Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

tiredness or depression?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Just wondered if anyone can shed light on my predicament.

I am tired all the time and lack energy. I do have a few issues at home and at work.

Am not sure if I am just over tired or suffering with depression.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

The clocks are due to change soon..... always makes me feel knackered

Hope you feel better soon

over a year ago

How much training are you doing? Very easy to overtrain and end up tired and weak. Maybe see dr get blood test etc to see if everythings ok and have a quick chat with him while there

By *trawberry-popWoman
over a year ago

South East Midlands NOT

"Just wondered if anyone can shed light on my predicament.

I am tired all the time and lack energy. I do have a few issues at home and at work.

Am not sure if I am just over tired or suffering with depression."

Depression can make you tired, and tiredness can make you feel depressed. They often go hand in hand. Perhaps speak to a medical professional.

over a year ago

Could be many reasons why.

Poor sleep cycle

Poor diet

Not enough water

Lack of Vitamins

The list goes on

Speak to your doctor

By *ENDAROOSCouple
over a year ago

South West London / Surrey

Go to you GP and talk to them.....

One of the first things they will probably do is send you for blood tests.

over a year ago

Well I must admit I do hate dark early nights In winter.

over a year ago

The two aren't mutually exclusive so could be a mixture of both.

Best thing to do is see your GP and tell them as much as possible about how you're feeling.

S x

over a year ago

I have had blood test they are fine. Ten minutes at gym and am tired and feel light headed.

By *ere-for-my-convenienceWoman
over a year ago

West Midlands

Ask your GP

Smiles xxx

Hopefully you'll feel much better soon

I've had depression for a long time

I'm currently free from that demon

But if you think negatively about most things it's probably depression

Hugs

over a year ago

"Could be many reasons why.

Poor sleep cycle

Poor diet

Not enough water

Lack of Vitamins

The list goes on

Speak to your doctor "

What he said

over a year ago

I will tomorrow.

over a year ago

Its a new season so we are bound to be more tired cos of season change, I been tired for 2 weeks as well

over a year ago

Sure I understand that. And winter does get me down.

over a year ago

Few things going on at home? Sounds like you are stressed/worried/anxious?? I feel way more tired when I'm dealing with "stuff" in my life.

Her x

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

I've not read all the replies, and if you've added anything to the main post.

Stress is a major factor that will tire people - and with the issues that you mention, it sounds like you've perhaps had a fair amount of stress around for some time: that's not good or healthy!

Depression is something that you'd probably feel as a very low emotional state - it's feasible to feel tired from that too. Really you'd be best to talk things through with someone who's trained, so that they could help diagnose that.

Overall, our emotional states aren't always clean cut and unconnected to the rest. Stress hormones are not good for our overall health, including emotional well being.

If you can target areas where you may be able to lessen the load, cut things out as well as make time to make relaxation a regular part of your lifestyle, then it should help alleviate that. I think it's important to give yourself as much of a break from it as you can.

And also to find the time to enjoy yourself, where your mood is lifted some of the time. Maybe spending time with people who'll uplift you a bit, not be judgemental or load you with anything.

Eat well and include some regular exercise in your routine, as these will have influence upon your emotional state. If you can get outdoors, even if it's just a walk in Markeaton Park, then that could help you to relax too.

over a year ago

Thank you for your response. I think that your right. I need to find time to relax. I have a full time job in care and also work at a hospital on day's off. I suppose the fact that am getting older doesn't help either.

over a year ago

The stress hormone is cortisol. If you have chronic stress it becomes exhausting having this stuff floating around in your system for a long time.

What I sent in the PM may help you though. Do everything you can to support your body to be healthy, as has been listed above.

By *inkxRabbitWoman
over a year ago

Wok-ish Horsell temporarily

This is me. Mind you, don't take bipolar tests online! Apparently I'm moderate to severe (am not!)

By *eforfuncplCouple
over a year ago

Morecambe

Go to your GP could be what you think prevent diabetes ..... Always worth speaking to GP hope you just tired xxx

over a year ago

Get your testosterone levels checked. They naturally lower when you reach a certain age.

I'm now prescribed testosterone on a private prescription and feel like a new man. My energy levels increased and I have a pleasant state of wellness about me now almost a buzz in the mornings.

It's under prescribed in the uk for medicinal reasons however it's readily available on private prescription.

over a year ago

"Get your testosterone levels checked. They naturally lower when you reach a certain age.

I'm now prescribed testosterone on a private prescription and feel like a new man. My energy levels increased and I have a pleasant state of wellness about me now almost a buzz in the mornings.

It's under prescribed in the uk for medicinal reasons however it's readily available on private prescription. "

How do you obtain a private prescription? My husband has very low testosterone (tested years ago) and medicating it was never suggested - he was just left to it?

over a year ago

"Get your testosterone levels checked. They naturally lower when you reach a certain age.

It's under prescribed in the uk for medicinal reasons however it's readily available on private prescription.

How do you obtain a private prescription? My husband has very low testosterone (tested years ago) and medicating it was never suggested - he was just left to it?"

I have private medical insurance so got it through them. You can get it on the NHS as long as you find a sympathetic doctor or kick up enough fuss.

It's routinely prescribed in the US.

By *icked weaselCouple
over a year ago

Near Edinburgh..

Might just be Seasonal Affective Disorder.. or SAD for short..

Im sure i Suffer from it..

over a year ago

"I've not read all the replies, and if you've added anything to the main post.

Stress is a major factor that will tire people - and with the issues that you mention, it sounds like you've perhaps had a fair amount of stress around for some time: that's not good or healthy!

Depression is something that you'd probably feel as a very low emotional state - it's feasible to feel tired from that too. Really you'd be best to talk things through with someone who's trained, so that they could help diagnose that.

Overall, our emotional states aren't always clean cut and unconnected to the rest. Stress hormones are not good for our overall health, including emotional well being.

If you can target areas where you may be able to lessen the load, cut things out as well as make time to make relaxation a regular part of your lifestyle, then it should help alleviate that. I think it's important to give yourself as much of a break from it as you can.

And also to find the time to enjoy yourself, where your mood is lifted some of the time. Maybe spending time with people who'll uplift you a bit, not be judgemental or load you with anything.

Eat well and include some regular exercise in your routine, as these will have influence upon your emotional state. If you can get outdoors, even if it's just a walk in Markeaton Park, then that could help you to relax too."

Great advice, I can vouch for everything said here.

.. Start looking after yourself across tge board

over a year ago

Thanks everyone for your contributions. I will take on board the comments. Cheers everyone x

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

"Thanks everyone for your contributions. I will take on board the comments. Cheers everyone x"

Just take one step at a time, as stressing yourself to change will add pressure to you. The relaxation repeated will lower your cortisol levels. Good luck and feel free to message at any point.

By *ampWithABrainWoman
over a year ago

Glasgow

Could be mild SAD also consider adrenal fatigue (not properly recognised in UK yet)

over a year ago

Could be a minor form of SAD or even something as simple as a b12 deficiency have another set of bloods done to test more specifically as a single blood test will only look for big red flags such as blood born diseases infections and such x

By *v_heatherTV/TS
over a year ago

Leeds

Just been to the Dr with something similar (and also a few symptoms that all flag up diabetes - which it could also be). They will probably send you for blood tests for a variety of things including anemia and Vit D deficiency (which is apparently an increasing problem)

Also do a google for sleep hygiene as if could just be down to low quality sleep

over a year ago

Thank you all for your comments. X

over a year ago

I thought of SAD initially but as the days get longer I feel a bit better.

Depression or Black Dog will put you in bed for a week. You'll certainly know weather it's low mood or Depression then.

over a year ago

Go to a doctors, wouldn't think any of us can give you a solid medical diagnosis

By *SweetVioletxWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

If you're feeling light headed when training at the gym it is most likely diet related.

People forget how much their diet and water in take impacts on both their physical and mental well being.

Get checked out by your GP but don't be looking for anything sinister if you're diet isn't right for your lifestyle.

over a year ago

Theres this New thing, Dont know if you have read or heard about it.

Its called a Doctors Surgery?

Gimp

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

"Theres this New thing, Dont know if you have read or heard about it.

Its called a Doctors Surgery?

Gimp"

In some parts of the country getting a GP appointment is harder than finding a single bi female with a millionaire dad.

By *airy_HettyWoman
over a year ago

Greater London

"Sure I understand that. And winter does get me down."

Do you have Seasonal Affective Disorder?

By *inkxRabbitWoman
over a year ago

Wok-ish Horsell temporarily

You've got depression if you've felt low for three weeks or more, are sleeping more or less than usual, aren't enjoying things you used to. There is help out there. You just have to ask for it.

Post new Message to Thread