Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

more government cuts

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

BBC News: Government scrapping nhs direct

Bastards - does that mean I'm going to have to pay £1.50 a minute from now on to call a babe to chat about my cock?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

There bringing in a new telephone service that you can ring for non 999 emergency problems. So you will still be able to talk about your cock till your hearts content

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"BBC News: Government scrapping nhs direct

Bastards - does that mean I'm going to have to pay £1.50 a minute from now on to call a babe to chat about my cock?"

111 is really easy to do one handed [grin]

over a year ago

111 staff will be less well trained and less well paid than NHS Direct staff.

People will die as a result of this short-sighted politically motivated move.

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Bastards - does that mean I'm going to have to pay £1.50 a minute from now on to call a babe to chat about my cock?

111 is really easy to do one handed [grin]"

i Must say i find your constant reference to "alternative" emergency numbers rather tiresome. 111 this, 111 that,it never stops

over a year ago

111 is really easy to do one handed [grin]

i Must say i find your constant reference to "alternative" emergency numbers rather tiresome. 111 this, 111 that,it never stops "

hehe watch out, you posted a comment - you never know what'll happen!

By *plpxp2Couple
over a year ago

Middlesbrough

How long before them guys from 118 118 are providing it or an off shore call centre?

over a year ago

"111 staff will be less well trained and less well paid than NHS Direct staff.

People will die as a result of this short-sighted politically motivated move."

Kinda scary - as someone who actually used NHS direct a while back and was really not that impressed. maybe they'll just reroute 111 to a call centre in Delhi.

over a year ago

Kinda scary - as someone who actually used NHS direct a while back and was really not that impressed. maybe they'll just reroute 111 to a call centre in Delhi."

All that'll happen is that people will boycott 111 and dial 999 mentioning the fact they have 'chest pains'. You'll get an 'emergency' ambulance (or two wheeled paramedic), within 8 minutes.

over a year ago

Kinda scary - as someone who actually used NHS direct a while back and was really not that impressed. maybe they'll just reroute 111 to a call centre in Delhi."

All that'll happen is that people will boycott 111 and dial 999 mentioning the fact they have 'chest pains'. You'll get an 'emergency' ambulance (or two wheeled paramedic), within 8 minutes.

over a year ago

Kinda scary - as someone who actually used NHS direct a while back and was really not that impressed. maybe they'll just reroute 111 to a call centre in Delhi.

All that'll happen is that people will boycott 111 and dial 999 mentioning the fact they have 'chest pains'. You'll get an 'emergency' ambulance (or two wheeled paramedic), within 8 minutes."

This is the fundamental problem with having two services - when joe public feels ill, he wants the big guns.

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 28/08/10 19:12:41]

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 28/08/10 19:12:30]

over a year ago

All that'll happen is that people will boycott 111 and dial 999 mentioning the fact they have 'chest pains'. You'll get an 'emergency' ambulance (or two wheeled paramedic), within 8 minutes."

And that will be really dangerous. Lets hope that none of us are having a heart attack and cannot get emergency services to quickly because they've all been called out to people who have indigestion or a sore toe etc

over a year ago

"

This is the fundamental problem with having two services - when joe public feels ill, he wants the big guns."

That's so true. For years the man to go to if you had breast cancer in Glasgow was known to be Professor George. His name was spoken in reverential tones wherever women gathered together and breast cancer was discussed.

It got so that if you didn't have Prof George's name on the tag above your bed you felt like a second class patient.

Not a good situation to allow.

over a year ago

And that will be really dangerous. Lets hope that none of us are having a heart attack and cannot get emergency services to quickly because they've all been called out to people who have indigestion or a sore toe etc "

That's what'll happen if people lose confident in 111. Imagine it were your parent or child and an undertrained and underpaid spotty wean in a call centre didn't share your concern about their well-being.

Post new Message to Thread