FabSwingers.com mobile

Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Sealing small drips from a leaking shower and using a one hour setting sealant .

Jump to newest

By *at69drive OP   Man
over a year ago

Hertford

I have a very small drip from a shower which I have resealed on a few occasions . I have often wondered whether this resealing was necessary and possibly the water was dripping through the shower door and running along to the area where I believe the drip is coming from. There is a limescale mark on the wall where the drip runs down. When the shower was first installed it leaked really badly and had to be completely resealed . I have used a one hour quick drying silicone sealant on another shower and was wondering if there is any difference between these two sealants apart from the drying time . I have also noticed some mould on this new sealant which I used on another shower which is not a problem that I ever had with the 24 hour setting sealant . As I can identify the area of the wall where the drip is running down , would I be better sealing some vinyl to the wall as it is under the shower tray and collecting the drip in a small tray?. It seems a lot of work to completely reseal a shower for such a small drip. If I can catch the drip, I will ensure that when the floorboard is completely dry , I put wood hardener on it and then reseal the gap between the floor board and the tiles . This would then mean that any small drips from the shower lie on the lino.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

This post has given me such hope and happiness that I too could one day seal a shower. Thank you, you beautiful butterfly.

over a year ago

"This post has given me such hope and happiness that I too could one day seal a shower. Thank you, you beautiful butterfly. "

pmsl

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

I don't know the answer to your question but could one sealant have an anti mould.ingredient? Leaks from showers are a right royal pain aren't they!

over a year ago

Stop fannying around running bits of sealant here there and everywhere and stem the leak at source, either with ptfe on compression fittings or resolder the sweated joints.

over a year ago

I love it up the arse

Her xxx

over a year ago

Sorry, wrong thread

By *ittle Pocket PerveWoman
over a year ago

Portsmouth

"Sorry, wrong thread "

Lol....

over a year ago

hi use tect7 great stuff

over a year ago

A lot of sealants prevent mould. Look for the microban range

By *at69drive OP   Man
over a year ago

Hertford

"I don't know the answer to your question but could one sealant have an anti mould.ingredient? Leaks from showers are a right royal pain aren't they! "
. Those were my thoughts . I assumed that they all contained an anti mould ingredient unless the quick setting ones have a different set of ingredients .

By *at69drive OP   Man
over a year ago

Hertford

"Stop fannying around running bits of sealant here there and everywhere and stem the leak at source, either with ptfe on compression fittings or resolder the sweated joints."
The leak is either the shower door or between the tray and tiles ..I always have the thermostatic valves surface mounted so any leaks at joins can be easily seen.

over a year ago

Then replace the rubber on the door and rip all the old silicone out and renew the lot with anti fungicide bathroom sealant, put some weight in the tray to mimic someone standing in it.

over a year ago

"Then replace the rubber on the door and rip all the old silicone out and renew the lot with anti fungicide bathroom sealant, put some weight in the tray to mimic someone standing in it."

Post new Message to Thread