Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Drama Queen.

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Elton john on the bbc news has just thrown a hissy fit because some fashion designer has said that children need both a mother and a father. Whatever happened to free speech.

(closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

That's not quite what they said!

Reply privately

By *uriousBristolCplCouple
over a year ago

Bristol

"Elton john on the bbc news has just thrown a hissy fit because some fashion designer has said that children need both a mother and a father. Whatever happened to free speech. "

That wasn't the reason!

Reply privately

over a year ago

"That's not quite what they said! "

What did they say? Not seen it

S x

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Elton john on the bbc news has just thrown a hissy fit because some fashion designer has said that children need both a mother and a father. Whatever happened to free speech.

That wasn't the reason! "

this

Reply privately

over a year ago

Does that come under the remit of free speech or voicing an opinion ?

Reply privately

over a year ago

They said any children born from test tubes are plastic

Reply privately

By *issHottieBottieWoman
over a year ago

Kent

He actually got angry because the designer d&g said that children born through IVF are plastic.

I don't blame him either. It's a fucking ridiculous statement

Reply privately

By *inaTitzTV/TS
over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

"He actually got angry because the designer d&g said that children born through IVF are plastic.

I don't blame him either. It's a fucking ridiculous statement "

Yes, it's a daft statement. I'm surprised he's been so misquoted on here.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"They said any children born from test tubes are plastic "

Reply privately

By *issHottieBottieWoman
over a year ago

Kent

To quote elton from the original Instagram post that started it all...

"How dare you refer to my beautiful children as 'synthetic'. And shame on you for wagging your judgemental little fingers at IVF - a miracle that has allowed legions of loving people, both straight and gay, to fulfil their dream of having children." He signed off with: "#BoycottDolceGabbana"

Reply privately

over a year ago

"He actually got angry because the designer d&g said that children born through IVF are plastic.

it shocked me that d&g said it to be honest and the stars are now boycotting them

Reply privately

By *bi HaiveMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Cheeseville, Somerset

From the BBC website.

"The singer criticised the designers after they called children born through IVF "synthetic" in a magazine interview.

Stefano Gabbana has since said that "it was never our intention to judge other people's choices."

"We do believe in freedom and love," he added in a statement.

Sir Elton, who has two children with his husband David Furnish, had a go at the fashion designers for rejecting same-sex families and the use of IVF fertility treatment.

On Sunday he wrote on Instagram: "How dare you refer to my beautiful children as 'synthetic'."

"And shame on you for wagging your judgemental little fingers at IVF - a miracle that has allowed legions of loving people, both straight and gay, to fulfil their dream of having children.

"Your archaic thinking is out of step with the times, just like your fashions.

"I shall never wear Dolce and Gabbana ever again.

Business partners Domenico Dolce and Stefano Gabbana, who are both gay and were a couple for 23 years until breaking up in 2005, have rejected same-sex marriage in the past.

But in an interview with Italian magazine Panorama this weekend they went further saying they also didn't agree with the idea of gay families.

"We oppose gay adoptions," they say, "The only family is the traditional one.

"No chemical offsprings and rented uterus: life has a natural flow, there are things that should not be changed."

Domenico Dolce went on to say that having children should be an "act of love"."

So basically - not a 'hissy fit' - just an understandable reaction OP.

A

Reply privately

over a year ago

"They said any children born from test tubes are plastic

"

Well.

Reply privately

By *issHottieBottieWoman
over a year ago

Kent

Well. "

Well they aren't are they?

Reply privately

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

"From the BBC website.

"The singer criticised the designers after they called children born through IVF "synthetic" in a magazine interview.

Stefano Gabbana has since said that "it was never our intention to judge other people's choices."

Sir Elton, who has two children with his husband David Furnish, had a go at the fashion designers for rejecting same-sex families and the use of IVF fertility treatment.

On Sunday he wrote on Instagram: "How dare you refer to my beautiful children as 'synthetic'."

"And shame on you for wagging your judgemental little fingers at IVF - a miracle that has allowed legions of loving people, both straight and gay, to fulfil their dream of having children.

Business partners Domenico Dolce and Stefano Gabbana, who are both gay and were a couple for 23 years until breaking up in 2005, have rejected same-sex marriage in the past.

But in an interview with Italian magazine Panorama this weekend they went further saying they also didn't agree with the idea of gay families.

"No chemical offsprings and rented uterus: life has a natural flow, there are things that should not be changed."

A"

Thanks for this - as it puts the whole drama into perspective.

I can comepltely understand Elton John's angry response from HIS stance.

I can also completely understand the traditional view of what is a family as expressed by Dolce and Gabanna.

And yes, I would still buy D & G fashion - if I could afford it

Reply privately

over a year ago

Well.

Well they aren't are they? "

Depends on your point of view on it..mine is no...but others are entitled to there opinion..just like Elton John and D&G

Reply privately

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

I can understand their disgust. There was obviously a lot more to the story than the op suggested.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Well.

Well they aren't are they? "

I think they were just saying they didn't agree with it, they are both gay so you cant say they are homophobic, they are entitled to their opinion as much as anyone else is. if people don't like it then its their problem.

Reply privately

By *rank EinsteinMan
over a year ago

Burton upon stather

If I was gay and wanted a kid I'd just hang around the jobcentre with a pouch of amber leaf and 2 bottles of white lighting.

I bet you could trade for one.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Well we have to say that the opinions expressed by d&g are more in line with our way of thinking .

Reply privately

over a year ago

"If I was gay and wanted a kid I'd just hang around the jobcentre with a pouch of amber leaf and 2 bottles of white lighting.

I bet you could trade for one. "

Happens frequently in sunny Scunny so i've heard

Reply privately

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

"Well we have to say that the opinions expressed by d&g are more in line with our way of thinking .

"

Reply privately

By *rank EinsteinMan
over a year ago

Burton upon stather

"If I was gay and wanted a kid I'd just hang around the jobcentre with a pouch of amber leaf and 2 bottles of white lighting.

I bet you could trade for one.

Happens frequently in sunny Scunny so i've heard "

You've got to get the older ones though they don't want em when they can't get benefits anymore

Reply privately

over a year ago

"From the BBC website.

A

I can also completely understand the traditional view of what is a family as expressed by Dolce and Gabanna.

And yes, I would still buy D & G fashion - if I could afford it "

Just the sort of post I expected from you.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Well we have to say that the opinions expressed by d&g are more in line with our way of thinking .

"

You disagree with IVF??

Blimey

Reply privately

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

You disagree with IVF??

Blimey "

I dont think that was the intention - I thought they meant the traditional family life values ... certainly that was what I meant in terms of thumbing the comment.

Reply privately

over a year ago

You disagree with IVF??

Blimey "

Why is that a crime?

Reply privately

over a year ago

You disagree with IVF??

Blimey "

I certainly don't.

I was actually looking in to it before miraculously conceiving naturally

Reply privately

over a year ago

You disagree with IVF??

Blimey

I certainly don't.

I was actually looking in to it before miraculously conceiving naturally"

Congrats

Reply privately

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

They both have a view about IVF....neither is wrong as it is their view

Reply privately

over a year ago

You disagree with IVF??

Blimey

Why is that a crime?"

It isnt, and I didnt say it was.

I had simply never entertained the thought that people would disagree with me and my siblings being alive, and would consider us to be synthetic, or plastic.

I suppose I have been called a barbie doll on occasion

Reply privately

By *vgloryholebs16TV/TS
over a year ago

Bristol.

Well.

Well they aren't are they?

I think they were just saying they didn't agree with it, they are both gay so you cant say they are homophobic, they are entitled to their opinion as much as anyone else is. if people don't like it then its their problem."

Can gay people not be homophobic then? funny cos I know of quite a few! Ax

Reply privately

over a year ago

You disagree with IVF??

Blimey

I certainly don't.

I was actually looking in to it before miraculously conceiving naturally

Congrats "

It was thirteen years ago but thanks xx

Reply privately

over a year ago

This was on the news yesterday.

Let's get the facts of the story straight.

On Sunday, Domenico Dolce (of Dolce and Gabbana) was reported to have said, during an interview for an italian magazine that 'We oppose gay adoptions. The only family is the traditional one. No chemical offsprings and rented uterus: life has a natural flow, there are things that should not be changed. You are born to a mother and father - or at least that's how it should be. I call children of chemistry, synthetic children. Rented uterus, semen chosen from a catalogue'

Elton John picked up on this, essentially taking offence at the 'synthetic children' remark, as he and his husband David Furnish have two children created through the IVF process and as a result has stated that he will never wear Dolce and Gabbana ever again.

He is also not the only celebrity to have reacted to Domenico's comments.

Many A-list celebs have reacted by stating that they will be binning or burning all their D&G gear and vowed never to buy D&G ever again.

Such celebs include Courtney Love, Paris Hilton, Victoria Beckham, Ricky Martin etc

Stefano Gabbana has since responded by saying that 'it was never our intention to judge other people's choices'. I suspect an attempt at damage limitiation.

Reply privately

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
over a year ago

in Lancashire

I don't blame him either. It's a fucking ridiculous statement

Yes, it's a daft statement. I'm surprised he's been so misquoted on here. "

oh im not..

Reply privately

over a year ago

You disagree with IVF??

Blimey

I dont think that was the intention - I thought they meant the traditional family life values ... certainly that was what I meant in terms of thumbing the comment. "

This .... more to do with family life values .

Designer ivf babies for gay couples is not something we agree with . And even more controversially , gay marriage ..That's all ... Ivf for traditional mf couples is fine in our minds .

Reply privately

over a year ago

You disagree with IVF??

Blimey

I dont think that was the intention - I thought they meant the traditional family life values ... certainly that was what I meant in terms of thumbing the comment.

Designer ivf babies for gay couples is not something we agree with . And even more controversially , gay marriage ..That's all ... Ivf for traditional mf couples is fine in our minds .

"

I think you are right also think it was wrong that Elton john has told everyone to not buy their stuff and some people are stupid enough to do what he says because of who he is.

Reply privately

By *ngel n tedCouple
over a year ago

maidstone

"This was on the news yesterday.

Let's get the facts of the story straight.

On Sunday, Domenico Dolce (of Dolce and Gabbana) was reported to have said, during an interview for an italian magazine that 'We oppose gay adoptions. The only family is the traditional one. No chemical offsprings and rented uterus: life has a natural flow, there are things that should not be changed. You are born to a mother and father - or at least that's how it should be. I call children of chemistry, synthetic children. Rented uterus, semen chosen from a catalogue'

Elton John picked up on this, essentially taking offence at the 'synthetic children' remark, as he and his husband David Furnish have two children created through the IVF process and as a result has stated that he will never wear Dolce and Gabbana ever again.

He is also not the only celebrity to have reacted to Domenico's comments.

Many A-list celebs have reacted by stating that they will be binning or burning all their D&G gear and vowed never to buy D&G ever again.

Such celebs include Courtney Love, Paris Hilton, Victoria Beckham, Ricky Martin etc

Stefano Gabbana has since responded by saying that 'it was never our intention to judge other people's choices'. I suspect an attempt at damage limitiation."

all the big names then ......ricky martin

Reply privately

over a year ago

in Lancashire

You disagree with IVF??

Blimey

"

that's your opinion but its a small minded one..

as long as the child (ren) are loved and looked after surely the gender or relationships of those doing so means little..

of course no child has ever been brought up badly, mistreated etc in a 'conventional' relationship have they..

Reply privately

By *oward1978Man
over a year ago

Rotherham

As I see it, someone who designs clothes for a living just stated THEIR OPINION when asked a question in a magazine and then someone who sings songs for a living got upset about it and threw a bit of a hissy fit. In the real world (where I like to live) this is a non-event but this doesn't stop the news companies peddling this shit as news. Not interested

Reply privately

over a year ago

"As I see it, someone who designs clothes for a living just stated THEIR OPINION when asked a question in a magazine and then someone who sings songs for a living got upset about it and threw a bit of a hissy fit. In the real world (where I like to live) this is a non-event but this doesn't stop the news companies peddling this shit as news. Not interested "

I agree they shouldn't be boycotted because their views on ivf don't tally with his.

Reply privately

over a year ago

What gets me is Elgin will throw his shit fit over an opinion but when the government privatises parts of the nhs in the biggest privatisation ever (and to companies with a bad reputation) he says fuck all.

Who gives a shit.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Elgin? I meant elton

Reply privately

over a year ago

Like every child is raised in a traditional male and female two parent family?

Reply privately

over a year ago

You disagree with IVF??

Blimey

as long as the child (ren) are loved and looked after surely the gender or relationships of those doing so means little..

of course no child has ever been brought up badly, mistreated etc in a 'conventional' relationship have they.."

Well I have to take exception with the 'small minded' comment .

Why are we small minded to think that traditional family values are still something to believe in ?

Reply privately

By *ust_for_laughsCouple
over a year ago

Hinckley

Because it's just that, tradition. Founded on a non-secular basis that barely exists in this country anymore.

We no longer have The Buggery Act of 1533 either; some breaks with 'tradition' are for the best!

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Because it's just that, tradition. Founded on a non-secular basis that barely exists in this country anymore.

We no longer have The Buggery Act of 1533 either; some breaks with 'tradition' are for the best!"

No problem with the abolition of the buggery act but as far as I know there is yet to be conception from the said act .

The point being that ivf with no involvement from either parent seems wrong , especially for same sex parents .... sorry if this old fashioned view offends , but it's our view and we are happy to stick to it .

Reply privately

By *ust_for_laughsCouple
over a year ago

Hinckley

"Because it's just that, tradition. Founded on a non-secular basis that barely exists in this country anymore.

We no longer have The Buggery Act of 1533 either; some breaks with 'tradition' are for the best!

No problem with the abolition of the buggery act but as far as I know there is yet to be conception from the said act .

The point being that ivf with no involvement from either parent seems wrong , especially for same sex parents .... sorry if this old fashioned view offends , but it's our view and we are happy to stick to it .

"

How often does IVF occur with no involvement from either parent in this country? As for gay couples, they usually either adopt or they're one half of the donor process.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I wonder if their views on the natural order of things stretches to other forms of medical treatment. Like heart transplants and the like. That isn't natural either but I bet if one of them needed one they wouldn't decline.

Reply privately

over a year ago

How often does IVF occur with no involvement from either parent in this country? As for gay couples, they usually either adopt or they're one half of the donor process."

This has gone off the op and the d&g statement now .

Our traditional view is still more along the lines of the d&g than Elton John's , and I have no idea how often ivf occurs with no involvement from either parent .

Reply privately

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

You disagree with IVF??

Blimey

I think you are right also think it was wrong that Elton john has told everyone to not buy their stuff and some people are stupid enough to do what he says because of who he is. "

Lots of people ask others to follow their action. People boycotted Starbucks because they wouldn't send free coffee to soldiers in Afghanista, PETA ask us not to wear or buy animal skins for fashion etc.

You seem to think D&G have the right to voice their opinion but Elton and David don't. Why is That?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Its interesting how a pair of Tailors are entitled to an opinion but a Singer is berated for voicing his opinion, Mind you theres a few people on this post getting put down because of theirs....Strange world innit

Gimp

Reply privately

By *edallionMan
over a year ago

manchester

I don't see why D&G shouldn't have their own free opinion on this topic. Just like this and every other issue in the world, not everyone would agree with every statement and saying boycott their product is a joke to me because its only those that don't even have any of their products or that can't afford them would give much attention to this and not the stores that sell their products.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I don't see why D&G shouldn't have their own free opinion on this topic. Just like this and every other issue in the world, not everyone would agree with every statement and saying boycott their product is a joke to me because its only those that don't even have any of their products or that can't afford them would give much attention to this and not the stores that sell their products. "

Reply privately

over a year ago

evesham

"I don't see why D&G shouldn't have their own free opinion on this topic. Just like this and every other issue in the world, not everyone would agree with every statement and saying boycott their product is a joke to me because its only those that don't even have any of their products or that can't afford them would give much attention to this and not the stores that sell their products. "

Several celebs have come out in support of Elton and David. Courteney love vowed to burn all of her D&G items on twitter.

As with anything. Having an opinion is fine. It's the manner in which those opinions are broadcast that causes offence.

Believing that traditional family units are all there should be is fine, calling the offspring of families using ivf synthetic or plastic and referring to the process as rental uterus, not fine. They aren't stupid people. They will have known the outrage such statements would have caused...isn't it fashion week season?!? Hmmmmmmmm

Reply privately

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

Reply privately

over a year ago

If two millionaire gay blokes want to adopt me, I'm available. They won't have to bother with all that baby/child/moody teen shit either. They can move straight to the disappointed phase as I live like the Slob King Of The World on their riches. Let me know who wins out of Elton John and the Dolce and Gabbana Italian nuclear family model. Gotta be Elton for me, D&G have their moments but if you're asking me to choose between fashion-based bigotry and 'Crocodile Rock' then it's Elton any day of the week.

And in more 'free speech/voicing an opinion' news, tomorrow: Is disabled access a waste of time and money?

Wednesday: Are there 'a few too many blacks' around these days?

Reply privately

over a year ago

" Courteney love vowed to burn all of her D&G items on twitter. "

I'll chip in £1:10 for a litre of fuel...but only if she promises to be wearing them at the time.

Reply privately

over a year ago

You disagree with IVF??

Blimey

I think you are right also think it was wrong that Elton john has told everyone to not buy their stuff and some people are stupid enough to do what he says because of who he is.

Lots of people ask others to follow their action. People boycotted Starbucks because they wouldn't send free coffee to soldiers in Afghanista, PETA ask us not to wear or buy animal skins for fashion etc.

You seem to think D&G have the right to voice their opinion but Elton and David don't. Why is That? "

What a load of bollocks that was, somebody on social media says boycott Starbucks or Tescos because they won't serve or support the troops and the sheep follow suit without doing their own research and finding out that Starbucks have shops on US bases all over the world and Tescos don't even have a store in the street mentioned. It's a case of not following the herd but "think for yourselves schmucks!"

Everyone's opinion is valid until it conflicts with ones own

Reply privately

over a year ago

They are allowed and do have their own free opinion on this and any other matter but in return we are allowed an opinion on their opinion

That makes sense in my head

Reply privately

over a year ago

Reply privately

over a year ago

You disagree with IVF??

Blimey

I think you are right also think it was wrong that Elton john has told everyone to not buy their stuff and some people are stupid enough to do what he says because of who he is. "

What about the people who are stupid enough to buy fashion clothes and pay overinflated prices in the first place.

Ooh burn the £3000 man bag, that'll teach them?

Surely the counter argument would have been sufficient without the boycott. All credibility was lost when the toys were thrown out of the pram.

Reply privately

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

Still trying to work out who the drama queen is - it's been a looooong day.

Reply privately

over a year ago

You disagree with IVF??

Blimey

of course no child has ever been brought up badly, mistreated etc in a 'conventional' relationship have they..

Well I have to take exception with the 'small minded' comment .

Why are we small minded to think that traditional family values are still something to believe in ?

"

Is swinging a traditional family value?

Reply privately

over a year ago

evesham

You disagree with IVF??

Blimey

What about the people who are stupid enough to buy fashion clothes and pay overinflated prices in the first place.

Surely the counter argument would have been sufficient without the boycott. All credibility was lost when the toys were thrown out of the pram."

Is it throwing toys out of your pram when defending your children who are being called synthetic and plastic?!

Reply privately

over a year ago

You disagree with IVF??

Blimey

Surely the counter argument would have been sufficient without the boycott. All credibility was lost when the toys were thrown out of the pram.

Is it throwing toys out of your pram when defending your children who are being called synthetic and plastic?!"

Yes it is.

Reply privately

over a year ago

evesham

You disagree with IVF??

Blimey

Is it throwing toys out of your pram when defending your children who are being called synthetic and plastic?!

Yes it is."

So you'd never defend your child?

Reply privately

By *ustcutieWoman
over a year ago

edinburgh

And once again the small mindedness of some people blow my mind .... Pathetic

Reply privately

over a year ago

"And once again the small mindedness of some people blow my mind .... Pathetic "

So someone who doesn't agree with you is small minded, that pretty pathetic too.

Reply privately

By *ustcutieWoman
over a year ago

edinburgh

"And once again the small mindedness of some people blow my mind .... Pathetic

So someone who doesn't agree with you is small minded, that pretty pathetic too. "

Not at all, I don't care if folk agree with me or not, but to think that any child who is loved no matter how they are brought into the world is somehow wrong is pretty sad considering the amount of children who are uncared for and abused in "normal" family's

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Still trying to work out who the drama queen is - it's been a looooong day."

Too many to count.

Reply privately

over a year ago

We no longer have The Buggery Act of 1533 either; some breaks with 'tradition' are for the best!"

I'd be inclined to say that the lack of tradition or the loss of, is the downfall and root cause of societies problems!!

Reply privately

By *inaTitzTV/TS
over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

"

I'd be inclined to say that the lack of tradition or the loss of, is the downfall and root cause of societies problems!! "

I'm not sure my life would be enhanced by the return of the tradition of feudalism.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

I'd be inclined to say that the lack of tradition or the loss of, is the downfall and root cause of societies problems!! "

I'd be inclined to say it's because of watches worn on the inside of the wrist, boil in the bag chicken curries and the ready availability of news reports 24hrs a day.

Reply privately

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

If there's one thing the population of Britain is good at, its holding on to pointless and outmoded traditions.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I'd be inclined to say that the lack of tradition or the loss of, is the downfall and root cause of societies problems!!

If there's one thing the population of Britain is good at, its holding on to pointless and outmoded traditions. "

Reply privately

over a year ago

Every child has the right to be loved regardless of how that child came into the world . im sure gay couples are more then capable of being loving and good parenrs just as straight couples .

Reply privately

By *ust_for_laughsCouple
over a year ago

Hinckley

Ha, welcome to a swinging site...define irony!

Reply privately

over a year ago

Well , after getting home from a fun night it's still seems we have upset some ( most ) of you . We are now , small minded , ironic , sticking to outdated values , and because we swing we aren't entitled to say that IVF designer babies for gay couples is not something we agree with !

This seems to make some people think we shouldn't have an opinion on this issue , as because we swing we should be happy with something which defies the law of nature itself .

It is quite feasible that mankind may well have been non monogamous since our existence began . Also quite possible that homosexuality also started when we began . But one thing is for sure , it is only very recently we figured a way to create life without the need for a man and a woman to procreate together . So those couples who for one reason or another cant have kids get help , thanks to IVF , using the mothers egg and the fathers sperm . All good .

Our only objection is the creation of a life for 2 guys to bring up , or 2 women to bring up - however you look at it it defies the law of nature itself . A lesbian can inseminate herself with donated sperm ,or get a guy to inseminate her , and a life is created for her and her partner to raise . That's fine and dandy .

But how on earth do 2 guys do that ?

A donated egg from who knows who from , and one or other of the guys sperm I guess .

What a strange discussion the sex education teacher will have with the offspring from this method when describing the birds and the bees !

Call us old fashioned and any names you care to , but it just doesn't add up in our minds .

P.S

The children from this method of conception would not be treated or thought of any differently by us . It wasn't their choice to be born this way , and despite the fact that we agree that same sex parents can offer just as much love as traditional parents, it's the methods used that we don't agree with .

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

Our only objection is the creation of a life for 2 guys to bring up , or 2 women to bring up - however you look at it it defies the law of nature itself . A lesbian can inseminate herself with donated sperm ,or get a guy to inseminate her , and a life is created for her and her partner to raise . That's fine and dandy .

A donated egg from who knows who from , and one or other of the guys sperm I guess .

What a strange discussion the sex education teacher will have with the offspring from this method when describing the birds and the bees !

Call us old fashioned and any names you care to , but it just doesn't add up in our minds .

P.S

The children from this method of conception would not be treated or thought of any differently by us . It wasn't their choice to be born this way , and despite the fact that we agree that same sex parents can offer just as much love as traditional parents, it's the methods used that we don't agree with ."

The process of IVF is the same...essentially, fertilisation of sperm and egg in a petri dish, then implantation in the womb for what is then a normal pregnancy.

You agree with IVF in principle. You said you agree that same sex parents can offer just as much love as 'traditional' parents.

The only difference for a gay couple is that they need a surrogate mother to carry the baby for them. Is that then the part that you dont agree with? and would you therefore not agree with surrogate mothers helping a 'traditional' couple either?

...I'm just curious.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Traditional synthetic babies for traditional families that's what I say!

Reply privately

over a year ago

Who cares what each set of over paid drama queens say. Real couples, gay or straight, will get on with their lives and find love and have children as they see fit.

My concern is with the ordinary people who are trying to celebrate their love in the face of physical, cultural and emotional diffilculty and prejudice.

Reply privately

By *r and mrs willingCouple
over a year ago

SOUTH WEST & WALES

"As I see it, someone who designs clothes for a living just stated THEIR OPINION when asked a question in a magazine and then someone who sings songs for a living got upset about it and threw a bit of a hissy fit. In the real world (where I like to live) this is a non-event but this doesn't stop the news companies peddling this shit as news. Not interested "

It's pathetic isn't it. Playground behaviour from adults. What the media needs is a nice juicy disaster to detract from this piffle.

Reply privately

By *aneandpaulCouple
over a year ago

cleveleys

We had a Lesbian work for us in our pub we were pub manger,s for year,s her and her partner had a child.She asked me what i thought told i don,t think gay people should have children.She went mad with me went to H. R. Said i had discriminate against gay people Said she was so distraught she could not work with me again and took the company for a lot of money. Iwas put on a final warning for 12 month,s. Would never employ a gay person again talk about playing the card right

Reply privately

over a year ago

You disagree with IVF??

Blimey

Yes it is.

So you'd never defend your child? "

You completely missed my point.

Surely the counterargument should have been enough?

All credibility was lost at the point when the celebrities started the lets boycott D&G, in fact I'll burn their stuff rather than let anyone wear it.

Being dignified and saying that they disagree, would hold the moral high ground.

I will defend my children, to the last if needs be. However...

Just looking at the D&G website, I saw a "fasionable" Blazer for £1400. Yes £1400. That is not real world money. Is the quality any better than Primani? Probably. Is it worth £1300 more than any of the jackets I have in my wardrobe? I think not.

So someone who is incredibly rich says to everybody else stop buying things from a company that you can't afford to buy stuff from.

Where does D&G get it's stuff made? Are they ethical about production and suppliers? Are there products made in a sweatshop in India in the floor of the factory below the Primark floor? Questions Elton never thought to ask previously.

I personally believe that yes, Defending IVF as a treatment is right. Defending the children concieved this way is right. To strop and say boycott a fashion designer is throwing the toys out of the overindulged pram.

Reply privately

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

"From the BBC website.

A

And yes, I would still buy D & G fashion - if I could afford it "

This!

Reply privately

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

You disagree with IVF??

Blimey

I dont think that was the intention - I thought they meant the traditional family life values ... certainly that was what I meant in terms of thumbing the comment. "

Me too.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

All credibility was lost at the point when the celebrities started the lets boycott D&G, in fact I'll burn their stuff rather than let anyone wear it.

Being dignified and saying that they disagree, would hold the moral high ground.

Just looking at the D&G website, I saw a "fasionable" Blazer for £1400. Yes £1400. That is not real world money. Is the quality any better than Primani? Probably. Is it worth £1300 more than any of the jackets I have in my wardrobe? I think not.

So someone who is incredibly rich says to everybody else stop buying things from a company that you can't afford to buy stuff from.

Where does D&G get it's stuff made? Are they ethical about production and suppliers? Are there products made in a sweatshop in India in the floor of the factory below the Primark floor? Questions Elton never thought to ask previously.

I personally believe that yes, Defending IVF as a treatment is right. Defending the children concieved this way is right. To strop and say boycott a fashion designer is throwing the toys out of the overindulged pram.

"

This...90% of the houses in the capital of vanuatu have just been flattened, they are unable to contact people on the outlying islands. The people there are picking up their meagre belongings and rebuilding their tiny houses out of whatever materials they can find...and this is news?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Best comment do far, nothing else needs to be said.

Reply privately

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

You disagree with IVF??

Blimey

Yes it is.

So you'd never defend your child?

"

Reply privately

over a year ago

Reply privately

over a year ago

Can we define just exactly whereabouts in history our "traditional family values" were so fantastic? And then ask ourselves why they changed. I think you will find it was for the betterment of society, stopping child abuse and the abuse of women.

So, do we want Edwardian or Victorian family values? Perhaps go back to the hungry thirties? The war torn forties with lots of widowed mothers? Perhaps the fifties or the sixties as apparently we never had it so good.

Two fashionistas ill thought out ramblings on their romanticised view of "the traditional family", are hardly going to sway public opinion or trends. Elton would have done better to point out that fact, rather than letting them think that what they had to say carries any weight. Edina Monsoon won't be wearing D&G now darling!

Reply privately

By *ustcutieWoman
over a year ago

edinburgh

"Can we define just exactly whereabouts in history our "traditional family values" were so fantastic? And then ask ourselves why they changed. I think you will find it was for the betterment of society, stopping child abuse and the abuse of women.

So, do we want Edwardian or Victorian family values? Perhaps go back to the hungry thirties? The war torn forties with lots of widowed mothers? Perhaps the fifties or the sixties as apparently we never had it so good.

Two fashionistas ill thought out ramblings on their romanticised view of "the traditional family", are hardly going to sway public opinion or trends. Elton would have done better to point out that fact, rather than letting them think that what they had to say carries any weight. Edina Monsoon won't be wearing D&G now darling!"

Reply privately

over a year ago

wow,,there some really narrow minded folk on this site.

Reply privately

over a year ago

traditional family values,,lol but on a swingers site,,lol

im with Elton its vile the way some folk think

Reply privately

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

"traditional family values,,lol but on a swingers site,,lol

im with Elton its vile the way some folk think"

I do not understand why being a swinger would rule out that somebody has traditional family values?

As a responsible adult/ parent your sex life is your business and should be kept well away from your family life.

Not because it is something to be ashamed of but because it is inappropriate for young people to be aware of their parents sexual activities.

Reply privately

By *bi HaiveMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Cheeseville, Somerset

"We had a Lesbian work for us in our pub we were pub manger,s for year,s her and her partner had a child.She asked me what i thought told i don,t think gay people should have children.She went mad with me went to H. R. Said i had discriminate against gay people Said she was so distraught she could not work with me again and took the company for a lot of money. Iwas put on a final warning for 12 month,s. Would never employ a gay person again talk about playing the card right "

Which part of your post do you think doesn't display discrimination out of interest?

Would you ever tell a straight couple that they shouldn't have children?

I've seen many straight couples that I personally don't believe should be allowed to be parents based on their behaviour, attitude and morals - but would I tell them that? Of course not. Who has the right to tell anyone how to live their lives - especially when it comes to children.

I can't see a problem with them not wanting to work with someone clearly happy to display homophobic attitudes.

A

Reply privately

By *inaTitzTV/TS
over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

Reply privately

over a year ago

I pity any of your kids if their grow up to be gay

Reply privately

over a year ago

I do not understand why being a swinger would rule out that somebody has traditional family values?

As a responsible adult/ parent your sex life is your business and should be kept well away from your family life.

Not because it is something to be ashamed of but because it is inappropriate for young people to be aware of their parents sexual activities.

"

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

ask yer friends,neighbours and work mates if they think swinging is part of yer "traditional family values"

Reply privately

over a year ago

"We had a Lesbian work for us in our pub we were pub manger,s for year,s her and her partner had a child.She asked me what i thought told i don,t think gay people should have children.She went mad with me went to H. R. Said i had discriminate against gay people Said she was so distraught she could not work with me again and took the company for a lot of money. Iwas put on a final warning for 12 month,s. Would never employ a gay person again talk about playing the card right "

So you wouldn't employ a gay person but you would fuck them?

Bi-curious in your profile. As long as they meet your requirements, thats ok then

If you were put on a final warning:

A. You have been given previous warnings. Or

B. The company thought it so serious that it deserved the level of escalation.

So would you bar same sex couples bringing their children in?

what about same sex couples that have children from a previous relationship? Or bi-curious gays?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I pity any of your kids if their grow up to be gay"

You would accept them but doesn't mean you have to agree with gay marriage or gays having kids.

Reply privately

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

Reply privately

over a year ago

" "

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I pity any of your kids if their grow up to be gay

You would accept them but doesn't mean you have to agree with gay marriage or gays having kids."

I've heard two gays making a baby means the child will be a gayer too, even the ones that adopt mindwarp them into a bit of poofing when they're older.

Reply privately

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

"

"

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

"

Reply privately

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

"We had a Lesbian work for us in our pub we were pub manger,s for year,s her and her partner had a child.She asked me what i thought told i don,t think gay people should have children.She went mad with me went to H. R. Said i had discriminate against gay people Said she was so distraught she could not work with me again and took the company for a lot of money. Iwas put on a final warning for 12 month,s. Would never employ a gay person again talk about playing the card right

Which part of your post do you think doesn't display discrimination out of interest?

A"

To be fair, it says the person asked what he/she thought. She/he told the truth.

Reply privately

over a year ago

You would accept them but doesn't mean you have to agree with gay marriage or gays having kids."

Can you explain why you disagree with gay marriage so strongly?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"We had a Lesbian work for us in our pub we were pub manger,s for year,s her and her partner had a child.She asked me what i thought told i don,t think gay people should have children.She went mad with me went to H. R. Said i had discriminate against gay people Said she was so distraught she could not work with me again and took the company for a lot of money. Iwas put on a final warning for 12 month,s. Would never employ a gay person again talk about playing the card right

A

To be fair, it says the person asked what he/she thought. She/he told the truth.

"

does that mean their right?

Reply privately

By *bi HaiveMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Cheeseville, Somerset

A

"

The truth can be discriminatory.

I never disputed they had told the truth about their thoughts.

A

Reply privately

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

Oh my.

There is a lot of twisting of words going on on this thread, it would be a much better debate if people stop doing this or attacking people for posting a view.

Reply privately

over a year ago

A

A"

Reply privately

over a year ago

You would accept them but doesn't mean you have to agree with gay marriage or gays having kids.

Can you explain why you disagree with gay marriage so strongly?"

I didn't used to disagree with it, its only since being on here that I have changed my mind.

Reply privately

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

A

A"

The point I made was, she/he got asked the question and just didn't go up to someone and say " you shouldn't have babies "

The discriminatory bit I didn't comment on but yes, you are right, a persons opinion can be discriminatory

Reply privately

over a year ago

I didn't used to disagree with it, its only since being on here that I have changed my mind."

yes but can you explain why????????

Reply privately

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

I didn't used to disagree with it, its only since being on here that I have changed my mind."

What changed your mind Doreen?

Reply privately

By *ivente clubCouple
over a year ago

sunderland

Wow, this thread has become vile! Are people really this disgusting!

I feel ashamed to be on here on right now!

Reply privately

By *ardbellyCouple
over a year ago

Alicante

Reply privately

By *ardbellyCouple
over a year ago

Alicante

It was all going so well on mothers day ?

Reply privately

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

they are entitled to an opinion..... free speech and all that.....

however, people are also entitled to react to an opinion in whatever way they like..... within the law...

you know... free speech and all that!

last time i checked.... boycotting a company for a view, or burning their products since they bought them... is not against the law!

do I agree with D&G's views on IVF.... nope!!!

do I think they should have called IVF babies "plastic" or "synthetic".... nope!!!

do I think the comments will bring down the business.... nope!

I think there are "certain" people here who will always be on the contrary side of opinion and get a kick/rise out of upsetting them.... I bet they wouldn't say it to their faces, but heck... easy to say things when hiding behind a keyboard... right????

Reply privately

By *inaTitzTV/TS
over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

I didn't used to disagree with it, its only since being on here that I have changed my mind.

What changed your mind Doreen?"

I'm curious, too.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Wow, this thread has become vile! Are people really this disgusting!

I feel ashamed to be on here on right now! "

Why ?

What specifically makes you feel that way ?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"wow,,there some really narrow minded folk on this site."

How narrow minded are we for our opinion on 2 men having a designer IVF baby ?

Traditional family values have a place for us , and it really has nothing to do withour swinging lifestyle .

When swinging we have some very good friends , tv's , gay guys , bi guys etc..... and some of our best dogging fun incorporates all of the above . This despite me being straight , but I have no prejudice to anyone and we have a great time .

The IVF issue has nothing to do with us being small minded , nor is is there any irony on us saying so on a swinging forum .

Reply privately

over a year ago

"wow,,there some really narrow minded folk on this site.

Traditional family values have a place for us , and it really has nothing to do withour swinging lifestyle .

When swinging we have some very good friends , tv's , gay guys , bi guys etc..... and some of our best dogging fun incorporates all of the above . This despite me being straight , but I have no prejudice to anyone and we have a great time .

The IVF issue has nothing to do with us being small minded , nor is is there any irony on us saying so on a swinging forum .

"

oh what exactly is your issue?

Reply privately

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"

there is a problem here.....

you are making a distinction they didn't!!!

see.... the point was they didn't make the distinction between and a man and a women having an IVF baby.... and 2 men/2 women having an IVF baby.....

they called ALL IVF babies "plastic" and "synthetic"

i think it is interesting how many people support their views on traditional families when there are so many one parent families out there....

Reply privately

over a year ago

there is a problem here.....

you are making a distinction they didn't!!!

see.... the point was they didn't make the distinction between and a man and a women having an IVF baby.... and 2 men/2 women having an IVF baby.....

they called ALL IVF babies "plastic" and "synthetic"

i think it is interesting how many people support their views on traditional families when there are so many one parent families out there.... "

They just think its unnatural that people should have children in the normal way that's all, so what? nothing to do with single parents realy and nothing wrong with people thinking that kids should be with both parents either.

Idealy with a mum and a dad.

Reply privately

over a year ago

oh what exactly is your issue?"

Simply your assumption that we are narrow minded and that because we are swingers we shouldn't be entitled to our opinion

Reply privately

over a year ago

yes but can you explain why????????"

still no answer

Reply privately

over a year ago

What's the bets Elton WILL wear Dolce and Gabbana again?

Reply privately

over a year ago

yes but can you explain why????????

still no answer "

I only answere what I want to.

try using your imagination.

Reply privately

over a year ago

oh what exactly is your issue?

Simply your assumption that we are narrow minded and that because we are swingers we shouldn't be entitled to our opinion "

no one said your not entitled to your "opinion"

likewise im entitled to my opinion

Reply privately

By *afadaoMan
over a year ago

Staines

I have some very good friends. The husband is paralysed from the waist down after an horrendous accident. They have been together for 15 years and are an incredibly close and brave couple. They overcame the trauma of the accident but were distressed at the idea of not having a child.

However, thanks to IVF, after 7 years of trying and being on the verge of giving up, she became pregnant. They had a beautiful daughter, now a year old and they are the perfect family.

Explain to me how this is "wrong" in any way.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

P.S

The children from this method of conception would not be treated or thought of any differently by us . It wasn't their choice to be born this way , and despite the fact that we agree that same sex parents can offer just as much love as traditional parents, it's the methods used that we don't agree with .

The process of IVF is the same...essentially, fertilisation of sperm and egg in a petri dish, then implantation in the womb for what is then a normal pregnancy.

You agree with IVF in principle. You said you agree that same sex parents can offer just as much love as 'traditional' parents.

The only difference for a gay couple is that they need a surrogate mother to carry the baby for them. Is that then the part that you dont agree with? and would you therefore not agree with surrogate mothers helping a 'traditional' couple either?

...I'm just curious.

"

ahh...selective replying I see.

The stuff your fingers in your ears lalala response.

Fair enough.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I have some very good friends. The husband is paralysed from the waist down after an horrendous accident. They have been together for 15 years and are an incredibly close and brave couple. They overcame the trauma of the accident but were distressed at the idea of not having a child.

However, thanks to IVF, after 7 years of trying and being on the verge of giving up, she became pregnant. They had a beautiful daughter, now a year old and they are the perfect family.

Explain to me how this is "wrong" in any way."

If its not meant to be people should learn to accept it, its just not natural is it.

Reply privately

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

"I have some very good friends. The husband is paralysed from the waist down after an horrendous accident. They have been together for 15 years and are an incredibly close and brave couple. They overcame the trauma of the accident but were distressed at the idea of not having a child.

Explain to me how this is "wrong" in any way."

It's not wrong it seems from the responses that people don't like gays being parents.

Reply privately

By *ivente clubCouple
over a year ago

sunderland

Why ?

What specifically makes you feel that way ?"

Correct me if i'm wrong but the last time I looked I wasnt sitting on a leather couch? Your question is very condescending. And if you really need to question my statement I suggest you read the whole thread and not just the posts with pictures!

Reply privately

By *bi HaiveMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Cheeseville, Somerset

If its not meant to be people should learn to accept it, its just not natural is it."

Neither is anal sex.

Or organ transplants.

Or blood transfusions.

Or chemotherapy for cancer sufferers.

Or dying hair.

Or body modifications such as tattoos/piercings.

Or.........I can't be arsed.

Lots of things can be defined as not being natural. Doesn't make them wrong.

A

Reply privately

over a year ago

in Lancashire

If its not meant to be people should learn to accept it, its just not natural is it."

it wasn't 'natural' many years ago for us to travel at high altitude at very fast speeds..

but we do so..

its a medical issue that folks can and do use ivf for many reasons as do others use modern medical intervention to sustain life and allow themselves to live more comfortably with debilitating illness and disabilities etc..

or are they 'not natura'l too..?

Reply privately

By *afadaoMan
over a year ago

Staines

Yes it is. It's his sperm, her eggs, their daughter.

Reply privately

over a year ago

in Lancashire

It's not wrong it seems from the responses that people don't like gays being parents."

ironically some who have gay friends and meet bisexual people for sex..

hey ho..

Reply privately

over a year ago

An I alone in not giving a rats arse about this ??

Reply privately

By *dwalu2Couple
over a year ago

Bristol

Everyone is entitled to have an opinion about anything, that's a given.

It's just that if your opinion is that what D&G think here is right, your opinion is wrong, and you are an idiot.

Hope that has cleared things up!

Reply privately

over a year ago

Some astonishing posts on this thread. And there was me thinking we were amongst open minded folk. I'm not suggesting that people are not entitled to their opinions but it has been an eye opener to say the least. I have friends who have conceived via IVF. I'll go as far to say they are fantastic parents. They are lesbians too. Shock horror lol.

Reply privately

By *dwalu2Couple
over a year ago

Bristol

"Some astonishing posts on this thread. And there was me thinking we were amongst open minded folk."

You are clearly new here. Have fun on Fab!

Reply privately

By *ustcutieWoman
over a year ago

edinburgh

If its not meant to be people should learn to accept it, its just not natural is it.

Neither is anal sex.

Or organ transplants.

Or blood transfusions.

Or dying hair.

A"

This

Reply privately

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Everyone is entitled to have an opinion about anything, that's a given.

It's just that if your opinion is that what D&G think here is right, your opinion is wrong, and you are an idiot.

Hope that has cleared things up! "

so can i ask you if you think it was okay for D&G to call all IVF born babies "plastic" and "synthetic"....

just curious.... i think people here are making distinctions in what they said that they actually didn't themselves......

Reply privately

over a year ago

Neither is anal sex.

Or organ transplants.

Or blood transfusions.

Or dying hair.

A"

excuse me,,,anal sex is perfectly natural.

oh n btw some of the nicest people I know are queens and very dramatic

innit great fab is swamped by gay bi n transgendered people

Reply privately

By *dwalu2Couple
over a year ago

Bristol

Hope that has cleared things up!

so can i ask you if you think it was okay for D&G to call all IVF born babies "plastic" and "synthetic"....

"

No, what D&G said was not okay, it was ignorant and thoughtless at best, intentionally offensive at worst. They are idiots.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Some astonishing posts on this thread. And there was me thinking we were amongst open minded folk.

You are clearly new here. Have fun on Fab!"

No we're not new. We're returners lol. Should have known better really. Thanks tho. Same to you. Xx

Reply privately

over a year ago

Do you attend hospital and receive a blood donation if your bleeding to death? Hardly natural is it?

Reply privately

By *inaTitzTV/TS
over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

"

Do you select what you choose is natural as it suits you?

Reply privately

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

Do you attend hospital and receive a blood donation if your bleeding to death? Hardly natural is it?"

nooo.... i'm guessing she would decline all that.... and i am betting she has never accepted a prescription in her life as well.... all those un-natural medicines.....

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

Do you select what you choose is natural as it suits you?"

people don't die from not having kids do they though.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Free speech no longer exists

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Free speech no longer exists "

We never actually had it.

Reply privately

over a year ago

How would you know if you played with someone who had conceived or their partner had through Ivf or was born as a result of. Unless you asked you wouldn't. Where does this leave you if you are opposed to it ? Legitimate question.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"How would you know if you played with someone who had conceived or their partner had through Ivf or was born as a result of. Unless you asked you wouldn't. Where does this leave you if you are opposed to it ? Legitimate question."
*unless you asked you wouldn't know*

Reply privately

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

oh it does..... however as the chappies at D&G are finding out... with it can come a consequence....

see... others are using their free speech against D&G's free speech.....

cool that........

Reply privately

By *inaTitzTV/TS
over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

"

people don't die from not having kids do they though."

So you pick and choose what you think is natural.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Why ?

Correct me if i'm wrong but the last time I looked I wasnt sitting on a leather couch? Your question is very condescending. And if you really need to question my statement I suggest you read the whole thread and not just the posts with pictures! "

What has what you're sitting on or not got to do with anything at all ?

My question was condescending - how so ?

And the inference on my reading skills is a childish and unecessary statement

Reply privately

over a year ago

Hope that has cleared things up! "

What your post has cleared up is that by calling us idiots you have sunk to a level we would prefer not to go to

Reply privately

over a year ago

Why ?

Correct me if i'm wrong but the last time I looked I wasnt sitting on a leather couch? Your question is very condescending. And if you really need to question my statement I suggest you read the whole thread and not just the posts with pictures!

What has what you're sitting on or not got to do with anything at all ?

My question was condescending - how so ?

And the inference on my reading skills is a childish and unecessary statement "

You asked the question like some kind of psychotherapist? I was surprised you needed to ask why you thought I found this thread vile. Does it not speak for itself?

Reply privately

By *afadaoMan
over a year ago

Staines

"

people don't die from not having kids do they though."

What's life and death got to do with anything?

People have laser surgery to improve their eyesight - they won't die from not seeing properly. In fact, that;s the most recent scientific progress in improving vision. Glasses and contact lenses are not natural.

Almost every single facet of life has been enhanced by science and technology. You can't pick and choose.

By the way, in case you hadn't noticed - you're on the internet trying to get laid instead of the meeting people 'old fashioned way' - say down the pub or via friends, etc. Not natural is it?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Youre right there.

Reply privately

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"

What your post has cleared up is that by calling us idiots you have sunk to a level we would prefer not to go to "

okay.... glos.... time to clarify everything...

where D&G right to call ALL IVF babies "plastic" and "synthetic"????

Reply privately

By *airy_HettyWoman
over a year ago

Greater London

. They so say any PR is good PR, don't they?

Reply privately

By *dwalu2Couple
over a year ago

Bristol

Gerald Ratner might disagree.

Reply privately

By *bi HaiveMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Cheeseville, Somerset

"Free speech no longer exists

Youre right there."

Free speech does exist.

As does the right to express personal opinions.

It doesn't remove the elements of responsibility and respect that go hand in hand with both though.

A

Reply privately

over a year ago

Its fine to have their opinion on IVF, but the synthetic comment was just intended to be insulting and there's no need for that.

On the subject of IVF. Using it to compensate for injury, I can understand. But when a couple has been trying and failing to conceive for years and failed, there is a biological reason for that. A reason that their genetic material has failed to be passed on to the next generation and to bypass that with science I think is foolish in the long term, and quite selfish.

I'm surprised that no one has mentioned all the children already born who could be adopted in place of going to the expense of IVF. For both straight and may couples.

One final comment, one final comment, no IVF baby has ever been conceived by accident, and due to the expense and risk of failure every IVF baby must be cherished by the parents, well and for and (due to the fact its expensive) the parents must be able to provide for it properly. This is something which can't always be said for children conceived naturally.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

What your post has cleared up is that by calling us idiots you have sunk to a level we would prefer not to go to

okay.... glos.... time to clarify everything...

where D&G right to call ALL IVF babies "plastic" and "synthetic"????"

No they weren't _abio , I confess we didn't interpret it as so black and white . We felt it was that they didn't agree with gay couples getting IVF babies .

Reply privately

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"

By the way, in case you hadn't noticed - you're on the internet trying to get laid instead of the meeting people 'old fashioned way' - say down the pub or via friends, etc. Not natural is it?"

how did i miss this gem....

top marks... shame the thread is going to reach 175 soon....

Reply privately

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"

where D&G right to call ALL IVF babies "plastic" and "synthetic"????

No they weren't _abio , I confess we didn't interpret it as so black and white . We felt it was that they didn't agree with gay couples getting IVF babies . "

no... in the artical in the magazine they started by saying they thought IVF babies were unnatural... they then went on the use the terms "plastic" and "synthetic"

it was after that they went on to talk about gay partners not being parents and not having children and saying it was against their tradition family values.......

as i have said thru the thread... people are making distinctions that D&G didn't.....

Reply privately

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

ask yer friends,neighbours and work mates if they think swinging is part of yer "traditional family values"

"

I can see why you would ask the question but I do not see why I need their approval on this matter anymore than I would need anybody s approval of my family values. The two are not connected nor should they be. As I tried to explain earlier, parents' sexuality and sexual behaviour is not a topic for conversation with offspring... would be wholly inappropriate.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Its perfectly legitimate to have an opinion on something and to be able to express that opinion. It doesnt even have to be a rational opinion. Ive had plenty of debates with friends where they've said they cant justify the opinion they have, maybe just the way they were brought up, and thats fine.

What tends to escalate the debate is when an opinion is expressed and an attempt at justifying it has been made that is contradictory or full of holes. In any debate that will get pounced on.

Reply privately