' for a football hooligan, but nowadays not so much, most of the stuff the hooligans wear is fake anyhow lol

still is."

I haven't seen it worm by the majority of football hooligans in a fair while now, main thing I see is armani now

By *inchyorksMan
over a year ago

huddersfield

Stone Island and Cp Compay, is still very popular with the hooligan eliminate, and not of that lands i know would touch fake stuff.

By *ikeC81Man
over a year ago

harrow

I wear a shirt and jumper plain shirt plain jumper stops any questions

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

The only time I've ever been refused entry from anywhere because of clothing is when I'm outside London.

Anything from no hats from a Witherspoons in Manchester to no football tops (my six year old son) from a cafe in Cardiff.

I find it very strange that these rules apply in provincial towns but not in the great metropolis.

By *ikeC81Man
over a year ago

harrow

Actually that is the same for me I gotbrefused from a club in brum midweek for wearing a pastel green too and black trousers and shoes that was late 90s

By *dventuroususCouple
over a year ago

sunderland

"Used to be the 'gear' for a football hooligan, but nowadays not so much, most of the stuff the hooligans wear is fake anyhow lol

still is.

I haven't seen it worm by the majority of football hooligans in a fair while now, main thing I see is armani now "

it is still very popular and the main brand of hooligans up and down the country, I travel everywhere with my team and its at every club I go to, and not much of it is fake, like I said if the team nearest to you were at home that day or the bouncer/doormen wasnt aware of fixtures he may have presumed you were a hooligan which is why you were refused entry.

By *dventuroususCouple
over a year ago

sunderland

"Actually that is the same for me I gotbrefused from a club in brum midweek for wearing a pastel green too and black trousers and shoes that was late 90s"

cant explain that one sorry.

over a year ago

"Stone Island and Cp Compay, is still very popular with the hooligan eliminate, and not of that lands i know would touch fake stuff."

This

Sadly down the villa I see them in these

over a year ago

"Stone Island and Cp Compay, is still very popular with the hooligan eliminate, and not of that lands i know would touch fake stuff.

This

Sadly down the villa I see them in these "

Very rarely I see it when I'm at a forrest game, but then again I don't spend much time looking at other blokes lol

over a year ago

I never get turned away with my ts on. Turned down, never turned away

over a year ago

"Stone Island and Cp Compay, is still very popular with the hooligan eliminate, and not of that lands i know would touch fake stuff.

This

Very rarely I see it when I'm at a forrest game, but then again I don't spend much time looking at other blokes lol"

The only reason I notice is after the game tops come off sweaterson

By *ikeC81Man
over a year ago

harrow

I am normally in colours at the match....red for all home games then depending on what our away kit is white/black/royal blue

By *iptopcoolMan
over a year ago

mid

Stone island is still very much considered hooligan clothing or wannabe hooligan hence why you was turned away .

You might not be one but you would of certainly come across as looking like one.

Wear primark stuff next time lol

over a year ago

ho flippin mad is this world getting - i will have my way soon - all go naked we come without labels Sx

over a year ago

"I am normally in colours at the match....red for all home games then depending on what our away kit is white/black/royal blue "

Leyton Orient ?

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

Is it me or is that stuff over-priced? Hundreds of quid for ok looking stuff, but nor exactly something that looks incredible.

I can't attest to football hooliganism - like others, I am a Villa follower, but don't go much, so not seen what the lads are wearing recently.

over a year ago

Overpriced? Maybe, but I like it, that's all that matters.

over a year ago

Yes and no, I guess lol. I know when my son and his mates go out clubbing in Cheltenham, they have to wear certain clothing otherwise they cannot get into any clubs as Cheltenham thinks its better than Gloucester

By *callycatMan
over a year ago

Mid Wales

Personally I'd never buy any item of clothing with writing or numbers on the outside.. My mother used to tell me if you could read the label I had got it on inside out.

By *ikeC81Man
over a year ago

harrow

"I am normally in colours at the match....red for all home games then depending on what our away kit is white/black/royal blue

Leyton Orient ? "

Man Utd actually

By *edangel_2013Woman
over a year ago

southend

"I am normally in colours at the match....red for all home games then depending on what our away kit is white/black/royal blue

Leyton Orient ? "

Nah, he's a tourist supporter. Man U!

over a year ago

"Personally I'd never buy any item of clothing with writing or numbers on the outside.. My mother used to tell me if you could read the label I had got it on inside out.

"

The jumper I was wearing had neither!, just a badege

over a year ago

Leyton Orient ?

Man Utd actually "

Oh , welcome to London. How are you settling in ?

By *dventuroususCouple
over a year ago

sunderland

This

Very rarely I see it when I'm at a forrest game, but then again I don't spend much time looking at other blokes lol"

hooligans dont tend to let it be seen to much around the ground.

over a year ago

Brands can give such an impression. I prefer to wear clothes that have no clear brand. Regardless of how much they cost. I don't like being pigeon holed regardless.

That goes for fetish clothing too haha.

By *layfull pairingCouple
over a year ago

Bristol

I often wear cp company or stone island.... And i bloody hate football... I didnt realise i had to join a "firm".... Dammit......

over a year ago

"Brands can give such an impression. I prefer to wear clothes that have no clear brand. Regardless of how much they cost. I don't like being pigeon holed regardless.

That goes for fetish clothing too haha."

I agree in the main but am a label whore to a certain degree

Oakley glasses and I only wear Newrock boots an shoes....

The rest I try to actively purchase without logos or labels...

Had to google the clothing above coz I'd never heard of it... Looks like the stuff Tesco sell to me but with a little compass badge on it... I'm amazed bouncers are that observant...

over a year ago

But oakleys and newrocks are iconic in themselves. They are known for what they are.

Other brands are so ubiquitous they may as well be the same thing.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

I have a Burberry raincoat, its about thirty years old but so well made that its still very wearable. I think its the only recognisable branded clothing I own. It was hugely expensive, 10p at a jumble sale run by my kids playgroup

By *agan_PairCouple
over a year ago

portchester

The badges on these sudo "designer" brands are for one thing only to show other people how much you have spent (or not as the majority are from those tacky outlet stores)

A quality designer will let the quality of the garment sell itself without the need for free advertising emblazoned all over it.

over a year ago

Didn't know stone island was tacky

over a year ago

I'm not into fashion at all.

I buy jeans from next and my polo shirts from marks and spencer.

I only shop for clothes every two years or so, so I just keep wearing them until they literally fall apart, and I tend to buy the exact same things.

over a year ago

I love Stone Island and Cp company stuff, but don't think it is seen in the same way in Scotland as it's seen South of the border.

But judging/stereotyping someone by their taste in clothes is pretty pathetic as far as I'm concerned.

over a year ago

I love stone island and other designer brands and this is just typical to hear you would get knocked back because u wore stoney jumper.

I would next time take the badge off and once inside put it back on.

my profile pic on here is with a stoney jacket I wonder if that makes a difference finding the ladies lol

over a year ago

I would rather be shot dead than wear Stone Island.

I'm a fan of Hugo Boss.

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

I never realised there were so many football hooligan dress code experts on here

over a year ago

I don't like branded clothes....your essentially paying more just for the privilege of being a walking advert for them....if I'm advertising them, I want their products cheaper.

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

"Overpriced? Maybe, but I like it, that's all that matters."

I'm with you on that - if I love stuff, price gets a little overlooked. Our money is to please ourselves and we're worth it.

By *ere-for-my-convenienceWoman
over a year ago

West Midlands

Branded yes maybe

I'm not keen on umbro tracksuits and expensive trainers because often they're work by people who wouldn't know a gym if it landed on their head (A bit like me really)

I guess I'm saying I'm not into chavy clothes

All those people wearing knock off Burberry for example

Mind you if you turn up in a primark led Zeppelin t shirt and oils jeans I'm ok with that

Go figure

over a year ago

"Branded yes maybe

I'm not keen on umbro tracksuits and expensive trainers because often they're work by people who wouldn't know a gym if it landed on their head (A bit like me really)

I guess I'm saying I'm not into chavy clothes

All those people wearing knock off Burberry for example

Mind you if you turn up in a primark led Zeppelin t shirt and oils jeans I'm ok with that

Go figure "

no one can argue with a Led Zep t shirt

By *edangel_2013Woman
over a year ago

southend

I don't buy branded clothing. I'm happy shopping in Primark, Next and New Look. But my boots and trainers are always branded. My boots are always Timberland, because they give my arches fantastic support and my trainers are always Nike or Asic. Again for the good support whilst running.

By *lik and PaulCouple
over a year ago

Flagrante

"ho flippin mad is this world getting - i will have my way soon - all go naked we come without labels Sx"

over a year ago

"

But judging/stereotyping someone by their taste in clothes is pretty pathetic as far as I'm concerned. "

Far from pathetic from a doorman's perspective, its quite an effective way of keeping trouble out I've worked clubs with dress codes and clubs without I'm sure which I'd prefer to work.

By *icky999Man
over a year ago

warrington

Principles are only principles if you dont alter them at the slightest whim.

Change superdry to bbc, stone island to young single male, zarra to single female and d&g to gay.

Having said that you can tell alot about a person by the shoes they wear.

over a year ago

eh nope ,I don't judge folk on what they wear

By *aneandpaulCouple
over a year ago

cleveleys

Think we could be snobs with this we came from a hard working class back ground both did not have much our parents gave us what they could we both were the youngest of two so we got hand me down,s

We worked hard in life 40 year,s in the pub trade we buy nice thing,s It feel,s good to have nice cloth,s on all the time dress smart nice perfume and after shave. So if you have worked hard for it why not flaunt it like we do.

Sorry if we sound snobby

over a year ago

Went to the pub today in a different stone island hoody, got in no problems

over a year ago

Some stone island clobber is horrendous, massimo osti will be turning in his grave seeing what they push out these days. Just a slight variance on previous seasons. I wear the brand, worn it for years but for the past few years only bought the more interesting pieces such as shadow, ghost jackets and the white badge.

And don't get me started on CP ! What they've done recently is shocking. Rivetti must be laughing his cock off.

over a year ago

Southend have business cards printed out with the following written on it

Congratulations, You've just met the CS Crew (Southend United)

First we take your life

Then we take your wife

The Stone Island badge is located next to this writing..

I believe its still heavily involved with football.

over a year ago

Southend have business cards printed out with the following written on it

Congratulations, You've just met the CS Crew (Southend United)

First we take your life

Then we take your wife

The Stone Island badge is located next to this writing..

I believe its still heavily involved with football."

That's just embarrassing and rather cringeworthy

By *rank EinsteinMan
over a year ago

Burton upon stather

Saturday nights went downhill when they allowed trainers into clubs.

Wait for it....when I was a lad... . Shoes and shirt or no access

By *rank EinsteinMan
over a year ago

Burton upon stather

"Had this happen to me a few times mate it's crazy your trouble if your trouble your jumper won't change a thing "

Probably just the infamous bouncers picking a reason not to let him in, if they don't want you in they'll find a reason.

I got denied once for being "too d*unk" after 2 pints practically sober just before watching 2 lasses literally stumble in.

By *ikeC81Man
over a year ago

harrow

Bouncers will find any reason sometimes

Be it stonewashed jeans, wrong kind of shirt, no collar, no shoes, to d*unk, wrong kind of jacket.....seen and heard them all

Personal as long as your in black or smart navy jeans and a pale shirt with a collar and not to to d*unk with one or two women it's fine

over a year ago

never understood why footy hooligans spend £££££'s of pounds on clothing to go punch fuck out of each other and have it torn off them in fights

over a year ago

Me neither, fool and his money

By *layfullsamMan
over a year ago

Solihull

Depends which club the hooligans are associated with, the ones I know most certainly don't wear fake and spend hundreds on the right labels

I think its the little chavs that wear the fake gear

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

WHen I was back in the UK a while back I bought a nice roomy hangbag from TKMAXX

and admittedly it was not cheap, by TK's or any other standard. I never looked at the label just thought it was a nice bag.

Next thing I know I am standing at a motorway service station getting a coffee when the young girl behind the counter squeals out with delight "OMG you have got an MK"... which meant nothing to me.

She must have interpreted my puzzled look and explained that she really loved Michael Kors and wondered where I had bought it. It was only then that I realised that a "treasure" I was carrying...

Bottom line... I buy things I like not because they have a label. And tbh I cannot keep up with all the newly emerging labels and which ones are meant to be cool and which are not. I can just about keep up with D & G being boycotted by some but not by others...;-)

over a year ago

still is."

It still is and always has been , Stone roses and Oasis wore it too

By *izzy RascallMan
over a year ago

Cardiff

The last time I was into paying silly prices for clothes with little logos on, horses and crocdiles mainly was before I had a kid 15 years ago.

I can't afford it anymore - and neither do I feel Im missing out

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

Often its probably the same sweatshop and cloth, different badges and cuts.

Post new Message to Thread