Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

FIRST DATE

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Hiii.

I have a first date tomorrow night with a non fabber and I am absolutely bricking it. Haven't had a proper date in a longggg time. Anyone got any tips? Or any hilarious first date disasters?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *riggsyMan
over a year ago

rugby

Just be yourself and think of it as dinner with a friend. Don't expect to fal head over heels onthe first date. He will be bricking it too hun. Just relax and go with the flow x

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

You will be fine! Just think of it like a social without the fab side!

Enjoy x

By *riggsyMan
over a year ago

rugby

Plus just seen your pics and your gorgeous. I think he'll be pleased to be dating such a good looking girl ??

By *igeiaWoman
over a year ago

Bristol

I set a bread basket on fire in a restaurant on a first date once. Paper napkin and candle combination...

over a year ago

its scarier than it should be isn't it?..had a couple recently...have a nice long pampery time first...with a glass of wine...but only one! and remind yourself how lucky he is! good luck!

By *oobsandballsMan
over a year ago

st andrews

If you already know of things you have in common, start the conversation there. Then it should just flow.

I had a social with a guy recently, one drink turned into a four hour chat. The first hour and a half was about fab, the rest was about geeky stuff

over a year ago

"I set a bread basket on fire in a restaurant on a first date once. Paper napkin and candle combination..."

Ouch! I saw a 1st date where a girl managed to knock the wine over and nearly tip her plate on herself. It was in an Italian place. It was cringe worthy. More so because it was me.

over a year ago

"I set a bread basket on fire in a restaurant on a first date once. Paper napkin and candle combination..."

marvellous! ive just spilt my red wine on my duvet laughing!

By *riggsyMan
over a year ago

rugby

oops lol. I had my sunroof leak water all over me before i left for my first date. Had to change clothes and sit on a towel in the car. Luckily it didn't cause any issues and we married. Divorced now of course but the date must have gone well lol

By *oobsandballsMan
over a year ago

st andrews

I'm quite clumsy so having a meal on a first date would be awful for me!

By *L RogueMan
over a year ago

London

"Hiii.

I have a first date tomorrow night with a non fabber and I am absolutely bricking it. Haven't had a proper date in a longggg time. Anyone got any tips? Or any hilarious first date disasters? "

Just enjoy it. Stay relaxed and take things step by step. He's probably bricking it too!

Good luck!

over a year ago

Thanks for the confidence. Im looking forward to it but just so nervous of doing something stupid lol. Also LOL at the mishaps, those will probably happen to me

over a year ago

"I'm quite clumsy so having a meal on a first date would be awful for me! "

I've never had one since I made myself look like a complete fool!

A date now is pub and a gin and tonic. Least likely to mark my clothes when I knock it over

By *trawberry-popWoman
over a year ago

South East Midlands NOT

Don't wear the sexiest slim heeled stilettos you own. they're great at looking sexy but really only having 1cm or less to support your heel can only end in disaster, as I found in a posh wine bar when I ended up on my arse, legs akimbo, knickers on display.

Not my best moment.

By *aneandpaulCouple
over a year ago

cleveleys

would not have a clue what to do even tho we have been playing year,s as a couple meeting couple,s and single men and women but always had Paul with me

over a year ago

Embarrassing moment like all the above can really add to the occasion. If you can both laugh about it, it can really show a commonality between you. Have fun, don't force it and most importantly just be yourself...

over a year ago

Many moons ago I was run over on my way to a first date. It was only very minor but did need an ambulance. I did ring her the following day as this was the 80's so unlike popular belief no cell phone that's what they were called in those days. Anyway she totally finding believe a word and told me to f¥€$ off in no unquestioned terms. We did subsequently have a few other dates together after that including one where I ended up braking her toilet but that's another story.

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

Just relax and don't drink too much

over a year ago

Just imagine it's me you're dating... oh wait, that's not gonna help, that's only gonna make you more nervous. My bad.

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

Don't start the conversation with, Why did you join Fab?

Relax, listen, smile, speak, enjoy.

By *L RogueMan
over a year ago

London

Bump!

How did it go?

over a year ago

It seemed to go well. Though I did get d*unk and spill a drink on myself. There was talks of a second date And there was a lottttttttt of kissing involved. Trying my hardest to wait for him to get in touch first so I don't look needy

over a year ago

"It seemed to go well. Though I did get d*unk and spill a drink on myself. There was talks of a second date And there was a lottttttttt of kissing involved. Trying my hardest to wait for him to get in touch first so I don't look needy "

if i got d*unk on a first date id class that as a disaster.. lol

still hope he got back to you

By *L RogueMan
over a year ago

London

"It seemed to go well. Though I did get d*unk and spill a drink on myself. There was talks of a second date And there was a lottttttttt of kissing involved. Trying my hardest to wait for him to get in touch first so I don't look needy

if i got d*unk on a first date id class that as a disaster.. lol

still hope he got back to you"

I spilled drink on myself during a first date.

I wasn't d*unk.

Got a second date though!

I hope he calls/texts you. No harm in getting in touch though if you like him though.

By *irceWoman
over a year ago

Gloucester

"Embarrassing moment like all the above can really add to the occasion. If you can both laugh about it, it can really show a commonality between you. Have fun, don't force it and most importantly just be yourself... "

Post new Message to Thread