Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

2015 fit and healthy part 4...

Jump to newest

By *issHottieBottie OP   Woman
over a year ago

Kent

Well we are nearly 2 months into the new year already and I good that everyone is keeping up with their goals whatever they are..

I decided to eat like a big fat pig all day yesterday and I've woken up today feeling rotten so I'm on a detox the rest of the week. Need to sort out the constant nagging to eat sweet stuff!!

My mini goal was to get under 9 1/2 stone by the end of march and I'm well on track for that so any extra is a bonus!!

(closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I want to put weight on want to get to 13.5 stone then cut back to 13. Im at 12st4 at the minute

Well done miss hotty bet you look

Reply privately

over a year ago

I'm 19lbs down since January, just motivating myself to keep going. It takes a good few stone to be able to see a difference on myself, but at the weekend even my mum said I looked like I'd lost weight (and she doesn't do compliments) so that feels like a mini achievement in itself!

Reply privately

over a year ago

Kent

"I'm 19lbs down since January, just motivating myself to keep going. It takes a good few stone to be able to see a difference on myself, but at the weekend even my mum said I looked like I'd lost weight (and she doesn't do compliments) so that feels like a mini achievement in itself! "

It's always nice when someone else notices

Reply privately

over a year ago

Did Portsmouth half on Sunday. Very windy in the second half so pleased with vvery consistent splits throughout.

At the HQ, there was an advert for an ultra in December, crystal asked if I was going to do it and I must admit I'm very tempted...

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I'm 19lbs down since January, just motivating myself to keep going. It takes a good few stone to be able to see a difference on myself, but at the weekend even my mum said I looked like I'd lost weight (and she doesn't do compliments) so that feels like a mini achievement in itself! "

Wow 19 pounds is an excellent effort keep up the great work.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I am in the cutting phase and everything is going fine to get ripped to the shreds

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I am in the cutting phase and everything is going fine to get ripped to the shreds "

are you competing shag?

I know a few guys at our gym who are cutting in prep for comps at the NEC

Reply privately

over a year ago

I'm slowly losing but seem to be stuck having lost 17lbs since 5th jan. I have been increasing my exercises gradually (abs, and squats mainly) so wonder if that may be why I seem to have reached a bit of a stand still?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Shamefully, Ive gained over the last few weeks, a result of busy work, trying to get a new venture off the ground and poor eating habit.

Kick in the lard arse needed here.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I am in the cutting phase and everything is going fine to get ripped to the shreds

are you competing shag?

"

No not competing but get the body ready for the beach when you strip off lol. I just call it cutting. But yes few others do compete. Do u follow the nec one?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I am in the cutting phase and everything is going fine to get ripped to the shreds

are you competing shag?

No not competing but get the body ready for the beach when you strip off lol. I just call it cutting. But yes few others do compete. Do u follow the nec one?"

I do yes, a personal trainer friend of mine competes every year.

Reply privately

over a year ago

are you competing shag?

No not competing but get the body ready for the beach when you strip off lol. I just call it cutting. But yes few others do compete. Do u follow the nec one?

I do yes, a personal trainer friend of mine competes every year."

yes thats good. My idol in the sport is jay cutler and kali muscles.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Kent

"I'm slowly losing but seem to be stuck having lost 17lbs since 5th jan. I have been increasing my exercises gradually (abs, and squats mainly) so wonder if that may be why I seem to have reached a bit of a stand still?"

Are you eating enough? When I started doing much more exercise I stopped losing weight as I wasn't eating enough, upped my cals with lots more protein and losses started again x

Reply privately

over a year ago

Kent

are you competing shag?

I do yes, a personal trainer friend of mine competes every year."

I'm trying to find out if the competition that Dana linn bailey is competing in a few weeks will be shown on the TV. She's freakin awesome and i would love to see her in action x

Reply privately

over a year ago

Is that the NEC one?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I'm slowly losing but seem to be stuck having lost 17lbs since 5th jan. I have been increasing my exercises gradually (abs, and squats mainly) so wonder if that may be why I seem to have reached a bit of a stand still?

Are you eating enough? When I started doing much more exercise I stopped losing weight as I wasn't eating enough, upped my cals with lots more protein and losses started again x "

Maybe I'm not.....it just doesn't seem right to be eating to lose weight!

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I'm slowly losing but seem to be stuck having lost 17lbs since 5th jan. I have been increasing my exercises gradually (abs, and squats mainly) so wonder if that may be why I seem to have reached a bit of a stand still?

Are you eating enough? When I started doing much more exercise I stopped losing weight as I wasn't eating enough, upped my cals with lots more protein and losses started again x

Maybe I'm not.....it just doesn't seem right to be eating to lose weight! "

yes it does. Focus on protein cos u can eat loads then and keep carbs to 100g a day or so.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Kent

"Is that the NEC one?

"

No it's the Arnold sports festival in America it's in about a week I think x

Reply privately

By *ust_for_laughsCouple
over a year ago

Hinckley

After a horrendous couple of nights last week (one pissed gig and a d*unken night at our friends, who only cooks with butter!), I still managed to lose a lb!

Thank God for the bike

That's 14.5lbs since the first week in January.

12lbs to go to my goal weight of 13st.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I know what you mean Anna! I had to lose loads of weight just to get down one dress size - but it was worth it! Very well done hun - that's a heck of an achievement!!

Reply privately

By *reelove1969Couple
over a year ago

bristol

doing gym also and enjoying it alot more than I expected to ....the eating protein lark is the hard bit ....I dont like meat or cheese and tend to eat mostly carbs which seems like all the wrong things but going to plod on and see where we end up

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I'm 19lbs down since January, just motivating myself to keep going. It takes a good few stone to be able to see a difference on myself, but at the weekend even my mum said I looked like I'd lost weight (and she doesn't do compliments) so that feels like a mini achievement in itself!

I know what you mean Anna! I had to lose loads of weight just to get down one dress size - but it was worth it! Very well done hun - that's a heck of an achievement!! "

It'll be about another 19lbs before I go down a dress size, I'm deceptively heavy Thank you xx

Reply privately

By *MP3Man
over a year ago

Between Scylla and Charybdis

I've managed to get leaner in the past two months, though I'm still weighing in at 14 stone which I'm pleased with. My chest is 11" bigger than my waist and I'm putting size on my bi's, tri's, delts and quads so it's all good

I'm training a 5 day split and my diet has been reasonably strict so I'm making good progress

Reply privately

over a year ago

Kent

"I've managed to get leaner in the past two months, though I'm still weighing in at 14 stone which I'm pleased with. My chest is 11" bigger than my waist and I'm putting size on my bi's, tri's, delts and quads so it's all good

I'm training a 5 day split and my diet has been reasonably strict so I'm making good progress "

If your pics are anything to go by you look great

Reply privately

By *MP3Man
over a year ago

Why thank you Ms HottieBottie, as do you

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I'm 19lbs down since January, just motivating myself to keep going. It takes a good few stone to be able to see a difference on myself, but at the weekend even my mum said I looked like I'd lost weight (and she doesn't do compliments) so that feels like a mini achievement in itself!

I know what you mean Anna! I had to lose loads of weight just to get down one dress size - but it was worth it! Very well done hun - that's a heck of an achievement!!

It'll be about another 19lbs before I go down a dress size, I'm deceptively heavy Thank you xx"

Yeah but I seem to remember you're pretty tall? - and tall women are usually a lot heavier than they look! I'm almost 11st - but people usually think i'm about 9st - until they try to lift me up in a moment of passion - I love seeing the look of surprise and mild pain cross their face before they put me down again!!

Reply privately

over a year ago

Kent

"Why thank you Ms HottieBottie, as do you "

Thanks. I dunno what I'm doing really now I need a proper programme but no idea where to start. Lol. I just wing it at the moment!!

Reply privately

over a year ago

It'll be about another 19lbs before I go down a dress size, I'm deceptively heavy Thank you xx

Yeah but I seem to remember you're pretty tall? - and tall women are usually a lot heavier than they look! I'm almost 11st - but people usually think i'm about 9st - until they try to lift me up in a moment of passion - I love seeing the look of surprise and mild pain cross their face before they put me down again!! "

Yeah I'm 5'10. It'll come, it just takes a long time to be noticeable. Plus I carry weight quite evenly (which is a good thing) but it means it's not really noticeable especially when losing gradually.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Yeah but I seem to remember you're pretty tall? - and tall women are usually a lot heavier than they look! I'm almost 11st - but people usually think i'm about 9st - until they try to lift me up in a moment of passion - I love seeing the look of surprise and mild pain cross their face before they put me down again!! "

Damn...i don't even have that excuse....I'm just a lard arse

Reply privately

over a year ago

Yeah but I seem to remember you're pretty tall? - and tall women are usually a lot heavier than they look! I'm almost 11st - but people usually think i'm about 9st - until they try to lift me up in a moment of passion - I love seeing the look of surprise and mild pain cross their face before they put me down again!!

Yeah I'm 5'10. It'll come, it just takes a long time to be noticeable. Plus I carry weight quite evenly (which is a good thing) but it means it's not really noticeable especially when losing gradually. "

Exactly the same figure as me by the sound of it! I remember hitting a wall at about 2 stone - for several weeks - and only lost the last stone by cutting my portion sizes down by 20%. It was horrid for a week or so - but my stomach soon shrunk and now I could never eat as much as I used to! I've found that the weight has stayed off too! Please let me know how you get on and feel free to pm me if you hit any hitches! Xx

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Damn...i don't even have that excuse....I'm just a lard arse "

Oh I'm a lard arse as well, but I'll continue to blame being tall

Reply privately

By *MP3Man
over a year ago

"Why thank you Ms HottieBottie, as do you

Thanks. I dunno what I'm doing really now I need a proper programme but no idea where to start. Lol. I just wing it at the moment!!"

Working a split routine gets results. Don't be afraid to lift weights. The perception is that lifting weights will make a women a big, that's not the case, cupcakes do that

Reply privately

over a year ago

Thanks. I dunno what I'm doing really now I need a proper programme but no idea where to start. Lol. I just wing it at the moment!!

Working a split routine gets results. Don't be afraid to lift weights. The perception is that lifting weights will make a women a big, that's not the case, cupcakes do that "

Definitely

A simple PPL routine (push, pull, legs) will be a big benefit.

Be loyal to your squats

Reply privately

over a year ago

Kent

Working a split routine gets results. Don't be afraid to lift weights. The perception is that lifting weights will make a women a big, that's not the case, cupcakes do that

Definitely

Be loyal to your squats "

PPL? Eh? Explain further please

Reply privately

By *MP3Man
over a year ago

Definitely

Be loyal to your squats

PPL? Eh? Explain further please "

Push day will involve chest, triceps and shoulders and pull day will be back and biceps. Leg day will be squats, extensions, calf raises etc. As ejay said, be loyal to your squats

Reply privately

over a year ago

Kent

Definitely

Be loyal to your squats

PPL? Eh? Explain further please

Push day will involve chest, triceps and shoulders and pull day will be back and biceps. Leg day will be squats, extensions, calf raises etc. As ejay said, be loyal to your squats "

Ah right. I can do that! Although I have to take it easy with chest stuff coz I don't want funny boobs!

Reply privately

By *MP3Man
over a year ago

Remember that weights will lift and tighten your chest. Just go a little easier on incline, which hits the top of your pec

Reply privately

over a year ago

Kent

"Remember that weights will lift and tighten your chest. Just go a little easier on incline, which hits the top of your pec"

I don't want it tightened, it'll squash my implants down! Mine are under the muscle lol x

Reply privately

By *MP3Man
over a year ago

Lol in that case lift very carefully

Reply privately

By *edangel_2013Woman
over a year ago

southend

I have leg day tomorrow. Yay!! My favourite day!! Especially as this week it's with my PT, he always pushes me further on leg day.

Then on Friday I have curcuit training with him. His current favourite punishment, I mean routine, is an 8 exercise curcuit followed by 1km on the rower as HIIT. This is usually the day I call him every 4 letter word I'm able to utter.

Reply privately

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

Thanks. I dunno what I'm doing really now I need a proper programme but no idea where to start. Lol. I just wing it at the moment!!"

Book a session at your gym with a personal trainer. They'll do a programme for you.

I did my weights DVD today with my new weights. I am going to assume that I won't be able to lift my arms above my shoulders tomorrow.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Kent

Book a session at your gym with a personal trainer. They'll do a programme for you.

I did my weights DVD today with my new weights. I am going to assume that I won't be able to lift my arms above my shoulders tomorrow. "

Probably!! I did a load of skull crushers yesterday and my triceps are killing me today!

Reply privately

By *ikeC81Man
over a year ago

harrow

4km done in 23.22 so happy days this morning

But also done 5.5 km on bike and 10 mins on rowing machine

Calves feel like they will explode this morning

Though I can feel myself getting fitter

Reply privately

By *ikeC81Man
over a year ago

harrow

"I have leg day tomorrow. Yay!! My favourite day!! Especially as this week it's with my PT, he always pushes me further on leg day.

Then on Friday I have curcuit training with him. His current favourite punishment, I mean routine, is an 8 exercise curcuit followed by 1km on the rower as HIIT. This is usually the day I call him every 4 letter word I'm able to utter."

Is that sexy and love - reds going to kick my arse for that

Reply privately

over a year ago

Kent

Right.. I've lost the plot the past couple of days, I won't go into details but it involved Macdonalds and a packet of biscuits. Shameful!!

Sooooo I'm back in business today. Just had a huge lunch with a whopping 83g of protein and lots of broccoli. Time to shred some fat!!

Reply privately

over a year ago

Lost 2lb this week, just wish the weather would hurry up & improve

Reply privately

over a year ago

Kent

Gym...done!!

Tomorrow is fittie Friday so I'm off to piloxing then the gym for an hour.

Reply privately

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

So far this week I have run 2 miles on Tuesday, did another 2 miles effort session at running club on Wednesday and some odd drills, done weights and some walking this morning before work and some circuits at lunchtime in the gym.

That's it for me now until Saturday and parkrun #45

Reply privately

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

Not a great day yesterday. Spent all day on trains and my boss tempted me into two cocktails and a bag of cashews. But it's a fast day today, plus a 30 min walk, plus 30 mins elliptical, plus a really good Metafit session. I am hoping to be full of vim and vigour for my trip to Chameleons tomorrow.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Kent

I've got ouchie bits on ouchie bits today...

Reply privately

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 28/02/15 16:42:22]

Reply privately

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

"I've got ouchie bits on ouchie bits today... "

My triceps are still ouchie from the reverse planks two days ago.

Reply privately

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

OK why did no-one tell me that Chameleons put on an awesome buffet? I ate far too much! Still, no gain this week which I'll take with relief.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I'm in.

Day 1 for me is to not eat any junk food. Been eating chocolate every day since Christmas.

Will focus on fitness when I get a chance!

Just. Gotta. Get. Through. Today.

Reply privately

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

Need to lose 2.5lb by Thursday.

I know I shouldn't but taking drastic measures just for a few days

Reply privately

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

"Need to lose 2.5lb by Thursday.

"

Do you have a boxing match or something?

Reply privately

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

Do you have a boxing match or something?"

my 50th

Reply privately

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

Do you have a boxing match or something?my 50th "

Oooh party! Don't worry about it. Weight fluctuates so much over a week you could lose it by Tuesday and put it on again by Thursday. I'm using weight loss as a long term goal, but am really marking my successes by fitness goals.

Reply privately

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

Do you have a boxing match or something?my 50th

Oooh party! Don't worry about it. Weight fluctuates so much over a week you could lose it by Tuesday and put it on again by Thursday. I'm using weight loss as a long term goal, but am really marking my successes by fitness goals."

I just had a mini target to get to for my birthday, it also means it will be 8 1/2stone loss with just another 3 stone to go

Reply privately

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

Do you have a boxing match or something?my 50th

Oooh party! Don't worry about it. Weight fluctuates so much over a week you could lose it by Tuesday and put it on again by Thursday. I'm using weight loss as a long term goal, but am really marking my successes by fitness goals.I just had a mini target to get to for my birthday, it also means it will be 8 1/2stone loss with just another 3 stone to go

"

You've done so well!

Just don't let it spoil your day if it doesn't happen. You still look fab for your birthday.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Kent

Another 1 & 1/4lb off this week..

It's slowing down now but I knew it would towards the end.. Got about 10 weeks till licketys party. Would love to get another 14 lb off by then but it'll be tough I think.. Getting under 9 stone would do. So that's 7lb to go. Anything else is a bonus

And they've just announced the date for my school reunion. Couldn't of timed that any better..

Reply privately

By *etitesaraTV/TS
over a year ago

rochdale

No riding due to weather (& rugby) so two 1hr sessions on the turbo this weekend, burning 1000 calories per session. getting really fed up of the turbo & really want to get out on the bike properly again.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Think I've put on weight in the time I've took reading the thread

Just results x

Reply privately

over a year ago

Kent

An hours kettlebell class when I'm not feeling 100% and I can already tell that was a bad idea!!! Feel like shit now

Reply privately

over a year ago

Really happy as lost another 4lbs over past two weeks after plateauing, getting towards 2 & 1/2 stone lost now. I'm hoping the Spring weather will spur me on further!

Reply privately

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

1lb to go till my birthday target and 2 days can I do it lol?

In fairness its only 1lb but I wanted 81/2stone loss for my birthday

Reply privately

over a year ago

Kent

"Really happy as lost another 4lbs over past two weeks after plateauing, getting towards 2 & 1/2 stone lost now. I'm hoping the Spring weather will spur me on further! "

Well done. I'm looking forward to warmer weather and lots of salads x

Reply privately

over a year ago

Kent

"1lb to go till my birthday target and 2 days can I do it lol?

In fairness its only 1lb but I wanted 81/2stone loss for my birthday"

I hope you're earring properly young lady!! Don't make me come over there...

Reply privately

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

I hope you're earring properly young lady!! Don't make me come over there... "

its only 2 more days, 200 calories about 20 cups of coffee and 40 fags are keeping me going

Reply privately

over a year ago

Kent

I hope you're earring properly young lady!! Don't make me come over there... its only 2 more days, 200 calories about 20 cups of coffee and 40 fags are keeping me going "

I'm gonna pretend I didn't see that!!

Reply privately

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

I hope you're earring properly young lady!! Don't make me come over there... its only 2 more days, 200 calories about 20 cups of coffee and 40 fags are keeping me going

I'm gonna pretend I didn't see that!! "

Ditto!

Abs Blast class today. More like damn and blast, although at least I kept up, which is more than I can say for some of the young 'uns there . Definitely getting stronger if I can hold a plank for a minute.

Reply privately

By *reelove1969Couple
over a year ago

bristol

yoga tomorrow and zumba ...loving the yoga ...think its my favourite class ..and the instructor is q bit of a hunk !!

Reply privately

over a year ago

I got chest tomoroow and biceps. I am eating the final carbing meal 10pm tonight, 100g pasta and 250g chicken = 60g protein and 70g carbs

Reply privately

over a year ago

Kent

OMG... I'm in agony today. Can't barely lift my arms.. This should make today's social interesting.. Will he mind picking my coffee cup up for me do you think?

Reply privately

over a year ago

I like when i ache the next day after training just means a good workout, although few weeks ago did squats for first time and next day took ages to get downstairs i could hardly move. Good luck with the social

Reply privately

over a year ago

evesham

Just done 2.2 miles on the treadmill before work. Love having a gym at work

Reply privately

By *edangel_2013Woman
over a year ago

southend

"I like when i ache the next day after training just means a good workout, although few weeks ago did squats for first time and next day took ages to get downstairs i could hardly move. Good luck with the social"

I loooooooove squatting. My all time favourite exercise. When I'm with my PT I'm squatting about 65kg now, but only like doing it when there is someone around to spot me.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I like when i ache the next day after training just means a good workout, although few weeks ago did squats for first time and next day took ages to get downstairs i could hardly move. Good luck with the social

I loooooooove squatting. My all time favourite exercise. When I'm with my PT I'm squatting about 65kg now, but only like doing it when there is someone around to spot me."

Yes i like it and deadlifts too soon get the heart pumping

Reply privately

over a year ago

Kent

Help.. I'm in more pain today than yesterday.. That kettlebells class has ruined me!! I need to be better for circuit training tomorrow!!

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Help.. I'm in more pain today than yesterday.. That kettlebells class has ruined me!! I need to be better for circuit training tomorrow!! "

Hopefully you'll feel better later. They say no pain no gain I guess, but not too much pain ! I did kettlebells and TRX yesterday , I ache today too. Still it'll be worth it in the end.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Kent

"Help.. I'm in more pain today than yesterday.. That kettlebells class has ruined me!! I need to be better for circuit training tomorrow!!

Hopefully you'll feel better later. They say no pain no gain I guess, but not too much pain ! I did kettlebells and TRX yesterday , I ache today too. Still it'll be worth it in the end. "

It's awful! I've used kettlebells in my workouts before but this was the full hour. My legs are a bit better today but my shoulders are torture.. X

Reply privately

over a year ago

Was watching the skip class yesterday after our workout.

That looks like hard graft.

Someone should invent a miranda inspired trotting class.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Gone and turned my ankle over on a bad bit of pavement.

It's been a week now and still swollen and sore

There goes my half marathon training plan

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Was watching the skip class yesterday after our workout.

That looks like hard graft.

Someone should invent a miranda inspired trotting class. "

Reply privately

over a year ago

I've lost a stone and 4% body fat in the last 6 weeks! Lots of weights and resistance and tabata training, just trying to keep it up that's the hard part

Reply privately

over a year ago

Working a split routine gets results. Don't be afraid to lift weights. The perception is that lifting weights will make a women a big, that's not the case, cupcakes do that "

high reps lower weights for muscle tone, lower reps higher weights for bulk, i do a mix, high weights(for me) 3x12 reps 45kg bench, then 3x20 reps at 30kg. seems to be working nicely! carbs are kept to about 100gms a day, rice or potatoes, no longer touch bread or pasta, been fat my whole adult life, tried every diet under the sun, so yoyo'd alot, now thrown them all out the window and just look at what i put in my mouth versus how active i am, 21lb off this yr so far, after 2stone off last yr so happy with progress but still a way to go to get too the size and shape i want.x

Reply privately

over a year ago

I need my mojo back heeeeeellllllppppppppp

Reply privately

over a year ago

Grrrr Another week of not losing anything at all

On the plus side a fab friend told me I should think about taking my pics down as I look nothing like them now. ....at least I hope that's a positive

Reply privately

over a year ago

Kent

"Grrrr Another week of not losing anything at all

On the plus side a fab friend told me I should think about taking my pics down as I look nothing like them now. ....at least I hope that's a positive "

I finally got around to doing a couple of new ones.

Look forward to seeing yours!!

Reply privately

over a year ago

2lb off again this week

Reply privately

over a year ago

Not weighing myself currently (probably should be) but I'm in the gym 3 times a week, an hour of all over heavy weights, good core session then a fast 25 minute run. I try to eat as healthy as I can (just had an egg white omelette on gluten free toast) but my sweet tooth is absolutely lethal...

Reply privately

over a year ago

Kent

"Not weighing myself currently (probably should be) but I'm in the gym 3 times a week, an hour of all over heavy weights, good core session then a fast 25 minute run. I try to eat as healthy as I can (just had an egg white omelette on gluten free toast) but my sweet tooth is absolutely lethal... "

Same here! I've bought a load of pots of 10 calorie jelly! That helps when it gets bad. X

Reply privately

over a year ago

evesham

did my longest run ever today...7,47 miles

still a mile short of my target though

Reply privately

over a year ago

Kent

"did my longest run ever today...7,47 miles

still a mile short of my target though "

Wow Evie!! I can still only just make 5k before I can't go any further. Although I'm not running regularly enough to improve x

Reply privately

over a year ago

evesham

Wow Evie!! I can still only just make 5k before I can't go any further. Although I'm not running regularly enough to improve x "

took me a long time though lol

Reply privately

over a year ago

Wow Evie!! I can still only just make 5k before I can't go any further. Although I'm not running regularly enough to improve x

took me a long time though lol"

Still lapping everyone on the couch

I can't run more than 5k it kills my shins, good for you x

Reply privately

over a year ago

Kent

took me a long time though lol"

That doesn't matter. Look how far you've come.. Well done you! You should be very proud x

Reply privately

By *reelove1969Couple
over a year ago

bristol

well done Evie ...in agony after an insanity workout yesterday ..hoping to be recovered for next class tomorrow

Reply privately

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

Good Metafit session tonight. I'm hoping that eventually I can move on to the grown up classes, like Body Combat, which last an hour.

Reply privately

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

Bang on what I wanted to be for my birthday, total so far 8 1\2stone loss.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Lost another 3lb when I weighed myself yesterday.... If i drop a few more and id have lost a stone! Really hope I can get to the 1 stone mark as dieting and exercise has always been something I've struggled with, its such a good feeling when things are going right though

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Lost another 3lb when I weighed myself yesterday.... If i drop a few more and id have lost a stone! Really hope I can get to the 1 stone mark as dieting and exercise has always been something I've struggled with, its such a good feeling when things are going right though "

Hope you change your description from curvy to slim x

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Lost another 3lb when I weighed myself yesterday.... If i drop a few more and id have lost a stone! Really hope I can get to the 1 stone mark as dieting and exercise has always been something I've struggled with, its such a good feeling when things are going right though

Hope you change your description from curvy to slim x"

Aha I'm miles off that believe me!

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Lost another 3lb when I weighed myself yesterday.... If i drop a few more and id have lost a stone! Really hope I can get to the 1 stone mark as dieting and exercise has always been something I've struggled with, its such a good feeling when things are going right though "

The little milestones really help me keep motivated, each half stone or when you're in the next stone down to what you were before

Reply privately

over a year ago

Reply privately

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

3lbs off this week, which is nice.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Gained half a pound this week, but I've stuffed my face the entire week so not unexpected. Back on track as of now!

Reply privately

over a year ago

evesham

Parkrun 46 in the bag today. Was slower than last week but my legs wresting hunting from Thursday's epic run plus I stopped to help a little girl that had lost her dad cos I'm nice like that

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Parkrun 46 in the bag today. Was slower than last week but my legs wresting hunting from Thursday's epic run plus I stopped to help a little girl that had lost her dad cos I'm nice like that "

Awwww - hope you found him quickly? I'm off for a fun swim with the kids today. Trying to get my daughter - who wants to do 'crafty' things and watch tv all day - to exercise more! She's very slender - but needs far more activity than she gets! Xx

Reply privately

over a year ago

Yay i actually lost this week. ...a whole entire pound

Reply privately

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

"Yay i actually lost this week. ...a whole entire pound

"

I've set my goals on My Fitness Pal to 1lb a week. I'd rather it came off slowly and stayed off than quickly and I break and go on a binge.

Reply privately

over a year ago

3lb off this week, 22lb off so far this yr.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I've set my goals on My Fitness Pal to 1lb a week. I'd rather it came off slowly and stayed off than quickly and I break and go on a binge."

I use that too but I've got so much to lose that i thought I'd start assuming to lose 2 lb a week and then when i get over halfway where i want to be then aim for 1 lb a week. ....not quite going to plan but going in the right direction none the less

Reply privately

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

I've set my goals on My Fitness Pal to 1lb a week. I'd rather it came off slowly and stayed off than quickly and I break and go on a binge.

I use that too but I've got so much to lose that i thought I'd start assuming to lose 2 lb a week and then when i get over halfway where i want to be then aim for 1 lb a week. ....not quite going to plan but going in the right direction none the less"

As they say on the MFP forums, weight loss isn't linear. We're getting there

Reply privately

over a year ago

I use that too but I've got so much to lose that i thought I'd start assuming to lose 2 lb a week and then when i get over halfway where i want to be then aim for 1 lb a week. ....not quite going to plan but going in the right direction none the less

As they say on the MFP forums, weight loss isn't linear. We're getting there "

I've never used their forums. Are they any good?

Reply privately

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

I've never used their forums. Are they any good? "

They make Fab forums look like CBeebies. But I've got some good advice off them.

Reply privately

over a year ago

They make Fab forums look like CBeebies. But I've got some good advice off them."

I won't on the asking for advice on anal fisting then!

Reply privately

over a year ago

Kent

They make Fab forums look like CBeebies. But I've got some good advice off them."

I didn't realise there were forums.. If the fitness and exercise threads on here are anything to go by I think I'll pass! Ha x

Reply privately

By *etitesaraTV/TS
over a year ago

rochdale

47 miles/3'500ft of climbing on the bike this morning, how on earth can the bloody wind be in my face ALL the way round?? It was horrible, my knees hurt & I was fighting the wind all the way round.

I'm going to eat cake and sulk now!

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

Well done you! Next time you go to the supermarket, look at a pound of lard or dripping. Then pick it up. It's actually pretty heavy - and the fat you lost looks just like a 'sloshier' verson of that! It's an achievement! Well done you!!

Reply privately

over a year ago

As they say on the MFP forums, weight loss isn't linear. We're getting there "

What's MFP please? Xx

Reply privately

By *HandDNCouple
over a year ago

Dublin

Started training for a charity fight in January, lost a stone in the first month but nothing since but have lost inches, increased strength and flexibility and most importantly for many things stamina. Fight is next weekend so can't wait to cut loose for a couple of weekends and then back training for my next fight. Firm believer it's not only about the scales though

Reply privately

over a year ago

Well done you! Next time you go to the supermarket, look at a pound of lard or dripping. Then pick it up. It's actually pretty heavy - and the fat you lost looks just like a 'sloshier' verson of that! It's an achievement! Well done you!! "

Actually this is true, a pound is heavier than you think!

Reply privately

over a year ago

What's MFP please? Xx"

My Fitness Pal...It's an app so you can track what you are eating and your exercise

Reply privately

over a year ago

Well done you! Next time you go to the supermarket, look at a pound of lard or dripping. Then pick it up. It's actually pretty heavy - and the fat you lost looks just like a 'sloshier' verson of that! It's an achievement! Well done you!!

Actually this is true, a pound is heavier than you think!"

Oh great....I'm even heavier than i think

Reply privately

By *edangel_2013Woman
over a year ago

southend

Well I've just found out I'm too fat to wing walk.

So after the events I have planned for this year, I'll have to focus a little on weight loss rather than fitness.

Reply privately

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

30 mins Interval training on the cross trainer and a very good Abs Blast class. I'm trying a new class on Wednesday so suspect I'll be stiff on Thursday (hurr hurr!)

Reply privately

By *ecretlyASoftieWoman
over a year ago

Hull but travel regularly

"47 miles/3'500ft of climbing on the bike this morning, how on earth can the bloody wind be in my face ALL the way round?? It was horrible, my knees hurt & I was fighting the wind all the way round.

I'm going to eat cake and sulk now!"

But just think how awesome your arse will look after that

Reply privately

over a year ago

so far, hiit two times a week, light cardio on 3days and 3 days of compound exercises, haven't lost much but the fat is melting off.

eating around 1500-1800 of a diet made of 40% fat, 35% protein and 25%carbs, i love shitty food so this is perfect for me

Reply privately

By *eubenesqueWoman
over a year ago

Northampton

Well reading all the posts in this thread was like running a marathon! Nice to see so many people taking responsibility and control...I however have suffered some weight gain since being off my feet for a few months...still not able to walk far and unable to run at all but perhaps most importantly...yet to muster the enthusiasm or willpower (she says as she munches a packet of marshmallows)

Well done you you all though, you have my respect

Reply privately

over a year ago

Kent

Sorry I've been AWOL.. Had some good days and some bad days last week including eating a big fat hot dog with fried onions at a swingers club at 2am Sunday.. So I've stayed the same this week. But I've only got 7lbs to lose now till target so I'm gonna have to up the ante to drop that..

Had my carby treat day today so now it's head down and crack on and try to shift a lb or 2 next week.

I've a meet tomorrow then I'm straight to the gym after so that should melt a few calories off! lol x

Reply privately

By *ust_for_laughsCouple
over a year ago

Hinckley

Another 1.5lb off today, 4.5 more and I've lost 10% of my starting weight, 10 more and I'm at target!

Reply privately

over a year ago

I use that too but I've got so much to lose that i thought I'd start assuming to lose 2 lb a week and then when i get over halfway where i want to be then aim for 1 lb a week. ....not quite going to plan but going in the right direction none the less"

@SS ~ Looking at your pics I woudn't think you have loads to lose!

Dont lose too much off that peach of an arse....

Reply privately

over a year ago

Ok since being laid off work. Not going to the gym and not being unwell I've dropped 6lbs I am not happy

Reply privately

over a year ago

Sj is running and is looking fit running over 5 miles now and not even out of breath works up a good sweat though! and her arse looks Devine in her running shorts.

Reply privately

By *trawberry-popWoman
over a year ago

South East Midlands NOT

Well, I only got round to starting my diet on Saturday. I've been trying to make healthier choices since xmas anyway, but making a real concerted effort now to shed some flab.

My best friend gets married in 18 weeks and i'm one of 3 bridesmaids...a whale next to the other 2! I'd like to lose a minimum of 2st in the next 18 weeks. If I can lose more i'll be super happy!

So, i'm low cal and low carbing. Hungry a lot, but I hope to be in ketosis soon which i've found means I stop noticing the hunger.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Does anyone have fitness pal app? I find it really help full with keeping track of calories

Reply privately

over a year ago

I never stop feeling the hunger.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Does anyone have fitness pal app? I find it really help full with keeping track of calories"

I use Noom which has helped me loads!

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Does anyone have fitness pal app? I find it really help full with keeping track of calories

I use Noom which has helped me loads! "

I think anything like that can really help. Apparently i need 2990 cals and only getting 2600 at moment

Reply privately

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

"Does anyone have fitness pal app? I find it really help full with keeping track of calories"

Tracking my calories is the only way I can lose weight. I was very happy to be able to get the MFP app on my new phone.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Kent

"Does anyone have fitness pal app? I find it really help full with keeping track of calories

I think anything like that can really help. Apparently i need 2990 cals and only getting 2600 at moment"

2990?? That's a lot. What are you trying to do? Get bigger?

Reply privately

By *ondimentsCouple
over a year ago

Southampton

"Another 1.5lb off today, 4.5 more and I've lost 10% of my starting weight, 10 more and I'm at target! "

Do you mean kg?

Reply privately

By *ust_for_laughsCouple
over a year ago

Hinckley

"Another 1.5lb off today, 4.5 more and I've lost 10% of my starting weight, 10 more and I'm at target!

Do you mean kg? "

Nope, definitely lbs. Scales weigh in 0.5lb increments now, it's not like the olden days.

Technically, I should have put 1/2 but life's too short.

Reply privately

over a year ago

@SS ~ Looking at your pics I woudn't think you have loads to lose!

Dont lose too much off that peach of an arse...."

Thanks CL it's quite deceptive. ...even losing 2 stone I'll still be at the upper end of a healthy weight for my height and a comfortable size 12. So no worries about me disappearing

Reply privately

over a year ago

I think anything like that can really help. Apparently i need 2990 cals and only getting 2600 at moment

2990?? That's a lot. What are you trying to do? Get bigger? "

Yes i would like to put a stone on then by time i have cut i will be around 12.5 stone

Reply privately

By *ondimentsCouple
over a year ago

Southampton

"Another 1.5lb off today, 4.5 more and I've lost 10% of my starting weight, 10 more and I'm at target!

Do you mean kg?

Nope, definitely lbs. Scales weigh in 0.5lb increments now, it's not like the olden days.

Technically, I should have put 1/2 but life's too short."

So you wanted to lose 6 lbs, which is 10% of your starting weight, so 60 lbs (27kg)?! Or am I missing something?

Reply privately

By *ust_for_laughsCouple
over a year ago

Hinckley

Do you mean kg?

Technically, I should have put 1/2 but life's too short.

So you wanted to lose 6 lbs, which is 10% of your starting weight, so 60 lbs (27kg)?! Or am I missing something? "

Yeah, you'd missed something, I'd already lost 15lbs before I lost 1.5lbs this week!

I started out at 14st 12.5lbs, I'm now 13st 10lbs.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Mayostatin GDF-8 factor, pre determines how much muscle a person can get, that's why you see bulls being so muscly, they are loaded with it.

Reply privately

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

Metabolic Effect class - 20 mins of compound moves with 3kg weights. I'm gonna regret that tomorrow! I just hope I haven't knackered myself too much for my Metafit class.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I never gain much weight but am the heaviest I have ever been around 11st 5,

I'm looking to get to about 12st and a better shape to my body before I post anymore pics

Reply privately

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

Another day, another class. I could barely keep up (Metafit the day after a weights class may have been a bit much) but I did keep up.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Kent

"Another day, another class. I could barely keep up (Metafit the day after a weights class may have been a bit much) but I did keep up. "

I've done nothing all week there's been so much going on! But I've got 2 classes back to back in the morning x

Reply privately

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

"Another day, another class. I could barely keep up (Metafit the day after a weights class may have been a bit much) but I did keep up.

I've done nothing all week there's been so much going on! But I've got 2 classes back to back in the morning x"

After 30 mins weights class yesterday my arms were like noodles, but half the class stayed on for a kettlebell class! I hope I get that fit eventually.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I think I've finally started shifting the weight again after reaching a bit of a plateau over the last few weeks....I have lost 4 lbs this week, taking my total weight loss to just over 1 1/2 stone and 3 inches off my waist. I'm feeling chuffed with myself this week.

Reply privately

By *trawberry-popWoman
over a year ago

South East Midlands NOT

"I think I've finally started shifting the weight again after reaching a bit of a plateau over the last few weeks....I have lost 4 lbs this week, taking my total weight loss to just over 1 1/2 stone and 3 inches off my waist. I'm feeling chuffed with myself this week. "

Well done you!

I have my first weigh tonight after a week of low carbing...until I fell foul of a naan bread last night. 600 cals in a naan! Can you believe that?!

Hopefully i'll have lost a few lbs and a bit off my waist.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Lost another 2lb this week, really pleasantly surprised as I've been quite laid back with my diet and exercise and had quite a bit of alcohol on Tuesday. Onwards and upwards!

Reply privately

By *trawberry-popWoman
over a year ago

South East Midlands NOT

"I think I've finally started shifting the weight again after reaching a bit of a plateau over the last few weeks....I have lost 4 lbs this week, taking my total weight loss to just over 1 1/2 stone and 3 inches off my waist. I'm feeling chuffed with myself this week.

Well done you!

I have my first weigh tonight after a week of low carbing...until I fell foul of a naan bread last night. 600 cals in a naan! Can you believe that?!

Hopefully i'll have lost a few lbs and a bit off my waist. "

Well. I lost an inch off my waist...

And 10 fucking lbs!

Boom!

Reply privately

over a year ago

Kent

"I think I've finally started shifting the weight again after reaching a bit of a plateau over the last few weeks....I have lost 4 lbs this week, taking my total weight loss to just over 1 1/2 stone and 3 inches off my waist. I'm feeling chuffed with myself this week.

Well done you!

And 10 fucking lbs!

Boom!"

Nice!!!

Reply privately

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

Well done you!

And 10 fucking lbs!

Boom!"

Two thumbs up

Its my weigh in and measuring day tomorrow.

Reply privately

By *trawberry-popWoman
over a year ago

South East Midlands NOT

Thanks ladies.

Treat day tomorrow-out for a friend's birthday and it will be a full on 3 course meal so i'll be breaking my calorie allowance for the day and I expect i'll be taking some carbs in, but will get straight back on track on Sunday.

Reply privately

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

5lbs down this week and 6 inches off this month! I have no idea how as I was eating cake on Tuesday. Lots of cake. I am sure next weekend won't be the same, seeing as I'll be eating and drinking in Barcelona

Looks like the exercise classes are working though.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Kent

"5lbs down this week and 6 inches off this month! I have no idea how as I was eating cake on Tuesday. Lots of cake. I am sure next weekend won't be the same, seeing as I'll be eating and drinking in Barcelona

Looks like the exercise classes are working though."

Nice one.. I've been pretty good this week after last weeks 3 day binge plus a night out Saturday so I'm hoping for a good lb or 2 off on Monday!!

Reply privately

over a year ago

evesham

Parkrun 47 today!!!

Really need to look at my diet...ate for England last week

Reply privately

over a year ago

North London half marathon tomorrow, very hungover today and think I went to bed about 8 this morning. Suspect it will hurt!

Reply privately

over a year ago

Kent

"North London half marathon tomorrow, very hungover today and think I went to bed about 8 this morning. Suspect it will hurt!"

good luck xx

Reply privately

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

"North London half marathon tomorrow, very hungover today and think I went to bed about 8 this morning. Suspect it will hurt!"

Hope you make it.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I'm getting in shape for a hike up Ben Nevis this summer - first training session today eek!

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I'm getting in shape for a hike up Ben Nevis this summer - first training session today eek! "

Out the igloo

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I want to put weight on want to get to 13.5 stone then cut back to 13. Im at 12st4 at the minute

Well done miss hotty bet you look "

She does x

Reply privately

By *oxesMan
over a year ago

Southend, Essex

"Well we are nearly 2 months into the new year already and I good that everyone is keeping up with their goals whatever they are..

I decided to eat like a big fat pig all day yesterday and I've woken up today feeling rotten so I'm on a detox the rest of the week. Need to sort out the constant nagging to eat sweet stuff!!

My mini goal was to get under 9 1/2 stone by the end of march and I'm well on track for that so any extra is a bonus!! "

You planned well and you seem to have concition many of the people I saw when I was working in a gym used to say 'I want to get fit for my resolution' , but did not have either the conviction or the well planed min goals and direction to be able to acheive it so they dropped out.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Kent

"I want to put weight on want to get to 13.5 stone then cut back to 13. Im at 12st4 at the minute

Well done miss hotty bet you look

She does x"

Thanks chick!

Reply privately

over a year ago

Kent

2.5lb off this week.

Started at 12st 10.5

Now weight 9st 4.75

Grand total of 47.75lb off and still going..would love to hit the 50lb mark by the end of the month.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I'm getting in shape for a hike up Ben Nevis this summer - first training session today eek!

Out the igloo "

Haha!!

Reply privately

By *etitesaraTV/TS
over a year ago

rochdale

Well, that hurt.

First Audax ride of the year & only 3rd road ride of the year due to illness.

126 miles

8656ft of ascent

8hrs 52min in the saddle

4561 calories burnt.

Reply privately