FabSwingers.com mobile

Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Has swinging help in building your confidence.?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Many of the things make people feel better about themselves and actually help building self-confidence. Taking time out for your own plans and dreams can do that .. So has swinging helped you in some way as I think you have to be to meet people you don't really know. OR have it not helped.?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I'm definately feeling much better about my body because of swinging. My ego has had a boost from the compliments I've recieved and the people who have wanted to play with me.

Thank you all!

By *entaur_UKMan
over a year ago

Cannock

I would say swinging has boosted my confidence, made me more outgoing and i'm much more confident about approaching a woman and striking up conversations now than i used to be before i got into swinging.

over a year ago

I wouldn't say my membership has boosted my confidence.

Sometimes the insincere and over the top compliments have the opposite effect, and leave me doubting my appearance. I don't really receive compliments very well, though.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

It has made me realise that life I is not over when you reach fifty as far as sex is concerned but I don't think it's affected my confidence either way. From what I read in the forums lots of people very quickly have their confidence knocked and are more willing to believe a minority negative opinion than a majority positive one. The trick is to realise that on here it's best to only believe a tiny fraction of what you hear, good or bad

over a year ago

fab has helped my confidence no end.when your told for twenty two years your fat. ugly. stupid.you kind of start believing it..not now though..thanks fab

over a year ago

It's helped me be more confident in speaking with and meeting new people. This was initially on Fab but it has crossed over Into everyday life as well.

By *oobsandballsMan
over a year ago

st andrews

Yep, I've always felt fat and ugly.

Then I met Mr and he introduced me to all this. My confidence has shot up and yes, while I'm still fat, I no longer believe I'm ugly. I feel so much more confident in my 30s than I ever did in my 20s.

I'll never be able to thank my man enough for what he's done for me.

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 08/02/15 16:23:30]

over a year ago

Yes and no. I've always been confident and never had issues approaching people. But it has boosted my confidence about taking my clothes off in front of people for sure.

Used to hate being topless or whatnot. Now I'm not really that bothered

By *ancs MinxWoman
over a year ago

Burnley

"It's helped me be more confident in speaking with and meeting new people. This was initially on Fab but it has crossed over Into everyday life as well."

By *ropicalmanMan
over a year ago

Rochester

Overall I think it has give me confidence to speak to the ladies with same interest and of course their partner too

What has knock me back it when I chat via messages. We could have been cheating for ages polite respectable conversation. The minute I send a pic the conversation STOP so that make me questioning myself

Am I that UGLY!!!!!!

Confident plung at the bottom of the sea

over a year ago

I am loving your posts .. xxx

By *ola.Woman
over a year ago

Just where I need to be.

It has given me more confidence to show my body. Years of being ridiculed about my size and that I wasn't sexy. A fb made me aware that I am me and just embrace who I am. Fab has just given me the opportunity to allow my confidence to build.

over a year ago

Looks-wise, I don't think it's made any difference. It's probably increased my confidence in meeting and talking to different people because I can be quite shy.

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 08/02/15 16:31:11]

over a year ago

I thought myself to be fat and unattractive. Now I think I'm superior to most on here.

Neither of which are good.

The hundreds of messages, fabs and compliments have made my ego massive.

It's good for my confidence but not much else.

over a year ago

I haven't tried swinging yet, so not sure lol

over a year ago

It hasn't really affected me confidence wise. I've met a few people who label themselves as confident, but place high importance on swinging and it heavily impacts their esteem or self perception.

By *HaRiFMan
over a year ago

Beyond the shadows.

"Many of the things make people feel better about themselves and actually help building self-confidence. Taking time out for your own plans and dreams can do that .. So has swinging helped you in some way as I think you have to be to meet people you don't really know. OR have it not helped.? "

Well it's helped in the sense, I can hide my nervousness and shyness a bit better now.

over a year ago

I'm massively more confident about my looks and "abilities" as a result of this site.

over a year ago

Not really. I guess it's made me more sexually confident. I know what I like, what makes me tick etc and not afraid to say it..

However body wise, I hate the fake compliments. The "lines" delivered under the guise of truth.. It's hard to know who's "real" and who isn't, and in that respect confidence in myself can be lowered. I like to be number one and am very competitive. This is probably why I prefer parties and clubs to one to one meets.

By *oandjohnCouple
over a year ago

South Wales, will travel to Hereford, Worcestershire and Shropshire

Yes and No

Yes because Jo has done things she has not done before and is more comfortable in playing.

And No because when you have a bad meeting it can have a negative effect.

over a year ago

People will say and do anything to get a fuck. It's all utter bullshit.

I get what I want from it. No effect on my self confidence though.

over a year ago

Yes swinging has helped me a lot, going into a place on my own without knowing a single person terrified me. But after going to a club on my own i feel as if i can do anything now

over a year ago

I'm definitely a lot more confident in myself but not sure that's just through being on here had a lot if changes in the past year or si x

over a year ago

Hmm. Just thought about this. Saying I feel more confident and comfortable with me; it sounds a bit arrogant.

I think less paranoid is more accurate.

By *andWCouple
over a year ago

Pontypridd

It's a yes and no answer from me, in one respect I'm more confident in myself, knowing what I want and don't want sexually, and it's been lovely realising I'm not weird for wanting the things I do.

Body shape wise it's made me less confident, starting thinking about surgery to improve.

By *oobsandballsMan
over a year ago

st andrews

"Hmm. Just thought about this. Saying I feel more confident and comfortable with me; it sounds a bit arrogant.

I think less paranoid is more accurate. "

It doesn't sound arrogant at all, it sounds real.

Had you said you've realised that you're actually gods gift, that would sound arrogant

over a year ago

I dont think i could of been on here if i lacked confidence or was shy of meeting and talking to people.

I am what i am. I look how i look i cant change it. I accept who i am take it or leave i wont lose sleep over it

over a year ago

Surprisingly yes, when people take notice of your message and say nice things it's actually lovely. Especially being a guy.

over a year ago

being a naturist gave me a confidence boost - swinging and all the compliments make me smile - but often still feel the same old insecure person inside that the ex made me -

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

"Many of the things make people feel better about themselves and actually help building self-confidence. Taking time out for your own plans and dreams can do that .. So has swinging helped you in some way as I think you have to be to meet people you don't really know. OR have it not helped.? "

Made no difference to my confidence at all: can't remember a time I wasn't. Changed my life though as met my other half here.

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

It's probably not made that much difference to be honest

By *layfull pairingCouple
over a year ago

Bristol

Not so much the site, but certainly going to swinging clubs has definately boosted confidence...

over a year ago

Well over the years seen people change from swinging . For the good and the bad .

over a year ago

Definitely has boosted my confidence. For most of my life I have suffered from low self esteem due to my mother & ex partner.

When I met Hex, he was able to boost my confidence a bit but that little voice in my head still won thinking that he was only saying I was beautiful etc as he was my partner.

I always shied away from photos and really cringed when seeing any of myself.

Since joining Fab and going to a club my confidence has had a huge boost, from people fabbing my pics to being eyed up in the club.

As you can see from our gallery, I no longer shy away from the camera I won't say I don't still have my cringe moments when I see the pics but I am trusting Hex when he says it's a great photo of me.

Hids

over a year ago

It has made me realise that there are some people out there who genuinely find the larger woman attractive. I still don't like my body but i'm not as shy about showing it as I was. x

over a year ago

Yes, it has. You are always testing yourself as you have to be 'out there' meeting new people, being in new social situations, and dealing with performance stresses (!); it can help to know who you are.

over a year ago

"It has made me realise that there are some people out there who genuinely find the larger woman attractive. I still don't like my body but i'm not as shy about showing it as I was. x"

By *adybee77Woman
over a year ago

MAMOBA, miles and miles of bugger all (Aberdeenshire)

Honestly, I don't think Fab has changed my confidence at all... I am still fairly shy on meeting people.

The compliments on here are usually viewed with suspicion unless I have already built a rapport with someone.

I have definitely become more accepting of myself and my confidence has built over the last 3 years - but a lot of that is to do with things away from fab - like continued weight loss, passing my gym instructor exams, and finding a wonderful lover who accepts and revels in me and my little kinks (which were never part of fab anyway)

over a year ago

Will had helped my confidence x

As many women have already posted years of being made to feel unattractive, fat and useless at sex are hard to wipe out in a relatively short space of time tho.

Hopefully he won't stop trying! x

Sara

By *inaTitzTV/TS
over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

I was out with Goldi on Saturday night and the people we bumped into bumped my confidence up. I had one person who definitely didn't twig I was TG, another who wanted to know if I was bi or les and upon being told I was les ( ) just complimented me and so on.

over a year ago

"I was out with Goldi on Saturday night and the people we bumped into bumped my confidence up. I had one person who definitely didn't twig I was TG, another who wanted to know if I was bi or les and upon being told I was les ( ) just complimented me and so on. "
Well I wish I had been there with you two .. I bet you have a lovely time. And I could do with a good night out. xx

By *inaTitzTV/TS
over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

You'd have had a brill night, we did

I did try to subtly set her up with some hot guys

over a year ago

I'd say it's definitively brought D out her shell and I feel she is more confident now.

For me I feel I've gone from being super confident to not really, as far as swinging goes anyhoo.

B

over a year ago

"I would say swinging has boosted my confidence, made me more outgoing and i'm much more confident about approaching a woman and striking up conversations now than i used to be before i got into swinging. "

How did it work for you?

By *rtemisiaWoman
over a year ago

Norwich

It has helped a lot I think. I went through a stage of feeling drab and crappy and this helped to bring me out of it.

By *ere-for-my-convenienceWoman
over a year ago

West Midlands

Yes

By *ENDAROOSCouple
over a year ago

South West London / Surrey

While I'm still a pretty shy person. Swinging has made me more confident and willing to chat to people and approach those that I don't know.

over a year ago

Currently crushing.

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

Neither increased nor deccreased, I d say and there are a couple of things to be considered.

I feel you need a modicum of self-belief to go into the life style to begin with, and if you are in a relationship with somebody, both parties need to be clear about what they want and not want out of swinging. Perhaps that is partly about "confidence in the relationship" that one needs to be in there in the first place?

The other consideration is that of potential rejection - nobody is everybody's cup of tea so most people will come across somebody they might like but who does not reciprocate in return which, if self belief was not there in the first place, could dent the self confidence.

Hope this makes sense ....

By *he tactile technicianMan
over a year ago

the good lands, the bad lands, the any where you may want me lands

personally speaking if you haven't the self confidence to accept rejection, I don't think this kind of life style is going to do anything more than knock you. On the other hand though, swinging certainly can help you deal with rejection and I guess that can be seen as building your self confidence.

Post new Message to Thread