Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

can't understand

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Why do people view a profile which the person is out off there age range just seems a bit silly to me , cause if you like the people who viewed you and what to thank them plus show interest you can't due to there age filters . So wouldn't it be better if the site would only allow people who are looking for that age group to view the other persons profile that way if person viewed liked they could reply or am i missing something . Cheers all

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
Forum Mod

over a year ago

How do you know what the ages are until you look at the profile?

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

No it wouldn't be better...I would'nt read too much into it. People view profiles for all different reasons

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

"How do you know what the ages are until you look at the profile?"

Well done Sherlock

By *bi HaiveMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Cheeseville, Somerset

"Why do people view a profile which the person is out off there age range just seems a bit silly to me , cause if you like the people who viewed you and what to thank them plus show interest you can't due to there age filters . So wouldn't it be better if the site would only allow people who are looking for that age group to view the other persons profile that way if person viewed liked they could reply or am i missing something . Cheers all "

Thank them for what? Looking?

What if they looked and thought "arrrrrgh - my eyes!!!!!!"? What if they looked and weren't the slightest bit interested?

People look for all kinds of reasons - idle curiosity, because you've posted a status update or forum comment. Looking bears no correlation to interest.

A

By *oodmessMan
over a year ago

yumsville

people change their filters quite sporadically. They ma like a change according to the type of meet they want. For the site to facilitate that kind of filter processing, I expect it would need the computing power of NASA.

It is frustrating - but you just have to look at the details of a profile fully before you write a message really.

By *issmorganWoman
over a year ago

Calderdale innit

Plus you dont need to thank people for looking at your profile,if they want to message they will.

over a year ago

"Plus you dont need to thank people for looking at your profile,if they want to message they will."

I usually thank only the one's that i can reply too due to liking there profile and think it shows good manners .

over a year ago

I looked but don't need the thanks.

over a year ago

"I looked but don't need the thanks. "

By *ustcutieWoman
over a year ago

edinburgh

"Plus you dont need to thank people for looking at your profile,if they want to message they will.

I usually thank only the one's that i can reply too due to liking there profile and think it shows good manners . "

Sorry mr A but that's one of my pet hates and why I now look in mode, if I look and I'm interested then I message them. If I'm not then I don't

And as has been said you need to look at the profile to see what age the person is

By *issHottieBottieWoman
over a year ago

Kent

I looked due to having no idea what age you were till I did so..

And this is why i stealth browse, if everyone I looked at in a day sent me a thank you message it would be ridiculous!

over a year ago

"Plus you dont need to thank people for looking at your profile,if they want to message they will.

I usually thank only the one's that i can reply too due to liking there profile and think it shows good manners . "

Why is it good manners to thank someone for viewing your profile ?

over a year ago

"Why do people view a profile which the person is out off there age range just seems a bit silly to me , cause if you like the people who viewed you and what to thank them plus show interest you can't due to there age filters . So wouldn't it be better if the site would only allow people who are looking for that age group to view the other persons profile that way if person viewed liked they could reply or am i missing something . Cheers all

Thank them for what? Looking?

What if they looked and thought "arrrrrgh - my eyes!!!!!!"? What if they looked and weren't the slightest bit interested?

People look for all kinds of reasons - idle curiosity, because you've posted a status update or forum comment. Looking bears no correlation to interest.

A"

That's why I've hidden myself from who's looked at me...

By *ENDAROOSCouple
over a year ago

South West London / Surrey

"Why do people view a profile which the person is out off there age range just seems a bit silly to me , cause if you like the people who viewed you and what to thank them plus show interest you can't due to there age filters . So wouldn't it be better if the site would only allow people who are looking for that age group to view the other persons profile that way if person viewed liked they could reply or am i missing something . Cheers all "

I look at lots of profiles mainly because I'm a nosey buggar. Might be because of a forum post, status updates, avatar pic...to name a few reasons.

By *ilmiss75Woman
over a year ago

Thornton

"How do you know what the ages are until you look at the profile?"

This

By *ENDAROOSCouple
over a year ago

We look in stealth mode too....

By *unky monkeyMan
over a year ago

in the night garden

I look at all sorts of profiles. A lot of the time it's morbid curiosity and nothing at all to do with if I or they are mutually compatible in any way.

By *ilmiss75Woman
over a year ago

Thornton

I usually thank only the one's that i can reply too due to liking there profile and think it shows good manners .

Sorry mr A but that's one of my pet hates and why I now look in mode, if I look and I'm interested then I message them. If I'm not then I don't "

Also this..

over a year ago

I don't even really understand why the site has the "who viewed me" function. If someone has looked at your profile and is interested they'll contact you. If they view it and don't contact you, then they're probably not interested.

over a year ago

Sorry mr A but that's one of my pet hates and why I now look in mode, if I look and I'm interested then I message them. If I'm not then I don't

Also this.. "

Me too...you might have good intentions but it doesn't seem like altruistic good manners, more like jumping on a potential 'in'....

over a year ago

do you not think it smacks of desperation

By *bi HaiveMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Cheeseville, Somerset

Sign here if you're a

A

By *ustcutieWoman
over a year ago

edinburgh

"Sign here if you're a

A"

jc

By *omaMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

most profiles have an age range, say for arguments sake it is 25 - 45.

In some cases these figures are not set in stone.

I've browsed profiles of women and couples and found even though I'm outside their preferences they get back to me.

I think the age ranges are a rough guide for some, depending on their mood and circumstance.

Things are just fine the way they are.

over a year ago

do you not think it smacks of desperation "

Wtf why would you thank someone for looking at your profile?? Surely the fact they didn't bother to message should be enough of a hint to not message them

By *adybee77Woman
over a year ago

MAMOBA, miles and miles of bugger all (Aberdeenshire)

I don't want thanked for looking at a profile.

If I like what I see, I will contact someone, but I cannot know that til I look... but for someone I may have looked at a profile and thought "Ye gods, just not for me" to then message to say thanks for looking is just another add to the block list.

Another stealth perv here!

over a year ago

Most of the ladies on fab have more than enough messages to deal with from other fabsters looking for a meet with them without having to deal with a 'Thanks for looking at my profile' message.

I appreciate that you're just trying to be polite etc OP, but you may actually find that your good intentions are either not being appreciated, going unnoticed, or even pissing a few people off.

As has been said, many users browse in stealth mode for pretty much this exact reason.

over a year ago

Ffs will keep mouth shut in future not wanting to start world war 3

By *inaTitzTV/TS
over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

"Ffs will keep mouth shut in future not wanting to start world war 3 "

Try a few jokes or a look, suck or duck thread

over a year ago

"Ffs will keep mouth shut in future not wanting to start world war 3

Try a few jokes or a look, suck or duck thread "

over a year ago

Because they look as they know they cant have us lol

By *ENDAROOSCouple
over a year ago

So some people haven't agreed with you and have said why they don't think it's a good idea. Hardly starting WW3....

Why let it stop you posting your opinions / ideas. Be boring if we all thought the same...

over a year ago

Try a few jokes or a look, suck or duck thread "

giggidy

By *ustcutieWoman
over a year ago

edinburgh

You've been around fab and the forums long enough to know that not everyone will agree, it's not ww3

over a year ago

"I don't even really understand why the site has the "who viewed me" function. If someone has looked at your profile and is interested they'll contact you. If they view it and don't contact you, then they're probably not interested."

By *imply_SensualMan
over a year ago

warrington

Maybe they were hoping to see pictures of your nice car

over a year ago

"Because they look as they know they cant have us lol "

.desperation springs to mind

over a year ago

So some people haven't agreed with you and have said why they don't think it's a good idea. Hardly starting WW3....

Why let it stop you posting your opinions / ideas. Be boring if we all thought the same..."

That i can happily accept but when they throw in the desperation part it grips my shit that's all

over a year ago

"Because they look as they know they cant have us lol

.desperation springs to mind "

Yes it does there

over a year ago

How old are you? . . I haven't checked

over a year ago

I wouldn't even start to try and understand why some people on here do some of the things they do, it'll drive you bonkers. Fortunately, I already am so no harm done! Why not ask them, then you'll know

By *inaTitzTV/TS
over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

"

That i can happily accept but when they throw in the desperation part it grips my shit that's all "

On a point of order, just what have you been eating if your shit is that hard it can be gripped? And how did you find out it could be?

over a year ago

"

That i can happily accept but when they throw in the desperation part it grips my shit that's all

On a point of order, just what have you been eating if your shit is that hard it can be gripped? And how did you find out it could be? "

Try out the albran it works for me

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"I don't even really understand why the site has the "who viewed me" function. If someone has looked at your profile and is interested they'll contact you. If they view it and don't contact you, then they're probably not interested."

this

was interesting in this thread to see the "backtrack" the "insult" and the "victim"..... my 3 favourite OP based dance moves..........

damn how do you do the ninja stealth mode thingey.... oooh like this

oooh my army of columbian milk tray spooks type ninjas stealth mode peeps in the house.....

over a year ago

"Why do people view a profile which the person is out off there age range? "

I do it because I'm nosey and I like looking at pretty pictures

Post new Message to Thread