Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

The song remains the same ....?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Good Evening Fabbers

I hope you all had a lovely Sunday .

The pooch and I had a most productive time. We have walked , flown kites mowed the lawn built a model of a flying pig !!!

Also we made the most delicious Welsh Lamb dinner. Phew!

The Pooch followed a Mary Berry recipe to the letter though got a little creative with the wilted green vegetables. He is an artistic Pooch.

Whilst out on a wander through the beautiful North Wales countryside we shared the new Noel Gallagher / High Flying Birds album . Its terrific and we both agreed we quite enjoyed it. Ok its not Bjork but what is, ahh that gorgeous little pixie , she reminds me of some one . If your reading this yes it’s you!! How did I never not notice before, aghh too late ! My life in a nutshell.

Sorry I digress. I have been taken by the new single for the High Flying Birds Album, Ballad of the Mighty I . I told the Pooch how much I liked it and he replied , “yes its ok but the tune is Bus Stop by the Hollies , the please share my umbrella song.”

I came home youtubed it and blow me he is right.

So given the recent issues with Marvin Gaye’s Got To Give It Up and Pharrell Williams using that song for his own .

Is there any other instance of you hearing a song and going I think I have heard that before ?

Ps

Foo Fighters track, "Something For Nothing" and Dio Holy Diver

Have fun

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Start listening to the amazing Modern Love by Davie Bowie and I dare you not to think 'Footloose' with the 1st few bars.

Cheesy becomes class once it gets going.

over a year ago

"Good Evening Fabbers

The pooch and I had a most productive time. We have walked , flown kites mowed the lawn built a model of a flying pig !!!

The Pooch followed a Mary Berry recipe to the letter though got a little creative with the wilted green vegetables. He is an artistic Pooch.

Whilst out on a wander through the beautiful North Wales countryside we shared the new Noel Gallagher / High Flying Birds album . Its terrific and we both agreed we quite enjoyed it. Ok its not Bjork but what is, ahh that gorgeous little pixie , she reminds me of some one . If your reading this yes it’s you!! How did I never not notice before, aghh too late ! My life in a nutshell.

Sorry I digress. I have been taken by the new single for the High Flying Birds Album, Ballad of the Mighty I . I told the Pooch how much I liked it and he replied , “yes its ok but the tune is Bus Stop by the Hollies , the please share my umbrella song.”

So given the recent issues with Marvin Gaye’s Got To Give It Up and Pharrell Williams using that song for his own .

Is there any other instance of you hearing a song and going I think I have heard that before ?

Ps

Have fun

"

Pooch is right and it's been bugging me for ages which song it was - so high five to pooch. Also, my Mum was the model for the single cover of the Hollies hit back in the day (blessed/cursed with a very glam mum)

over a year ago

Another good one is I remember getting inimto screamadelica from primal scream and told friend they ripped Oasis off with similar guitar solos from Live Forever.

Suddenly thought it might have been those pesky Gallagher boys theiving. Listen at 2.35 of the album track http://youtu.be/RaPizqtODtE

over a year ago

"Another good one is I remember getting inimto screamadelica from primal scream and told friend they ripped Oasis off with similar guitar solos from Live Forever.

Suddenly thought it might have been those pesky Gallagher boys theiving. Listen at 2.35 of the album track http://youtu.be/RaPizqtODtE"

CORRECTION: don't look back in anger is the song oasis ripped off the solo but not live forever.

over a year ago

"Good Evening Fabbers

Ps

Have fun

Pooch is right and it's been bugging me for ages which song it was - so high five to pooch. Also, my Mum was the model for the single cover of the Hollies hit back in the day (blessed/cursed with a very glam mum) "

All part of the service he is a very musical pooch lol. Wow claim to fame you x x

By *igeiaWoman
over a year ago

Bristol

Beautiful Day by U2 is pretty much the same as The Sun Always Shines on TV by A-ha. And Some Girls by Rachel Stevens is very reminiscent of Ooh La La by Goldfrapp. Mind you, there are only so many chords in the world to go around (check out the 4 chord song by Axis of Awesome on the magical youtube thing).

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

Got Holy Diver on vinyl

over a year ago

"Got Holy Diver on vinyl "

Me too and all the singles from the album

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

Never bought a single in ma life, too much faffing about

over a year ago

Smells like teen spirit was so obviously inspired by Boston's More Than a Feeling that Nirvana used to segue one into the other live. Also Come as you are and Eighties by killing joke.

over a year ago

Winner :

Marc Bolan/T Rex : I Love To Boogie

versus

Webb Pierce : Teenage Boogie.

over a year ago

Buzzcock's Boredom and Orange Juice's Rip it up?

Erasure's Love to hate you and I Will Survive...an idea nicked again by Robbie Williams (but I don't want to admit to knowing any Robbie Williams songs).

over a year ago

"Buzzcock's Boredom and Orange Juice's Rip it up?

Erasure's Love to hate you and I Will Survive...an idea nicked again by Robbie Williams (but I don't want to admit to knowing any Robbie Williams songs)."

Robbie William eh? Twat.

"I know a freaky old lady name of cocaine Katy." (close)

I only know of that 'cos it's a direct steal off of a Silverstein pennned Dr Hook song. "The Cover Of The Rolling Stone"

over a year ago

There was a point in the late '90s when it was near on impossible to avoid hearing Robbie Williams somewhere at some point during the day.

Post new Message to Thread